Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 4:48:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Now I'm playing amnesia rebirth. It is really good and pretty creepy.
View Quote

Playing Amnesia The Dark Descent.  I like it, but there is no way i would refrain from not making clubs, cudgels, torches, etc...   I'd beat that flesh eating ghoul like an eesmith at a protest.

You even find a workshop filled with saws, hammers, shovel etc.   I'd be making weapons for the next half of the game.  The game isn't so much scary as it is frustrating.  I see a broom, but i can't snap it off at the brush to make a short spear...
Can't pick up and save bottles to make molotovs with either or even as distraction devices.  

Link Posted: 11/8/2020 5:39:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Which version? The messed up Working Designs version, or the fixed version?
View Quote

Messed up? How so? As far as I know, there is only one Complete.
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 8:43:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Just started Divinity - Original Sin 2.

So far I’m liking it. Few things I would change, like having shit you can loot glow or something.
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 11:32:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Which version? The messed up Working Designs version, or the fixed version?
View Quote

Can you explain for the unenlightened?
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 12:49:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Can you explain for the unenlightened?
View Quote

Complete by its publisher and localizor, Working Designs. The US release of the game heavily tampers with the enemy stats, decreases the amount of money and experience earned in battles and on the overworld, and makes several other frustrating changes to gameplay. This patch aims to restore the gameplay to match the original Japanese version.

Un-Working Designs restores the game to its original intent. Working Designs screwed up a lot of Japanese ports over the years without telling the creators.

"Working Designs took their role as localizers seriously and made many, many tweaks to the gameplay, almost all of which aimed at making the game more difficult than its original Japanese release. Enemies do a whopping 45 percent more damage, and provide 14 percent less experience and 10 percent less silver when defeated. These changes turn the game into a grindfest, requiring players to tiptoe into dungeons, push through until they’ve burned through their resources and retreat to town to restock. It adds a significant amount of artificial playtime to the game, and feels at odds with the emotions the storytellers and visual artists were trying to convey."

"These pop culture references and puns are regrettable, but what really sinks the ship is the constant hammering of humor that can best be described as juvenile. (This in itself is ironic. Ireland admitted the humor was added by the localization team (Working Designs) because he finds Japanese humor to be too direct and “infantile.”) "

Horrible added, changed dialogue, etc. If you want more of a challenge, the Working Designs version is the way to go. If you want what Studio Alex, the creators wanted, play the Un-Working.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 8:27:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Complete by its publisher and localizor, Working Designs. The US release of the game heavily tampers with the enemy stats, decreases the amount of money and experience earned in battles and on the overworld, and makes several other frustrating changes to gameplay. This patch aims to restore the gameplay to match the original Japanese version.

Un-Working Designs restores the game to its original intent. Working Designs screwed up a lot of Japanese ports over the years without telling the creators.

"Working Designs took their role as localizers seriously and made many, many tweaks to the gameplay, almost all of which aimed at making the game more difficult than its original Japanese release. Enemies do a whopping 45 percent more damage, and provide 14 percent less experience and 10 percent less silver when defeated. These changes turn the game into a grindfest, requiring players to tiptoe into dungeons, push through until they’ve burned through their resources and retreat to town to restock. It adds a significant amount of artificial playtime to the game, and feels at odds with the emotions the storytellers and visual artists were trying to convey."

"These pop culture references and puns are regrettable, but what really sinks the ship is the constant hammering of humor that can best be described as juvenile. (This in itself is ironic. Ireland admitted the humor was added by the localization team (Working Designs) because he finds Japanese humor to be too direct and “infantile.”) "

Horrible added, changed dialogue, etc. If you want more of a challenge, the Working Designs version is the way to go. If you want what Studio Alex, the creators wanted, play the Un-Working.
View Quote

And? I still don't see why you're calling it "messed up" with a few minor changes. The last time I beat the game, my save was 33 hours and change. That's pretty short for a RPG.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 9:56:23 AM EDT
[#7]
While waiting on the new COD to come out, I am playing Battlefield 4 again. Been a long time since playing it, I forgot most of it until I get to certain scenes. Battlefield 1 is on my radar but not sure if I want to invest in one that old.

4 is in the PlayStation store for $6 right now.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 12:54:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

And? I still don't see why you're calling it "messed up" with a few minor changes. The last time I beat the game, my save was 33 hours and change. That's pretty short for a RPG.
View Quote

Whatever makes you happy then. If you are fine with the way it is, play that.

The game was never made to be all that long. Multiple former Team Alex employee interviews bear that statement.

I liken it to watching Macbeth and suddenly having a mumble rap song throw in every 10 minutes. Hyperbole, but gets the idea across.

Discussion aside, ever get that taken care of with your benefits? Remember you vaguely having an issue (on their side) and talking about that on discord. Destiny 2 was forever ago, geez.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 1:19:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Discussion aside, ever get that taken care of with your benefits? Remember you vaguely having an issue (on their side) and talking about that on discord. Destiny 2 was forever ago, geez.
View Quote

All squared away. Thanks for asking!
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 1:31:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I just got Skyrim on my Xbox One.  I'm years behind on games, and totally fine with that.  Means I can get them for much cheaper.  I just got thru Fallout4, so Skyrim was a natural progression.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 2:43:28 AM EDT
[#11]
I just started playing The Outer Worlds since it finally released on Steam. I like it so far. It's not Fallout good, but it's something different and cool.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 2:47:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I just got Skyrim on my Xbox One.  I'm years behind on games, and totally fine with that.  Means I can get them for much cheaper.  I just got thru Fallout4, so Skyrim was a natural progression.
View Quote
Skyrim came out several years before Fallout 4 so that isn't really natural progression.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 2:47:52 AM EDT
[#13]
An old Apple II game. Taipan.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 4:38:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 10:50:14 AM EDT
[#15]
I've fallen hard back into Fallout 76 lately, and I spend some time RPing with friends on FiveM as well.  As soon as they decide to fufill my preorder for a Reverb G2, I'll dust off my TM Warthog and get back into DCS as well.  Still trying to score a 3080 either now or when the 20gb Ti version comes out.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 6:55:07 PM EDT
[#16]
When the wife and I have time to play together it's FFXIV. When I'm on my own it's Snowrunner, was trying to get everything finished up before the new DLC releases, but not gonna happen.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 10:10:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Black ops Cold War.  Loving it.  This should have been Black Ops 2 instead of that gay future stuff.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 5:46:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Started up Nier over the weekend.  I'm about 10 hours in and other than the soundtrack, I'm not very impressed considering Nier:Automata is in my top 5 all time.

Hopefully it gets better.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 8:12:56 AM EDT
[#19]
CoD: Black Ops - Cold War

Link Posted: 11/16/2020 8:38:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm at work and I'm playing the "pretending to work" game while surfing the web.
View Quote

FPNI!

I just started Days Gone over the weekend.
Not a War game, but has a lot of weapons.
It seems ok so far.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 10:40:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Started up Nier over the weekend.  I'm about 10 hours in and other than the soundtrack, I'm not very impressed considering Nier:Automata is in my top 5 all time.

View Quote

Should have waited for the remaster that’s coming next spring. The original Nier was pretty clunky and gameplay was just ok. Soundtrack and story is what it a classic. The remaster looks like they will be fixing these issues.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 12:17:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Should have waited for the remaster that’s coming next spring. The original Nier was pretty clunky and gameplay was just ok. Soundtrack and story is what it a classic. The remaster looks like they will be fixing these issues.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm looking forward to the remaster.  I was really wanting to get through the original before I play it.  The gameplay isn't too bad, imo, it's the damned fetch quests.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 9:19:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
CoD: Black Ops - Cold War

View Quote

I'm on the fence about that one.  I enjoyed the beta, but only 8 multiplayer maps?   I'll wait a month until they add some more content and knock 20 bucks off the price.

I'm trudging through Jedi Fallen Order right now.    The game has soooo much potential, but the useless map, and sometimes cryptic directions mean I have to watch a YouTube walkthrough while I'm playing the game to progress.  
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 3:59:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Dragon Quest VIII
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 10:47:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Valhalla
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 12:05:33 AM EDT
[#26]
I can’t believe no one has early access to Cyberpunk. Hurry up 12/9!
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 1:21:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I can't believe no one has early access to Cyberpunk. Hurry up 12/9!
View Quote
I thought it got delayed again?
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 1:57:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I thought it got delayed again?
View Quote

Shut your whore mouth!!

Seriously I hope not
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 10:54:49 AM EDT
[#29]
A friend got me back into payday 2.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 1:31:04 PM EDT
[#30]
A lot of Warzone on PC lately. Haven't done Cold War yet.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 4:25:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Invasions in demons souls has been pretty slow since Monday. I bought ghost of Tsushima and played a little of it. At 4K 60fps and HDR, the game is very pretty.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 5:18:37 PM EDT
[#32]
I've been slowly working through Skyrim.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 6:13:44 PM EDT
[#33]
finished the platinum  on demons souls ps5 yesterday.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 6:56:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Decided to give Sekiro a try while I wait for Cyberpunk.

Not using a controller is turning out to be a bitch but so for it’s pretty good
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:55:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
A lot of Warzone on PC lately. Haven't done Cold War yet.
View Quote
I just bought it tonight.  I had fun with the beta.  I couldn't stand Modern Warfare.  Bringing back classic maps was a great idea, but they butchered some of them. I think I'm done with IW COD's.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 10:21:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Guess I spoke too soon on invasions. I spent the last 4 hours invading people and wrecking their game lol. Only lost a hand full of fights out over around 150 invasions. Looks like SL34 is a nice spot so I’ll probably keep that character there for a while.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 12:09:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Civ 6 the last couple days. Easy to have it in the background and do a turn now and then
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 10:19:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
Same. Usually buy games on Steam for $5-$15. Recently picked up Warhammer Total War 1 & 2 and am playing through 1 currently.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 8:16:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Playing through Ghost Recon Wildlands (again). Mixing in Some Rome Total War.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 9:10:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Mostly various multiplayers with friends, but if I’m alone I’m working through Mafia : Definitive Edition.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 4:57:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Yesterday I was thinking that I need a new game. Opened Steam and realized I don't really need a new game.
I started Borderlands GOTY Enhanced and I was enjoying it enough that I decided that maybe I should buy
BL 2. Wait its already in my library? I did buy the Handsome Bundle for it though. By the time I get through
with these two BL 3 should be down to $5 or so.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 11:34:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Just started Divinity - Original Sin 2.

So far I’m liking it. Few things I would change, like having shit you can loot glow or something.
View Quote

IIRC you can press and hold ALT to make lootables glow.

I loved that game, even more once I made a Blood Mage.

Currently I am playing AC Valhalla.  SKOL!
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 2:25:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 3:16:01 PM EDT
[#44]
World of Warships is my current game that I play regularly. Also some world of tanks, battlefield, and the current build of star citizen.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 11:40:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Star Wars:Squadrons.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 11:54:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

How do you like that? I was looking at buying it and it's on sale right now
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:04:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's fun, but you need a good joystick to get the most out of it

Something like a Logitech Extreme pro is "good enough" but prices are bat shit insane right now. It's supposed to be a $40 joystick.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:59:01 AM EDT
[#48]
The Bo Jackson and Lawrence Taylor Show  for NES... er... I mean Tecmo Super Bowl.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 4:42:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Just downloaded divinity original sin 2 for the switch since it was on Black Friday sale.

I typically only play first party nintendo games on the switch, but this port has been getting really good reviews so I figured I would give it a shot. Looking to start it today after work.

Since I will be playing on the switch I figured I would name and model my characters after nintendo characters...I'm thinking maybe some peeps from majoras mask.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 2:12:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Civ 6 the last couple days. Easy to have it in the background and do a turn now and then
View Quote

Civ 6 here too
I just got it off Steam Fall sale. I have Civ 3 and Civ 5. I have beaten Civ5 several different ways on Prince and the next level up too I think(?) Lol so I figured I move on to Civ6.

I am trying to learn the minute details that helps. So many different facets to learn. I've played 3 games so far. 1st was real short,  didn't know really how to play just getting the feel. 2nd did better, still learning. Now I am applying some of what I learned and getting better. I upped the difficulty to Prince but playing a small game, player and world-wise. I am still pretty lost. Last few games ended in the modern period and I was still using swords and muskets

Civ5 I was playing huge games and dominating. I feel so weak...lolol

I already caught the AI cheating me too. rapid spawning barbarians when I was getting the upper hand using tactics rather than strength early in. Fuckers. Did it again later same game with neighboring group, but I paid to take over control of a city state's military when I had influence over them and proceeded to stomp soldiers and take control of cities. Fixed that wagon, quick.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top