BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:54:28 AM EDT
[#1]
sweet!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:59:41 AM EDT
[#2]

AR15.COM Battlefield 2 RANKED server is ONLINE NOW!
Server Donations link

Server info:
* Ranked Server
* IP: 72.36.157.17
* Port: 16567 (default)
* 32 Player slots

Add the server to your BF2 Favorites!

Contact Admins if you have any questions/problems:
* blueshockey (casajump)
* REDHORSE (rellik_remag)
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:43:11 PM EDT
[#3]
suhweet!  I'll try to jump on and get some gaming in it tonight.

I'll try to send a few bucks your way to help cover the monthly cost also.

Thanks a million.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:36:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Already banned our first stat padders.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:12:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Already banned our first stat padders.

Yep, we now have a 'Hall of Shame':

4 Stat padders from a Canadian Clan
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:37:21 PM EDT
[#6]
still a bit of a newb, but what is the definition of stat padding?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:02:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
still a bit of a newb, but what is the definition of stat padding?

using each other to gain badges and points. i.e. easy knife kills, handgun kills.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:12:34 AM EDT
[#8]
if stat padding is rampant, it could wind up getting our server's ranked status yanked.

Don't do it, and if you see somebody doing it get one of us to boot/ban them for it.

I personally don't have a problem with base camping or spawn raping if it's down to a lone flag and they are getting their asses handed to them.    It's happened to us before and we've done it to others before, you play the game you take your lumps.

But purposeful stat padding, no way.

The server finally emptied tonight around 1PM PST.    Got down to around 5 players only and that was it.     I restarted the server so that hopefully it will help take care of any lag issues that might be experienced, most servers get restarted 2 times a day.   Not sure if that has anything to do with why some of us were getting lag during games earlier today.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:30:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Awesome,  I'll have to check it out!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:36:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Great time last night. Nice long games.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:02:30 AM EDT
[#11]
I figured out a map we forgot for the list.

Wake.

Yeah, it's not the greatest but when I think about it some of our better maps have been wake maps when we are on the same side and manage to quickly run the map.

As it sits now,

the map order is.

Strike at Karkand   64 player size
Kubra Dam            64 player size
Mashtuur City         64 player size
Gulf of Oman          64 player size
Sharqi Peninsula    64 player size
Zatar Wetlands      64 player size
Dalian Plant           64 player size
Wake                    64 player size

Earlier tonight I spent probably an hour on Strike with nobody else on the server while using the vodnik to run around the map looking for buildings to get up on.    There's one that is quick and easy to get to that over looks the hotel, could be a GOOD sniping spot.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:14:05 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Wake.

Yeah, it's not the greatest but when I think about it some of our better maps have been wake maps when we are on the same side and manage to quickly run the map.

As it sits now,

the map order is.

Earlier tonight I spent probably an hour on Strike with nobody else on the server while using the vodnik to run around the map looking for buildings to get up on.    There's one that is quick and easy to get to that over looks the hotel, could be a GOOD sniping spot.

Just a suggestion, drop Kubra and add Daqing Oilfields
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:45:53 AM EDT
[#13]
We can definitely rotate though things, even dropping down to 16 player maps with 32 people if we wanted.

I personally hate Daging Oilfields, mostly cause all the damned tanks.     Kubra is fun for chopper pilots.

Anyhow, now for something completely different.     Early this morning I figured out how to revive people without their kits if they piss me off.     Cruze, Striker, and powerplus all got to see me do it on the carrier this morning before a round got started.

Now children, don't cross the street unless you hold hands with your buddy.

My buddy uberstud re-enacting a scene from Shakespeare

What's this C4 doing under me?

I'm a little teapot....

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:30:51 AM EDT
[#14]
That was cool. Appreciate the fun.
Powerplus553
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:14:22 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wake.

As it sits now,

the map order is.

Just a suggestion, drop Kubra and add Daqing Oilfields

We can change maps and sizes on the fly without having to re-start the server.

I'm with you absolut, I like a good jet map anytime.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:16:42 AM EDT
[#16]
hey Dizza, can u make like a "Team 1" "Team 2" section on Team Speak so that we don't give up our positions when playing the opposite team?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:00:11 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
hey Dizza, can u make like a "Team 1" "Team 2" section on Team Speak so that we don't give up our positions when playing the opposite team?

Renamed the other BF2 channel to "Side 2" the Lobby can be Side 1
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:11:10 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
4 Stat padders from a Canadian Clan

I was wondering what the hell those guys were up to.  I was going to rocket one of them on the opposite team, when one of his clanmates on my team got in my face, and wouldn't let me shoot.  I guess I left before they got banned.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:23:24 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Created two new rooms. For myself, I created two keybinds that allow me to go up or down a channel. You guys might want to do the same. That way if you get switched teams, you can move around the channels to without having to Alt-Tab out of the game.

-d
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:55:49 PM EDT
[#20]
The bar has been set!  Best score for the AR15 server?!?

Got to play for awhile tonight.  Server is running great!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:15:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Ski has had a 200+ score. I've had in the 150+ range.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:12:46 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Ski has had a 200+ score. I've had in the 150+ range.

K:D  Points are easy to get
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:35:21 PM EDT
[#23]
the bar was set and raised tonight
although I did like to catch bullets
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:55:48 PM EDT
[#24]
I still suck.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:00:23 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/bull_8/screencaptureBF2.jpg

hehe that was a good round, I just keptshooting people down, then got swapped so I picked up the bomber and poor tatjana got the shit end of the stick on that, I think I got her 6-7 times immediately after she spawned
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:36:18 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Echo7 got close with his 48-4
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:56:11 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Echo7 got close with his 48-4

I drop bombs, literally  I'm a cheater
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:08:50 AM EDT
[#28]
When you guys are playing with us, make sure to use a tag of [AR15]. Otherwise you might be kicked to make room for another arfcomer. In addition, check out this thread Xfire and TS it talks about how we communicate online and find eachother. Great tools when playing. Even if you don't have a mic, you can still listen to us.

Right now we are seeing people joining the BF2 server saying they are from here and we have no idea who they are because of name differences :)

-d
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:58:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Well I kept it simple.  I used my ARFCOM name.
Right now with this name I am a PFC but in my main account I am a Gunnery Sergeant.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:30:47 PM EDT
[#30]
how do we add a tag to our name?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:44:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Yup, I was one of those guys who didnt have the AR15 tag. Had fun though. You can't stop me when I have a wrench...
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:15:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Had a blast. my first time, so naturally i got my ass blasted to bits. lol.....
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:53:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Tried it out tonight, [AR15]Miner.  

I spent most of the time flying against some guy [ar15] mohammad, and [ar15]m1-matt.  They are pretty good.  

I will be back.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:20:59 AM EDT
[#34]
on teamspeak now too!  Got the "Secret Handshake."    
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:14:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Welcome aboard CSM!  

[AR15] [AA]Mohammed
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:52:41 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Tried it out tonight, [AR15]Miner.  

I spent most of the time flying against some guy [ar15] mohammad, and [ar15]m1-matt.  They are pretty good.  

I will be back.  

Fixed it for you

See you in the game
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:57:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Hey, you guys could put on some kind of a Ground School, or some tips for flying/fighting/bombing.  I understand that part of it is situational awareness and familiarity with the jets and the maps, but there is probably some details that you guys could help speed up the learning process with.  

My big problem is hitting my speed right so I turn inside the enemy in a tight turn.  I am assuming you guys have sticks?  Don't tell me you are using a keyboard!  
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:05:30 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Hey, you guys could put on some kind of a Ground School, or some tips for flying/fighting/bombing.  I understand that part of it is situational awareness and familiarity with the jets and the maps, but there is probably some details that you guys could help speed up the learning process with.  

My big problem is hitting my speed right so I turn inside the enemy in a tight turn.  I am assuming you guys have sticks?  Don't tell me you are using a keyboard!  

i use a keyboard

asoldierwithm18
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:11:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Is there anyway we can help to keep this server up and running for a while?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:30:08 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Is there anyway we can help to keep this server up and running for a while?

Battlefield 2 Server Donations  
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:08:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Borrowing a graphic that Redhorse did...

-d
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:58:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Here is a little help for flying.  Increase the sensitivity of your mouse and you should increase the yaw and pitch rates.  The increase in the rates will allow you to climb faster and turn faster.  Start out slow and then increase them as you get comfortable.  I am flying at max sensitivity and pitch rates and it does make a big difference.  

For driving the tanks and APC increase the mouse sensitivity this will allow you to traverse the turrets easier.  If you get a chance go into a empty server that is playing Strike at Karkand and drive around the city that is a good map to learn how to drive.  Your main goal is not to hit anything.

One last tip if you are new at BF2 I strongly urge that you spend some time in the single player maps to get use to the game play and to make any adjustments to the setting.  

Hope this helped

Matt
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:10:47 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

people.clemson.edu/~andersh/pics/ar15Server.jpg

244 on karkand a few days ago, as infantry.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:00:48 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

people.clemson.edu/~andersh/pics/ar15Server.jpg

244 on karkand a few days ago, as infantry.

With no deaths?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:16:16 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

certain aircraft in the game just out turn others, the F-35 will not turn inside the Mig, or the J-10
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:53:08 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

certain aircraft in the game just out turn others, the F-35 will not turn inside the Mig, or the J-10

It might just be me, but I couldn't out turn the Sukhoi or Mig in a Bug or F-15E.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:32:28 PM EDT
[#47]
No, my killstreak with no deaths is 70.  was on songhua stalemate 32 player server/map. was engy/gunner in 2 man blackhawk team.  Any more than 2 in a bh is a waste.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:33:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Anyway we can get the server to just run 16 player Dalian for the rest of the day to get some practice in for the match tonight?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:50:02 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Anyway we can get the server to just run 16 player Dalian for the rest of the day to get some practice in for the match tonight?

on my linux box you have to edit the maplist.con file to the amount of player you want for the map.  i don't know how it works on the ar15 server.  I don't know if we have full control or what.   Casa would be the only one to know
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:15:46 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

on my linux box you have to edit the maplist.con file to the amount of player you want for the map.  i don't know how it works on the ar15 server.  I don't know if we have full control or what.   Casa would be the only one to know

changing it now...

e-mail if you need it changed again in the future, email is almost always open.

casajump
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top