User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 3:04:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By :
That doesnt bother me so much. I did plenty of that in previous games. Winning a match with >15 KDA and getting the same XP as the clown on the losing team with -15 KDA is what bugs me.
View Quote

I think we’re in agreement . A patch just landed… haven’t gotten a chance to review the notes.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 3:07:56 PM EDT
[#2]
hopefully they give some cool armor for doing campaign on legendary. have they given any details on co-op campaign yet?

eta- May 2022 sheesh
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 3:49:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been slogging through the campaign on Legendary.  That first boss fight just about broke me.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 4:32:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm not a huge Halo fan but this is pretty good. Campaign is fun.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 4:47:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Now that it's out, I'm more antsy to check it out. Probably won't have time until next weekend though.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 2:14:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Now that it's out, I'm more antsy to check it out. Probably won't have time until next weekend though.
View Quote
I grew up on Halo CE and Halo 2, and still primarily play their multiplayer on MCC. I love all of the campaigns through Reach. I thought Halo 4 had potential, but that the story was too complicated and poorly told. And Halo 5 flat out sucks. I feared Infinite would suck.  

I REALLY enjoy both the campaign story and the open world. I'm about 80% done with the campaign. I would describe the non-campaign tasks in Halo Infinite as what Destiny would be like if it were actually fun.

What I don't like are things that are easily fixed and I expect will be fixed. I routinely play Halo campaigns with my best friend since we're on opposite ends of the country. We can't do that yet because there are no coop modes. You also can't replay missions. The multiplayer is fun, but the lack of game modes is disappointing. I love to play Action Sack on MCC, along with SWAT and weird stuff on the custom games browser. Right now it is just standard arena game modes. I can't even choose specifically to play slayer or oddball. It should take the developers a day or two of work to put that stuff (minus custom games browser) in the game.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 2:23:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I grew up on Halo CE and Halo 2, and still primarily play their multiplayer on MCC. I love all of the campaigns through Reach. I thought Halo 4 had potential, but that the story was too complicated and poorly told. And Halo 5 flat out sucks. I feared Infinite would suck.  

I REALLY enjoy both the campaign story and the open world. I'm about 80% done with the campaign. I would describe the non-campaign tasks in Halo Infinite as what Destiny would be like if it were actually fun.

What I don't like are things that are easily fixed and I expect will be fixed. I routinely play Halo campaigns with my best friend since we're on opposite ends of the country. We can't do that yet because there are no coop modes. You also can't replay missions. The multiplayer is fun, but the lack of game modes is disappointing. I love to play Action Sack on MCC, along with SWAT and weird stuff on the custom games browser. Right now it is just standard arena game modes. I can't even choose specifically to play slayer or oddball. It should take the developers a day or two of work to put that stuff (minus custom games browser) in the game.
View Quote

are you doing campaign on legendary? My buddy is grinding it out on legendary and says it's pretty brutal. I made it to the 1st fob on normal, and it's too easy. Thinking of switching to heroic

I really wish they would add swat already. If you have a big enough group the swords only and rockets only custom game modes are really fun

Link Posted: 12/14/2021 10:14:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

are you doing campaign on legendary? My buddy is grinding it out on legendary and says it's pretty brutal. I made it to the 1st fob on normal, and it's too easy. Thinking of switching to heroic

I really wish they would add swat already. If you have a big enough group the swords only and rockets only custom game modes are really fun

View Quote

I'm doing campaign on Legendary.  Other than the first boss, which you already beat, I haven't had any real trouble with it.  I had a lot more trouble with H2 and Reach.  I think part of it is knowing which aspects of the Halo sandbox are right for the particular situation.  Since it's open world, you can look around to figure out the best way to enter most of the fights.  So far, I'm loving this game.  All kinds of side quests, easter eggs, and stuff to hunt for.

I think SWAT is getting added today.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 11:07:32 AM EDT
[#9]
I managed to get a few hours with it Sunday afternoon. I'm not sure it feels like Halo, but I'm having fun with it.
Traversing with the grappling line is fun as hell and gives you some real advantages in combat if you're creative.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 12:19:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Been playing a bit. Do pretty well on bots, usually an even KD on big team battle. But played with a friend who is higher level and got shitstomped bad. Guess I suck.

For some reason I get Dominion virtually every time on quick play. Not a horrible game type, but damn. And I never get oddball. It gets old. The variety of gametypes in big team is nice. But it'd be nice to be able to eliminate certain modes from matchmaking when you're tired of them.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 12:25:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Been playing a bit. Do pretty well on bots, usually an even KD on big team battle. But played with a friend who is higher level and got shitstomped bad. Guess I suck.

For some reason I get Dominion virtually every time on quick play. Not a horrible game type, but damn. And I never get oddball. It gets old. The variety of gametypes in big team is nice. But it'd be nice to be able to eliminate certain modes from matchmaking when you're tired of them.
View Quote

I haven't played any MP yet. Sounds like they need a mode filter for quick play like CoD has had since forever.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 10:01:51 AM EDT
[#12]
tactical slayer is great, very humbling
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 10:07:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

MP matchmaking is still shit. Hopefully now that the campaign is out they’ll start trying to fix MP, but I suspect the Reddit take that they won’t do shit until the “partnerships” with chipotle, rockstar, etc expire else they’ll devalue challenge swaps is accurate. We’ll see.

As for the MP difficultly curve, yeah, that’s classic halo. I feel like halo is the kind of game where you’re usually either stomping or being stomped.
Link Posted: 12/20/2021 3:47:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I like it more than Halo 5 as you get go about doing things your own way with the larger maps.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 4:35:32 PM EDT
[#15]
¡FIESTA!

Great mode to try out all the weapons to learn how they work! With the advantage of coming out with an even KD most of the time, especially if I manage to get a sword.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 4:36:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I like it more than Halo 5 as you get go about doing things your own way with the larger maps.
View Quote

I did maybe 10 hours MP on Halo 5. That game is aids. But yes, H6 is definitely much better.
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 1:56:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyone still playing? I finished the battle pass and got kinda burned out on it, especially with big gay battle still broken
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 2:20:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Anyone still playing? I finished the battle pass and got kinda burned out on it, especially with big gay battle still broken
View Quote

Yes, as I get time. Have finally started the campaign, pretty fun so far, and after the first boss fight it reminds me of Halo CE so far.

Also started playing Arena and scored a solid Bronze rating. I like Arena in that it seems a lot more evenly matched. I've made the mistake of playing matchmaking with friends who are much better than me and getting my ass kicked every time.
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 3:40:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Finished the campaign and there's nothing left to do but grab a razorback and give 5 marines rocket launchers and sentinel beams and drive around while they kill everything in sight.

got bored with mp real quick.  looking for another game now.
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 5:53:01 PM EDT
[#20]
I need to get around to finishing the campaign.

MP armor selection sucks and being locked into 3 different sets pisses me off. Halo 4 armor selection was great and kept me playing for a long time grinding out some of those commendations
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 5:58:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I need to get around to finishing the campaign.

MP armor selection sucks and being locked into 3 different sets pisses me off. Halo 4 armor selection was great and kept me playing for a long time grinding out some of those commendations
View Quote

Stupid thing about the armor lockers in the campaign; none of them actually contain armor. Just color schemes and patterns for armor you already have.
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 6:04:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Stupid thing about the armor lockers in the campaign; none of them actually contain armor. Just color schemes and patterns for armor you already have.
View Quote

And no challenge to get them. Literally marked on the map for you lol
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 6:10:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

And no challenge to get them. Literally marked on the map for you lol
View Quote

All but one, I think. (Unless they fixed it.)
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:40:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Season 2 looking to be a major disappointment Glad I had enough points to not have to buy the battlepass

Last spartan standing sucks.

King of the hill is fun, should have been available from the start though.

Guess I'll stick to swat
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 1:07:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Season 2 looking to be a major disappointment Glad I had enough points to not have to buy the battlepass

Last spartan standing sucks.

King of the hill is fun, should have been available from the start though.

Guess I'll stick to swat
View Quote

I didn't pay for some stupid "battle pass" so no issue here. I'll just have to live with my boring armor.

I mostly play arena and fiesta and it's fun.

If they add Blood Gulch or Valhalla I might be inclined to give them money.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:31:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Bumping for my current experiences.......

1. Customization & progression: while progression is relatively fast if you complete challenges, most of the "ultimate rewards" that you get from said challenges are garbage. This week it's a Nokia glued to a specific helmet. The armor skins you get in campaign are cooler than those you unlock in progression. I do not get the point of the armor "cores". All I really want is OG Halo armor.
2. Gameplay: it is solid and fun. Lots of different ways to play. Shame everything else is lacking.
3. Stability: this game does crash, seems like BTB does it consistently. Pretty lame. I know it's not just me, I play with friends and when a match crashes for me, it crashes for them. That is, when it'll let you load into BTB without crashing in the lobby.

Still no mode filter.

I think I'll be switching to MCC for a while until Infinite is cleaned up.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 12:44:39 PM EDT
[#27]
I'll hop on with one of my buddies once in a while for swat, but other than that, I am done with it until they make some major changes.

I agree on the armor cores. Stupid as fuck to not be able to mix and match anything and everything on the same core.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 11:20:32 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm back to playing MCC. No forge, no custom games, no online coop, and boring multiplayer maps, I figured I might as well go back to utilizing my amazingly powerful Xbox Series X to play video games from 2001, 2004 and 2007.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top