BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 10:53:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm averaging around 80 fps or so at 1440 with everything set on kill.  The game's default settings for my PC turns all the RTX stuff on, everything is set on high or ultra.  9700K/2080ti.
View Quote

I turned off the RT lighting since someone mentioned it looked like shit.  The reflections are pretty cool though.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 11:00:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 11:49:52 PM EDT
[#3]
The only weird thing I've noticed performance wise is that sometimes when I walk up to a wall or corner, the frame rate crashes to about 30fps.  Not sure why, it's just blank walls with very little detail or reflections.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 11:51:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe 1.5-2hrs in. Alls well. Runs great on my 1080. So far only some slight graphical bugs though I did have to test whether the moving bodies on the floor were really dead
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 12:13:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, zero problems here perfromance wise. I did see some floating chopsticks at one point...
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 12:35:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Overall I think the day 1 patch must have fixed the worst of it. I’m at a playable 30fps-ish with my 1070.
I’m not finding it very intuitive yet, so I’ve accidentally gotten myself into some shit a few times already
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 1:05:08 AM EDT
[#7]
So far so good. I was a little worried about my 2060 being able to handle the game after what Tom's Hardware said about CP's hardware information. Game ran fine on default settings and after a while I changed it to the RT Medium setting and was getting 60+ fps. I'll keep an eye on it tomorrow night, but I imagine that number will drop a tad during an intense fight or a lot of action.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 1:06:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 1:25:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 3:06:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Game is fucking rad so far.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 4:44:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
This.

Also, if you haven't done so...

Update your Nvidia drivers.

It gained me around 20fps just doing that.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 6:33:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I fucking love it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 7:39:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The only weird thing I've noticed performance wise is that sometimes when I walk up to a wall or corner, the frame rate crashes to about 30fps.  Not sure why, it's just blank walls with very little detail or reflections.
View Quote

Is that with RT off like you mentioned?
Might be some sort of issue with the culling/z-buffer.

If that was with RT, might be due to the displacement map causing the RTX AO to go crazy trying to cast accurate self shadows within all the small irregularities.

Is it most walls/corners or just a couple particular ones?
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 9:27:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'll let you know Wednesday.  I have a 2080Ti.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well... apparently the game runs like shit on anything but a 30XX card...

https://www.tomshardware.com/amp/news/cyberpunk-2077-performance-preview

I'll let you know Wednesday.  I have a 2080Ti.

The game runs on my rig, but, as expected, I only get 18-30 FPS with all settings on low.  It's because of my ancient i5-2700K CPU...the 2080Ti barely broke a sweat.  Time to build a new rig (but keep the vid card).

Link Posted: 12/10/2020 9:34:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Is that with RT off like you mentioned?
Might be some sort of issue with the culling/z-buffer.

If that was with RT, might be due to the displacement map causing the RTX AO to go crazy trying to cast accurate self shadows within all the small irregularities.

Is it most walls/corners or just a couple particular ones?
View Quote

With RT reflections on, lighting off.  Seems to be certain corners, but more than just a couple.  I first noticed it in the back of the garage office on the nomad life path - I got in my car and drove on the street, then immediately got out and went back into the building to loot everything.  In the office of the garage I walked to the back and it nosedived.

There's been numerous other places like that.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 9:51:57 AM EDT
[#16]
I have just a standard 2080 and I think to get past 30 FPS i need to turn all the rtx stuff off. to be fair though I'm playing on a 4k monitor at native resolution . can't wait until supply is solved on the 3080
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 10:20:17 AM EDT
[#17]
I spent yesterday evening playing it.    So far the game is interesting.   I've found guns lacking in results and haven't been impressed w/ the scopes.  Even with head shots enemies take way too many hits to drop.   Blades on the other hand have been effective.  I've found driving the card w/ the keyboard to be a horrible experience though.   I'd rather walk most of the time than drive that damn thing.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 1:01:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I fucking love it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I fucking love it.

Hell yeah, they killed it so far. I did have one crash...but otherwise all is good.

Saving up for those ARM BLADES BABY
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 1:13:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Hell yeah, they killed it so far. I did have one crash...but otherwise all is good.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I fucking love it.

I'll probably go w/ them as soon as I can.    Guns have generally sucked for me in the game.     Haven't been impressed w/ scopes on them either.  Blades on the other hand have worked really well.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 1:16:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I'll probably go w/ them as soon as I can.    Guns have generally sucked for me in the game.     Haven't been impressed w/ scopes on them either.  Blades on the other hand have worked really well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I fucking love it.

I would expect that's just a function of needing to level up perks and such and upgrading guns which I haven't got into yet.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 1:29:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I would expect that's just a function of needing to level up perks and such and upgrading guns which I haven't got into yet.
View Quote

It might be, but so far I hate the sights on the guns.  They're just wrong trying to use them.  Normally in a game I'll pick a scope to get around that effect, but the scopes I've tried have all sucked.  No smooth zoom in w/ crosshairs or dots.   Just a nasty image of a scope smashed on top of your target.  (Even w/ the 2 "sniper" scopes I picked up and tested.   Normally in a game I'll try to play sniper as much as possible.  I may end up going heavily into blade this play through since guns have sucked so far.

I did the mission w/ the robo dog last night.   Removed the virus on the credstick then delivered the dog.   Chose kill them all instead of paying my hard stolen funds.  Walked out of there w/ a lot of guns, 3 or 4 levels, and all the creds.     The best blade I could buy on the way ther worked better than any gun I have found or picked up.

Link Posted: 12/10/2020 3:07:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Overall I think the day 1 patch must have fixed the worst of it. I'm at a playable 30fps-ish with my 1070.
I'm not finding it very intuitive yet, so I've accidentally gotten myself into some shit a few times already
View Quote

I'm sitting in the 40-70 range most the time with my 1070 on medium settings, no RT, on a 1440p monitor. Very playable.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 5:02:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Ray tracing is brutal on performance, I'm probably just going to turn it off. I'm running a RTX3080 and with RT on at 1440p I'm getting  at most 60 frames in certain indoor areas but 30 or so everywhere else, a stuttery 30 as well. Not really running anything at  ultra either and plenty of stuff on high/medium with DLSS on performance. I don't think raytracing is worth that much of a performance hit personally, game definitely could have used some more time in the oven. Overall though having fun. Like others have said, melee is strong and guns feel pretty soft at least at the point I'm at (bout 8 or 9 hours in). I've noticed just like other RPG/shooters it does help to spec into specific weapon trees and not try to be a jack of all trades with all weapons, and the weapon skills do level up as well so seems like they get better as time goes on (that's what I've heard at least). I'm spec'd mostly into handguns and with headshot damage maxed along with some stealth perks that boost damage I can drop people with a handgun faster than a shotgun. ARs/SMGs take most of my ammo to clear a room, so definitely see where people are coming from. Seems like if you want to go strictly with guns you'll have to pick a tree and stick to it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 5:56:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Amazing game so far  

I know this is gonna sound crazy - but leave motion blur on. Really smooths out the choppiness.

I7-4790k/2080ti

Running most things maxed. All RT.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 10:02:19 PM EDT
[#25]
GOG had it on sale for $26 as long as you VPN to russia first.  I was able to get it but not I cannot get back in to GOG to install it.  their stupid security code email wont come through.  been trying all afternoon.  wtf????
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 11:02:46 PM EDT
[#26]
On one hand I love the game so far... story, characters, etc.  On the other hand it's frozen and locked up twice while riding in a car.  I'm on Xbox Series X.  Thought about getting it on PC but I wanted to break in the Series X.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 11:23:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Playing it on PC.  i7 5820k, 16gb ram, gtx 1070 OC, gsync.  Seems to be running fine, but I have noticed some bugs...a couple items on the ground I couldn't pick up as if they weren't there, the stash info popup in the bottom left not going away after that first visit to my apartment, etc.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 12:08:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It might be, but so far I hate the sights on the guns.  They're just wrong trying to use them.  Normally in a game I'll pick a scope to get around that effect, but the scopes I've tried have all sucked.  No smooth zoom in w/ crosshairs or dots.   Just a nasty image of a scope smashed on top of your target.  (Even w/ the 2 "sniper" scopes I picked up and tested.   Normally in a game I'll try to play sniper as much as possible.  I may end up going heavily into blade this play through since guns have sucked so far.

I did the mission w/ the robo dog last night.   Removed the virus on the credstick then delivered the dog.   Chose kill them all instead of paying my hard stolen funds.  Walked out of there w/ a lot of guns, 3 or 4 levels, and all the creds.     The best blade I could buy on the way ther worked better than any gun I have found or picked up.

View Quote

Yeah, most of the sights aren't very good. I eventually did find one called a "ClearVue Mk. 8" that is actually pretty darn nice. Has zoom, decent illuminated crosshairs, and an ammo counter on the side. I was struggling with hitting stuff with my rifle before, but now I can waste fools from range as God intended.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 12:23:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Is anyone playing on a PS4 Pro? I’m hearing a lot of mixed reviews. Is it worth buying? I’m not looking for replies from PC gamers who just want to bash consoles. I’m looking for sound advice on whether or not to make a purchase.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 1:46:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Is anyone playing on a PS4 Pro? I’m hearing a lot of mixed reviews. Is it worth buying? I’m not looking for replies from PC gamers who just want to bash consoles. I’m looking for sound advice on whether or not to make a purchase.
View Quote

I've heard it's a bit rough, but playable.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 10:59:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I'm sitting in the 40-70 range most the time with my 1070 on medium settings, no RT, on a 1440p monitor. Very playable.
View Quote

That is good to know.  I was concerned my rig may not be up to the task.

AMD Ryzen 7 2800x, 16gb RAM, GeForce GTX 1070Ti.

Runs great for anything else I am doing atm.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 11:41:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Ray tracing is brutal on performance, I'm probably just going to turn it off. I'm running a RTX3080 and with RT on at 1440p I'm getting  at most 60 frames in certain indoor areas but 30 or so everywhere else, a stuttery 30 as well. Not really running anything at  ultra either and plenty of stuff on high/medium with DLSS on performance. I don't think raytracing is worth that much of a performance hit personally, game definitely could have used some more time in the oven. Overall though having fun. Like others have said, melee is strong and guns feel pretty soft at least at the point I'm at (bout 8 or 9 hours in). I've noticed just like other RPG/shooters it does help to spec into specific weapon trees and not try to be a jack of all trades with all weapons, and the weapon skills do level up as well so seems like they get better as time goes on (that's what I've heard at least). I'm spec'd mostly into handguns and with headshot damage maxed along with some stealth perks that boost damage I can drop people with a handgun faster than a shotgun. ARs/SMGs take most of my ammo to clear a room, so definitely see where people are coming from. Seems like if you want to go strictly with guns you'll have to pick a tree and stick to it.
View Quote

Something is up with your system. Are you using DLSS? Did you download the game ready drivers that came out on the 9th?

I'm running a 3070 on 1440p and getting better frames than you with the default Ultra+RTX preset (DLSS is auto set to balanced per my understanding). I'm typically in the high 60s with dips into mid 50s while running around NC.

i7 10700k
32gb ram
RTC 3070
Installed on nvme drive.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 12:18:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Hardware Unboxed hasn’t come out with the best settings yet, but they have stated the difference between medium and ultra would not be noticeable for most people.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 12:51:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Something is up with your system. Are you using DLSS? Did you download the game ready drivers that came out on the 9th?

I'm running a 3070 on 1440p and getting better frames than you with the default Ultra+RTX preset (DLSS is auto set to balanced per my understanding). I'm typically in the high 60s with dips into mid 50s while running around NC.

i7 10700k
32gb ram
RTC 3070
Installed on nvme drive.
View Quote

Yeah. That's bizarre. I'm only running a 2070 and I get solid mid-30s to mid-40s fps rates in wide open city areas with a bunch of wandering NPCs. This is with most settings at high, RT lighting/reflections/etc. all on, at 1440p. DLSS set to performance.

Interestingly, I noticed that there is zero framerate difference for me between 1080p and 1440p.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 5:36:19 PM EDT
[#35]

This is also an actual item you can pick up lol

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:02:21 PM EDT
[#36]
I downloaded it but my have to refund it. The game instantly crashes
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:28:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Tried to get a refund but they refused.

Bored out of my skull but I guess I'll finish it
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 9:19:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Guys I have a 5600xt and a AMD Ryzen 3600x, 16GB Ram.

Anyone have any recommendations for what settings? I'm getting only 45FPS, or there abouts on medium settings at 1440p

Link Posted: 12/11/2020 10:03:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Managed to get the game running. For what ever reason the game didn’t download 2 files worth 14 gb in size. 1080ti using nvidia optimized settings game runs and looks good at 1440p.

Played about two hours. Game is interesting, but far from a GOTY candidate.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 10:05:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Guys I have a 5600xt and a AMD Ryzen 3600x, 16GB Ram.

Anyone have any recommendations for what settings? I'm getting only 45FPS, or there abouts on medium settings at 1440p

View Quote

Turn off the following

Field of depth
Improved facial lightning geometry
Volumetric clouds quality

Low for the following

Distant shadows resolution
Volumetric fog resolution

Those are the harshest settings.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 10:16:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Doesn't look like a very good experience. Even the Pro drops to under 20fps at times. The crashing problems sound worse too. I'd definitely at least wait to see if they can actually patch all of these problems first. And if not, wait until you get a PS5 or something.

example
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 12:31:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would hold off until you can get a PS5 and the actual PS5 version of the game when it releases. PS4/XB1 versions are pretty bad right now.  Game is too much for older hardware.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 2:03:05 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm downloading it right now off steam; I have 30 minutes to get to the store for a bag of cheesy poofs and a homer bucket.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 7:03:44 PM EDT
[#44]
is there any positive reason to buy it. i only see negative things. no ps5 version until next year anyway.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 7:06:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
is there any positive reason to buy it. i only see negative things. no ps5 version until next year anyway.
View Quote

Uh, yeah it's fucking awesome. If you're on an original xbox or PS you may want to wait, but otherwise this game is tits.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 7:10:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've been playing on an XB1 and really enjoying it.  I feel like I've said this 12 times already - It was a mess on release night, but it's fine now.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 7:19:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I've been playing on an XB1 and really enjoying it.  I feel like I've said this 12 times already - It was a mess on release night, but it's fine now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hear some.people complaining still, but some people complain about everything.
Emphasis on the *may* in my post above....if it was me I'd still buy it...the game is great.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 7:30:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Doesn't look like a very good experience. Even the Pro drops to under 20fps at times. The crashing problems sound worse too. I'd definitely at least wait to see if they can actually patch all of these problems first. And if not, wait until you get a PS5 or something.

example
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

example

I ordered the disk version and have been playing it on my PS4 Pro. The only issues I've had is a few graphic glitches (like the funny FO4 ones), some framerate drops while driving,  3 game crashes and 1 soft lock. I've logged 19 hours.

All the issues were on version 1.02 and since updating to ver 1.04, I've had only the one soft lock in 6 hours of gameplay. No issue has caused me to lose any real time, maybe as much as reloading from a checkpoint so less than 5 minutes.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 12:57:06 PM EDT
[#49]
This game is a blast. Really enjoy the world they have created. I have been playing since release on PC, no crashes and no major bugs. Did have a preview of a weapon I was going to pick up off the ground get stuck open on my screen. Saved, exited and loaded back in and it was gone. Also died jumping off a waist high railing, from full health. Other then that the game has ran awesome.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 1:49:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Yeah, havent had many issues. Some small bugs here and there either visual or some weird convo things. But in general its pretty solid, and i think the hit the visuals out of the park.

About the only negative thing for me is that some of the UI stuff is fairly non intuitive.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top