BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 16
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 5:48:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

One positive note on the scope realm is that they haven't had a concept sale since 2019.  Meaning they haven't put a new ship into the pipeline since then.
View Quote

Very true.  I think they have enough out there now, imo, that they can launch with that and anything new they might be thinking of could still exist, but as a update to the game post launch where you can introduce it as a part of a living universe that includes manufacturers creating new designs because if there's one thing corporations always need, it's growth.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 12:34:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

True.

And as mentioned by NorthPolar, the "standard" game development model often allows for hiding of major flaws due to the closed nature of the process, so you get games that look great in the trailers like Anthem, but end up being DOA once you crack open that pretty shell and find the rotten core that they hid from you behind flashy and staged releases.

Here, the curtain is pulled back, and all the good and bad is there to be seen, commented on, and improved (hopefully).  It does make focus more difficult with all the voices advocating for so many different directions, but at least you see the current direction through the patch program and understand where they're headed, slow as it may be.

Part of the challenge is (IMO) that they want to make the universe as real as possible.  I feel like that's why there's so many different ship types under development.  The reality is you wouldn't have to have nearly so many to launch the game, but in something as large as what they are creating, the number of craft would be endless in variety, and i think they're trying to give that feel.  No one wants a game where "top tier" builds are always cookie cutter using the same ship and loadout.  While i think that will happen to some extent, because it's a video game in the end, and people will always min/max, the idea of different manufacturers catering to different styles at least means while you're cruising the verse, you're less likely to see random Super Hornet #598 which was built exactly like Super Hornet #329 you saw 5 minutes ago.
View Quote

The real holdup is the server tech (and AI) they want to use for SC doesn't exist yet so they have to build it. With ship sales funding development they have to make lots of different ships, and not make any of them so good that everyone buys that one and waits for release, which is the other major problem a lot of backers have, ships being intentionally flawed in some way. Some of that is likely to shake out in beta.

I do think the smart play is to put $100 or so into the game, preferably on something warbond (the 100 series starter packages slated for 3.11 would be a good bet) so you can fly all the ships up to a Gladius or Cutlass and wait, but I've got a bunch of UEE 2948 packs in buyback so obviously I wasn't that smart, but maybe it'll work out better anyway.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 8:43:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

One positive note on the scope realm is that they haven't had a concept sale since 2019.  Meaning they haven't put a new ship into the pipeline since then.
View Quote

There's a concept sale coming soon, BUT it is likely in whitebox or nearly flyable.  Likely to be the Xi'an freighter that was teased a few years ago.  It's also needed for the SQ42 campaign, so it's kind of double dipping IMO.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 7:01:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I’m starting the think this game will never see final. Over $320 million and still in alpha, getting every penny they can  
View Quote

Yep taking forever
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 2:10:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Connie and a couple other ships but haven't played in a while since the servers were so stuttery. I need to hop back in.
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 7:51:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Supposedly they are working on finishing up the Connie Taurus now (as well as parasite ship docking).  Honestly though, the whole Connie line could use some work, and more than a simple 'polishing pass'.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 2:32:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Patch 3.10 just got pushed today.  Full patch notes

Star Citizen: Alpha 3.10 - Flight & Fight
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 3:52:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Hmmm, Talon is one good-looking ship, couldn't pass it up...made the annual ship buy EZ.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 10:09:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I’m starting the think this game will never see final. Over $320 million and still in alpha, getting every penny they can  
View Quote

Yep, wish I never jumped in.  I had about 7200 invested (Javelin, Idris, any Aegis or Anvil warship really) and was able to at least get some of my money back in the grey market 2 years ago.

They bit off more than they can chew.
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 2:51:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yep, wish I never jumped in.  I had about 7200 invested (Javelin, Idris, any Aegis or Anvil warship really) and was able to at least get some of my money back in the grey market 2 years ago.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll agree there, but they're making notable headway after they stepped on their dicks.  Hell, look at the game now compared to last year.  Does CIG deserve criticism, yeah.  But they're owning to their mistakes, which is extremely rare in the game dev world.  They're even going from semi-open to open development with the new roadmap.  Instead of curated items, you'll supposedly be able to see all the different tasks being worked on, completion, etc.  

I am cautiously enthusiastic about it.  But I also have experience with game dev, so a lot of things that bother people don't for me.  I'm just going to bide my time.  If CR gets 100% of his goal for the game, it'll be epic.  If they hit 75% it'll still be an awesome game.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/17727-Star-Citizen-Squadron-42-Roadmap-Update

Link Posted: 8/31/2020 3:03:26 AM EDT
[#11]
I never hopped back in when I said I would . But maybe now I will. I don't know, I had a lot of fun in the game, mainly just player-driven stuff like rescuing stranded players in my Connie or loading it with a crap ton of missiles but the last time I played it seemed like everybody was just doing their own thing and nobody was chatting.
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 3:23:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I never hopped back in when I said I would . But maybe now I will. I don't know, I had a lot of fun in the game, mainly just player-driven stuff like rescuing stranded players in my Connie or loading it with a crap ton of missiles but the last time I played it seemed like everybody was just doing their own thing and nobody was chatting.
View Quote

Lord.  They never shut up on my servers.  

Just got into it the last couple months.  Finally have the RAM to run it without crashing in QT.  Now that I can play I really dig where this is going.  

Own a Cutty, ROC, Connie Taurus, and a MOLE.  Lots more ships in-game.  Love flying the Connie.  The ROC is a blast too.  Hoping to run into some folks that want to work the MOLE someday.
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 7:03:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Lord.  They never shut up on my servers.  

Just got into it the last couple months.  Finally have the RAM to run it without crashing in QT.  Now that I can play I really dig where this is going.  

Own a Cutty, ROC, Connie Taurus, and a MOLE.  Lots more ships in-game.  Love flying the Connie.  The ROC is a blast too.  Hoping to run into some folks that want to work the MOLE someday.
View Quote

Before it was hardly ever worth working as a secondary on a MOLE; it was too much of an asspain to get your cut.  Now with the new player trade app you may have more luck.
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 10:08:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'll agree there, but they're making notable headway after they stepped on their dicks.  Hell, look at the game now compared to last year.  Does CIG deserve criticism, yeah.  But they're owning to their mistakes, which is extremely rare in the game dev world.  They're even going from semi-open to open development with the new roadmap.  Instead of curated items, you'll supposedly be able to see all the different tasks being worked on, completion, etc.  

I am cautiously enthusiastic about it.  But I also have experience with game dev, so a lot of things that bother people don't for me.  I'm just going to bide my time.  If CR gets 100% of his goal for the game, it'll be epic.  If they hit 75% it'll still be an awesome game.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/17727-Star-Citizen-Squadron-42-Roadmap-Update

https://i.redd.it/w90sdmmys7k51.jpg
View Quote

Thats the thing---I kept looking at their map and then seeing what they were trying to do and knew that the optimists on the forums were retarded.  In '18 when I decided to give up there were people saying they would bet money on SQ42 in 2020 and open world launch in 2021.

I laughed at that and said 2022 would be a pipe dream while I, in turn, was also laughed at.

Maybe it will be great, I don't know the future for sure.  But I wasn't going to wait until 2025 for the full game when I initially backed in 2015.
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 3:06:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Thats the thing---I kept looking at their map and then seeing what they were trying to do and knew that the optimists on the forums were retarded.  In '18 when I decided to give up there were people saying they would bet money on SQ42 in 2020 and open world launch in 2021.

I laughed at that and said 2022 would be a pipe dream while I, in turn, was also laughed at.

Maybe it will be great, I don't know the future for sure.  But I wasn't going to wait until 2025 for the full game when I initially backed in 2015.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.redd.it/w90sdmmys7k51.jpg

As soon as they get the 30k issues under control it's a game I'll play regularly.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 2:19:59 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm still waiting for salvage game play. I'll start playing again when it's finally in or when the Polaris is released.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 2:37:16 AM EDT
[#17]
For anyone curious and not wanting to drop money, there is a free fly event until the 23rd.

http://robertsspaceindustries.com/promotions/ShipShowdown-Free-Fly

Inside Star Citizen: A Fresh Start | Summer 2020
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 6:42:08 PM EDT
[#18]
3.11 just got pushed earlier this week.  Halloween event with earnable (in game) content is live.  50 PVP kills to get a Vanduul helmet, or go to Benny Henge to get a scarecrow looking one.  The giant teddy bear is $4 in the store.  Free SC birthday stuff attributed to every backer account (An exclusive flight suit and helmet - in-game with Alpha 3.11 Iridescent Pistol - in-game with Alpha 3.11 The charming microTech mascot Pico the Penguin: Birthday Edition - for future decoration of ships/habs ) and the 100i (among other big patch changes) are all live.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/17786-Alpha-311
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/17792-Halloween-2020

Link Posted: 10/10/2020 6:42:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Star Citizen: Day of the Vara 2950 - Halloween Helmets

SQ42 Update & The Briefing Room Introduction

Squadron 42: The Briefing Room - Episode 1
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 5:22:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

yep they are milking that cow for all its worth..........
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 12:00:22 AM EDT
[#21]
I got a Constellation like....years ago.

Logged in once a few years back and it was like playing on 1992 dial up. This was way back when people were mad about some sort of golf cart or something.

Whats changed, and what can you actually do now?
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 5:07:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I got a Constellation like....years ago.

Logged in once a few years back and it was like playing on 1992 dial up. This was way back when people were mad about some sort of golf cart or something.

Whats changed, and what can you actually do now?
View Quote

Lots of missions, mining, combat, ground vehicles, weather systems, etc.  If it's been a few years, the game has gone through some big changes.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 7:14:50 PM EDT
[#23]
IAE 2950 is coming up soon. Lots of ships/vehicles you can try out for free.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 12:59:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Is it VR yet?  Dont see the point in starting a game that isn't anymore.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 8:47:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
IAE 2950 is coming up soon. Lots of ships/vehicles you can try out for free.
View Quote

Yup.  Plus the free fly is going on.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 1:39:01 AM EDT
[#26]
The new corvette-ish sized (100m) Perseus looks fucking sweet.  It has a sub-capital ship to ship offensive focus using 2 giant turrets that mount 2 size 7 guns each along with 20 size 5 torpedoes (same size the Gladiator uses). It's not meant to go head to head with larger ships like the Polaris, Idris, and Javelin, but will be able to take on any other large ships. It's not in game yet, I think it may be my new overall favorite ship. The Polaris is a close second due to it having EVERYTHING you need (crew capacity, hangar, med bay, armory, brig, damage potential, rover, cargo) for an org/militia flagship, but I am less interested in torpedoes than big guns and the Perseus looks fucking great. It's made rather redundant if you have a Polaris or Idris but will probably be more practical and cost effective for a lot of tasks. Plus if those ships are out of action, you may need a backup ship to use in place. Anyway, it'll probably wind up coming out before the Polaris because it sounds like it'll be in Squadron 42.

I didn't spend any extra money during this sale, but I did pickup an Orion > Perseus upgrade so that I can take one of my Orions (I got an Aquila > Orion and Caterpillar > Orion upgrade when they were cheap) and turn it into a Perseus. I think my final ship list is shaping up like this:

Cyclone TR
Sabre
Cutlass Black
Reclaimer
Orion
Perseus
Polaris

I still want an Ursa rover, Arrow, and maybe a Pisces (if the Cutlass can't fit into the Polaris), and I think I'll be able to buy one without kicking in any more money. I think the Valkyrie and Eclipse are both cool and I want one of each but they're too highly specialized and over priced and I'll earn them in game.

Here's the Perseus:

It reminds me a lot of the Federal Corvette (in size, overall shape/appearance, and role) from Elite Dangerous:

Link Posted: 11/30/2020 3:33:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Don't forget the 4 ballistic turrets that can be offensive or used as a CWIS setup.  All with a crew of 7.  The Alaska org for SC picked up (I think) 2 or 3 of these plus a 2nd Javelin  Personally, I'm broke and just happy to be using the Mercury I bought forever ago.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 3:33:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Double tap
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 3:45:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Don't forget the 4 ballistic turrets that can be offensive or used as a CWIS setup.  All with a crew of 7.  The Alaska org for SC picked up (I think) 2 or 3 of these plus a 2nd Javelin  Personally, I'm broke and just happy to be using the Mercury I bought forever ago.
View Quote
Yeah those are pretty cool too. I think they should probably be upgraded to dual S4 turrets though.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 11:30:29 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm kind of getting annoyed by the fact that the Connie series is not competative and that CIG hasn't at least stated they plan on doing a serious revamp of them (all I have managed to find is a vague promise to eventually go back and do a "cosmetic pass" on them) at some point in the future.  Yes I would hope that since the Connie is supposedly CR's baby they will do so before SC releases.  However, as things stand the Connie sucks (poor flight model, crap interior, I wont hold the shield holes against it, crap visibility, meh design, etc) and for the price why would someone own a Conni rather than an MSR (the parasite fighter and included rover don't make up for all the other issues)?
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 7:05:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm kind of getting annoyed by the fact that the Connie series is not competative and that CIG hasn't at least stated they plan on doing a serious revamp of them (all I have managed to find is a vague promise to eventually go back and do a "cosmetic pass" on them) at some point in the future.  Yes I would hope that since the Connie is supposedly CR's baby they will do so before SC releases.  However, as things stand the Connie sucks (poor flight model, crap interior, I wont hold the shield holes against it, crap visibility, meh design, etc) and for the price why would someone own a Conni rather than an MSR (the parasite fighter and included rover don't make up for all the other issues)?
View Quote
The MSR really set a new standard in ship design. I'm sure the Constellation will get another rework eventually to bring it up to par. The Retaliator is in dire need of a rework as well.

Still, vs the MSR, doesn't the Constellation have a lot more firepower and features that make it a better all around ship? The MSR is a cool looking ship but doesn't seem all that useful aside from data running or getting from point A to B. To be honest, from the beginning, I never really like the overall direction they took with the Constellation when they conceptualized it. It was different, from most sci-fi ships but since I'm not a hipster, I don't see being different as necessarily a good thing.

Edit: just compared the stats. Looks like the MSR has more cargo and speed but the Constellation has a fair bit more firepower. The MSR appears to be significantly heavier which I would think would make it less maneuverable, but I have never flown it to compare.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 7:15:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The MSR really set a new standard in ship design. I'm sure the Constellation will get another rework eventually to bring it up to par. The Retaliator is in dire need of a rework as well.

Still, vs the MSR, doesn't the Constellation have a lot more firepower and features that make it a better all around ship? The MSR is a cool looking ship but doesn't seem all that useful aside from data running or getting from point A to B. To be honest, from the beginning, I never really like the overall direction they took with the Constellation when they conceptualized it. It was different, from most sci-fi ships but since I'm not a hipster, I don't see being different as necessarily a good thing.

Edit: just compared the stats. Looks like the MSR has more cargo and speed but the Constellation has a fair bit more firepower. The MSR appears to be significantly heavier which I would think would make it less maneuverable, but I have never flown it to compare.
View Quote

Looking at the stats, the MSR is almost 4x the weight of the Connie Taurus (400k kg vs 1.6 mil kg) so I'm curious on how they'd compare in flight too.  I don't have a Connie to test it against though.  The MSR is supposed to be a blockade runner, so...
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 7:26:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Looking at the stats, the MSR is almost 4x the weight of the Connie Taurus (400k kg vs 1.6 mil kg) so I'm curious on how they'd compare in flight too.  I don't have a Connie to test it against though.  The MSR is supposed to be a blockade runner, so...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like the Constellation is getting a buff next patch. The Evocati patch notes reference increasing it's maneuverability (I don't remember if there was anything else). It's probably in response to the MSR (which is getting a bigger fuel tank).
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 7:56:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The new corvette-ish sized (100m) Perseus looks fucking sweet.  It has a sub-capital ship to ship offensive focus using 2 giant turrets that mount 2 size 7 guns each along with 20 size 5 torpedoes (same size the Gladiator uses). It's not meant to go head to head with larger ships like the Polaris, Idris, and Javelin, but will be able to take on any other large ships. It's not in game yet, I think it may be my new overall favorite ship. The Polaris is a close second due to it having EVERYTHING you need (crew capacity, hangar, med bay, armory, brig, damage potential, rover, cargo) for an org/militia flagship, but I am less interested in torpedoes than big guns and the Perseus looks fucking great. It's made rather redundant if you have a Polaris or Idris but will probably be more practical and cost effective for a lot of tasks. Plus if those ships are out of action, you may need a backup ship to use in place. Anyway, it'll probably wind up coming out before the Polaris because it sounds like it'll be in Squadron 42.

I didn't spend any extra money during this sale, but I did pickup an Orion > Perseus upgrade so that I can take one of my Orions (I got an Aquila > Orion and Caterpillar > Orion upgrade when they were cheap) and turn it into a Perseus. I think my final ship list is shaping up like this:

Cyclone TR
Sabre
Cutlass Black
Reclaimer
Orion
Perseus
Polaris

I still want an Ursa rover, Arrow, and maybe a Pisces (if the Cutlass can't fit into the Polaris), and I think I'll be able to buy one without kicking in any more money. I think the Valkyrie and Eclipse are both cool and I want one of each but they're too highly specialized and over priced and I'll earn them in game.

Here's the Perseus:

https://media.robertsspaceindustries.com/wzzgz1hzpl4bs/source.jpg
https://media.robertsspaceindustries.com/1k2knr35l5id3/source.jpg
https://media.robertsspaceindustries.com/6sfr36x24j0hw/source.jpg

It reminds me a lot of the Federal Corvette (in size, overall shape/appearance, and role) from Elite Dangerous:
https://i.gyazo.com/7b87f1210c04ff567b6f7caa5ad5a30a.png
View Quote

That's sexy.  I've wanted to love my Retaliator since the concept, but that's just awesome with less of a crew requirement.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 12:47:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Looks like the Constellation is getting a buff next patch. The Evocati patch notes reference increasing it's maneuverability (I don't remember if there was anything else). It's probably in response to the MSR (which is getting a bigger fuel tank).
View Quote

I hope they really mean it.  The Connie does indeed have much more firepower than the MSR.  No ammount of firepower covers for an inability to keep weapons on target and being unable to take a hit.  It also needs a pretty good fix of the bridge and living quarters.

As far as the MSRs fuel problem from everyhting I have seen/experienced they need to tone down how much fuel it chugs rather than give it a larger tank.  Yes a larger tank fixes the ships range, but it doesn't address how much it costs to refuel.  Otherwise I really do like the MSR.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 1:13:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I hope they really mean it.  The Connie does indeed have much more firepower than the MSR.  No ammount of firepower covers for an inability to keep weapons on target and being unable to take a hit.  It also needs a pretty good fix of the bridge and living quarters.

As far as the MSRs fuel problem from everyhting I have seen/experienced they need to tone down how much fuel it chugs rather than give it a larger tank.  Yes a larger tank fixes the ships range, but it doesn't address how much it costs to refuel.  Otherwise I really do like the MSR.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think there was a bug where it wasn't gathering hydrogen while traveling. They have fixed that too.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 4:29:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Downloaded the latest build and put a couple hours in. Coming along but seems a long way to go.

My hornet randomly exploded coming out of "warp?"(forget what its called in game). A couple fall thru the worlds, a couple graphics glitching bugs as to be unplayable...good times

I like where they're going with it. Can't wait til the beta in 2025
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 4:49:03 PM EDT
[#38]
I've got Thrustmaster dual T16000 sticks, throttle, and pedals, is this something I should look into?

Ace Combat is super limited, Star Wars Squadrons is a blast but not much variation.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 5:14:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I've got Thrustmaster dual T16000 sticks, throttle, and pedals, is this something I should look into?

Ace Combat is super limited, Star Wars Squadrons is a blast but not much variation.
View Quote

Yes and no based on what you stated.

Joystick control is improved but still wonky (I'm sure there's higher priorities). I just switched back to M/K for now.

As for the game, there's only so much to do yet and if you're bored easily, like you alluded to above, maybe hold off til more content comes in. You can spacetruck, mine, explore, do combat in space and FPS style. But it's still Alpha and pretty buggy.

That said, it looks phenomenal and will be amazing once its done. It's not there yet so don't expect much more than a semi-playable game with frequent bugs, and limited stuff to do. Oh, and one that will likely see your character wiped a few times still
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 9:38:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Once 30ks quit being a regular thing I'll play it all the time.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 1:25:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Use the EU servers. For some reason I hardly get them after the swap.  Only once in probably 10 hours of fuckery with one of the orgs I’m in, and we all got it simultaneously, so it was probably the server going offline.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 3:26:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Well dammit they got me again. Last year I grabbed an Ares ion and this year I popped for a Perseus.  Dam CIG... With the 3.12 ptu gas cloud tech, the game keeps looking better. The new ore refining stuff at L points looks cool to.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 3:30:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Well dammit they got me again. Last year I grabbed an Ares ion and this year I popped for a Perseus.  Dam CIG... With the 3.12 ptu gas cloud tech, the game keeps looking better. The new ore refining stuff at L points looks cool to.
View Quote
The gas cloud tech looks amazing. I can't wait to fly into the fucking GAS GIANT planet Crusader and land at the floating city there.

GAS CLOUD First Look- Incredible - PTU 3.12 Star Citizen

Link Posted: 12/13/2020 3:28:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Not gonna bother with the PTU as I just started playing Cyberpunk 2077. After I finish it (probably after the new year), I'm going to play some Star Citizen and try the mining and refining gameplay. Refineries are in the game now and are looking really cool. The scope of this game is unbelievable. I know we have seen all of these parts in other games before, but never as a seamless and homogenous experience, and this is only the first of 100+ planned star systems. With the tools for building them nearly complete and the new studio dedicated to cranking them out, I really do think the game is about to get massive.

The space stations nestled in these gas clouds now look breath taking.

Star Citizen 3.12.0 FIRST LOOK - Gas Clouds, Stations & New Refineries

Link Posted: 12/13/2020 3:40:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
The Perseus concept is awesome. It will have weapon racks/equipment lockers and medical supplies/features but they said it won't have a dedicated full on armory and infirmary. I hope that changes because there is certainly room to add them and I hope they do for coolness and sensibility (it is a long range patrol ship).

I want it in game more than the Polaris or Idris now I think. I don't own an Idris, but it'll be awesome to get aboard and crew one. Speaking of the Idris it will be in game as part of the NPC police force and will be attackable in the coming patch.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 8:45:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Use the EU servers. For some reason I hardly get them after the swap.  Only once in probably 10 hours of fuckery with one of the orgs I’m in, and we all got it simultaneously, so it was probably the server going offline.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

30k is a server crash.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 6:03:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Someday they will add things to do with my 890 Jump... someday...

Also its fucking stupid that the only places in game that can spawn a capital ship are on planet surfaces.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 9:28:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Also its fucking stupid that the only places in game that can spawn a capital ship are on planet surfaces.
View Quote

I'm kind of hoping that when they add station docking you can spawn one at one of the airlocks.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 11:34:28 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Take the 890 boarding mission. Quantum to the sight then abandon the mission before you engage the enemy ships. Then sneak fairly close to the 890 in the mission and then open the airlocks. Get ready to ambush those that come to do the mission and claim their guns and ships they leave behind.

Declare yourself top troll in SC for a while.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 8:14:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Star Citizen - HUR-L5 High Course Station
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top