Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 4:32:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't touched the game since I killed Radahn. I don't know why. I wasn't stuck on anything, just kind of lost the motivation.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 9:15:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

He's tough. A lot of it is getting the pattern down. Get a hit or two in, get out. Run away when he starts the twirling shit. The rot status effect is what really makes the fight annoying.
View Quote

He doesn't inflict rot.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:50:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

He doesn't inflict rot.
View Quote

Oh shit I was thinking of O'Neil. Too many names in this game are too fucking similar.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 11:16:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:14:20 AM EDT
[#5]
7 reasons why the Noble's Slender Sword is the best weapon in the game
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 8:48:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Margit is EASY | Elden Ring Ep2
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 10:27:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Meh, guardian swordspear is better and easier to get.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 7:57:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Got Dragonkin Soldier, Godskin Noble, Rykard, both Moghs, and Commander Niall today.

Godrick, Gargoyles, Mogh in his palace, and Niall all gave me a fit- the rest not so much.

First souls game and it's one of the better games I've played.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 7:36:26 AM EDT
[#9]
I finished it up this weekend.  Awesome game.

You souls guys got any recommendations on what game to try out next?
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 12:43:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

All of them.

ETA: Part of the appeal of Souls games is the replayability.  What level were you when you finished?  I've got a LV33 character that's almost to Mountaintop of Giants, using a +5 weapon.  The level and weapon is heavily spec for multiplayer and PVP, and boss fights are a bitch, but has been doable so far.  Radan was... not easy.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 1:20:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

All of them.

ETA: Part of the appeal of Souls games is the replayability.  What level were you when you finished?  I've got a LV33 character that's almost to Mountaintop of Giants, using a +5 weapon.  The level and weapon is heavily spec for multiplayer and PVP, and boss fights are a bitch, but has been doable so far.  Radan was... not easy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All of them.

I finished around 210 or so.  I did a lot of unnecessary stuff but I enjoyed it.  I had network mode shut off to stay away from pvp.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 8:50:34 PM EDT
[#12]
i finished around 180-190 to platinum both the ps4 and ps5 versions.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 8:32:14 AM EDT
[#13]
If you're playing online, you really have to be careful about character and weapon upgrade level.  Once you hit ~lv100, the optimal builds are able to 1-2 shot you, so you're forced into very specific specs and loadout to be competitive.  Under LV50, you have a little more freedom to try interesting combos without getting completely ganked by some OP player.  

My current favorite setup is using Vyke's spear and St. Trina's sword.  Knock them out with the sword, teabag them a little ('cause they'll be out for 60 seconds ), then wipe them out with the spear's WA.  

In general, St Trina's sword is surprisingly powerful.  Sleep procs about as often as stagger on great hammers, and even works on things that are immune to it (they won't drop, but will get dazed).  On things that are weak to sleep (trolls, crawfish, runebears, etc.) you can knock them out and then switch to a more powerful weapon for the fully charged R2, which will usually give you another stagger.  It's made running through the game at such a low level much easier.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 9:35:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

All of them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All of them.

Finished the platinums for DS3 and DS1.

DS3 is even better than Elden Ring, imo.  Hoping to play the DLC when I finish the next few games.

DS1 was....very frustrating.  I'll never play it again.

On to Bloodborne.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:27:42 PM EDT
[#15]
take a look at my list.
demons souls 3 platinum
dark souls and remastered
ds 2
ds 3
bloodborne
elden ring ps4 and ps5

some of them have platinums on my other psn account so demons souls was actually 5 platinums.
only fromsoft game i couldnt beat was sekiro
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 6:17:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
take a look at my list.
demons souls 3 platinum
ds 2
ds 3
bloodborne
elden ring ps4 and ps5

some of them have platinums on my other psn account so demons souls was actually 5 platinums.
View Quote

Pretty impressive, I knew you were one of the Souls gurus here.

You'll have to cut me some slack, my first souls game was 3 months ago.
Unfortunately I always figured they were too hard based on YouTube videos, was missing out for many years.  Doing Bloodborne now, Demons Souls on PS5 after, and DS2 last.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:06:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Unfortunately I always figured they were too hard based on YouTube videos, was missing out for many years.  Doing Bloodborne now, Demons Souls on PS5 after, and DS2 last.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
take a look at my list.
demons souls 3 platinum
ds 2
ds 3
bloodborne
elden ring ps4 and ps5

Their reputation for being hard is a bit of a myth.  If you're rolling through at SL1, then they are really, really hard.  If you're rolling through at SL200, then they are not even remotely hard.  In reality, the games are exactly as hard as you want them to be, which is the true brilliance of Souls games.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 4:11:34 PM EDT
[#18]
once you figure out how to beat the bosses its pretty easy. i play strictly offline so dont have to deal with invading twats.
my highest character on demons was around sl 274 on ng+18 ish. i could roll through a whole game in  few hours.
bloodborne is all about dodging. there is no turtle up like the souls games.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 10:26:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
once you figure out how to beat the bosses its pretty easy. i play strictly offline so dont have to deal with invading twats.
my highest character on demons was around sl 274 on ng+18 ish. i could roll through a whole game in  few hours.
View Quote

Playing online can be fun with some builds, you just have to game the match rules a bit.  My level 33 build is all vigor and just enough stats for St. Trina's sword and Vyke's warspear (both +2).  LV33 matches up to LV39, and since people like round numbers, this biases my matches against meta-gamers.  The weapon limit and huge HP pool means I can trade all day, so I can fuck with gank squad assholes.  St. Trina's sword knocks people out and Vyke's pretty much ends them.  I strictly play support and don't invade, which is another reason to keep the level low.
Link Posted: 8/27/2022 7:20:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

The bosses are no problem so far.  Hit boxes are odd compared to Souls/ER though.

Those rock throwing giants in the nightmare area gave me problems, and the fucking tick enemies in Cainhurst are stumping me at moment.  Going to try for a bit more and call it a day before I smash a controller.
Link Posted: 8/28/2022 9:52:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The bosses are no problem so far.  Hit boxes are odd compared to Souls/ER though.

Those rock throwing giants in the nightmare area gave me problems, and the fucking tick enemies in Cainhurst are stumping me at moment.  Going to try for a bit more and call it a day before I smash a controller.
View Quote

i dot remember anything about bloodborne. got platinum so long ago and stopped playing. when you get to demons souls let me know. i will help if i can. i have a couple characters i beat the game with.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 9:30:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

i dot remember anything about bloodborne. got platinum so long ago and stopped playing. when you get to demons souls let me know. i will help if i can. i have a couple characters i beat the game with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm moving through Demons Souls atm, it's the easiest out of them so far imo.

I may hit you up when I'm done with the game for the 2 online trophies if that's cool, it's very irritating they put them in this game for the platinum when none of the other games has it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 4:33:04 AM EDT
[#23]
send me a message on psn when ready. i am on every day.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 3:46:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Finally finished them.

If I had to rank them, I'd say Bloodborne>DS3>Elden Ring>Demon's Souls>DS2>DS1, imo.

Thoroughly enjoyed them and can't believe I never played them.  I still need to do the DS3 dlc at some point and going to play through Elden Ring's main game on PS5 at around 120 max now that I got the Souls style play down.
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 10:02:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Finally finished them.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/452515/20221104_153016-2587452.jpg

If I had to rank them, I'd say Bloodborne>DS3>Elden Ring>Demon's Souls>DS2>DS1, imo.

Thoroughly enjoyed them and can't believe I never played them.  I still need to do the DS3 dlc at some point and going to play through Elden Ring's main game on PS5 at around 120 max now that I got the Souls style play down.
View Quote

the order is slightly off
demons, ds1, bloodborne, ds2, eldem, ds3
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 5:44:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Just bought the game, only played a few hours of a souls game before.  Picked it up because I'm tired of the game games, that always tell you exactly what to do and where to go, its been refreshing going wherever, doing whatever and being killed by whatthefuckwasthat!
Any beginner tips?  Just bought a bow, have not upgraded anything yet because I knew if I did I''d likely find a much better weapon a few minutes later

Haven't killed any bosses yet, messed around fighting and killing the giants that are walking around, basically just fighting certain enemies over and over just to learn the ropes and fighting styles.  

It hasn't gotten old yet turning a corner only to see some new hulking monstrosity, sometimes I nope out of there other times I see how long it takes to be a bloodstain.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 9:40:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Just bought the game, only played a few hours of a souls game before.  Picked it up because I'm tired of the game games, that always tell you exactly what to do and where to go, its been refreshing going wherever, doing whatever and being killed by whatthefuckwasthat!
Any beginner tips?  Just bought a bow, have not upgraded anything yet because I knew if I did I''d likely find a much better weapon a few minutes later

Haven't killed any bosses yet, messed around fighting and killing the giants that are walking around, basically just fighting certain enemies over and over just to learn the ropes and fighting styles.  

It hasn't gotten old yet turning a corner only to see some new hulking monstrosity, sometimes I nope out of there other times I see how long it takes to be a bloodstain.
View Quote
At least watch a tutorial on how to get your horse.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 10:55:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
At least watch a tutorial on how to get your horse.
View Quote

Already have it
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 2:14:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Upgrade what you have, you won't find better weapons, only different ones.  What I mean by that is: find a weapon that fits your playstyle, and you can conceivably use it for your entire playthrough. Properly spec'd, any build/weapon combo is capable of getting through the entire game (well, except a pure holy build, then you're fucked ).

From a strict DPS standpoint, the starting weapons are probably the best (or close to it) in the game.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 11:36:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Late reply, but you can get the Pully Bow without killing a single boss and is one of the best, if not the best bow in game.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 5:08:50 PM EDT
[#31]
I’ve been loving this more than I thought I would.

Spent time finding and killing most bosses in limgrave and weeping, I still have a few left like the crucible knight, seriously fuck that dude.

Working my way through liurnia right now, only done a handful of bosses and caves.   Need to kill the dragon by the key.  

Been over to caelid but mostly killing guys for armor and looking around.

Not sure what level I am right now, almost 50 I think.  So not very high level
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 3:13:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I’ve been loving this more than I thought I would.

Spent time finding and killing most bosses in limgrave and weeping, I still have a few left like the crucible knight, seriously fuck that dude.

Working my way through liurnia right now, only done a handful of bosses and caves.   Need to kill the dragon by the key.  

Been over to caelid but mostly killing guys for armor and looking around.

Not sure what level I am right now, almost 50 I think.  So not very high level
View Quote

Try the giant finger, it's hilariously weird (but a surprisingly effective weapon):

Elden Ring Finger Build Hits Crazy Hard - Elden Ring Ringed Finger Build
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 9:18:27 AM EDT
[#33]
This game is amazing, absolutely loving it.  

I will say that I have been a bit underwhelmed with some of the boss fights, I killed off natural born last night on my first attempt, maybe I'm too high level for it but I'm not sure, it was a breeze of a fight.  Cool/creepy looking boss though.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 9:34:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
This game is amazing, absolutely loving it.  

I will say that I have been a bit underwhelmed with some of the boss fights, I killed off natural born last night on my first attempt, maybe I'm too high level for it but I'm not sure, it was a breeze of a fight.  Cool/creepy looking boss though.
View Quote

Difficulty spikes at the Fire Giant imo, he was a mother fucker and most bosses after him are significantly tougher.
Imo, Elden Ring has some of the toughest bosses in Soulsborne, but the tools you're given to go against them are ridiculous.
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 7:51:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Difficulty spikes at the Fire Giant imo, he was a mother fucker and most bosses after him are significantly tougher.
Imo, Elden Ring has some of the toughest bosses in Soulsborne, but the tools you're given to go against them are ridiculous.
View Quote

Thats good to hear, I’m breezing through now for the most part, I’d rather struggle a bit.

Running around trying to kill every field boss and dungeon boss makes leveling fly by
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 8:26:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Game of the Year! Fuck yeah!

I love this game. Put way more hours into it than anything else in a long time.
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 11:44:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Finished the platinums for DS3 and DS1.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/452515/20220813_212600-2489800.jpg

DS3 is even better than Elden Ring, imo.  Hoping to play the DLC when I finish the next few games.

DS1 was....very frustrating.  I'll never play it again.

On to Bloodborne.
View Quote

agree on ds 3. much easier navigation, same gameplay
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 10:46:40 AM EDT
[#38]
I just went back and beat the grafted scion with all of the starting characters.  Holy hell, the Astrologer was a nightmare.  Once the magic ran out, your left with that dinky short sword that does almost no damage and is slow as fuck.  The bandit was hard too, mainly because you have to stay on the scion to proc bleed, but at least the dagger is quick, so you can get a couple of hits in and still have plenty of time to dodge back out of reach.

Surprisingly enough, the wretch wasn't as hard as I though.  The club with barbaric roar does decent damage, and even gets a poise break every now and then; you just have to avoid getting hit.
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 10:58:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Even though I’m not finished with my first playthrough I’m trying to decide what type of character I want for the next go around.

Right now I’m strength/dex, but thinking messing around with magic could be nice for the next game
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 11:49:58 PM EDT
[#40]
The new pvp is so fucking fun. 3v3 is awesome.
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 7:04:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The new pvp is so fucking fun. 3v3 is awesome.
View Quote

I only played two rounds quickly and had my ass royally kicked

I wish they had a spectator mode for it too
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 4:00:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I only played two rounds quickly and had my ass royally kicked

I wish they had a spectator mode for it too
View Quote

That would be really cool.
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 5:39:54 PM EDT
[#43]
The fire giant fight was pretty cool, did not take as long as I had expected, killed him on the third try.
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 12:51:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 9:30:54 AM EDT
[#45]

My son loves those videos, his favorite is the entering capital one.

Hes been making his way through the game, with occasional help from me.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 3:50:35 AM EDT
[#46]
So bought this game three weeks ago and have about 60 hours on it due to vacation and the wife is recovering from surgery so I'm at home helping a lot.

this game is amazing but at the same time terrible. There's so many instances where I have no idea wtf I'm supposed to do and end up using walkthroughs.

had no idea how to cast a fucking spell with a seal til I was level 80. They don't explain that. They're not clear on quest lines at all and for Ranni's quest line I'll finish one part and I won't be told what to do next I just have it figure it out.

it's fun and reminds me somewhat of Skyrim since I never played any souls game. I love the exploring and don't mind the difficulty just wished it was better explained.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 6:59:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
So bought this game three weeks ago and have about 60 hours on it due to vacation and the wife is recovering from surgery so I'm at home helping a lot.

this game is amazing but at the same time terrible. There's so many instances where I have no idea wtf I'm supposed to do and end up using walkthroughs.

had no idea how to cast a fucking spell with a seal til I was level 80. They don't explain that. They're not clear on quest lines at all and for Ranni's quest line I'll finish one part and I won't be told what to do next I just have it figure it out.

it's fun and reminds me somewhat of Skyrim since I never played any souls game. I love the exploring and don't mind the difficulty just wished it was better explained.
View Quote

Its jarring at first how little the game leads you by the hand, but in a world of ubisoft and ea games that have arrows and quest markers all over the place making it impossible to miss anything its refreshing.  

An argument could be made for falling somewhere in the middle of the two.  I think Morrowwind did it best, no quest markers but they at least told you what the next step was
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 8:33:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Got a PS5 for Christmas.  I suppose I'll have to give this a try.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 6:43:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Finally finished it, did fias ending then reloaded and did rannis just to see the difference.

Ng+ is an absolute breeze.

Now I’ll go through and grab the few things I was missing for Plat

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top