[#2]
Seems anti armor guns got a huge buff
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 2:03:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Seems anti armor guns got a huge buff
View Quote
The enemy level scaling gives more DR to punch through. Previously we were doing so much damage there was no real reason to use AA.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 11:35:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I spent so much damn ammo last night.  that new ammo perk is going to be pretty much cancelled out with how much you ammo you're going to need for bosses....or just regular enemies.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 12:32:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I spent so much damn ammo last night.  that new ammo perk is going to be pretty much cancelled out with how much you ammo you're going to need for bosses....or just regular enemies.
View Quote
This probably isn't helpful advice, but I logged out with more ammo than I logged in with due to Daily Ops.

I did rank up Ammo Factory on my second character, and it's a pretty hefty increase. 90 rounds of 5.56 every time I hit the space bar is awesome.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 12:35:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Hardly noticed any difference in damage, but my weapons sucked anyways

Still able to kill a level 75 legendary scorchbeast before it can regen health at the half way point. The daily ops on the other hand, damn that thing. Spent an hour wandering around the Burrows looking for the uplink and never found it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 12:39:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I wasn't able to play last night.

Are magic weapons still working?
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 2:13:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This probably isn't helpful advice, but I logged out with more ammo than I logged in with due to Daily Ops.

I did rank up Ammo Factory on my second character, and it's a pretty hefty increase. 90 rounds of 5.56 every time I hit the space bar is awesome.
View Quote

yea, kinda being hyperbolic..

but I had 4K+ 2mm em and burned them all fighting Earle.  

i did see that you can craft 900 .50 and 5mm with that equipped.  might be worth making my heavies prime
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 6:54:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yep.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 11:30:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yep.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

I thought they had fixed magic weapons in PTS so expected that to carry over.  I haven't tried a heavy fast fire rate yet.

On the Magic shotguns they don't take out every enemy anymore, it appears to be more than just enemy scaling.  Before with no perks a magic combat shotgun would take out all common enemies except maybe only 90% health off a Legendary Super Mutant.  Even probably half of charred now require a second shot.  Anti-Armor with the magic bashing effect seem to be better than a instigating magic now, also its great for the Robots that have to be finished with melee because you can take out 95% of health with one vats shot then finish with a bash.  A anti-armor magic is more powerful than a instigating magic now though for sure.  I guess it would have be difficult to even tell before though.

Update has got to suck for the under 75s that have scaled enemies, less likely to have god weapons/armor.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 11:37:07 AM EDT
[#11]
My combat shotty seems to still be ok.  My Gauss shotty  too....

But last night was annoying.  killed Earle with a bunch of people and when I go  to the exit, the game crashes and I get no rewards.  wtf?  

ran a couple ops with randoms too.  we werent able to get the top rewards though.  i had a hard time with vault 94 cause I dont know the layout.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 11:47:48 AM EDT
[#12]
The update really changes my gameplay now.

No longer just one hitting enemies.

Was kinda shocked when I hit a level 100 super mutant with my instigating, +40% attack damage, +1 Strength pole hook while in full stealth mode (fuck china suit) & ninja card x3 damage - and he didn't die. Took off about 95% of his health though.

It did seem like I came across a lot more legendary enemies in the little I played last night too.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 12:17:22 PM EDT
[#13]
So, what legendary cards are worth the squeeze now?

As a stealth player with a suppressor.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 12:27:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Refer to Angry Turtle's doc:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IIDQjueD4x9ItvR-m8Rvcfzbypk0s6lnxqYFVnQ2mPA/edit#gid=0

I am taking the Ammo one and the rest just the Specials boost cards.

The Survival aid one may end up being the gem of them all, if you can just ignor the food/drink part of the game and only carry a tiny amount of chems.  If your needing to use weight reduction chems/food or food perks enhancment it would free that up.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 2:13:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'm using follow through and the special boost perks.

Rank 4: Ranged sneak damage increases damage to target by 40% for 60 seconds.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 2:35:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

I maxed out Ammo Factory first.  you get crazy amount of ammo with it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 10:28:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I thought they had fixed magic weapons in PTS so expected that to carry over.  I haven't tried a heavy fast fire rate yet.

On the Magic shotguns they don't take out every enemy anymore, it appears to be more than just enemy scaling.  Before with no perks a magic combat shotgun would take out all common enemies except maybe only 90% health off a Legendary Super Mutant.  Even probably half of charred now require a second shot.  Anti-Armor with the magic bashing effect seem to be better than a instigating magic now, also its great for the Robots that have to be finished with melee because you can take out 95% of health with one vats shot then finish with a bash.  A anti-armor magic is more powerful than a instigating magic now though for sure.  I guess it would have be difficult to even tell before though.

Update has got to suck for the under 75s that have scaled enemies, less likely to have god weapons/armor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

It seems whatever causes it is still present, but the scaling and damage calc changes are changing the way the bug presents or how effective it is. It wasn't fixed on the PTS in full that i recall, but those servers are generally less laggy than live servers, and the latency seems to be a part of the bug.

I haven't started a new character to see how it would fare, but at this point I'm far too familiar with the game to get the 1:1 experience a genuinely newer player would have.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 9:48:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It seems whatever causes it is still present, but the scaling and damage calc changes are changing the way the bug presents or how effective it is. It wasn't fixed on the PTS in full that i recall, but those servers are generally less laggy than live servers, and the latency seems to be a part of the bug.

I haven't started a new character to see how it would fare, but at this point I'm far too familiar with the game to get the 1:1 experience a genuinely newer player would have.
View Quote

I am on Xbox, had just seen in facebook groups that people in PTS it was patched and not experienced it myself.

Loaded out shot guns last night and explored some and even many common enemies are not one shot anymore.  In the dungeon with super mutants takes about 40% health off a common with 3 perk point (+30).   Game is more challenging now but don't like how daily ops are the the main thing that force you to heavy guns and power armor, I have literally zero PA, cores, and perk cards for this.  They are probably 4x more powerful (magic shotguns) so still viable though.  I will have to go through alts to find troubleshooter and mutant armor sets to make it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 3:04:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Did the daily op the past few days and noticed I wasnt getting any rare rewards despite completing in under 8 min.  then I saw a youtuber say that's bugged out and not giving them out.  ugh....

plus, we had an enemy spawn inside a wall.  eventually got it but cause us to miss the 8 min mark.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 1:51:32 AM EDT
[#20]
New character time. Planning this one so it won't feel like work.

No Legendary gear. No alt support. No... stash box usage. New update should make it interesting.

Terrible idea, but level 953 is getting boring.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 10:30:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Microsoft bought Bethesda.  wonder if that will actually give them the resources to test their code.  lol
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 11:20:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Microsoft bought Bethesda.  wonder if that will actually give them the resources to test their code.  lol
View Quote

No, it means that future updates to the game will brick your machine.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:35:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
New character time. Planning this one so it won't feel like work.

No Legendary gear. No alt support. No... stash box usage. New update should make it interesting.

Terrible idea, but level 953 is getting boring.
View Quote

Sounds.... harsh
Anytime I got bored in previous fallout games I'd do a playthrough as some random, weird setup. Like a big fat dude wearing a sequin dress using nothing but the suppressed Deliverer in FO4.

Quoted:
View Quote

Test their code, like the way they do their operating systems?

Quoted:
View Quote

Red Ring of Death, coming soon to PlayStation! And your PC, somehow!
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 1:43:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ha!!!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 3:22:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Sounds.... harsh
Anytime I got bored in previous fallout games I'd do a playthrough as some random, weird setup. Like a big fat dude wearing a sequin dress using nothing but the suppressed Deliverer in FO4.

View Quote
The difficulty change is becoming evident as it approaches mid 20's. Gameplay loop is a little different since we're sinking more materials, and steam rolling everything without bothering to think about it isn't as easy.

Wife and I decided on the objectives and rules;
Can't transfer anything from alts or friends.
Can't equip legendary perks in slots unlocked by alts. So level 50, 75, 100, 150, 200, 300 is when we can apply them (as if its the only character)
Stash use is okay, scrap box/survival tent can't be used.
No Legendary gear (so no magic weapons).
100% on private so random players can't carry us through events, or 'skip' trekking places by fast travelling to player vendors.
The primary objective is to complete every event or quest in the game with just the two of us, under these restrictions. This includes SBQ, ISS, and Earle, of course.

I guess we'll answer the question as to what is necessary; "git gud", or "git gud gear"
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 4:19:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Microsoft just bought all of Zenimax, including Bethesda, Arkane, id software, etc. Gonna be interesting.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 5:30:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Microsoft just bought all of Zenimax, including Bethesda, Arkane, id software, etc. Gonna be interesting.
View Quote
M$ buys Obsidian.
M$ buys inXile.
M$ buys BethSoft/ZeniMax

The old gang is all working for the new family.

Link Posted: 9/21/2020 5:40:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The difficulty change is becoming evident as it approaches mid 20's. Gameplay loop is a little different since we're sinking more materials, and steam rolling everything without bothering to think about it isn't as easy.

Can't equip legendary perks in slots unlocked by alts. So level 50, 75, 100, 150, 200, 300 is when we can apply them (as if its the only character)
100% on private so random players can't carry us through events, or 'skip' trekking places by fast travelling to player vendors.
The primary objective is to complete every event or quest in the game with just the two of us, under these restrictions. This includes SBQ, ISS, and Earle, of course.

I guess we'll answer the question as to what is necessary; "git gud", or "git gud gear"
View Quote

Almost seems reminiscent of survival mode from FO4.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 11:34:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A bit, but that's how I like to play 4. I know a lot of people don't like the thirst/hunger thing, but it was a big part of what I felt added more to both NV and 4 with Survival. I had modded that stuff into F3 previously.

I guess here it's an attempt at mitigating the effect of knowledge and familiarity with the game - artificial difficulty to give the new balance changes a spin around the block and see how it handles.

Logged off at levels 15 and 25 earlier, and had some rough patches tonight. Decided Hemlock would be helpful to supplement acid stores for gunpowder, and the defend event was 3 waves of Anglers. It was rough, I won't lie. Had we been legitimately new we would have been proper fucked. The next defend event was... Anglers again.

Those two events caused us to need a few more hours of scavving to keep up on ammo. My PvP buddy was on the private server with us grinding out some XP in areas we aren't using yet. If he had jumped in it would have been cake, but that's against the rules.

I've fought level 200 players and had an easier go at them than we did the Anglers.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 2:18:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Is it me or has Meat Week been less enthusiastic this time?  one server I was on, no one was doing anything for it.  had to server hop to find one with people doing it
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 2:38:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Is it me or has Meat Week been less enthusiastic this time?  one server I was on, no one was doing anything for it.  had to server hop to find one with people doing it
View Quote

Pretty significant lack of interest from what I've seen. I think it's a combination of the rewards being the same and the enemies being leveled much higher, making it far more difficult that the rewards justify. I did a few of them for the quick and "easy" treasury notes but after the 3rd wave of level 100 yao guai I was in full "fuck this shit" mode. The main meat week event with Grahm was the usual everybody on the server kinda deal. Got a really sweat anti armor rolling pin
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 4:52:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
I used to hop on every event that popped up on the server, but now I judge whether the event is worth the ammo I am going to expend in completing the event.  I loved line in the sand, radiation rumble, surface to air, and uranium fever, but now I almost never go to the events now.  I have to use so much ammo to complete the events that they are almost not worth it.  I don't even think about going into a colossal problem.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 11:20:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Didn't partake in Meat Week the last few times, not doing it this time either. Utterly hate that event.

I was really looking forward to the Halloween event this year. Nope.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 11:47:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I used to hop on every event that popped up on the server, but now I judge whether the event is worth the ammo I am going to expend in completing the event.  I loved line in the sand, radiation rumble, surface to air, and uranium fever, but now I almost never go to the events now.  I have to use so much ammo to complete the events that they are almost not worth it.  I don't even think about going into a colossal problem.
View Quote

yea, i'm burning through a lot of ammo doing these now.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 8:06:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Fallout 76 Project Lead Jeff Gardiner Talks Challenges, Hardships & Oblivion
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 8:08:09 PM EDT
[#36]

Cliff notes?
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 10:45:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Cliff notes?
View All Quotes
Nope
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 11:11:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Nope
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 11:25:04 AM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes

I dont got time for that.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 11:45:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's nothing new or groundbreaking, just some insight into the development process.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 12:07:56 PM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes

-Enemies level to the individual player. I.E. the level 100 super mutant that whopping my ass isn't having the same effect on the level 25 player that's standing right next to me.
-Changing the survival system so that its more of a reward system. Due in update this winter. I.E. Not penalized for being hungry/thirsty, you just lose buff that you would otherwise have. (no idea what buffs he's referring to)
-Not actively pursuing changes for next gen consoles, may consider it in the future.
- Brotherhood event a one and done event.
-Building a New game + system
-Working on a perk loadout system, coming next year.
-50% of their ideas come from reading comments on reddit, youtube comments, etc.
-Instanced camp build system coming
-They use AWS as a host
-Adding weapons and armor is winter update
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 12:21:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

-Enemies level to the individual player. I.E. the level 100 super mutant that whopping my ass isn't having the same effect on the level 25 player that's standing right next to me.
-Changing the survival system so that its more of a reward system. Due in update this winter. I.E. Not penalized for being hungry/thirsty, you just lose buff that you would otherwise have. (no idea what buffs he's referring to)
-Not actively pursuing changes for next gen consoles, may consider it in the future.
-50% of their ideas come from reading comments on reddit, youtube comments, etc.
-They use AWS as a host
View All Quotes
Quoted:

-They use AWS as a host
Well Fed is like +25 Max HP, Well Hydrated is AP refresh.

Nearly all of that has been known and discussed for a while though. The interesting bits were how different teams work on different branches of a build and the dev cycles for content often overlap or get pushed up or down in the release schedule. Makes a lot of sense how fixed bugs get reintroduced, and definitely confirms it's a workflow/version control issue.

Also, Perk Packs for Bullion was mentioned, as well as PvP stuff next year.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 1:05:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Right, so no change for me there then

Quoted:
Nearly all of that has been known and discussed for a while though. The interesting bits were how different teams work on different branches of a build and the dev cycles for content often overlap or get pushed up or down in the release schedule. Makes a lot of sense how fixed bugs get reintroduced, and definitely confirms it's a workflow/version control issue.

As a filthy casual, all of that was new to me. The insight into how the teams worked was nice, but having a past in project management I was kinda familiar with that.

Quoted:
Also, Perk Packs for Bullion was mentioned, as well as PvP stuff next year.

That caught my attention. Not the perk packs thing, but the PvP. I've kinda avoided it since I spent so much time working on getting squared away at doing just the base game stuff I couldn't work up the interest in figuring out how to setup for being capable in PvP.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 2:15:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Right, so no change for me there then

As a filthy casual, all of that was new to me. The insight into how the teams worked was nice, but having a past in project management I was kinda familiar with that.

That caught my attention. Not the perk packs thing, but the PvP. I've kinda avoided it since I spent so much time working on getting squared away at doing just the base game stuff I couldn't work up the interest in figuring out how to setup for being capable in PvP.
View Quote
The difference with the food/drink is that you dont get a bloodied AP bar if you let them get low. It makes sense from a design standpoint.

The project management experience gives you a little insight that some don't have. Their devs get raked over the coals and accused of not knowing what they're doing, but it might often be about not knowing what others are doing.

Some of the discussion about QA challenges was interesting also. Not excusing bugs or problems, but I am giving a little leeway given the nature of the game being so far out of their niche.

As far as the PvP stuff, I know it isn't on everyone's To Do list so I was just happy to see that it even made it out of committee. I just hope it's not fucked up conceptually and made worse by crying food builds who don't want anything to do with it to begin with.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 4:12:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
It's nothing new or groundbreaking, just some insight into the development process.
View Quote

yea, I listen to some of it.  as a developer, it's kinda cool hearing about their process.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 9:26:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Ricochet perk + Vampire weapon = lulz

When ricochet procs you get healing. This is my new favorite thing
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 12:19:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Shit, I'll have to try that.   I have a .50 VE.  It's fun but I keep killing myself on close enemies
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 2:20:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Shit, I'll have to try that.   I have a .50 VE.  It's fun but I keep killing myself on close enemies
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Power Armor?

2 ranks of Fireproof (Endurance) should be enough to protect yourself against splash. If regular armor you can run padded or dense mod on the chest piece and get the same result.

Just note that Fireproof and Dense/Padded together don't really stack, so one or the other.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 4:02:37 AM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

I've been running the DO for about 3 hours straight now with a Vampire/Fire Rate Railway... this is a crazy good way to farm Legendaries, stims, and ammo. The Railway is basically a 1-2 shot kill, and 4-12 spikes in return. I was so heavy I had to stop looting them after. Plus side is Im getting pretty good at free aiming a Railway with an auto receiver.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 7:32:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Power Armor?

2 ranks of Fireproof (Endurance) should be enough to protect yourself against splash. If regular armor you can run padded or dense mod on the chest piece and get the same result.

Just note that Fireproof and Dense/Padded together don't really stack, so one or the other.
View Quote

Normal armor.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top