Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 10:16:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Ok, so does counter attack seems a bit OP, or is it just me?  Those banished knights in Stormveil castle that are so hard to beat? 3 counter attacks drops them like a sack of tofu (with the brick hammer), whole fight is over in 5 hits.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 7:42:30 PM EDT
[#2]
i started a new samurai for hoarfrost build. i cant play much for a while.
my quality build isnt cutting it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:36:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i started a new samurai for hoarfrost build. i cant play much for a while.
my quality build isnt cutting it.
View Quote

Two weeks to late for a hoarfrost build. It’s been nerfed this morning along with other stuff. Including mimic tear.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:38:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Patch notes. These are great changes

https://www.bandainamcoent.com/news/elden-ring-patch-notes-v1-03
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 7:20:07 AM EDT
[#5]
well shit. im fucked anyway. i broke my hand and cant play. tomorrow i find out if im getting pins.
unless i dont update. i dont pvp so can unplug the internet.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:30:49 AM EDT
[#6]
I beat it last night.   Started a NG+ to mess around with and pickup a few things I hadn't found on my first play through.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:44:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I beat it last night.   Started a NG+ to mess around with and pickup a few things I hadn't found on my first play through.
View Quote

I was finally able to beat the grafted scion at the beginning of the game.  Guess I should start wandering around and see what other OCD challenge I can stumble into.

Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:00:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Low level invasion:

a few hours later...now with moon hat and pointy shoes!

Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:04:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Try Night Maiden's Mist on a boss or great enemy and then run around it in a circle.  It has worked more times than it should.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 10:39:54 AM EDT
[#10]
working on my hoarfrost a little. have an uchi +5 so far. its a bitch getting the upgrade stones.
for some strange reason my ps5 isnt connected to the internet.

guess i can try to get the bell bearing for +1 and 2 stones. not far enough in for 3 and 4 bearing.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 2:35:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
working on my hoarfrost a little. have an uchi +5 so far. its a bitch getting the upgrade stones.
for some strange reason my ps5 isnt connected to the internet.

guess i can try to get the bell bearing for +1 and 2 stones. not far enough in for 3 and 4 bearing.
View Quote

I got lucky and picked up a +7 spear fairly early.   I preferred my katanas, but it helped for quite a while.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 8:35:51 AM EDT
[#12]
got +9. going to shoot for the next bearing today. only need the other half of the dectus medal to ride the elevator.
just got to wait for wife to go to work.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 10:46:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Not having played any DS the fighting mechanics really take some getting used to.

....and I'm dead.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 11:02:32 AM EDT
[#14]
except some hard bosses this game is a bit easier. jumping and platforming is great. im playing from before the huge nerfs.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 9:06:58 PM EDT
[#15]
How do I get rid of messages?

Some cunt put one atop a leaver!
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 9:46:31 PM EDT
[#16]
you can go offline for a little bit to get past it. i think you can also hit the side arrows to change from read to activate the lever.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:47:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
you can go offline for a little bit to get past it. i think you can also hit the side arrows to change from read to activate the lever.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
No side arrows.  Whoever put it there placed it in the air. And the fucking thing has 4500 "likes", or they may be dislikes..

But I found this.

Have to try it tonight.

https://knowtechie.com/can-you-play-elden-ring-offline/

Fortunately, FromSoftware knows that not everyone wants the online experience in the game. There's an option right in Elden Ring's settings menu that lets you launch your campaign in offline mode.

To turn off online play, head to the pause menu and go to System>Network and then look for Launch Setting. Change it from Play Online to Play Offline. This way you can have a completely single-player experience.

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 11:45:55 AM EDT
[#18]
damn didnt know about that option. im playing completely offline unpatched with hoarfrost.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 6:43:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
damn didnt know about that option. im playing completely offline unpatched with hoarfrost.
View Quote
No idea what that is....

And that lever didn't work...
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 7:40:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
No idea what that is....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No idea what that is....

the lever might open from a different spot above or below.
a week ago there was a patch nerfing the shit out of hoarfrost stomp. my ps5 has been disconnected from the internet for over a week so i didnt get the patch.
im playing the most over powered broken build on a +12 uchi so far.
hard to play a lot with my right hand broken.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 7:06:17 AM EDT
[#21]
You will want to go ahead, suck it up and just do the update. There are fixes to quest lines and shit that if go unchecked can lock you out of certain things.

There are still very powerful builds, even better ones, after the patch.

I am trying to figure out if I want to do a faith power stance build or a twin blade build
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 9:49:11 AM EDT
[#22]
i started with a quality build and ran into a brick wall on comet guy. i restarted as samurai to do hoarfrost then of course it gets nerfed.
have +13 uchi and +12 mace. got the bell bearings for stones 1-4 too. found out the mace works great on those miner fucks and the crystal bitches.

since magic seems the only way to go i will likely respec the quality to magic.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 10:16:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
except some hard bosses this game is a bit easier. jumping and platforming is great. im playing from before the huge nerfs.
View Quote

Been playing a strength build, and this game really punishes melee only playstyle.  I haven't found anything particularly hard (well, except for the grafted scion at the beginning of the game), but a lot of the boss fights are really tedious.  10+ minute fights where you're tanking behind a shield most of the time, waiting for a combo that you can punish, is hardly my idea of fun.  

Vyke's war spear was fun when it triggers madness, but you can't exploit it by backstabbing, so what's the point?  I've basically just resorted to big hammer + lion's claw, for the pancake luz.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:59:43 PM EDT
[#24]
I did things out of order.
Lord of Blood was a pain even though I did have the item that makes you immune to his blood rings.  I learned about his shackle after I beat him. I still haven't gone to pick it up. It was about as much fun as the Father Ariandel and Friede phase of the Sister Friede fight from Dark Souls 3.  
Then I went to the Capitol and whooped two bosses in a row.  Each one took maybe 6 hits.
After that I fell off of a tree branch and lost all of my runes. I fell again while trying to retrieve them.

Still haven't crafted a single item.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 8:50:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Picking this up for the PS5 tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 2:00:36 AM EDT
[#26]
if you are a trophy whore you can get the ps4 version and get ps5 version included for double trophies. not sure if you fet auto platinum like horizon. by loading completed ps4 save into ps5.

i am playing ps4 version on ps5 unpatched from before the big nerfs.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 10:11:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Got about 8 hrs in and realized I didn't choose a keepsake and restarted. Playing an astrologer and have the meteorite staff and rock sling. Killing mobs way above my level for 900-1000 runes a pop to play catch up to where I was yesterday.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 2:30:11 PM EDT
[#28]
i smoked prenerf radahn today. he didnt even hit stage 2. hoarfrost really did kick ass.

50 hours in so far but slow going .
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 9:25:59 AM EDT
[#29]
still working through. hit the volcano manor at level 105. this game is huge.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 7:38:58 PM EDT
[#30]
I have found my new favorite weapon: behold the awesomeness of the envoy long horn:

Deus DOOT: Envoy's Long Horn (Elden Ring)
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 11:50:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Got about 8 hrs in and realized I didn't choose a keepsake and restarted. Playing an astrologer and have the meteorite staff and rock sling. Killing mobs way above my level for 900-1000 runes a pop to play catch up to where I was yesterday.
View Quote
Go to the field just south of the Warmaster's shack. There are 5 giants you can pop off for 1K each. Pretty good grind.

https://mapgenie.io/elden-ring/maps/the-lands-between?locationIds=164059
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 12:45:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Go to the field just south of the Warmaster's shack. There are 5 giants you can pop off for 1K each. Pretty good grind.

View Quote

I go to another area killing some black painted men. 1094 runes each and there's about 20 of them.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 12:56:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I go to another area killing some black painted men. 1094 runes each and there's about 20 of them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Them quick laughing little bastards with the spears in Caelid by Greatbridge?  

Fuck that....
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 12:58:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Them quick laughing little bastards with the spears in Caelid by Greatbridge?  

Fuck that....
View Quote

Why do you say that? They're easy as hell to kill.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 1:00:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Also this little trick still works and is easy to do.

ELDEN RING - How to Get 96500 RUNES at the START with ZERO EFFORT in 5 MINUTES for 20+ Levels!
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 4:40:05 PM EDT
[#36]
just found the downside to not updating. cant complete the nepheli quest for 2 +25 stones without the 1.03 update.
this will bork my build since im using a nerfed build. just got the the mountains at level 130.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 3:32:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Just beat first elden lord. Made it into forbidden land. Level 101. Starting to feel burnt out.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 3:25:35 PM EDT
[#38]
just got to the boss at the end of halig tree. holy shit. that ash of war attack one shots with 46 vigor.
got her under 25% twice out of 5 or 6 tries before turning it off. will try again later.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 5:49:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
just got to the boss at the end of halig tree. holy shit. that ash of war attack one shots with 46 vigor.
got her under 25% twice out of 5 or 6 tries before turning it off. will try again later.
View Quote

It will one shot you no matter what if you get caught in it. Run back, run back, dodge forward, run away to avoid it. It’s a heavily telegraphed move post patch.

She really is not that hard once you learn you must be up in her face and constantly stagger her. She was probably my favorite fight in the game.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 1:15:03 PM EDT
[#40]
well got the platinum on ps4 and moving to ps5. looking for ideas on builds since i think im going to patch it today

was thinking either bleed build for fingerprint shield build. i have no intention of pvp so only care about playing solo offline

ETA this game isnt like horizon was. on horizon trophies carried over to ps5 and the ps5 platinum was instant from loading ps4 save.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 1:05:01 PM EDT
[#41]
anyone on ps4 or 5 willing to help me transfer a bunch of end game gear to my new character? got the gear from my platinum run on ps4 and doing plat run on ps5 now. got a bunch of stuff
godskin peeler, fingerprint set, white mask, prolly some upgrade stones. new character is in the beginning are and the old one is ng+1 at the beginning
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:09:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:53:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:55:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Anyone found a good place for mushrooms. I can only ever find 2-3 that are near a site of grace at a time.
View Quote

That looks to be about it.

"FARMING LOCATIONS
Agheel Lake South Site of Grace in Limgrave: 1 Mushroom right next to site of grace.
Village of the Albinaurics Site of Grace in Liurnia: 3 Mushrooms by the tree east of the grace site, then 1 just north of the grace.
Folly on the Lake Site of Grace in Liurnia: From grace, head directly North for 2 Mushrooms, then head West to round the corner of the rock wall in front of you, and start heading North-West until you see 4 mushrooms under a tilted rock spire. (Dismounting off Torrent while running will give you enough height to jump straight back inside the gazebo where the Site of Grace is.)"
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:29:40 AM EDT
[#45]
View All Quotes

Troll’s Roar - Decreased Stamina Cost. Increased cast speed on follow up input, increased distance traveled.

Between this and the attack speed increase, my Troll Knight sword has gotten more dangerous. The R2 after roaring attack is an instant pancake/poise break most of the time.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:28:57 AM EDT
[#46]
didnt install the new patch yet but my double godskin peeler bleed seems to be working good.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 12:40:56 PM EDT
[#47]
still working on double godskin peeler + 20 and + 17 bleed build.stats around 32/32 dex / arcane. ashes on peelers are bloody slash and blood tax.
both are set to blood scaling.
havent got to mountain yet to get seppuku. using white mask and fingerprint set.

ETA around level 120 now
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 2:23:19 PM EDT
[#48]
111 samurai using a +21 and +20 uchigatana with Seppuku and a +9 pully bow. Just beat Radahn and Naill today. Has been a fun game so far. Starting Nokron and just killed the mimic.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 3:50:11 PM EDT
[#49]
theres another cheat. use bewitching branches on his butt buddies so they attack him.they will do a bit of damage
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 4:36:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
theres another cheat. use bewitching branches on his butt buddies so they attack him.they will do a bit of damage
View Quote

Use the cheat I posted. Use poison or rot arrows. Hit him until poisoned or rotted, then let the dot do all the work, while you just sit there not being attacked.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top