Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 9:52:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If I were you I'd try to get a 3060TI or 3070.  I just wouldn't pay a premium for it or try too hard.  Given the insane prices for green cards, you can probably sell that 2070S and cover the cost of your new 3070.  I certainly wouldn't pay a premium for anything new if I were in your shoes though.
View Quote

Yea I'm definitely not paying another over reasonable retail.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 10:09:35 AM EDT
[#2]
the Nvidia 4000 cards will be coming soon and the next gen games will also. So, at this point, it is probably best to wait for the 4000 cards, if.... IF Nvidia actually puts the anti mining firmware in the gaming cards, you might be able to find one.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 10:15:23 AM EDT
[#3]
My son wanted one for his birthday last week. We drove to Houston, stayed in the hotel next to the Micro Center and waited in line a couple of hours before they opened.

They gave out vouchers for the cards they had that morning, they had 3060s, 3070s and 3080s. One per customer per month.

From my understanding, that is about the only way to get one.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 10:18:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My son wanted one for his birthday last week. We drove to Houston, stayed in the hotel next to the Micro Center and waited in line a couple of hours before they opened.

They gave out vouchers for the cards they had that morning, they had 3060s, 3070s and 3080s. One per customer per month.

From my understanding, that is about the only way to get one.
View Quote

That's one way.  I got mine on Jan 6th from BBY online.  If I wasn't working from home or available around 10am to check the BBY website your way would be the best way.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 10:21:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I've called my local Best Buy once every couple weeks or so.  They won't even talk about GPUs.  All they've said is they get a limited amount and put them on the shelves.  

If any ARFCOMMERs ever want to help a guy out, let me know lol.  No Microcenters in this neck of the woods.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 10:53:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've called my local Best Buy once every couple weeks or so.  They won't even talk about GPUs.  All they've said is they get a limited amount and put them on the shelves.  

If any ARFCOMMERs ever want to help a guy out, let me know lol.  No Microcenters in this neck of the woods.
View Quote

I think all of the BBY drops are online only.  Mine was shipped from the warehouse.  Join Falcodrin Community Discord and there is another one that I am not in anymore.  Bots have a hard time on the BBY drops because they use a queue system.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 5:55:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I think all of the BBY drops are online only.  Mine was shipped from the warehouse.  Join Falcodrin Community Discord and there is another one that I am not in anymore.  Bots have a hard time on the BBY drops because they use a queue system.
View Quote
Do you just keep refreshing? What is the best day and time to start watching?
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 6:05:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get on the discords.  Falcondrin, Stock Drops, Tech Stock Tracking, etc.  I have the bots reporting to the Arfcom discord but they are a bit delayed.  Typically BBY drops at like 9/10 CST.  Looks like the last drop that was reported by the Bot was Apr 2.  I got mine on a Tuesday.  

Basically the BBY system works as a queue.  You click buy and you are dropped in a queue and you have to wait for the add to cart to pop back up and then you can move forward.  I missed it a few times but grabbed one later.  They were dropping once every 2-3 weeks back in January.  Shoot me a PM if you want an invite to the Arfcom Discord and from there you should be able to get to the other discords.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 12:32:07 AM EDT
[#9]
someone here said he signed up for a Best Buy business account (you need a business email - he said he just created a gmail email and they dont care), and added a sold out 3080 to his cart, and he was able to buy it as a "business holdback" item.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 4:32:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
someone here said he signed up for a Best Buy business account (you need a business email - he said he just created a gmail email and they dont care), and added a sold out 3080 to his cart, and he was able to buy it as a "business holdback" item.
View Quote
Tried this today with my wifes business, just kept getting "Could not verify" errors.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 6:49:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Tried this today with my wifes business, just kept getting "Could not verify" errors.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got my 3080 on best buy business- you CANNOT use the online cart, you MUST call them directly with the SKU #.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 6:53:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Is anyone seeing either the 3080's or 3090's available anywhere?  I have a Discord channel that is supposed to notify when they are back in stock, but every time it happens by the time the page pops up, its out of stock again.  Any talk of when it might normalize?  I'd really like to pair my new Reverb G2 with a 3080.
View Quote
everything I am hearing is that next year going to suck as well. at least crypto is down a little, but yeah GPU are almost worse than ammo and neither are coming back anytime soon. hell I'm still using my 1070 and my daughter is on a 1060. they are gonna have to last at least another 2 years probably.

Link Posted: 5/4/2021 2:48:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
everything I am hearing is that next year going to suck as well. at least crypto is down a little, but yeah GPU are almost worse than ammo and neither are coming back anytime soon. hell I'm still using my 1070 and my daughter is on a 1060. they are gonna have to last at least another 2 years probably.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is anyone seeing either the 3080's or 3090's available anywhere?  I have a Discord channel that is supposed to notify when they are back in stock, but every time it happens by the time the page pops up, its out of stock again.  Any talk of when it might normalize?  I'd really like to pair my new Reverb G2 with a 3080.

Get on EVGA's website and put your name on the pre-order list.  For their air cooled cards they're currently finishing up all pre-orders from September.  The card I have my name on is their hybrid 3080 which supposedly EVGA is on December's pre-orders and I signed up at the end of February.  So hopefully I'll get my email for purchase sometime this summer.

over on reddit, r/evga there is a master spreadsheet keeping track of people who signed up on the queue and when they were sent their notify to purchase email.

Or buy a prebuilt machine and sell off all the other shit minus the GPU.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 2:53:06 PM EDT
[#14]
I am on the EVGA waiting list for all air cooled cards starting on 9/23 and have not received notification.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 3:04:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I guess it'll finally be time to replace my aging 1080 (non-Ti).
View Quote

Gtx 970 here and can still play the current games
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 12:34:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I am on the EVGA waiting list for all air cooled cards starting on 9/23 and have not received notification.
View Quote

If there is any truth to the spread sheet I've seen on r/evga you should be getting your email soon.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 12:40:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Where on EVGA's site can you get in this queue?  I signed up for an account and everything but I don't see anything about pre orders or queues.  I have a qualifying GPU for the "Elite" or whatever but I haven't open my case up to get the s/n off it yet.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 12:48:02 PM EDT
[#18]
There's still a shortage of chips used to make them.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 1:14:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Where on EVGA's site can you get in this queue?  I signed up for an account and everything but I don't see anything about pre orders or queues.  I have a qualifying GPU for the "Elite" or whatever but I haven't open my case up to get the s/n off it yet.
View Quote

To check click on the card and click Auto-notify.  https://www.evga.com/products/productlist.aspx?type=0&family=GeForce+30+Series+Family&chipset=RTX+3080

You get put on the list and will get an email when they are available.  You only have like 12 hours to buy the card once the email is sent.  They do not provide updates or ETAs.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 1:15:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
There's still a shortage of chips used to make them.
View Quote

What I heard was they underestimated demand and it takes several cycles to get caught up.  

Pretty good video describing the situation:
I Was RIGHT!!!! (and I hate it) - Semiconductor Shortage Explained

Link Posted: 5/5/2021 1:34:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I got my 3080 notification on 4/19. I got on the list on 9/21.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 5:10:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I got my 3080 notification on 4/19. I got on the list on 9/21.
View Quote

My 3070 notification came on 4/26. Signed up 11/19.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 12:56:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

One old guy in his sixties was probably first in line, and walked out with the only 3080. As he walked by the rest of the line he was cackling the whole timing repeating "I got the only one." I'm pretty sure he wasn't rushing home to play Cyberpunk.

I was most surprised to see the 3090s selling out, and they had a bunch of those. I'm a GPU snob, but no way in hell am I paying $1500 for a couple percentage points of performance. A true sign of the times when one can sell an ultra high end GPU for over MSRP.
View Quote
A lot of "free" money floating around these days. It really doesn't surprise me that people are throwing $1500 at a graphics card and that it's sold out.

I'm holding out for a good performing budget option later on down the road. My 2060 will do fine until then.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 6:10:36 AM EDT
[#24]
June 3rd for the 3080ti and June 10th for the 3070ti. Terrible pricing on the 3080ti at $1200. $300 less than the 3090. It should be $1000. Guess I’ll keep on the waiting list for the 3080.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 10:19:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
June 3rd for the 3080ti and June 10th for the 3070ti. Terrible pricing on the 3080ti at $1200. $300 less than the 3090. It should be $1000. Guess I’ll keep on the waiting list for the 3080.
View Quote

I'm hoping the stars will align and I'll be able to do the EVGA step up program and upgrade the 3080 hybrid I'm in the queue for to a TI version.  But I'm probably a good 4-5 months away from my number being drawn for the 3080 hybrid
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 10:23:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Discord channels are just delayed Twitter posts.

Follow the twitter accounts..
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 10:25:25 AM EDT
[#27]
I'm still confused about how to get in to the queues with EVGA.  I've got an account on their site but I don't see any option like that on any product pages.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 10:54:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm still confused about how to get in to the queues with EVGA.  I've got an account on their site but I don't see any option like that on any product pages.
View Quote

When the new cards launch they make a sign up page for their queues.

If you’re an elite member, you get to sign up a day early.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 11:50:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

If you're an elite member, you get to sign up a day early.
View Quote

i dont think I have the elite, I have to crack open my case and get the serial number of my 2070

Edit:  Got it, all set with Elite.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 12:41:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

i dont think I have the elite, I have to crack open my case and get the serial number of my 2070

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you're an elite member, you get to sign up a day early.

You don't have to be an elite member to get in on the queue, just click the "notify me" and it'll take you through the process.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 1:33:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You don't have to be an elite member to get in on the queue, just click the "notify me" and it'll take you through the process.
View Quote

24 hour early access to the queue with elite.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 1:52:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thats what I was hoping for with the 3080ti
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 2:04:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IIRC the early access for elite members was for the 3090 Kingpin, not any of their other cards.  I wonder if that'll change with the 3080TI/3070TI
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 5:46:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

IIRC the early access for elite members was for the 3090 Kingpin, not any of their other cards.  I wonder if that'll change with the 3080TI/3070TI
View Quote

Supposed to be all products
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 7:39:43 PM EDT
[#35]
From the evga forums it sounds like elite opens the 3rd, and then the rest of everyone can get it the 4th
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 7:54:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Have to be elite to queue for the kingpin period, it is advertised as 24 hour early access to the queue for all of their new hardware.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 9:31:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Have to be elite to queue for the kingpin period, it is advertised as 24 hour early access to the queue for all of their new hardware.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well i stand corrected!
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 8:47:37 PM EDT
[#38]
I’m not sure if I am even going to try for one. The reviews are saying it’s the worse Ti version of a GPU made.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 9:56:48 PM EDT
[#39]
I will be joining the queue in the morning, a hydro copper would be awesome to add to my loop.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 11:07:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I’m not sure if I am even going to try for one. The reviews are saying it’s the worse Ti version of a GPU made.
View Quote

Still better than my 3080, which I will be able to sell for more than the ti if I can get my hands on it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 7:18:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Price vs performance this is correct, only 10% faster than the 3080 for 70% more money, but as said above if you have an older card to sell now is the time.
I can currently sell my 2080Ti for double what I paid for it 2 years ago, hell, I can almost make my money back on my 1080 from 5 years ago. Might be time to sell my tri SLI 780's lol.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 8:26:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Well, I got in evga’s queue for a 3080ti FTW at 0800 after hitting F5 for two hours. Hopefully the waits only a couple months.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 8:31:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Well, I got in evga’s queue for a 3080ti FTW at 0800 after hitting F5 for two hours. Hopefully the waits only a couple months.
View Quote

Got me by 20 minutes, I know that they are up to about 7:30 on sending notifies on some SKU's.
I signed up for all four that were available when I was finally able to log in, just in case.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 1:01:35 AM EDT
[#44]
My buddy at work said he’d buy my rtx3080 for $1400 so if I get one the upgrade paid for itself.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 10:46:29 AM EDT
[#45]
All the reviewers are saying that the 3080 ti is a crapfest and not worth the scratch.   Like 6% better than a 3080, which is several hundred less.  Not worth the price point.
They should just stick with the 3060/3070/3080/3090 lineup and not waste bandwidth on more product variants while they already cannot meet demand  
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 7:12:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
All the reviewers are saying that the 3080 ti is a crapfest and not worth the scratch.   Like 6% better than a 3080, which is several hundred less.  Not worth the price point.
They should just stick with the 3060/3070/3080/3090 lineup and not waste bandwidth on more product variants while they already cannot meet demand  
View Quote
same thought here
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:07:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Everyone except LTT is tearing it apart.  

Looking at it as a 3090-lite like LTT does, it's not bad, but as an 80Ti part it's a bad joke.

Also, imagine thinking $1200 MSRP for an 80Ti part is normal and not something Nvidia pulled out of it's ass with Turing.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:59:58 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

The 3080ti is basically a 3090 that didn’t met the requirements to be sold as a 3090. So they binned it as a 3080ti. Happens a lot with GPUs and other things.

Either way, yes it’s way overpriced for what it is and a waste of money.  3070 and 3080 are still the better GPUs.

Link Posted: 6/6/2021 11:02:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The 3080ti is basically a 3090 that didn’t met the requirements to be sold as a 3090. So they binned it as a 3080ti. Happens a lot with GPUs and other things.

Either way, yes it’s way overpriced for what it is and a waste of money.  3070 and 3080 are still the better GPUs.

View Quote

It's priced the same as a 2080ti was, so no generational increase for what is the top of the line flagship card, ignoring titan/3090.

Really I don't think it's that badly priced at $1200 msrp especially when you consider newegg is selling some 3070s and 6700xt's for $1100 IF you win their lottery. The closest comparable card, the 6900xt has an msrp of $1000 but you can't actually buy one for less than $2k.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 11:23:11 AM EDT
[#50]
Snagged a 3060 from best buy business for my son. So far I'm 2 for 2 on that method...seems to be the best way to go.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top