Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 9:34:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I am 100% addicted. Though I probably spend more time in inventory management than actually doing raids

Getting to lvl 3 Peacekeeper is a huge help. I can finally afford to use ARs, like god intended. You can also buy and resell ammo from him and basically make your own ammo free >.>

Ragman lvl 3 is also a big boost. There are a handful of good plate carriers that you can trade for around 60k worth of barter items, and then get your money back on the market from selling them damaged.

There are some gameplay mechanics that annoy me. Sprinting and jumping are super arcadey and needs an overhaul. The ability to make recoil-less full auto guns is dumb. Getting shot at 10 seconds after spawning as a PMC sucks. Items should automatically stack in your inventory.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 1:15:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Finally got my group playing today.  Had some great runs including a scav run where we both had to walk crippled accross the map (woods) with our ill-gotten gains.  Had a big firefight at the lumbermill that killed 2 of us.  Found 2 bodies, not sure if there were others.  Buddy and I proceeded and engaged 2 PMC's near Scav House, killed 1, other scooted off somewhere.  Both of us had shot out legs and down to 4 mins with our extract being outskirts.  Heard some more shooting in the area but we ignored it and focused on extract and somehow made it.  I extracted with 25secs left on the clock, buddy got to extract with 7 secs left!  The loot wasn't all that great, I got a Kedr, Adar, and my 870 that I spawned with, along with a couple of keys out.  Buddy got an SKS with a can of some sort and an SA58.  Good times
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 6:11:01 PM EDT
[#3]
When you're a neckbeard, even in Tarkov

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 8:17:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Just bought after doing some research and watching videos.
Waiting for the installer to behave so I can install it!
Not the bestest but I'll be happy to run with some of ya'll once this downloads
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 8:39:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When you're a neckbeard, even in Tarkov

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/376372/995_png-1236822.JPG
View Quote
My god...

How much money is that in just ammo?  Holy shit lol  
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 12:52:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Guys I have a confession... The AK-74 with the Troy battle rail looks hot. I'm sorry

Link Posted: 1/17/2020 12:53:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

My god...

View Quote
1000 rubles a round

Unless I fucked up the math (very possible), that's around 12 million commie dollars in ammo >.>
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 1:31:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Guys I have a confession... The AK-74 with the Troy battle rail looks hot. I'm sorry

https://i.imgur.com/pKFIVBs.png
View Quote
It is difficult to make the argument to use anything AR other than the AK74M early game to me. The AK105 works well for a better CQB version of the same thing.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 1:34:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It is difficult to make the argument to use anything AR other than the AK74M early game to me. The AK105 works well for a better CQB version of the same thing.
View Quote
Yeah, you find them all over the place. The only problem is getting decent ammo for them.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 11:20:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
1000 rubles a round

Unless I fucked up the math (very possible), that's around 12 million commie dollars in ammo >.>
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My god...

1000 rubles a round

You're right.  I have to admit that I bought 3 of those full cases back when it was $3.4/rd (360 commie dollars).  It's kind of broken how they just randomly change things during the wipes.  I started using the AS VAL instead of the HK so I haven't been burning 995 much at all.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 11:28:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

1000 rubles a round

View Quote
I thought they were 1k a round, that's crazy lol.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 8:15:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Still doing pretty well considering I started this game 30 days ago !

Link Posted: 1/20/2020 8:17:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Still doing pretty well considering I started this game 30 days ago !

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb470/Shungito/D504A5AB-1EF0-4665-A42D-A24C42C5DF68_zpsqya4lb9j.jpg

View Quote
When you go to the overall tab, what is your stash worth overall?
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 9:04:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Alert!

I was just hit with 2 errors that crashed me to the main screen and caused me to loose everything in my PMC inventory. Not sure whats going on tonight.

Submitted a bug ticket.

Hopefully no one else has this issue. Good luck!

Link Posted: 1/21/2020 1:33:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Alert!

I was just hit with 2 errors that crashed me to the main screen and caused me to loose everything in my PMC inventory. Not sure whats going on tonight.

Submitted a bug ticket.

View Quote
Maybe a restart will fix it? I've had insurance items disappear after an error, and restarting got them back
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 11:29:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Tried a restart. All items are gone. Happened twice last night.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 3:19:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

When you go to the overall tab, what is your stash worth overall?
View Quote
43 millions
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 12:14:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Alert!

Submitted a bug ticket.

View Quote
Oh maybe this is why the servers are down....  
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 12:18:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 1:50:25 AM EDT
[#20]
If they would actually put money into the servers this wouldn't be an issue. Maybe do something about the people using scripts on the fleamarket to make the average player experience more enjoyable while reducing server load at the same time. Stop with the YouTube series and make the game you are promoting actually work.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 6:24:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

If they would actually put money into the servers this wouldn't be an issue. Maybe do something about the people using scripts on the fleamarket to make the average player experience more enjoyable while reducing server load at the same time. Stop with the YouTube series and make the game you are promoting actually work.
View Quote
Agree with all of this. Desync are bad as well
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 1:53:15 PM EDT
[#22]
They mentioned another twitch drop session is upcoming...

The last one about killed the game.

I hope they get it fixed asap.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 10:31:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Jesus. Fix your shit first. The game will be unplayable if they get another influx of players. Then those people will demand refunds when it's impossible to actually get into a game.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 1:30:57 AM EDT
[#24]
ive spent the last 2 days trying to play. I give up. someone PM me when it becomes playable again.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 2:22:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Thankfully I'm night shift and play all night on my last day off. Get normal-ish queue times at 3 am :D
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 10:36:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Jesus. Fix your shit first. The game will be unplayable if they get another influx of players. Then those people will demand refunds when it's impossible to actually get into a game.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That isn't how they operate and is why this game goes through cycles of being popular.  I've been playing only this game for over a year and there have been stutter/dsync issues since I picked it up.  The matching problem is definitely one that is at an all time bad for being mid-wipe.  Generally every time they make a large update to the game it is nearly unplayable for a few days to a week because of the player influx.

Over time they will adjust and things will get better, but it won't be quick.  Here is what Nikita posted two days back about this:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 3:13:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
ive spent the last 2 days trying to play. I give up. someone PM me when it becomes playable again.
View Quote
Yeah, my group waited 28 mins on customs before giving up for the night.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 6:07:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yeah, my group waited 28 mins on customs before giving up for the night.
View Quote
Ya I just waited for 20 minutes to do a scav run on Reserve. Finally got in, then with like 9 minutes left in the game I had a silenced P90 with eotech, an AVS and can't remember which nice backpack. Disconnected and I couldn't reconnect.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 6:54:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Servers appear to down :(
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 7:03:13 PM EDT
[#30]
I have given up playing this game on the weekends.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 9:48:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I have given up playing this game on the weekends.
View Quote
They are back up now.

Game has way outgrown their expectations I think.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 10:48:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Servers has been pretty good tonight, at most 5 minute queue time it seems.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 1:17:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Servers has been pretty good tonight, at most 5 minute queue time it seems.
View Quote
Yeah...not bad. My first wait was almost 20 minutes but it's been 5 or less since. Just wish I could extract and get a win for once...on one hell of a losing streak. Gotta get on with you guys here sometime...I need some help!!! LOL
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 1:30:12 AM EDT
[#34]
had a good one today. did a skav run on reserve, waited out the timer and looted corpse like the rat I am, had less than a minute left and heard player footsteps. tried to wait them out but they didnt leave, so I made a break for it, well so did they, and they beat me to the extract. I hoped they didnt want to fight with less than 20 seconds left but as I ran up they opened fire, I returned with my PP91, not sure if I got one or not but he dropped out of sight. I ran for the exit while the other guy chased me. I proned in the exit and he was coming in quick. I made it out within a second or two of him getting me. Time was single digits at that point. I wonder if he even made it out.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 1:58:39 AM EDT
[#35]
I think they did something to the match making. PMC rounds seem shorter and lately as scav I've only had 10 minute rounds to get out.

My war story or the day is me and a couple of buddies were on  shoreline. We were  looting admin building and a guy popped my friend. he came into the door way me and the other guy were watching. He killed my other friend after i opened fire on him. we were doing a pistol run i might add so i just had a surpressed glock with a 50 round mag.. I thought i heard him healing up so i charged him. Turned out i popped up behind his buddy that was patrolling that hall. I started unloading into his back and he ran back down to the past the first guy presumably yelling "Help me daddy! help me!. and when he turned to face me i managed to kill him with my last pistol round. The first guy executed me before i could even think about turning around. Only way i knew it was my last round that killed the guy was the stat screen afterward.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 4:20:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
had a good one today. did a skav run on reserve, waited out the timer and looted corpse like the rat I am, had less than a minute left and heard player footsteps. tried to wait them out but they didnt leave, so I made a break for it, well so did they, and they beat me to the extract. I hoped they didnt want to fight with less than 20 seconds left but as I ran up they opened fire, I returned with my PP91, not sure if I got one or not but he dropped out of sight. I ran for the exit while the other guy chased me. I proned in the exit and he was coming in quick. I made it out within a second or two of him getting me. Time was single digits at that point. I wonder if he even made it out.
View Quote
Dude, nothing gets the ticker going like a fire fight as you can feel the clock ticking down.  Had one of those yesterday on customs.  Got out with like 9 seconds left.  We were fighting a 2 man to get to the ZB1011 extract.  No idea if they made it out.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 10:44:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Been watching EFT streams, read through this thread and downloaded it yesterday...TONS. OF. FUN. I suck tremendously, but it's a hell of a time. I've been sticking to customs lately, but I played a few games on shoreline and ended up doing a lot better...actually exfil'd and got 5 kills in one match, which is amazing for me
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 10:57:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Been watching EFT streams, read through this thread and downloaded it yesterday...TONS. OF. FUN. I suck tremendously, but it's a hell of a time. I've been sticking to customs lately, but I played a few games on shoreline and ended up doing a lot better...actually exfil'd and got 5 kills in one match, which is amazing for me
View Quote
Hop on the discord, usually people playing to team up with.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 6:35:02 AM EDT
[#39]
I did, I was the guy bitching about getting 8 hits with 7.62x51 on a scav and still getting killed
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 8:38:35 PM EDT
[#40]
I have really tried to enjoy this game but dying all the time and loosing nearly all my loot has me wanting a refund.
However the company will not give refunds for the pre-order. Debating opening dispute with paypal..
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 8:58:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I have really tried to enjoy this game but dying all the time and loosing nearly all my loot has me wanting a refund.
However the company will not give refunds for the pre-order. Debating opening dispute with paypal..
View Quote
You serious?
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 9:30:58 PM EDT
[#42]
its a very steep learning curve and without skav runs to build up stash the game would be unstartable. but once you get the hang of the maps and learn to only use top tier ammo it starts to numb the fact that you still constantly die lol.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 10:09:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Join me in some scav raids/ ill show you some ropes.

Your knowledge of maps, timing and spawn location will save your life and make you rich..

23milions here, with overall 56mil in stash
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 11:31:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
Highly suggest learning the game with a group or solo on scav before giving up.  Build your cash reserves on scav. And accept death.  Anyone whos says they play tarkov and rarely die is full of it.  I always look at my guns and gear as disposable items.  I insure them but if everything goes tits up and I lose my kit, oh well.  Insurance returns are just a bonus.  So don't run expensive gear at the start.  SKS's are great because they almost always come back on insurance.  They have shit resale and take up room for something juicier.  Mosins are better while also generally being left on the battlefield they can also destroy some of the best armor and 1 tap fully kitted PMCs.  Lots of great deals to be had on AK variants on the flea market for little cost.  I usually would recommend the Adar but the good 5.56 is being neckbearded worse than it was in real life under Obama.  Traders sell it in limited supply and people buy it up and relist it for jacked prices.

Also offline mode with PVE mode enabled is a great learning tool too.  Turn on "scav war"(this makes the scavs fight each other) and it will help you learn where they spawn even quicker.

You are going to get shit on by PMC's and scavs at the start, there's really no way around that.  This is one of the few games where knowing IS actually half/most of the battle.  Knowledge of what to use, where and when to go is more important than raw skill.

This guy has a great starter guide for life after you get a little income going.

Tarkov Beginners Guide: Building Basic Loadouts
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 10:53:42 PM EDT
[#45]
And down again
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 1:09:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
And down again
View Quote
Yeah, the servers are pretty awful right now. Threw a few grenades on top of people that didn't do anything, pumping mags into people not even wearing armor not doing anything. Disconnection in game. Finally died to another PMC, after I unloaded 10 rounds of M995 and 20 of M855A1 into him with no effect.

bleh
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 10:48:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
How many hours? I’m coming up on 250hrs and there are still plenty of times where I go in fully geared and get one tapped right off the bat. That’s just the nature of the beast that is tarkov.

I’ve actually been doing shitty the last couple of days hemorrhaging gear and money when yesterday I went into a midnight woods raid with shit gear and a vss with 7n9 spp and walked out with 1.5mil roubles worth of gpnvgs, thermals, team Wendy exfil helmets, 416s, etc.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 1:05:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Last night was weird for me. Every round me and my friend went into seemed to have no scabs. The only 2 or 3 people we saw were pmcs or player scavs
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 4:20:47 PM EDT
[#49]
I just noticed skier is going to be selling m855a1 on the next reset for 292 R. Unless I’m completely out of the loop, this is new. So anyone heavily invested in this ammo might want to dump it before it tanks.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 8:01:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I just noticed skier is going to be selling m855a1 on the next reset for 292 R. Unless I’m completely out of the loop, this is new. So anyone heavily invested in this ammo might want to dump it before it tanks.
View Quote
He's sold it as long as I've been playing it. M855A1 sells for so much because it's really the only viable 5.56 ammo, unless you want to pay $14 per round with M995
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top