Page / 12
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 4:44:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm on if you want to hop over to PC.  @Blackhalo
View Quote

Thanks man.

Got called in to work, I'll hit you up if I see you on when I get home.
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 11:00:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Pretty decent week farming Trav with my hork barb.  Sur and Ohm.  I sold that perfect raven frost for a Lo rune.  I found Ist and Mal running keys the other day.  I will eventually start a lightning sorc.  I need a couple more Ber runes for that.

ETA: Found another Ohm tonight horking.
Link Posted: 12/20/2021 6:55:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Pretty decent week farming Trav with my hork barb.  Sur and Ohm.  I sold that perfect raven frost for a Lo rune.  I found Ist and Mal running keys the other day.  I will eventually start a lightning sorc.  I need a couple more Ber runes for that.

View Quote

That's a solid haul. I ended up with Lo, Sur and a Zod from CS over the weekend.  Fun seeing a Zod drop even though it isn't worth a damn.

What setup are you running on your hork barb?
Link Posted: 12/20/2021 8:40:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Had an Occulus drop in Act 3 Hell from a Unique Soul Killer.  Highest rune so far is Ko.
Link Posted: 12/20/2021 9:47:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That's a solid haul. I ended up with Lo, Sur and a Zod from CS over the weekend.  Fun seeing a Zod drop even though it isn't worth a damn.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Helm - Arreats with P Topaz
Main - Grief
Offhand - broken eth weapon (for the glitch)
Switch - two +3 warcry sticks
Chest - Enigma
Ammy - Maras
Rings - Dual leach and manalds
Gloves - Laying of hands
boots - War travs
belt - String of ears

My inventory is filled with MF small charms, my 20/17 barb torch and gheeds.  I have almost 400MF.  

Link Posted: 12/20/2021 10:18:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Main - Grief
Chest - Enigma
Ammy - Maras
Gloves - Laying of hands
boots - War travs
belt - String of ears

My inventory is filled with MF small charms, my 20/17 barb torch and gheeds.  I have almost 400MF.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/96746/hork-2210338.png

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Main - Grief
Chest - Enigma
Ammy - Maras
Gloves - Laying of hands
boots - War travs
belt - String of ears

Interesting.  I may consider a horker as a secondary character when ladder season comes in.  Smiter and Javazon have both been very boring.
Link Posted: 12/20/2021 5:09:07 PM EDT
[#7]
damn i have total shit compared to you guys. highest rune i have is a LO. beat hell with 3 characters working towards platinum. no enigmas. no infinty. im a LO short of a grief.
i assume it makes a huge difference playing on ps5 instead of pc.

question on your horker. i read about them but the guy said dont bother before level 93.
Link Posted: 12/20/2021 5:20:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
damn i have total shit compared to you guys. highest rune i have is a LO. beat hell with 3 characters working towards platinum. no enigmas. no infinty. im a LO short of a grief.

question on your horker. i read about them but the guy said dont bother before level 93.
View Quote

I have been horking since level 83 or so, but I have had the gear.

ETA: You have to target specific areas to up your chances to find high runes.  I farm trav non-stop.  The best areas are Trav, Chaos Sanctuary, cows and World Stone Keep. I have found with Trav there is a high chance to drop charms/rings/ammys and runes.  I have found Maras, Tal Ammys, War Travs, a bunch of skill charms, 5-7% MF small charms etc.  That stuff is easily converted to runs. The grief phaseblade is honestly needed for a WW horker.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2021 5:22:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I am surprised you admit that on a public forum, lol!
Link Posted: 12/20/2021 5:56:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Interesting.  I may consider a horker as a secondary character when ladder season comes in.  Smiter and Javazon have both been very boring.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Main - Grief
Chest - Enigma
Ammy - Maras
Gloves - Laying of hands
boots - War travs
belt - String of ears

I am not sure I have it in me to play ladder.  The new runewords will be neat but I cannot see starting from scratch again.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2021 6:15:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I am not sure I have it in me to play ladder.  The new runewords will be neat but I cannot see starting from scratch again.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Main - Grief
Chest - Enigma
Ammy - Maras
Gloves - Laying of hands
boots - War travs
belt - String of ears

I don't look forward to starting over, but the new runewords will be cool and an economy reset is much needed, imo.

I hadn't played d2 in many years and was really rusty, I made some ignorant trades and had forgotten where to farm for what.  I'm confident I can have a sorc at 85+ with decent gear after a reset within a week and be able to farm gear for runes while gear is still worth something.
Link Posted: 12/20/2021 6:49:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

ETA: You have to target specific areas to up your chances to find high runes.  I farm trav non-stop.  The best areas are Trav, Chaos Sanctuary, cows and World Stone Keep. I have found with Trav there is a high chance to drop charms/rings/ammys and runes.  I have found Maras, Tal Ammys, War Travs, a bunch of skill charms, 5-7% MF small charms etc.  That stuff is easily converted to runs. The grief phaseblade is honestly needed for a WW horker.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i have a 5 socket phaseblade i picked up in hell cows i think it was and have been farming lower kurast with no luck on runes. been running players 5 on sorceress for kurast. i dont seem to have enough damage to quickly kill stuff past players 5 for the packs near the huts for the chests. for trav do i just farm the council and reset or full clears? i do have a tal ammy on my 85 sorc. a couple ali baba blades. im 1 rune from a heart of the oak and a LO rune from the grief blade. nowhere close to enigma or infinity though.
i thikn when i played this game originally i quit right after LoD and never got to play the end game farming. so hard to remember that long back.

small update. a few council runs and i have an immortal king hammer. not sure if any good but i have for my online characters.
Link Posted: 12/20/2021 11:33:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

i have a 5 socket phaseblade i picked up in hell cows i think it was and have been farming lower kurast with no luck on runes. been running players 5 on sorceress for kurast. i dont seem to have enough damage to quickly kill stuff past players 5 for the packs near the huts for the chests. for trav do i just farm the council and reset or full clears? i do have a tal ammy on my 85 sorc. a couple ali baba blades. im 1 rune from a heart of the oak and a LO rune from the grief blade. nowhere close to enigma or infinity though.
i thikn when i played this game originally i quit right after LoD and never got to play the end game farming. so hard to remember that long back.

small update. a few council runs and i have an immortal king hammer. not sure if any good but i have for my online characters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kill council and reset.  MF doesn't apply to runes so if you are farming runes keep time to kill high and MF as secondary.  As for lower kurast runs you want to reset your map until you get those two bon fire areas (I think that is the best you can do).  then just hit the super chests in the bon fire area.  

I just found another Lo today.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 6:24:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Had an Ist drop today (my highest rune) from Hell Meph.  Diablo dropped an IK Hammer if any of my arfcom brothers need one let me know.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 11:28:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Been one of those dry days for drops, ground 25% of 95>96 and finally get a HR drop.

Link Posted: 12/24/2021 8:08:20 AM EDT
[#16]
i was playing coop with my son last night and got a ribcracker for my druid. druid just made 31 10 minutes ago so can respec fury and use the ribcracker.
highest rune so far is ist. we got a 5 socket superior phase blade from hell cows too.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 6:24:12 PM EDT
[#17]
finally got a vex and finished my heart of the oak
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 7:12:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Congrats!  Merry Christmas to all my D2R Arfcom brothers!
Link Posted: 12/25/2021 11:27:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed, hope everyone has a great/safe day!
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 12:44:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Main - Grief
Chest - Enigma
Ammy - Maras
Gloves - Laying of hands
boots - War travs
belt - String of ears

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Main - Grief
Chest - Enigma
Ammy - Maras
Gloves - Laying of hands
boots - War travs
belt - String of ears

Went ahead and made one, work gave me a week off to quarantine.

Is whirlwind the main attack?  And why the broken eth weapon in the off hand?
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 11:14:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Main - Grief
Chest - Enigma
Ammy - Maras
Gloves - Laying of hands
boots - War travs
belt - String of ears

WW is the main attack, Berserk for one off and physical immunes.  The broken offhand is a glitch/bug.  The game adjusts WW damage based on one hand, two hand, or dual wield. So if you dual wield and your secondary weapon is broken the game will apply the damage of the primary to the secondary slot.  Essentially, its the same as running two griefs.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 2:52:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
WW is the main attack, Berserk for one off and physical immunes.  The broken offhand is a glitch/bug.  The game adjusts WW damage based on one hand, two hand, or dual wield. So if you dual wield and your secondary weapon is broken the game will apply the damage of the primary to the secondary slot.  Essentially, its the same as running two griefs.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Main - Grief
Chest - Enigma
Ammy - Maras
Gloves - Laying of hands
boots - War travs
belt - String of ears

Thanks for the info.  Interesting build so far, I'm lacking the mf you have by quite a bit but horking Trav sure is a nice change of pace from seal popping CS for right now.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 2:58:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Thanks for the info.  Interesting build so far, I'm lacking the mf you have by quite a bit but horking Trav sure is a nice change of pace from seal popping CS for right now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Main - Grief
Chest - Enigma
Ammy - Maras
Gloves - Laying of hands
boots - War travs
belt - String of ears

I am running an inventory full of 5%+ MF charms and a 40% gheeds.  I think my MF is in the 350 range.  Trav is all about runes and MF doesn't impact the drop rate/chance of runes.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 3:11:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I am running an inventory full of 5%+ MF charms and a 40% gheeds.  I think my MF is in the 350 range.  Trav is all about runes and MF doesn't impact the drop rate/chance of runes.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Main - Grief
Chest - Enigma
Ammy - Maras
Gloves - Laying of hands
boots - War travs
belt - String of ears

Yeah that's the main reason I'm not concerned about it, just there for runes and getting the barb some levels.  Other than 47 war travs, a 39 gheeds and a few SCs I don't have any mfing gear on.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 6:10:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Dammit, now you have me thinking about a Barb build!  What build do you recommend to start out?
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 10:43:23 PM EDT
[#26]
offline character in 2 andariel runs. 2 dwarf stars, harlequin crest and a double resist ring in mid 20s. 85 sorc 159 mf on players 3. shes too slow killing to go higher. i tried player 8 and it took over 5 minutes of kiting to kill her.

and an earlier run for raven frost. got my rings for my mightysmiter pally i havent started to use for diablo clone
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 1:10:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yeah that's the main reason I'm not concerned about it, just there for runes and getting the barb some levels.  Other than 47 war travs, a 39 gheeds and a few SCs I don't have any mfing gear on.
View Quote
Last thing, no cold damage anywhere, including rings/charms or holy freeze merc.  It blows up the bodies so no hork.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 5:22:38 AM EDT
[#28]
33% gheed just dropped from a chest in lk
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 3:16:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Last thing, no cold damage anywhere, including rings/charms or holy freeze merc.  It blows up the bodies so no hork.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for all the horker advice.

Managed to to get 2 mals, 2 ists and a vex yesterday.  Mal, ist, pul today so far.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 3:30:43 PM EDT
[#30]
N
Quoted:

Managed to to get 2 mals, 2 ists and a vex yesterday.  Mal, ist, pul today so far.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NICE!

I pulled a 28 Maras yesterday and a Gul the day before.  It's been light but I cannot complain.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 6:37:40 AM EDT
[#31]
ok im buying into your barb build. im already on ww anyway at lv 47. i screwed up and thought i could get away with a 2 hander for ww so no weapons atm. any suggestions on what i can use until i can come up with a LO rune to make a grief? and where is good spot to try getting said LO? i have 86 sorc, 86 hammerdin and a pos 80 lightning trap ass.

wasting time farming andariel for a couple small things. dwarf star for online character and guillames  (however the hell you spell it) face. goblin toe and string of ears too.

ETA i have a 63 druid with upped ribcracker im trying to break into hell with but resists suck butt.
these are all online characters. i have some offline too to work on later for the trophies for level 99.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 10:24:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
ok im buying into your barb build. im already on ww anyway at lv 47. i screwed up and thought i could get away with a 2 hander for ww so no weapons atm. any suggestions on what i can use until i can come up with a LO rune to make a grief? and where is good spot to try getting said LO? i have 86 sorc, 86 hammerdin and a pos 80 lightning trap ass.

wasting time farming andariel for a couple small things. dwarf star for online character and guillames  (however the hell you spell it) face. goblin toe and string of ears too.

ETA i have a 63 druid with upped ribcracker im trying to break into hell with but resists suck butt.
these are all online characters. i have some offline too to work on later for the trophies for level 99.
View Quote

Some people dual Ali Babas for more MF.  I have found almost everything for the build running trav.  If you have a blizz sorc run AT/Trav/Pindle rinse and repeat.

ETA: Blood Letters would work too.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 5:38:18 PM EDT
[#33]
i have 3 ali baba. i think they are all offline. and i think 3 gulls. there is some 2 hand staff that my 86 sorc has 85% mf on for online.

im a trophy whore.
i have 70% of the trophies for this game. of the last 9 4 of them are for beating hell with that last 4 classes.

going to farm andariel i guess.

i have been running trav with the pally since nothing resists magic there with no results in maybe 50 ish runs. maybe more .
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 5:59:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
i have 3 ali baba. i think they are all offline. and i think 3 gulls. there is some 2 hand staff that my 86 sorc has 85% mf on for online.

im a trophy whore.
i have 70% of the trophies for this game. of the last 9 4 of them are for beating hell with that last 4 classes.

going to farm andariel i guess.

i have been running trav with the pally since nothing resists magic there with no results in maybe 50 ish runs. maybe more .
View Quote
I have blood letters and ali babas in online if you want them.  I could also beef your sorcs MF if you want.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 6:29:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I have blood letters and ali babas in online if you want them.  I could also beef your sorcs MF if you want.
View Quote

I could use a Baba for my Barb you made me make with your horking barb posts.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 8:02:32 PM EDT
[#36]
pretty sure i cant get from you. you play pc right? im on ps5.

got a gore rider farming andariel with sons now 73 necro

dont know what i did but i have lost 2 ali baba swords. found the one i have on hc necro but the others are not on any of my other characters i made for holding gear.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 1:05:35 PM EDT
[#37]
I got a 40 life Traps gc earlier, got a Sur out of it.

Been seeing a lot of skillers, 2 poison/bone, 2 summoning, 1 pcomb, and a 39 life curses (lol).
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 4:20:28 PM EDT
[#38]
oh shit just got a duriels shell from andariel. use for ww barb?
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 4:26:12 PM EDT
[#39]
I put it on my Act 2 merc
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 8:33:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I could use a Baba for my Barb you made me make with your horking barb posts.
View Quote
I got you bud hit me up next time you are on.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 8:33:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
oh shit just got a duriels shell from andariel. use for ww barb?
View Quote
Sure until you get Enigma or COH.  Duriels is good for a merc until you get a decent Treachery Rune word for the merc.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 1:51:50 PM EDT
[#42]
andariel is being a stingy cunt. only good drop in 3 days is the laying of hands gloves that i can use on barb and druid.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 2:43:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Laying of Hands is a solid glove for melee chars!
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 9:25:54 PM EDT
[#44]
got another gheeds today playing pally in chaos sanctuary. sucks ass trying to get runes for enigma and the finishing touches for the other classes for finishing all classes in hell for trophies.
sorceress sucks the because of immunities. pally owns the dirty d.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 6:05:00 AM EDT
[#45]
3rd chaos run = draculs from yard trash. finally maybe i can keep druid alive.

whos the dummy now. loaded druid before looking at the gloves they require lv 76. druid is 69

decision time. got a 4 socket ethereal thresher this morning too. should i save it for if i ever get runes for infinity or make it into insight and replace my normal thresher insight.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 8:07:33 PM EDT
[#46]
best day playing. got a cham in the arcane santuary. first real high rune. druid made 76 and smoked duriel after equipping dracul. duriel couldnt get him down past 80% health
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 12:10:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
3rd chaos run = draculs from yard trash. finally maybe i can keep druid alive.

whos the dummy now. loaded druid before looking at the gloves they require lv 76. druid is 69

decision time. got a 4 socket ethereal thresher this morning too. should i save it for if i ever get runes for infinity or make it into insight and replace my normal thresher insight.
View Quote

I would make another Insight to replace your regular one.

You can use a Hel+ town portal scroll in the cube with it to remove socketed runes.  It will destroy the runes but the runes for insight don't matter anyway.

That's exactly what I did when I made my Infinity.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 10:57:05 PM EDT
[#48]
I just found a Ber in trav.

ETA: and a BK ring
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 4:42:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I just found a Ber in trav.

ETA: and a BK ring
View Quote

Nice.  You aiming towards any runewords?
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 1:19:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Idk. I found a Jah today. Here is my current high/mid rune stash:

I kind of want to make a Javazon. So I might make another Enigma and trade for a low griffs
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top