Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 1:58:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Installed a Korean firmware update last week and some new nvidia drivers were released....problems been solved.

4k120 10-bit rgb gsync oled  is epic!
View Quote

Hell yeah!
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 4:26:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not super far into it yet (went to sleep after the first real mission), but I think it's pretty awesome so far. Only bug I have had so far is with my companion walking through a set of lockers, knocking off their doors, and sending debris everywhere. I had an issue with dialogue echo too and had to disable enchantments in my Windows 10 sound settings.

Playing on a Ryzen 3700X w 32GB of 3600 DDR4, GTX 1080, and a 2TB M.2 drive (stuff loads quickly) @ 1440p and it's reasonably smooth with mostly high graphics settings.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 5:50:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Now the volume control on my headphones is making me look in the sky or at my feet
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 6:50:57 PM EDT
[#4]
The end of act 1 and the hour or so before it was really well done.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 10:48:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Now the volume control on my headphones is making me look in the sky or at my feet
View Quote
I have the same issue with the volume dial on my keyboard.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 10:59:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have the same issue with the volume dial on my keyboard.
View Quote
Ditto! Some keybind choices are also driving me nuts. Double tapping alt to holster cycles the weapons once if you get it on the first try but the time is tight so I usually have to try it a few times. Also reloading... the reload key is also the equip function so I smoke a guy and end up shooting the next guy with the last guys shit instead of reloading my upgraded weapons.

Big fan otherwise. Runs great at 1440p on my 8 year old box with a 1080 in it. The game really comes alive after the prologue finishes. The dead AI were worsened by so many bots in Watson just sitting against the buildings and the lifeless feel of Watson itself. Watson feeling lifeless would be a fun design direction if it wasnt so choked by everything else being pretty shallow.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 11:15:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ditto! Some keybind choices are also driving me nuts. Double tapping alt to holster cycles the weapons once if you get it on the first try but the time is tight so I usually have to try it a few times. Also reloading... the reload key is also the equip function so I smoke a guy and end up shooting the next guy with the last guys shit instead of reloading my upgraded weapons.
View Quote

And trying to crouch or stand up and skipping dialogue instead

I deleted it. I'll try again when I'm home and they've had a chance to clean up some bugs.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 5:29:43 AM EDT
[#8]
For AMD CPU users, there is a fix that will net you over 20% performance.

https://www.tomshardware.com/amp/news/cyberpunk-2077-amd-ryzen-performance-bug-fix-testing

Pretty shitty of CDPR to do that do AMD CPUs....

So far as the most annoying bug I have found in the game has been trying to pick items up. No matter where I place myself, some items are not able to be picked up.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 4:57:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Big fan otherwise. Runs great at 1440p on my 8 year old box with a 1080 in it. The game really comes alive after the prologue finishes. The dead AI were worsened by so many bots in Watson just sitting against the buildings and the lifeless feel of Watson itself. Watson feeling lifeless would be a fun design direction if it wasnt so choked by everything else being pretty shallow.
View Quote

i have reload bound to a thumb button on my mouse - and have been doing that for years in FPS titles. usually crouch goes on a button there too, or melee - depending on the game.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 6:53:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

https://www.tomshardware.com/amp/news/cyberpunk-2077-amd-ryzen-performance-bug-fix-testing

So far as the most annoying bug I have found in the game has been trying to pick items up. No matter where I place myself, some items are not able to be picked up.
View Quote
Did nothing for me or others on the steam forms.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 9:13:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If that fix is worth a shit I figure it'll be in the next patch they drop. Which I also assume is right around the corner.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 9:38:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 10:57:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

So funny story, they actually used the code provided by AMD themselves. AMD's guidance for devs is pretty much trash and they shot themselves in the foot with it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/kcv2nx/actually_cyberpunk_2077s_bad_cpu_utilization_on/
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 1:25:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks like there is another issue with the RAM and VRAM usage on PC. The game is only using/reserving what the consoles versions use and it hindering PC performance. There are ways around it, but I don’t feel like editing files. CDPR are aware of the issue and trying to fix it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 2:45:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Looks like there is another issue with the RAM and VRAM usage on PC. The game is only using/reserving what the consoles versions use and it hindering PC performance. There are ways around it, but I don’t feel like editing files. CDPR are aware of the issue and trying to fix it.
View Quote

Depends on your system config I guess. The first fix for AMD processors fixed my low CPU usage but after doing the memory allocation fix it made no difference. The game has always used full VRAM and a decent amount of RAM for me but it seems like for whatever reason it benefits old hardware the most. There was an investor update recording from CDPR floating around. At one point they're asked about how they tested the game, basically they had their employees do it from home due to covid restrictions. So... pretty much no testing since that won't cover a wide range of hardware and obviously not enough consoles. Explains a lot.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 1:17:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

There's a nexusmod fix that lets you rebind a lot more keys than vanilla.

Quoted:

There's a nexusmod fix for that too.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 2:08:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

There's a nexusmod fix that lets you rebind a lot more keys than vanilla.

There's a nexusmod fix for that too.
View Quote

The nexusmod doesn't fix the issue for everyone.

I tried the nexusmod fix, and I also tried manually fixing it, doesn't do shit.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 2:46:59 PM EDT
[#18]
This is more like Grand Theft Fallout than Witcher in Cyberspace.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 2:49:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/100464/Iamdisappoint_jpg-1735628.JPG
View Quote

Not seeing that connection at all. The missions are pure CDPR.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 3:44:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How so?  Show me one mission that has presented you with a moral dilemma similar to the botchlling quest in Witcher?  
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 3:52:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

How so?  Show me one mission that has presented you with a moral dilemma similar to the botchlling quest in Witcher?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Off the top of my head, do you wipe delamain, merge them, or free them? That's a pretty big one, and classic CDPR. There's quite a few others, but that's the first one I think of.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:12:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Off the top of my head, do you wipe delamain, merge them, or free them? That's a pretty big one, and classic CDPR. There's quite a few others, but that's the first one I think of.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously?  That's what you consider a moral dilemma?

Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:15:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

https://i.postimg.cc/5N7SbWmd/raiden-sorry.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh...to destroy, merge, or free sentient AIs? Yeah...not sure why you would not consider that a moral dilemma. It's sort of a classic one of the sci-fi/cyberpunk genre

ETA- FWIW you're also using the absolute best quest in the entirety of Witcher 3 to compare to CP. There's plenty of moral dilemmas in both.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 10:16:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Well as of today, you can no longer buy cyberpunk from PSN. Sony has removed it due to how poorly it performs and offering full refunds for those that want a refund. What a mess
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 10:53:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Well as of today, you can no longer buy cyberpunk from PSN. Sony has removed it due to how poorly it performs and offering full refunds for those that want a refund. What a mess
View Quote

I guess Xbox is better then?
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 11:43:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

How do you feel about crucifixion?

Honestly I see where you're coming from, there's some choices but not what people were expecting. I just finished it and overall I was pretty happy with the story, characters, writing, etc. Some of the side quests really stuck out... that said I purposefully didn't follow the game much and wasn't expecting a witcher 3 or GTA sort of game to begin with (probably be disappointed if I was).
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 4:05:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Sony's removing Cyberpunk from the PS store
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 8:26:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I guess Xbox is better then?
View Quote

I figured people would jump to a similar conclusion and Sony would get a lot of hate. But from what I’m seeing people are strongly supporting that Sony are doing this and putting the player first. It’s likely to piss off CDPR as they have backpedaled on their refund statement and have told Microsoft and Sony to stop refunding. We will see if Microsoft does the same or sticks to what CDPR have told them.

Not to start a pissing match between consoles and PC, but there are some games that have no business being on consoles. Especially the last gen consoles.  Both PS4 and XB1 can’t handle the game.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 9:28:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I figured people would jump to a similar conclusion and Sony would get a lot of hate. But from what I’m seeing people are strongly supporting that Sony are doing this and putting the player first. It’s likely to piss off CDPR as they have backpedaled on their refund statement and have told Microsoft and Sony to stop refunding. We will see if Microsoft does the same or sticks to what CDPR have told them.

Not to start a pissing match between consoles and PC, but there are some games that have no business being on consoles. Especially the last gen consoles.  Both PS4 and XB1 can’t handle the game.
View Quote

My only issue with the old systems not being to handle it is that this game was supposed to release way before the new consoles we due out.

CDPR shit the bed and out right lied about this game and where, how, and when it would be released.

They knew it was so fucked that they released a "patch" day one to kinda fix it.

If they had allowed last Gen console reviews before release I wouldn't ha e purchased the game.

They lost a lot of, if not all, credibility with me on this one.

In fact, its convinced me to never buy a new game again. I will wait a year or so and get their Game of the Year edition with all the DLC and fixes included.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 10:44:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Honestly I see where you're coming from, there's some choices but not what people were expecting. I just finished it and overall I was pretty happy with the story, characters, writing, etc. Some of the side quests really stuck out... that said I purposefully didn't follow the game much and wasn't expecting a witcher 3 or GTA sort of game to begin with (probably be disappointed if I was).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.  Don't get me wrong, the game is a lot of fun; easily the best RPG out right now, and I have no doubt that there will be lots of fleshing out going on in the next year or so, not to mention DLCs.  There's just a subtlety and nuance missing from this game that was very evident (oxymoron, I know) in Witcher.  However, this game should be a huge commercial success; it's much more appealing than Witcher, and playing V as a protagonist feels much less restrictive than playing Geralt.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 10:51:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Uh...to destroy, merge, or free sentient AIs? Yeah...not sure why you would not consider that a moral dilemma. It's sort of a classic one of the sci-fi/cyberpunk genre

ETA- FWIW you're also using the absolute best quest in the entirety of Witcher 3 to compare to CP. There's plenty of moral dilemmas in both.
View Quote

Actually, I picked it because it was one of the early quests that you run into, just like the Delamain quest.  They're clearly very different games, and I'm having a lot of fun playing Cyberpunk 2077; it's just not as emotionally heavy as Witcher 3 was (not necessarily a bad thing).
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 2:34:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Will this game run worth a shit on a ps5?
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 2:43:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

It runs fine on my Xbox 1x and the PS5 is like 20 times the power, so I'd guess it'll be pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 4:39:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have friends running it on the xbsx and ps5 with no complaints. BUT they haven't pushed the next gen upgrade or whatever yet which I want to say was scheduled for January. The game doesn't look bad on the new consoles but it's my understanding that it doesn't look it's best either.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:53:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I would hold off until you can get a PS5 and the actual PS5 version of the game when it releases. PS4/XB1 versions are pretty bad right now.  Game is too much for older hardware.
View Quote

I have a ps4 pro and it's working ok.  crashes every once in a while though.  still playable.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 12:14:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Almost bought it for the one X but lucked into getting a ps5 so I’m holding off until It arrives
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 12:46:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Also reloading... the reload key is also the equip function so I smoke a guy and end up shooting the next guy with the last guys shit instead of reloading my upgraded weapons.
View Quote

Remove the keybind for equip. I have never had the need to put something on from the ground. Do it in inventory after the fight.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 9:49:21 AM EDT
[#38]
It’s one thing after another with this shit show

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kg47yz/psa_your_save_file_is_capped_at_8mb_on_all/ggcvd8c/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Game saves are capped at 8MB. If it goes over....RIP
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 9:54:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

the whole game play reminds me of GTA.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:00:23 PM EDT
[#40]
WTF, did the corp wars destroy all the tech to make flashlights?

All that fancy tech and my eyes can't see in the dark?
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 5:14:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

My only issue with the old systems not being to handle it is that this game was supposed to release way before the new consoles we due out.

CDPR shit the bed and out right lied about this game and where, how, and when it would be released.

They knew it was so fucked that they released a "patch" day one to kinda fix it.

If they had allowed last Gen console reviews before release I wouldn't ha e purchased the game.

In fact, its convinced me to never buy a new game again. I will wait a year or so and get their Game of the Year edition with all the DLC and fixes included.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. The game has been in development since 2012 (before the PS4 was released) and was originally supposed to be released nearly a year before the PS5. For it to perform as shitty as it does on PS4 is inexcusable. For those saying it has no business being on consoles, that’s fair, but the fact is they made it and are selling it on consoles. If they marketed it as a PC game with some shitty console ports, that’s one thing. But every advertisement I’ve seen for it has been for PS or XB. It also doesn’t help that CDPR said in January that the console versions were “basically done and playable”. Then, when the Spring release pushed back indefinitely, CDPR said the game would be released “when it is finished”. But it’s not finished.

I nearly preordered 6-7 months ago. I’d be pissed if I had.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:36:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The game has been in development since 2012
View Quote

This is a misconception.  CDPR didn’t start the actual hands on development until they finished the Witcher 3 DLC back in 2016.  The CGI trailer they released in 2012 was just to announce their next game they had panned to do after Witcher 3.  They even said don’t plan to hear about cyberpunk until they finished Witcher 3 and we didn’t.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 1:52:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 12:43:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.

Ubisoft missions are literally pizza boy shit - talk to guy, go to place, get thing, bring back.

CDPR has a ton of depth and story to the missions. They have you interacting generally with the same characters over and over so you build rapport (rather than some guy whose inclusion is simply to facilitate a one-off side quest), and in very well crafted environments and scenarios.

Not sure why people are shitting all over this game...it has the hacking and complexity of Deus Ex, the story making quality of Witcher, and the gunplay / stealth of a Farcry game. Fucking incredible.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 12:47:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, there are cars and a city. That's about it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 12:50:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

This.

Ubisoft missions are literally pizza boy shit - talk to guy, go to place, get thing, bring back.

CDPR has a ton of depth and story to the missions. They have you interacting generally with the same characters over and over so you build rapport (rather than some guy whose inclusion is simply to facilitate a one-off side quest), and in very well crafted environments and scenarios.

Not sure why people are shitting all over this game...it has the hacking and complexity of Deus Ex, the story making quality of Witcher, and the gunplay / stealth of a Farcry game. Fucking incredible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Sentient cars that you have to corral then decide what to do with, take part in a brain dance and literally crucify someone, talk a vet out of his meds that keep from from breaking down due to PTSD...er...I mean Cybersychosis and listen to him kill himself as you leave...or don't do any of those things.

Anyway, yeah these are not simple errands. Even the 5 min long gigs allow you to hack your way through a problem or go in blades swinging or guns blazing.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 12:54:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

This.

View Quote
It was amazing. Working on my second playthrough. The one thing I never found was legendary eye cyber.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 6:42:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because they wanted GTA 6 with cyborgs. I agree with your points, I had a blast with it. It is seriously rough around the edges though and they definitely flat out failed to deliver on a few promised things but at this point I'm convinced half the people bitching about it haven't played it to begin with, which is fine, but quit your bullshit.

That's basically how I describe the game if somebody asks me if I recommend they buy it. "Are you looking for a Deus Ex game with higher production values? Yes? Then go ahead. Are you looking for cyber miami gta 6? Then no, don't buy it".
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 2:11:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

This is a misconception.  CDPR didn’t start the actual hands on development until they finished the Witcher 3 DLC back in 2016.  The CGI trailer they released in 2012 was just to announce their next game they had panned to do after Witcher 3.  They even said don’t plan to hear about cyberpunk until they finished Witcher 3 and we didn’t.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Granted pre-production didn’t begin until Witcher 3 was finished (2016) but to say that development began in 2012 is a “misconception” is
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 5:06:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Granted pre-production didn’t begin until Witcher 3 was finished (2016) but to say that development began in 2012 is a “misconception” is
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huh? You admit in your post production didn't start until after the Witcher 3....so yes, anyone saying development started in 2012 is wrong.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top