Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 16
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 1:25:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I had a fair amount of fun when Space Marine had the private server option.  The FPS was pretty decent playing in that venue, for guys running around in the vast nothing it's a little tough and the AI still does some silly things.
View Quote
So here was my night.

1. Clear 1st bunker.  O.k., getting the hang of it.
2. Enemy glitches in 2nd bunker, die.  No longer in front of me.  Now shooting me from side.  
3. Return to 2nd bunker, bug prevents me from looting my own body.  Couldn't equip anything.
4. Return to 2nd bunker again.  Now the mission is over, guards turn hostile and kill.  
5. Back to Loreville to stock up on armor, but they don't have guns.
6. 3rd bunker with pistol.  Going fine at first.  Accidentally shoot friendly.  Die.
7. End up in prison.  Log off rather than deal with BS

Now, yeah bad night for n00b.  But I really question this design/mechanic.  You are going to die a lot in FPS gameplay.  That's the nature of it.  To make you run around and gather all your stuff back each time is madness.  And now the new patch is adding rare loot, more madness.  And while I like the prison mechanic for PKs and griefers, I think it is a little insane that you get it from a FF incident in a bunker mission.  I just don't see this concept being successful long term.  Maybe the devs will change it, but they seem pretty set down this path.  

Link Posted: 3/19/2022 2:28:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So here was my night.

2. Enemy glitches in 2nd bunker, die.  No longer in front of me.  Now shooting me from side.  
3. Return to 2nd bunker, bug prevents me from looting my own body.  Couldn't equip anything.
4. Return to 2nd bunker again.  Now the mission is over, guards turn hostile and kill.  
6. 3rd bunker with pistol.  Going fine at first.  Accidentally shoot friendly.  Die.

Now, yeah bad night for n00b.  But I really question this design/mechanic.  You are going to die a lot in FPS gameplay.  That's the nature of it.  To make you run around and gather all your stuff back each time is madness.  And now the new patch is adding rare loot, more madness.  And while I like the prison mechanic for PKs and griefers, I think it is a little insane that you get it from a FF incident in a bunker mission.  I just don't see this concept being successful long term.  Maybe the devs will change it, but they seem pretty set down this path.  

View Quote

This isn't your typical FPS, and once it goes live you won't be treating it like one.  Death will have significant consequences, almost ruinous if you haven't taken precautions.  You'll need to adjust your playstyle accordingly.

I'm sure prison will get tweaked/tuned a lot, I think it's just the skeleton of the system right now.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:05:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So here was my night.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had a fair amount of fun when Space Marine had the private server option.  The FPS was pretty decent playing in that venue, for guys running around in the vast nothing it's a little tough and the AI still does some silly things.
So here was my night.

Gotcha.  I can actually understand those challenges getting to you and I’ve been on the receiving end of all of them.  The core of FPS is good, the little things can be tiresome.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 10:58:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Also try not doing risky things solo.  Then only the odd bugs will kill you.

But FPS fighting, always bring a partner.  Being able to heal / revive each other is going to just get more and more important as they add depth to the mechanics.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 11:41:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Are you guys running keyboard / mouse, HOTAS or combo?

Thinking about getting into this but it will be a while before I can get s HOTAS setup.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 2:36:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I prefer hotas but I use M&K if I’m not doing much flying that evening.  I know a couple people that are keyboard exclusive.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 6:56:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got a Thrustmaster Warthog A10 package.

If I were doing it from scratch again I would go with 2 sticks from Verbil.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 7:37:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've got a Thrustmaster Warthog A10 package.

If I were doing it from scratch again I would go with 2 sticks from Verbil.
View Quote

I want the warthog a-10 as I'm more interested in DCS.  Just dumped a ton today on a new pre-built.  Figured my wife would kill me if I added the warthog to the bill.

Pretty pumped as I haven't had a gaming computer in about 20 years.

Need to figure out what to sell to get the warthog.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 1:59:08 AM EDT
[#9]
The clear the cave mission is pretty damned fun.  Ground combat in the stealth setting works well.  And the caves have this wonderfully ominous feet about them.  

Link Posted: 4/11/2022 7:49:32 PM EDT
[#10]
After hearing about this game back in 2012 and following it off and on for the last 10 years, I broke down and finally bought in.

There is definitely some super frustrating shit but damn I am really digging this....it's scratching my space Sim itch that Elite Dangerous or any other space game to date just cant touch.

Going on an EVA to pick up some dudes space blow up doll from a fucked up space station and delivering it then going, landing my ship on a desolate planet and smoke checking some assholes in a bunker with my assault rifle....the seemless blend is just...awesome, bugs and all.

I'm really excited to see what the future brings for this....in another 10 years LOL.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 1:27:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought the avenger titan pack this week.  Really digging it.  

Just running courrier missions right now getting used to flying the ship.  Was a steep learning curve the 1st night with a couple of insurance claims but got the hang of it now and am making a little money and learning the ropes.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 3:05:50 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm interested in starting this game.  Is there any particular (currently available) package that's better than any other?
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 9:01:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm interested in starting this game.  Is there any particular (currently available) package that's better than any other?
View Quote

It depends on your price point.  However, generally the most popular starter package for most is the Avenger Titan package.  If you are looking to spend the least money possible you can get by with the Aurora package and upgrade later in game.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 9:30:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It depends on your price point.  However, generally the most popular starter package for most is the Avenger Titan package.  If you are looking to spend the least money possible you can get by with the Aurora package and upgrade later in game.
View Quote

Titan for the win. I've only been playing a couple months, but it allowed me to explore a few different game loops and build up in-game money. Then I was able to start renting other ships before spending real money. There will be a free-fly event and ship sale at the end of May if you care to wait a little bit. Then you can try different ships and some game packages may be on sale as well.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 8:15:18 AM EDT
[#15]
I ordered the Titan and have started the install process.  Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:52:51 AM EDT
[#16]
WTF is up with your ship getting blown off a landing pad?  Bug or bad storm that was supposed to happen?

Was doing a delivery run and it said something about my ship blocking the pad.  I ran out to move it and it was blown up against the outpost and disappeared when I was trying to get in it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:15:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
WTF is up with your ship getting blown off a landing pad?  Bug or bad storm that was supposed to happen?

Was doing a delivery run and it said something about my ship blocking the pad.  I ran out to move it and it was blown up against the outpost and disappeared when I was trying to get in it.
View Quote

Absolutely a bug . . .I've come to terms that probably 25% of my game time while playing SC is going to be for nothing due to game breaking bugs. It is what it is. And I've only been in this for a few weeks now.

I put on a backpack a few days ago. Exploded. Like no shit, blew up like I had strapped on a suicide vest. Dead as fuck.

Got on an elevator. Fell through the level geometry. Boop. Dead.

Ran up some stairs. Blown clear across the room, lost 75% of my health. Almost dead.

Do I get annoyed as all hell? Yes, but damn when this game works - it WORKS.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:51:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
turn the engines off when you land on planets and moons.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:08:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been shutting them down when I land.  Maybe forgot to this time
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 8:41:25 PM EDT
[#20]
My ship disappeared on a landing pad a week ago when I called in my ROC miner. No problem, I had a buddy come pick me up and when he did he got a blip on his radar. We go check it out and my ship was just floating randomly. So he backs up to it and opens his cargo door. I run out on the deck and open my cargo door, jump in and use it like nothing happened. Big mistake...

Later that night I log out in one of the beds on my ship and now I can't reconnect. I keep getting a 30009 connection issue. I guess my ship was bugged and the game still thinks I'm in a server. I'm just waiting for 3.17 to come out because I don't want to do a character reset which is the only thing I haven't done trying to fix the bug.

Really enjoying the game other than some bugs.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 3:17:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Why delay the character reset?  You don't lose money, items, or reputation. You may have to re-certify or repeat some mission/certifications.   If you have things in refinery you might lose those, but I think that's about it.    Everything gets set back to the last "good" save your character had, which they recently (a patch or 3 ago) increased the number of times your character "state" is updated to the system.  So the reset should not roll you back far.

ETA: You generally don't lose items, less likely than before, but sometimes ship upgrades still go poof.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 4:30:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Having issues where resupply from the landing pad isn't reloading missiles.  Using the mobiglass vehicle loadout isn't working either.  I can get them loaded there and click save changes and it looks like I'm good to go.  Go back into mobiglass and there is changes pending shown again with exclamation points.  Pull my ship and no missiles
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 10:27:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Having issues where resupply from the landing pad isn't reloading missiles.  Using the mobiglass vehicle loadout isn't working either.  I can get them loaded there and click save changes and it looks like I'm good to go.  Go back into mobiglass and there is changes pending shown again with exclamation points.  Pull my ship and no missiles
View Quote

Same with the bugged vehicles - both my vanguards (warden and harbinger) only reload 2 missiles and that's it. It also doesn't repair the exterior model's engines.

Seems to be an ongoing issue with others as well.

This game is frustrating as hell but I'm still smitten with it.

Link Posted: 4/29/2022 1:31:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Same with the bugged vehicles - both my vanguards (warden and harbinger) only reload 2 missiles and that's it. It also doesn't repair the exterior model's engines.

Seems to be an ongoing issue with others as well.

This game is frustrating as hell but I'm still smitten with it.

View Quote

Still having fun with it.  Just need my missiles damn it
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 5:43:55 PM EDT
[#25]
They just rolled out 3.17 to PU
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 10:50:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Hey boys,

Havent kept up with this thread but I posted a update here.

87th Clan fourm
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 6:16:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Hey boys,

Havent kept up with this thread but I posted a update here.

87th Clan fourm
View Quote
I'm getting a page not found error.

Edit:  I had to log into spectrum first and then click the link.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 8:28:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm getting a page not found error.

Edit:  I had to log into spectrum first and then click the link.
View Quote

I'm getting a 404 error.  I'm logged into spectrum.  Do I have to be a member of the Org to view?
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 8:42:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Looks like a database wipe for assets and aUEC coming with 3.17.2.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 8:46:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ingame purchased ships too?
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 8:50:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.  Back to starting cash and items purchased with real money.

It’s happened before, it’ll happen again (heck, it used to be an every patch thing).
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 8:51:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yup.  Back to starting cash and items purchased with real money.

It’s happened before, it’ll happen again (heck, it used to be an every patch thing).
View Quote

Damn. And this after I spent a hundred mil on sweet ships.

What I get for entering the illegal money laundering business I guess.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 8:52:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'm getting a 404 error.  I'm logged into spectrum.  Do I have to be a member of the Org to view?
View Quote
Probably
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:01:01 PM EDT
[#34]
At least rep is suppose to not be reset in 3.17.2

Lots of JT death coming up this weekend.

Link Posted: 7/1/2022 8:17:02 AM EDT
[#35]
If this wipe fixes the broke ass inventory system, and nets performance issues, also some new stuff coming - I'm all for it.

I'm loving the gnashing of teeth by people who are somehow surprised the wipes are a thing . . . in an alpha.

You just grinded your life away buying that A2 Herc? Whoops.

I'm gonna lose like 8 mill AUEC, but I'm one of those retards that buys way too many ships with real money, so atleast I'll still have my hanger. Keeping the rep is nice too.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 10:56:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Bump
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 6:05:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Any sign of squadron 42 releasing this decade?
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 7:26:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Any sign of squadron 42 releasing this decade?
View Quote

Soon (tm)

For those interested, there is a free fly event going on now.  If you decide to buy a starter package please use someone’s referral code.  Mine is STAR-DT9D-WFGR but feel free to spread the love.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:41:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Where's the development at now?
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 12:38:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Where's the development at now?
View Quote

Long story short, it's progressing but it still has a long way to go.

The game is very playable these days, the only downside being the infrequent wipes (there was one a few months ago for the 3.17 release).  The second system will likely show up in the next few releases.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 12:50:03 PM EDT
[#41]
I might get into this merely because of Chris Roberts.

If I do, do I get to pick an initial spawn location, and if so, which one would be most suitable for arfcom 87th fleet ops?

Link Posted: 9/13/2022 6:04:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I might get into this merely because of Chris Roberts.

If I do, do I get to pick an initial spawn location, and if so, which one would be most suitable for arfcom 87th fleet ops?

View Quote

I would pick Area18 if you have a weak PC, MicroTech if its higher end. Hop on the discord and say whats up and we can figure something out.

I always live at GrimHex because Im a bad man.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 12:32:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I would pick Area18 if you have a weak PC, MicroTech if its higher end. Hop on the discord and say whats up and we can figure something out.

I always live at GrimHex because Im a bad man.
View Quote

@spud   Thanks.  Downloading / updating now.

ETA  I have much to learn, some keybindings to change, and more stuff to do, including getting my joystick out of storage.

ETA 2:  Found a crap controller to at least fly my ship a little.  The cockpit look and feel is like old home week in a Wing Commander Broadsword.  I neen a little more stick time on basics like finding my assigned LZ, etc, then I should be mission ready.   I really liked Entropia Universe, save for its space aspect, which is too planar in nature.  Ifs good to have 3 axis freedom again.  :)
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 7:25:08 PM EDT
[#44]
On discord.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 8:30:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Well, thought I was mission ready.  LOL. Got to Lyra, was on the wrong side of that iceball from my pickup, and crashed when trying to goof off while flying around.

I definitely need to dig my old Sidewinder or Cyberman stick outta storage.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 11:28:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Even a cheap joystick is better than mouse / keyboard, I think at least.

Im in the process of putting together a new PC, should be back in the air tonight or tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 11:10:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Any ideas on where to buy a Macflex Core?  Noob needs something to hang a backpack on.

Spud, good luck with the build.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 11:26:49 AM EDT
[#48]
I don't know where you're based out of, so here is the whole list. That website is invaluable for finding stuff.

SC Item Finder

Go here to mess with ship loadouts.

Edit: @SpanishInquisition
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 4:30:25 PM EDT
[#49]
@Spud

Thanks!

For now, Area 18 is home.   I've managed to complete a couple of maint missions now, and found a workaround for doors closing on objects and then not letting them be picked up.  Tractor beam works nicely for that.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 2:01:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Cutlass Black:  Should I?  Looks like good bang for the buck, and it has room for the wife unit when she wishes to go adventuring with me.  It'll be cargo runs and miniing for me, methinks.

Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top