BCM
User Panel

Page / 17
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 8:49:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good lord that's obscene

Only bloodied weapon I've gotten so far that's been worth anything is a 50 cal with 2 additional, but mostly useless, perks. Only legendary gauss I've gotten so far was a stalkers gauss....
View Quote
I farm. A lot.

Some of the numbers I've seen from Bloodied rolls on the new Gauss Shotguns are even more obscene. Logically speaking I know Bloodied needs a nerf, but it's just so damn efficient.

I have a feeler out for a Legacy Gauss roll, hopefully I can get a trade worked out. I want to see if I can make this even more obscene. Probably be trading 10:1 for it, but whatever. I have too much stuff I don't use. Likely end up trading some Assasins Sentinel Secret Service pieces for it (I don't use Sentinel at all)
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 11:47:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Is there any way to get massive damage like that or close with a shotty/rifle build?
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 6:54:16 AM EDT
[#3]
With the help of my brother, I upgraded my Gauss rifle to prime and put on the upgrades. I debated between long and medium scope, but kept the long one.

Holy crap.  I took down a 2 star scorchbeast last night solo. They fixed the stealth suit, so it's more useful now.

I think I was pushing close to 3000 dmg.  Other than getting +10% on aim damage for the gauss, or +VAT accuracy,  I'll be sticking with the one I got.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 10:04:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is there any way to get massive damage like that or close with a shotty/rifle build?
View Quote
Massive damage is pretty much only bloodied territory, but the highest base damage weapons at this point seem to be all Gauss, with exception of black powder and bolt pipe (can double dip rifle/pistol on the pipe still)

They're still inferior to high fire rate weapons.

Adrenaline will also make everything awesome if used properly.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 10:55:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By CouncilOfDave:
Massive damage is pretty much only bloodied territory, but the highest base damage weapons at this point seem to be all Gauss, with exception of black powder and bolt pipe (can double dip rifle/pistol on the pipe still)

They're still inferior to high fire rate weapons.

Adrenaline will also make everything awesome if used properly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Iguana775:
Is there any way to get massive damage like that or close with a shotty/rifle build?
Massive damage is pretty much only bloodied territory, but the highest base damage weapons at this point seem to be all Gauss, with exception of black powder and bolt pipe (can double dip rifle/pistol on the pipe still)

Think Bethesda will nerf the bloodied prefix? I saw in past reddit posts they nerfed the gauss rifle pretty good.

It also depends on your play style. I am more of a sneaky type, so gauss and a few others is my speed.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 11:27:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm officially in love with the Gauss. It doesn't feel nerfed to me.

Link Posted: 5/21/2020 12:42:09 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

I tried bloodied at one point but kept dying.  Lol.  Tempted to start a new guy and build one from scratch.   Are there guides on how to make one and not constantly die?
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 12:43:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By VooDoo3dfx:
With the help of my brother, I upgraded my Gauss rifle to prime and put on the upgrades. I debated between long and medium scope, but kept the long one. 

Holy crap.   I took down a 2 star scorchbeast last night solo. They fixed the stealth suit, so it's more useful now.

I think I was pushing close to 3000 dmg.  Other than getting +10% on aim damage for the gauss, or +VAT accuracy,  I'll be sticking with the one I got.
View Quote

I do have a prime gauss rifle.   How did you get damage that high?
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 12:50:55 PM EDT
[#9]

I do have a prime gauss rifle.   How did you get damage that high?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By VooDoo3dfx:
With the help of my brother, I upgraded my Gauss rifle to prime and put on the upgrades. I debated between long and medium scope, but kept the long one. 

Holy crap.   I took down a 2 star scorchbeast last night solo. They fixed the stealth suit, so it's more useful now.

I think I was pushing close to 3000 dmg.  Other than getting +10% on aim damage for the gauss, or +VAT accuracy,  I'll be sticking with the one I got.

I do have a prime gauss rifle.   How did you get damage that high?

Base is high 300s, the numbers I was given on screen after shots was between 2500 and 3200ish.  Trick with scorchbeast is to VAT their wings to bring them down.  You can non VAT their heads fairly easily after that.

EDIT: Its an instigator with prime capacitors, so your YMMV.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 12:56:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I tried bloodied at one point but kept dying.  Lol.  Tempted to start a new guy and build one from scratch.   Are there guides on how to make one and not constantly die?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Massive damage is pretty much only bloodied territory, but the highest base damage weapons at this point seem to be all Gauss, with exception of black powder and bolt pipe (can double dip rifle/pistol on the pipe still)

They're still inferior to high fire rate weapons.

Adrenaline will also make everything awesome if used properly.

Damage mititgation. Serendipity in LK is a 40% chance to avoid all damage. Dodgy in Agility is nearly a must. There are plenty of guides on YouTube, since it's popular now. Dense/Fireproof/Adamantium is a big help also. Explosions did me in more on my leveling build than I'd have liked.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 1:22:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Ok,  I'll look around YouTube
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 1:23:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Do you run mutated?   I'm heavily mutated now and have scorched genes and class freak perks on now.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 1:30:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Do you run mutated?   I'm heavily mutated now and have scorched genes and class freak perks on now.
View Quote
Always. Usually from level 2

Mole Miner event is dropping good low level gear. If you can run bloodied/unyielding at low level it's good for new character leveling. Who cares if you die, it just resets rads, so no harm no foul.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 7:26:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Mole Miner event is dropping good low level gear. If you can run bloodied/unyielding at low level it's good for new character leveling. Who cares if you die, it just resets rads, so no harm no foul.
View Quote

Do you use starched genes then?
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 7:39:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Two level scorched beast, took 2 VATS shot on its wings (fully charged) to bring it down.

Then one fully charged, VATS critical head shot with 3rd level better critical perk,  and it wasn't much to go after that.

Nice part is it's easy to get your critical shot up just by VATS head shotting the scorched minions with a suppressed lever.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 7:57:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell no. It's not available until level 30, so I just don't use rad chems. I just die, and it'll reset rads to 25% if they're lower than that on death. Death is nothing to worry about if you're just grabbing XP.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 11:49:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Oh ok.   Lol
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 10:43:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Hell no. It's not available until level 30, so I just don't use rad chems. I just die, and it'll reset rads to 25% if they're lower than that on death. Death is nothing to worry about if you're just grabbing XP.
View Quote

so you're running bloody even though you're low level? do you have the unyielding armor then?
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 12:18:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

so you're running bloody even though you're low level? do you have the unyielding armor then?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

His level is in the video he posted.

700 something.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 12:48:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

700 something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

700 something.
If I'm leveling a new character I'll throw a level 1 unyielding set on it and run it bloodied for the IN bonus, so it levels quickly. I also do Egg Head for the IN, and Berry Mentats if I have some.

The XP scaling for the lower level quest is designed around characters who have lower IN, and as soon as I can hit level 15 from the easy quest stuff I'll upgrade the gear to a level 15 Unyielding set and a Bloodied Handmade, and start terrorizing the high level areas. It goes quickly then.

It took a while to roll enough low level gear for this, but it's good to have when I want to power level a character to test a build. 1-50 is much faster than 750-800

I've done this with five characters on my mule account so I can roll max level gear at the Purveyor, and a bunch on my main account, which has 3 slots I tend to create/delete troll alts or test builds on
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 12:51:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If I'm leveling a new character I'll throw a level 1 unyielding set on it and run it bloodied for the IN bonus, so it levels quickly. I also do Egg Head for the IN, and Berry Mentats if I have some.

The XP scaling for the lower level quest is designed around characters who have lower IN, and as soon as I can hit level 15 from the easy quest stuff I'll upgrade the gear to a level 15 Unyielding set and a Bloodied Handmade, and start terrorizing the high level areas. It goes quickly then.

It took a while to roll enough low level gear for this, but it's good to have when I want to power level a character to test a build. 1-50 is much faster than 750-800

I've done this with five characters on my mule account so I can roll max level gear at the Purveyor, and a bunch on my main account, which has 3 slots I tend to create/delete troll alts or test builds on
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

700 something.

I was just a freeloader. Join high level events (minus one where you can't hide worth shit), make sure I got one hit on the high level enemy, then run for cover as the others took him down.

I am like the FSA in Fo76.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 12:55:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I was just a freeloader. Join high level events (minus one where you can't hide worth shit), make sure I got one hit on the high level enemy, then run for cover as the others took him down.

View Quote
That's a perfectly reasonable method also.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 4:17:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Playing PC then?  I haven't quite figured it how to have additional players and be able to share in PS4 with only 1 game owned.  Wouldn't I need to own 2 on order to do that?    

Is this a good bloodied?  First thought is no cause it's a pipe pistol but never know.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 4:18:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

That actually sounds like a good plan if you're low level.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 4:52:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I leveled up a shit ton that way.  There are no level restrictions for public events (you know which ones they are, as they are free to fast travel too)

There is one that you are stuck inside with no place to hide, avoid that one. All others, get a high rate of fire gun and just spray till you connect, then wait for the other players to do the dirty work. Easy XP.  Higher event level,  the better.

Up till about level 50, you gotta grind. It's a pain, but it needs to be done.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 5:36:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Playing PC then?  I haven't quite figured it how to have additional players and be able to share in PS4 with only 1 game owned.  Wouldn't I need to own 2 on order to do that?    

Is this a good bloodied?  First thought is no cause it's a pipe pistol but never know.  

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/310783/20200522_151223_jpg-1427954.JPG
View Quote
I hold stuff for friends to switch characters a lot. People with F1 will often switch characters on private to pick up stuff they dropped (I do this with junk I intend to mule for later). I don't know what's possible with PS4, but it's tons easier on PC for sure.

Bloodied Pipe isn't terrible. The VATS cost = good, limb damage = meh. I use one for stuff not worth a 5.56 round sometimes, and people drop .38 like it causes cancer so it's cheap to feed. It's useful.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 9:37:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Do people still do that one event at Pharma something or another?  I have yet to do it and want to so I can get the cool stuff from it.  Lol

I started changing my level 175 to a bloodied build. Just need more bloodied weapons and unyielding armor
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 10:40:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Do people still do that one event at Pharma something or another?  I have yet to do it and want to so I can get the cool stuff from it.  Lol

I started changing my level 175 to a bloodied build. Just need more bloodied weapons and unyielding armor
View Quote
Project Paradise at Arktos Pharma? I heard it's a good event on PS4 servers, but on PC it seems to be hit or miss. We do it when we have three people in our group online, and I'll jump in if other players are already there, but I see it empty quite often. It's a great event in my opinion, but it takes a little coordination (spoken or otherwise) to get better rewards.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 11:12:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Did my trade and some testing. Legacy Gauss doesn't bypass Dense or Fireproof like Legacy Laser does, but it does seem to be a bit higher damage (about 100 after all perks/mutations, no buffs applied).

Traded nearly 10:1 for the thing, so while I guess I lost my shirt and a testicle, I at least came out with a bit of extra damage and much less weight on the weapon.

TL:DR standard Gauss is more than good enough.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 11:21:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Did my trade and some testing. Legacy Gauss doesn't bypass Dense or Fireproof like Legacy Laser does, but it does seem to be a bit higher damage (about 100 after all perks/mutations, no buffs applied).

Traded nearly 10:1 for the thing, so while I guess I lost my shirt and a testicle, I at least came out with a bit of extra damage and much less weight on the weapon.

View Quote

What's legacy gauss?
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 11:27:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Do NOT pass up weapons with this combo.

This is on my melee build, but I'm practically one hitting everything under level 50.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/23/2020 11:27:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 1:45:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

What's legacy gauss?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's legacy gauss?
Items that are considered legacy are items that used to drop, but are no longer in loot tables. Energy Weapons used to drop with Explosive as a Major Modifier, but that was changed last year, and won't drop as explosive anymore. Gauss is considered an Energy Weapon, same as lasers/plasma/radium. Harpoon Guns won't drop with explosive either, now. Legendary The Dragons are legacy also.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 12:43:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Project Paradise at Arktos Pharma? I heard it's a good event on PS4 servers, but on PC it seems to be hit or miss. We do it when we have three people in our group online, and I'll jump in if other players are already there, but I see it empty quite often. It's a great event in my opinion, but it takes a little coordination (spoken or otherwise) to get better rewards.
View Quote

Yea,  that one.  

Damn,  should have kept all my .38 for the pipe pistol.   Made it a .45 for now
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 1:00:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 1:50:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

What's this?
View Quote

Until server reset the morning of the 25th, there are special legendary mole miners running around the ash heap.  They drop plans that can only be found during this event, plus pretty much all of the taxidermy plans including the super rare stuff like the Gorilla and whatnot.

Think of it like them dropping loot boxes.  Miner's pail, dusty miner's pail, and ornate miner's pail.  You have a chance for everything in all of them, but higher chances from getting a dusty or ornate.  So far I've killed ~12 of them and have gotten mount plans.  Hoping for the unique stuff.

The unique ones to this event are:
Circus Cage Trailer
Insurgent Hat
Insurgent Outfit
Marine Armor Helmet
Radstag Hunting Knife
Safari Crocolossus Backpack
Treasure Hunter Outfit
Treasure Hunter Outfit Hat
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 1:51:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Btw, for shits and giggles, try out a chainsaw with the long bow and flamethrower mods.  They changed how damage works for them, so I'm running around murdering stuff in the ash heap with a chainsaw.  Buddy has his guy dressed up as Jason Vorhees doing it too.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 10:23:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Until server reset the morning of the 25th, there are special legendary mole miners running around the ash heap.  They drop plans that can only be found during this event, plus pretty much all of the taxidermy plans including the super rare stuff like the Gorilla and whatnot.

Think of it like them dropping loot boxes.  Miner's pail, dusty miner's pail, and ornate miner's pail.  You have a chance for everything in all of them, but higher chances from getting a dusty or ornate.  So far I've killed ~12 of them and have gotten mount plans.  Hoping for the unique stuff.

The unique ones to this event are:
Circus Cage Trailer
Insurgent Hat
Insurgent Outfit
Marine Armor Helmet
Radstag Hunting Knife
Safari Crocolossus Backpack
Treasure Hunter Outfit
Treasure Hunter Outfit Hat
View Quote

Interesting. I'll have to check those out
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 10:24:01 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Btw, for shits and giggles, try out a chainsaw with the long bow and flamethrower mods.  They changed how damage works for them, so I'm running around murdering stuff in the ash heap with a chainsaw.  Buddy has his guy dressed up as Jason Vorhees doing it too.
View Quote

Lmao!
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 2:40:19 PM EDT
[#40]
So, not a fan of this Treasure Hunter event. If I had caps left I would blow them all on pails and my opinion might change.

I know, stop being poor.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 3:36:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
So, not a fan of this Treasure Hunter event. If I had caps left I would blow them all on pails and my opinion might change.

I know, stop being poor.
View Quote

Eh, I throw 6k a week at smiley to get bullion. Almost have enough for the Secret Service chest + jet pack mod. Only needs AP to fly, no fusion cores. Chug stuff to regen AP and go nuts. Some guys on reddit were WWI dogfighting a SBQ that way Personally I’m after it to get into even weirder places than I can get to with marsupial.

But yeah, the event is kind of a pain in the ass. Hoping I have better luck tonight. Might boot up a private server and see what the spawns are like.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 3:40:18 PM EDT
[#42]
You know what the sad part is?

The armored backpack you get from the tadpole side of the quests gives you 90 DR.

A frigging backpack.

https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Backpack_
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 4:27:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Eh, I throw 6k a week at smiley to get bullion. Almost have enough for the Secret Service chest + jet pack mod. Only needs AP to fly, no fusion cores. Chug stuff to regen AP and go nuts. Some guys on reddit were WWI dogfighting a SBQ that way Personally I'm after it to get into even weirder places than I can get to with marsupial.

But yeah, the event is kind of a pain in the ass. Hoping I have better luck tonight. Might boot up a private server and see what the spawns are like.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know, stop being poor.

Eh, I throw 6k a week at smiley to get bullion. Almost have enough for the Secret Service chest + jet pack mod. Only needs AP to fly, no fusion cores. Chug stuff to regen AP and go nuts. Some guys on reddit were WWI dogfighting a SBQ that way Personally I'm after it to get into even weirder places than I can get to with marsupial.

My buddy and I were getting our shit pushed in during 2v4 on Saturday. Had just enough when Smiley reset to get my weekly Bullion, with 200 caps left over.

Probably lost 3k caps in 2 hours.

Once vendors work again I'll be rich, but that doesn't help me right now.

Did completely redo my build after yesterday's PvP. I squeezed every last drop out of it, but gear (and skill) are both still lacking. I was fine for the vast majority of players, but starting to get on some friends lists of the hardcore crowd, and we're lacking.

ETA - Evidently it works well enough to wreck a bunch of Tesla cucks. Didn't have OBS up, sadly, but they were mad. I'm at least 1k richer now.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 3:59:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Anyone else having issues with fast travel not working sometimes?
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 4:01:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Anyone else having issues with fast travel not working sometimes?
View Quote

Yeah. It’s a known thing.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 5:08:57 PM EDT
[#46]

Yeah, couldn't kill him regardless of what I shot or threw at him.

VATS has been funky this past patch.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 6:31:13 PM EDT
[#47]
So excited for fasnate to return today and they pushed it back because they fucked it
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 6:42:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Guess they better release a Todd Howard mask when it's back up
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 7:00:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/38790/20200525_162443-1432476.jpg

Yeah, couldn't kill him regardless of what I shot or threw at him.

VATS has been funky this past patch.
View Quote
This happens when energy weapons goo/ash the enemy, and they can't respawn correctly.

It's part of the long list of fixes that are long overdue. It's been happening forever.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 7:16:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yeah. It’s a known thing.
View Quote

Lol..... I'm finding I've missed a lot recently.  Just started playing again the last month.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top