Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 12:36:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hopefully they fix the game by the time it’s released on stream. After watching streams and seeing it on a buddies console, the game obviously needed another 6 months.
View Quote
Really?  I'm having a blast playing it and haven't had any problems.

Unlike FO76 which I finally gave up on.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 1:13:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven't really come across any issues either
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 1:34:57 PM EDT
[#3]
No real issues either.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 3:37:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Well for one the PC version is not optimized very well at all.  Lot of performance issues there.  The consoles suffer from laggy menus, but they may have fixed that in an update. I haven’t seen the game played in the past week.

General consensus last week was that the game felt rushed.  Metacritic user score is setting around 5.x out of 10. No one mentions epic store, just performance issues.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:17:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well for one the PC version is not optimized very well at all.  Lot of performance issues there. The consoles suffer from laggy menus, but they may have fixed that in an update. I haven’t seen the game played in the past week.

General consensus last week was that the game felt rushed.  Metacritic user score is setting around 5.x out of 10. No one mentions epic store, just performance issues.
View Quote
Weird, not my experience at all and I'm using an older laptop.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:47:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Weird, not my experience at all and I'm using an older laptop.
View Quote
I had my vault wiped out pretty early on.. lvl 20ish. That was an issue on all platforms due to save files. Theres 6 people in our group that play on pc and we've had a few crashes that have had the bug report screen pop up, and the game doesn't like SLI, I disable it to play but that's more of a Nvidia problem than the game itself. I've got one friend that I'm convinced he's stealing wifi or has ghettonet because it's a laggy mess to join his game.

Other than my vault getting wiped  everything I've encountered has been more of a "let's see if we can find something to bitch about" rather than a serious issue. I can't think of too many games that didn't hit a few speed bumps after launch and so far I've had a damn good time with it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 10:45:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 1:04:14 PM EDT
[#8]
An update to Borderlands 3 is going out today by or before 3:00 PM PDT that fixes a number of reported concerns.

https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/borderlands-3-update-9-26-2019-patch-notes/3655673

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 4:35:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Level 32 here.  Just got to the Penn and Teller boss last night.  Kicked my ass solo, so I went to bed.

My son is pissed. He paid $100 of his hard earned lawn mowing money, and the game plays like shit on the pc. My wife is a pc gamer, and she says it's not a problem with the pc, but the game. Guess it pays to be a dirty console peasant.
View Quote
Played from about 5 am till 1 PM today.. no problems.

Edit:
The first time I did that fight I wanted to put my fist through the screen. You have to stay pretty mobile and tickle the crit spots. Anything Jakobs or Hyperion smgs with crit damage boost is a nerve saver. Once it goes into damage phase after you take out all the red packs, it goes down super quick.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 4:38:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
An update to Borderlands 3 is going out today by or before 3:00 PM PDT that fixes a number of reported concerns.

https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/borderlands-3-update-9-26-2019-patch-notes/3655673

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
R.I.P.  porcelain pipe bomb. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 5:37:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Level 32 here.  Just got to the Penn and Teller boss last night.  Kicked my ass solo, so I went to bed.

My son is pissed. He paid $100 of his hard earned lawn mowing money, and the game plays like shit on the pc. My wife is a pc gamer, and she says it's not a problem with the pc, but the game. Guess it pays to be a dirty console peasant.
View Quote
what has he done in terms of changing graphics settings?

the fog is a resource monster. playing with a 2080ti and i have to turn it down to medium to get a huge FPS boost.

once i did that, it's running great.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 11:52:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Allegedly the first round of performance improvements was in a patch today. I haven't tried it yet but I agree the performance has been not great. I know for a fact that turning off volumetric fog was a huge boost to performance for me and supposedly turning off social notifications is a decent boost too. I mean, I don't get hung up on pc vs console shit as I play on everything, but if you look around you'll notice performance is pretty horrible on console as well.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 2:15:53 AM EDT
[#13]
For djsmiles or anyone else having PC performance issues, this reddit post helped out a lot on my system. I have an RX590 which is the recommended GPU for 1440p but even using the High preset and turning off volumetric fog I was getting a pretty variable 40-60 FPS. With these settings I'm staying high 50s to a steady 60 and it looks better. I kept Anti-Aliasing enabled, other than that I used these:

- Graphics settings: Graphics API - DIRECTX 12 (again, DX 11 will cause stutters and lower framerates; Claptrap will dance for 5-10 minutes the first time you load DX 12, but it is WORTH IT)
- Overall Quality - Ultra (making this lower will affect texture resolution greatly)
- Anti-Aliasing - None (minor jaggies on 4K but crisper detail overall)
- Fidelity Sharpening - On (doesn't affect performance)
- Camera and Object Motion Blur - Off
- Texture Streaming - High (setting this to Ultra will cause issues while on vehicles and will cause random hitching)
- Anistropic Filtering - 16x
- Material Complexity - LOW (this is probably the MOST important setting because setting this anything higher will cause drops when blood, gore, and any elemental effects fill your screen; the difference between the settings is hardly noticeable, but this MUST be set to low for no hitching during heavy combat or even just a melee where blood fills your screen)
- Shadows to Character detail - Ultra
- Ambient Occlusion - Low (slight boost to framerate and negligible difference from Low to Ultra)
- Volumetric Fog and Screen Space Reflections MUST BE SET TO OFF. Outside of material complexity, these two settings are the biggest culprits in maintaining a locked 60 FPS. The volumetric fog effects are mainly used on just one planet, and the screen space reflections aren't that well implemented anyway.

https://www.reddit.com/r/borderlands3/comments/d580p8/psa_how_to_get_a_locked_60_fps_on_pc/
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 2:33:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Borderlands 3 Hot Fixes [9/27/2019]

A hot fix is automatically applied at the Main Menu when Borderlands 3 is connected to the internet. In general, hot fixes are used to temporarily address issues between major updates. Hot fixes are not permanent – they are temporarily stored in memory during the game session and lost upon exiting Borderlands 3. To ensure that you receive hot fixes, make sure that your system is connected to the internet when Borderlands 3 boots up and hang out on the Menu screen for a minute.

The hotfix will be live at or before 3pm PT today, September 27th.

This week’s hot fixes target weapon & enemy balance, player characters, and adjusting chances of specific unique drops. Billions of guns were fired and after collecting some data, we wanted to balance some weapon types and weapon manufacturers. These adjustments are intended to even the playing field and increase build diversity for all Vault Hunters. Speaking of build diversity, Zane has received a gadget upgrade and we’re excited to see players create more unique builds with him! Many Crew Challenge enemies have specific loot drops but we received reports that some were not dropping them. We have made some modifications so they now have an increased chance of dropping their unique gear in addition to any other gear that may drop!

https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/borderlands-3-hot-fixes-9-27-2019/3675684
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 10:06:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 10:49:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
For djsmiles or anyone else having PC performance issues, this reddit post helped out a lot on my system. I have an RX590 which is the recommended GPU for 1440p but even using the High preset and turning off volumetric fog I was getting a pretty variable 40-60 FPS. With these settings I'm staying high 50s to a steady 60 and it looks better. I kept Anti-Aliasing enabled, other than that I used these:

- Graphics settings: Graphics API - DIRECTX 12 (again, DX 11 will cause stutters and lower framerates; Claptrap will dance for 5-10 minutes the first time you load DX 12, but it is WORTH IT)
- Overall Quality - Ultra (making this lower will affect texture resolution greatly)
- Anti-Aliasing - None (minor jaggies on 4K but crisper detail overall)
- Fidelity Sharpening - On (doesn't affect performance)
- Camera and Object Motion Blur - Off
- Texture Streaming - High (setting this to Ultra will cause issues while on vehicles and will cause random hitching)
- Anistropic Filtering - 16x
- Material Complexity - LOW (this is probably the MOST important setting because setting this anything higher will cause drops when blood, gore, and any elemental effects fill your screen; the difference between the settings is hardly noticeable, but this MUST be set to low for no hitching during heavy combat or even just a melee where blood fills your screen)
- Shadows to Character detail - Ultra
- Ambient Occlusion - Low (slight boost to framerate and negligible difference from Low to Ultra)
- Volumetric Fog and Screen Space Reflections MUST BE SET TO OFF. Outside of material complexity, these two settings are the biggest culprits in maintaining a locked 60 FPS. The volumetric fog effects are mainly used on just one planet, and the screen space reflections aren't that well implemented anyway.

https://www.reddit.com/r/borderlands3/comments/d580p8/psa_how_to_get_a_locked_60_fps_on_pc/
View Quote
Thanks, these settings helped out quite a good bit. Seems like it's just terribly unoptimized for multicore/thread. A buddy and I get near identical framrates, I'm on a ryzen 1600/gtx1080 and he's on a ryzen 2600/gtx2080 and we both struggle for 60fps even with medium settings and what not. Another guy in the squad has a 9900k and a 2080 and has an almost locked 140 i guess. Everybody is playing at 1440p. Obviously the intel CPU is a lot nicer (and more expensive), but there are games running twice as well that are twice as demanding so it's pretty frustrating.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 2:36:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Thanks, these settings helped out quite a good bit. Seems like it's just terribly unoptimized for multicore/thread. A buddy and I get near identical framrates, I'm on a ryzen 1600/gtx1080 and he's on a ryzen 2600/gtx2080 and we both struggle for 60fps even with medium settings and what not. Another guy in the squad has a 9900k and a 2080 and has an almost locked 140 i guess. Everybody is playing at 1440p. Obviously the intel CPU is a lot nicer (and more expensive), but there are games running twice as well that are twice as demanding so it's pretty frustrating.
View Quote
Funny since it was developed with AMD.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 7:55:04 AM EDT
[#18]
The Weapon Audio of Borderlands 3
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 3:26:03 PM EDT
[#19]
I live around the corner from Gearbox.

they never asked me for guns.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 11:02:06 PM EDT
[#20]
They've got sounds from my m203, Barrett, uzi, m16 and a bunch of suppressed stuff of mine recorded. Went out with their sound engineer once, was pretty cool.

i think the audio guy uploaded a bunch of video to YouTube, but it might have been set to private.
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 7:14:51 AM EDT
[#21]
View Quote
I'm just glad they didn't take out the Iridium farming spots.
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 7:46:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Intesting post from reddit for the Zane players out there...

I tested every single one of Zane’s skills and these do not work as advertised
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 6:10:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'm just glad they didn't take out the Iridium farming spots.
View Quote
They've actually been pretty generous with it. I've bought all the trinkets and most of the siren and operative heads and skins. I'm glad we don't have to use it to buy SDU's.
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 6:15:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
They've actually been pretty generous with it. I've bought all the trinkets and most of the siren and operative heads and skins. I'm glad we don't have to use it to buy SDU's.
View Quote
I got just over 1,400 this morning.
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 6:34:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Intesting post from reddit for the Zane players out there...
View Quote
Yeesh. Go figure I am a Zane build and was going for Double Barrel. May explain why some things feel pretty "bland" even though I am filling up the skill tree for DigiClone and a little SNTL.

Another thing that seems bland is LOOT. You wade through hundreds of bodies you took down, a couple greens and blues. Every chest and portashitter you open in the wild, greens and blues.

Take down a boss, greens and some blues. Got in to my first vault, was excited to maybe get an orange to carry me a couple levels...NOPE. Greens and blues. Not even a token purple rocket launcher or non-Zane class mod to really twist the knife.

Purples I am running with are quest rewards or from vendors.
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 8:47:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 2:30:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Here is the bosses and locations for this months Celebration.

• Mouthpiece: Has an increased chance to drop Gatling Gun | Ascension Bluff, Holy Broadcast Center

KillaVolt: Has an increased chance to drop Brainstormer | Promethea, Lectra City

Gigamind: Has an increased chance to drop Nagata | Promethea, Meridian Metroplex

Katagawa Ball: Has an increased chance to drop Rectifier | Promethea, Skywell-27

Katagawa Jr.: Has an increased chance to drop Legendary class mods (all Vault Hunters)| Promethea, Atlas HQ

Rampager: Has an increased chance to drop Kill-o'-the-Wisp | Promethea, The Forgotten Basilica

Warden: Has an increased chance to drop Echo | Eden-6, The Anvil

GenIVIV: Has an increased chance to drop Ten Gallon | Eden-6, Voracious Canopy

Aurelia: Has an increased chance to drop Creeping Death | Eden-6, Blackbarrel Cellars

The Graveward: Has an increased chance to drop Earworm | Eden-6, The Floating Tomb

The Agonizer 9000 / Pain and Terror: Have an increased chance to drop Legendary class mods (all Vault Hunters) | Pandora, Guts of Carnivora

Troy: Has an increased chance to drop Nova Berner | Pandora, The Great Vault

Tyreen: Has an increased chance to drop Bitch | Pandora, Destroyer's Rift
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 6:40:25 PM EDT
[#28]
If anyone is on Xbox and wants to group up for some boss farming or whatever my ID is RealCrescent841
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 7:51:46 PM EDT
[#29]
made it to katagawa ball at level 20. cant beat that bastard.backtracking to finish map clears for exp and hopefully  better gear.

i would group but im on ps4.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:46:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
made it to katagawa ball at level 20. cant beat that bastard.backtracking to finish map clears for exp and hopefully  better gear.

View Quote
If you dont get lucky and get a good legendary drop, a blue or purple Torgue rocket launcher with sticky bombs takes it out pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 1:30:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
That was a tough one, if you couldn't get through the armor and burn the shield fast enough.  If you have a leveled corrosive weapon to burn the yellow armor down, then flip to a shock weapon for the shield that is the strategy (if you aren't doing that already).

Shooting the rocket launchers on the sides also disables them for a bit.

I believe in the patch notes from yesterday they also stopped the shield regen which was a PITA if you went to deal with the adds.

They also reduced the health of a boss you will encounter in the future by 25%, which is nice since that fight was looooong.
Link Posted: 10/20/2019 1:54:34 PM EDT
[#32]
What’s the best way to power level? Made it to level 50 with Moze and wrapping up last 3 chapters on TVHM. Want to just power level the others and start going into mayham modes moving forward
Link Posted: 10/20/2019 5:17:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
What’s the best way to power level? Made it to level 50 with Moze and wrapping up last 3 chapters on TVHM. Want to just power level the others and start going into mayham modes moving forward
View Quote
I played through on Fl4k and did very few side quests, left all the claptraps, Typhon logs, High Value Targets (the bad asses you kill for Zero), creature kills for Hammerlock and the vehicle hijacks. Finished the campaign at lvl 35 and got to 50 pretty quickly going back and doing all the stuff I left behind on Mayhem 1 and Mayhem 2 settings. I'm on PC, if you're on console I dunno if you can even turn Mayhem on until you beat it in TVHM.
Link Posted: 10/21/2019 8:18:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I played through on Fl4k and did very few side quests, left all the claptraps, Typhon logs, High Value Targets (the bad asses you kill for Zero), creature kills for Hammerlock and the vehicle hijacks. Finished the campaign at lvl 35 and got to 50 pretty quickly going back and doing all the stuff I left behind on Mayhem 1 and Mayhem 2 settings. I'm on PC, if you're on console I dunno if you can even turn Mayhem on until you beat it in TVHM.
View Quote
You can turn mayhem on after beating it in regular mode on console. I went for TVHM instead for the challenge but honestly sticking with mayhem is the way I would go looking back.

What I meant by power leveling is using one character (lvl 50) to quickly boost the xp of an alternate character
Link Posted: 10/21/2019 9:29:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You can turn mayhem on after beating it in regular mode on console. I went for TVHM instead for the challenge but honestly sticking with mayhem is the way I would go looking back.

What I meant by power leveling is using one character (lvl 50) to quickly boost the xp of an alternate character
View Quote
Gotcha.. I dunno.. You can't swap weapons to the lower character because they're level locked. Maybe have a friend with a high level character and jump in their game with coopetition turned on and chill while they kill stuff. Thats how we did it in BL2.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 9:25:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Started off great, had a blast playing end game with a couple buddies. Spent untold hours farming weapons to get the perfect moze build. Then gearbox decided to nerf the ever living crap out of the best moze builds. They need to stop micromanaging and let borderlands 3 be a borderlands game, not destiny
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 7:22:07 PM EDT
[#37]
It’s free weekend for the game. I downloaded and glad I didn’t buy it. The amount of input lag is fucking stupid. How the hell have they not fixed this by now?
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 11:47:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Started off great, had a blast playing end game with a couple buddies. Spent untold hours farming weapons to get the perfect moze build. Then gearbox decided to nerf the ever living crap out of the best moze builds. They need to stop micromanaging and let borderlands 3 be a borderlands game, not destiny
View Quote
That is the same shit they did in BL2.   They simply cannot keep their nose out of the single player side of things.

People didnt have to use the Evil Smasher but it was there in BL2.

People didnt have to use the porcelian pipe bomb but it was there in BL3.

Neither needed fixing.
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 11:54:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Played on my xbox one and loved how fluid it felt compared to BL2. However as I suck at consoles I couldn't get very far.

Waiting on Steam so I can buy this and give it some proper love!
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 10:44:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Played on my xbox one and loved how fluid it felt compared to BL2. However as I suck at consoles I couldn't get very far.

Waiting on Steam so I can buy this and give it some proper love!
View Quote
It looks great on pc. The gunplay is phenomenal compared to BL2.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 2:04:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

That is the same shit they did in BL2.   They simply cannot keep their nose out of the single player side of things.

People didnt have to use the Evil Smasher but it was there in BL2.

People didnt have to use the porcelian pipe bomb but it was there in BL3.

Neither needed fixing.
View Quote
I came to Borderlands YEARS late.  What did I miss in the Evil Smasher?
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 2:12:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
It had a random damage multiplier thing that had to do with the reloaded magazine size which would be random.   There was a specific moment during the reloading that you could switch weapons and it would apply the damage multuplier to any other gun you had.

Where it got crazy is that you could reapply the damage buff over and over.   If you spent a minute of spamming it you could turn an ordinary infinity pistol into a laser beam.

If you wore the bee shield it would be even more impressive.

I am talking like 1500rpm fire rate with each hullet doing 100k+ damage points.    It made farming bosses possible because you could melt them in no time.    The game would actually bog down while trying to process the damage totals.

Idiots who like to pub were responsible for ruining it.

There was a sorta similar damage hack with the grog nozzle as well from the Tiny Tina expansion.   You could solo all the content with the grog nozzle if you did it right.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 1:16:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
You missed 2 or 3 cheesy, broken combos that got fixed to keep people from steamrolling the game (not like ANY others EVER existed) which apparently hurt a few feelz.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 1:26:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You missed 2 or 3 cheesy, broken combos that got fixed to keep people from steamrolling the game (not like ANY others EVER existed) which apparently hurt a few feelz.
View Quote
Game was better with that cheese than without.

Face it, I wouldnt want you playing with me any sooner than you would want to play with me.

The two camps of thought on the matter were pretty decent at self segregating.

The white knight "spirit of the game" complainers can hang themselves in from the floor joists of their parent's basement for all I care.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 1:31:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 2:54:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Anybody know if you can hook up a keyboard and mouse to the Xbox One version and play like a PC?
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 9:38:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

It had a random damage multiplier thing that had to do with the reloaded magazine size which would be random.   There was a specific moment during the reloading that you could switch weapons and it would apply the damage multuplier to any other gun you had.

Where it got crazy is that you could reapply the damage buff over and over.   If you spent a minute of spamming it you could turn an ordinary infinity pistol into a laser beam.

If you wore the bee shield it would be even more impressive.

I am talking like 1500rpm fire rate with each hullet doing 100k+ damage points.    It made farming bosses possible because you could melt them in no time.    The game would actually bog down while trying to process the damage totals.

Idiots who like to pub were responsible for ruining it.

There was a sorta similar damage hack with the grog nozzle as well from the Tiny Tina expansion.   You could solo all the content with the grog nozzle if you did it right.
View Quote
Wait, people are up in arms over a bug fix?  I thought it was a gun or feature they nerfed/removed the way it was being talked about.
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 8:08:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Wait, people are up in arms over a bug fix?  I thought it was a gun or feature they nerfed/removed the way it was being talked about.
View Quote
Naw.. thats Destiny you're thinking about.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 11:50:20 AM EDT
[#49]
Anyone playing on xbone?  I picked it up on sale at Best Buy over the holidays and put a couple hours into it so far.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 2:43:03 PM EDT
[#50]
finally started seriously playing . beat the game this week and been playing coop with my kids. found out i get guardian exp on my level 12 while playing coop.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top