Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 12:26:53 PM EDT
[#1]
just bought the basic myself. if I like it, which I do so far, will probably upgrade on the black friday sale. would like to get some lessons if anyone wants to hold my hand for a bit
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 3:23:16 PM EDT
[#2]
In the same boat as you
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 4:20:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
just bought the basic myself. if I like it, which I do so far, will probably upgrade on the black friday sale. would like to get some lessons if anyone wants to hold my hand for a bit
View Quote
Slow down, be cautious, listen and look. NEVER RUSH TO AN EXIT.

Resist the urge to build awesome custom guns, they're too expensive to use. Guns that look like shit and are annoyingly long are much less likely to get looted (which means you'll get them back if they're insured).

Always buy insurance. Remember to check back a couple of days later, they don't hold it forever.

Armour is essential and so is quality armour piercing ammunition.

Don't sell stuff to the traders except junk, you can get much more for most stuff on the marketplace.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 11:08:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Resist the urge to build awesome custom guns, they're too expensive to use. Guns that look like shit and are annoyingly long are much less likely to get looted (which means you'll get them back if they're insured).

Always buy insurance. Remember to check back a couple of days later, they don't hold it forever.

Don't sell stuff to the traders except junk, you can get much more for most stuff on the marketplace.
View Quote
The more I play the more addicted I get.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 11:18:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
I’ll add to this that you can build and use crazy expensive guns but you need to have a lot of money to do this. Last wipe I was high rank and had so much money I didn’t know what to do with it. I built all sorts of wonder guns.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 11:52:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I joined the discord(Triji). I’m on most nights and unless my rl friends are playing I don’t have anyone to play with.
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 2:03:20 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought this earlier in the week and I have to say I’ve never been this bad at a game. I just get murdered by mercs and AI all the same. The first few raids I just cowered in a corner listening to my impending doom. I haven’t even hit level 5 yet or completed the rapist or pablovs quests. And the inventory management mini game takes up so much time that I can pretty much do Scav runs continuously since it takes me a good 20 min to move everything around and figure out what to sell.
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 8:43:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I bought this earlier in the week and I have to say I've never been this bad at a game. I just get murdered by mercs and AI all the same. The first few raids I just cowered in a corner listening to my impending doom. I haven't even hit level 5 yet or completed the rapist or pablovs quests. And the inventory management mini game takes up so much time that I can pretty much do Scav runs continuously since it takes me a good 20 min to move everything around and figure out what to sell.
View Quote
yeah thats pretty much the game. I easily spend an hour a night moving around shit and selling. If you camp in a bush until there is 10 minutes left as a scav you can almost roll with impunity and clean up all the dead bodies and missed loot spots.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 12:29:07 AM EDT
[#9]
I managed to get level 5 today and got access to the flea market. Then I bought/made a couple storage containers + key ring and life is much better, at least in my inventory. Being a Scav is still sketchy for me since I can rarely tell the diff between an AI and a player Scav which means I hesitate shooting so as not to get the entire map pissed at me. Sometimes when I’m a decently armed Scav, I just go and murder everyone doing a run and gun which has about 50/50 chance at working (vs my 7%? Survival rate).

I did manage to get therapist quests 1 and 2 knocked out today, but level locked for getting the 3rd. Papalovichs I just need 1 more customs Scav kill. And I think skier will be expensive to get done by buying from flea market since I refuse to farm all those vests and shotguns.

This is a brutal game and YouTube videos don’t do the sounds and intensity justice. It’s more stressing than being in dangerous situations irl.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 1:04:40 AM EDT
[#10]
It is a very intense game. I really am liking the new update .12. I am only level 15 but have a few million. I joined the official tarkov discord. To make money I have been doing some interchange runs and night time factory runs with groups.  Good times
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 1:25:50 AM EDT
[#11]
I tend to go full autistic commodities trader in MMOs and lord help the economy if I’m motivated enough to start using a spreadsheet. I was up to about 2 mil by the time I hit level 5 and spent about 1.1M on storage. Having a standard account is kind of extra motivating to get the cash to get the storage to avoid playing Tetris.

I’ve been keeping track of the game for a couple years now since a couple you tubers I frequent jumped over to it. The devs actually seem competent and have a plan to actually leave alpha/beta unlike 90% of the Steam library these days. The patches have been rolling out the features and I decided to jump on in during the BF sale.  I also just ordered a cable extension for my decent headset so I can hear properly and also have a mic available for discord etc. I think for the first time ever, I’m going to have to stick a piece of tape on my TV to use as a aiming point since I seem to suck without using sights in cqb.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 2:51:56 AM EDT
[#12]
I upped to EOD on the black Friday sale and still at level 6 my storage is tight. bought a few containers for ammo and mags. freed up a ton of space. need to sell some guns and gear.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 3:46:27 AM EDT
[#13]
I picked the game up on BF and it has been pretty addicting. By far one of the biggest hurdles is just learning the maps. Game doesn't even give you a compass, so figuring out where the heck you're going can be a huge pain.

Playing PMC definitely gets my adrenaline going. I have never felt so on edge while playing a game before. I had a pretty decent night vision and suppressed AK set-up, so I've been trying some night raids. Unfortunately, I had my face aimbotted by an AI boss scav. Hoping to get it back through insurance. I have an HK416 that I have been progressively modding, but haven't taken it out. It's like my safe queen project gun.

I'm still figuring out the ammo and armor system. I have a much higher survivability rate when I use at least lvl4 armor. I saw first hand just how ridiculous armor can be when a guy's helmet stopped a point blank 7.62 PS round to the back of the head.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 11:45:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Map learning is quite the hurdle. Most of the time I know where I am in factory except when I’m in the tunnels. Topside, it usually takes me a couple seconds to orient after spawning and then I’m good to go. The soundscape of the maps is still 99% unknown to me but I’m definitely making progress.  On customs, it can take me a couple min after spawn to orient myself if I’m in the woods/train tracks and parts near the oil refinery type area I still get confused with the visible landmarks so finding north is meh at best.  Ive done interchange maybe 4 times as a scav looking for sawela and ended up lapping the outside of the mall trying to find the ambulances since the store names aren’t on all exterior walls.  I pretty much have my iPad open to the map whenever I play anything but factory, especially for looking up the extractions. I’m not sure how anyone could possibly find an extraction without using a map and outside resources.

I should check to see if I can use some fly mode inside of an offline raid just to be able to reliably build up mental maps from various angles.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 10:21:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Just a minute ago I learned that melee weapons don’t drop when you die. I thought the hatchlings all had EOD edition with some special hatchet that couldn’t be looted. I can’t count the times I’ve died from running out of ammo or when melee would have been the saving grace. Today I tried to double tap V in a feeble attempt to pistol whip a scav when my pistol ran dry.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 12:43:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Hop in the discord that was made. A few of us play a lot and some are very knowledgeable. And it’s fun to play with a group
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 5:26:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I picked the game up on BF and it has been pretty addicting. By far one of the biggest hurdles is just learning the maps. Game doesn't even give you a compass, so figuring out where the heck you're going can be a huge pain.

Playing PMC definitely gets my adrenaline going. I have never felt so on edge while playing a game before. I had a pretty decent night vision and suppressed AK set-up, so I've been trying some night raids. Unfortunately, I had my face aimbotted by an AI boss scav. Hoping to get it back through insurance. I have an HK416 that I have been progressively modding, but haven't taken it out. It's like my safe queen project gun.

I'm still figuring out the ammo and armor system. I have a much higher survivability rate when I use at least lvl4 armor. I saw first hand just how ridiculous armor can be when a guy's helmet stopped a point blank 7.62 PS round to the back of the head.
View Quote
Ammo Chart
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jjWcIue0_PCsbLQAiL5VrIulPK8SzM5jjiCMx9zUuvE/edit#gid=64053005
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 6:24:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Any idea if this will go on sale around Christmas again?
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 9:34:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Hop in the discord that was made. A few of us play a lot and some are very knowledgeable. And it’s fun to play with a group
View Quote
This. We have a semi regular small group right now and it's less scary with others for sure. Lots of fun too.

Playing solo can also be fun in a different way. Easier to sneak around and complete certain tasks.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 11:52:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Not sure if everyone is sitting 2” from their monitors to be able to make out crap in the distance or what but I can’t see anything until it’s pretty much shooting at me, if even. At least in ARMA I could kind of “focus” with a small amount of zoom. I’m just getting picked off by scavs before there’s any sort of indication they’re there.   Also as a scav, it’s ridiculous. If I get the drop on a scav and I shoot them, the entire map goes hostile to me and my under-geared ass is toast.  If I leave the scavs alone, then there’s always a player role playing a scav that lights me up. I think I’m about done with this game as it stopped being fun and is nothing but stress.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 9:14:11 PM EDT
[#21]
The general consensus is that the game is very punishing at first and downright aggravating until you learn the maps a little and get used to it. I met a player scav after I saw him looting a dead PMC the other day by walking up to him, jumping up and down and doing the 'wiggle'. He reciprocated and we teamed up. Another player scav came out of nowhere and one tapped me. It's a dangerous game trusting other players but sometimes it can be rewarding.

I avoid placing bushes between myself and scavs because at their current AI status they can basically see through them and one tap you while you're in a bush. You will die more often than not at first, I think my survival rate was ~9% for a while and I was brutalized most raids. It helps a lot playing with someone, I've used the official tarkov discord to find other new players with success, or you can try the arfcom eft discord and see if any of us are on, mostly in evenings/night.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 9:36:05 PM EDT
[#22]
I don’t want to play with anyone until I’m no longer a liability and can at least not be a shit magnet.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 9:46:24 PM EDT
[#23]
I'll play with you wed or thurs night if you're on, don't care how bad you suck.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 9:16:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Been watching a bunch of videos and it truly looks amazing. One question - since it's all multiplayer, is there a steep and unforgiving learning curve for noobs? One reason i like SP since I can just relax and have fun. This looks worth it anyway but I don't *always* want to be at DEFCON -15....
View Quote
Looks like there is an offline mode with AI. Can anyone confirm?
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 10:05:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Looks like there is an offline mode with AI. Can anyone confirm?
View Quote
Yes there’s offline mode with AI (or none at all) and you can tweak their numbers and difficulty. Although nothing you do offline saves to your account. Basically it’s a way to explore the maps without consequence, get a feel for PVE combat, or just test out weapons etc (you won’t use up your ammo etc). I might go back to basics and spend a week offline getting a handle on recognizing AI looks/behaviors and also getting a better feel for combat.  This game has a steeper learning curve than Dark Souls, especially when you’re having to defend against cheaty AI and some geared people who have 100s of hours in the game along with armor that a noobs ammo hardly puts a dent in.
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 1:13:07 AM EDT
[#26]
You know the moment you fucked up when you get a dead man's click when you turn the corner to be face to face with an Scav
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 4:38:08 AM EDT
[#27]
It’s really a great game and tension is up the roof.

I play with 4 or 5 team mates and it really is something
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 2:00:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
You know the moment you fucked up when you get a dead man's click when you turn the corner to be face to face with an Scav
View Quote
Or when you're stupidly using an IFAK and run face to face into a PMC and get clapped.
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 10:25:26 PM EDT
[#29]
dont forget to log into tarkov website. Go to your profile and click on one of the sections in your profile (forget which one). Gives you free gifts. Works for standard and eod edition.

I am standard edition and it gave me a free money case, Ned case, svd and mags, and pistol and mags.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 1:30:55 AM EDT
[#30]
I got my standard edition gift today and was disappointed in the lack of item case since storage space is kind of half the game for me,,,, but then I took advantage of the flood of disappointed people selling their gifts and ended up making about $20M and also got one of my traders up to about $50M or so in sales.  In the end I got 4x item cases, 2 key bars, thicc boi wep case, mag cases, sic case, and a few other storage solutions I’m probably forgetting, and of course piles of cash.

Also there’s supposed to be some event with twitch /twitch prime dec 30 through the 5th or so. Supposed to get some free loots for watching shit. I don’t have the details yet, but the king Russian himself decreed it.

Edit: details on the event and how to link twitch and bsg accounts here: https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/news/id/156?lang=en
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 10:50:41 PM EDT
[#31]
details on trading deals???
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 12:01:06 AM EDT
[#32]
The money and med cases people got as gifts were being dumped on the market for anywhere from 150k to 250k.... Rapist buys money cases for 297 and med ones for 270ish. I fixed my computer time per Veritas’ market guide so when the countdown timers hit 0 and PURCHASE showed, it was actually at the correct time and not lagged behind by 3+ seconds like normal. Figure average profit of 75k per case.... yeah I spent a few solid hours clicking like an autist to make those millions.  Probably a couple dozen times I made 150k profit per transaction.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 3:57:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Does anyone have links to maps that are actually accurate regarding extracts? I have had several that I couldn't locate and two that I went to only to find out they moved. So then I died with all my good shit after doing everything right. Who the fuck makes an extract and then moves it across the map with the same fucking name?
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 4:59:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Does anyone have links to maps that are actually accurate regarding extracts? I have had several that I couldn't locate and two that I went to only to find out they moved. So then I died with all my good shit after doing everything right. Who the fuck makes an extract and then moves it across the map with the same fucking name?
View Quote
Which one are you talking about? Interchange changed extract names but they didnt move.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 6:53:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The money and med cases people got as gifts were being dumped on the market for anywhere from 150k to 250k.... Rapist buys money cases for 297 and med ones for 270ish. I fixed my computer time per Veritas' market guide so when the countdown timers hit 0 and PURCHASE showed, it was actually at the correct time and not lagged behind by 3+ seconds like normal. Figure average profit of 75k per case.... yeah I spent a few solid hours clicking like an autist to make those millions.  Probably a couple dozen times I made 150k profit per transaction.
View Quote
I've noticed the lag. thanks for the tip, I did get a P90 below cost and sold parts for a small profit and kept the optic. I want item cases but they seem to cost more now. not seeing deals on other things.

ouch 30 minute video. TLDR version?
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 8:06:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Between the reddit sub and the wiki, you should be good on maps. Keep in mind that scavs and pmc tend to only have a couple extracts in common on maps and usually a few that are pmc or scav only. Then there’s extracts that are not always active and these are marked with ????. Things like the dorms Vx (the car), the smugglers boat (active only when there’s a lit campfire there), and ruaf roadblock (has a spotlight lit up if it’s good to go). I tend to play some maps with my iPad open to a map with extracts and loot for quick reference.  The only map I’ve seen an extract mistake on lately was Reserve where the sewer extract was marked pmc only when in fact a scav can use it too.

Edit: a couple more things. Some extracts like the vehicle ones are one time use so if someone beats you to it, you can’t use it.  And if you’re looking at a customs map, some extracts and spawns could be wrong if it’s an old map that doesn’t have the enlarged northern area. That was added recently.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 11:40:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Glitch or hacks?  Was on woods and creeping up on a guy perched up on a bunch of rocks.  Was still at least 500m away and he was looking 90 degrees away from me.

In an instant his character snapped from 90 degrees away to straight at me and in the next instant he landed a perfect head shot on me.  Are hacks a big thing in this game or was that more likely a network issue?
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 6:11:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Wasnt shturman was it? Scavs are aimbotty at range, shes pretty bad to encounter with the svd
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 6:14:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Glitch or hacks?  Was on woods and creeping up on a guy perched up on a bunch of rocks.  Was still at least 500m away and he was looking 90 degrees away from me.

In an instant his character snapped from 90 degrees away to straight at me and in the next instant he landed a perfect head shot on me.  Are hacks a big thing in this game or was that more likely a network issue?
View Quote
After re reading this, He may have been scanning known areas and using a thermal, could be a  person connecting from EU or AUS. Hacks are possible but not entirely likely now with battleeye.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 6:26:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Wasnt shturman was it? Scavs are aimbotty at range, shes pretty bad to encounter with the svd
View Quote
No it was definitely a PMC.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 5:52:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Forgot about this thread. I’m picking it back up. Started in .7 and played a ton through .11.5.

My aim needs the rust knocked off
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 1:25:59 PM EDT
[#42]
If you link your Twitch account to your EFT account and watching specific streamers you can get in-game drops. People are getting everything from matches to the T-7 thermals.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 8:05:00 PM EDT
[#43]
yesterday my twitch following brough me a nice T-7 (PVS-7 thermal)

it initially was worth 7 MILLION !

today, with many more drop it has dropped to 2 million.. im gonna sit on it for a while. selling it these days was stupid.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 3:09:21 AM EDT
[#44]
my best drop was probably a reap-IR...I'm almost afraid to actually use it
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 9:24:45 PM EDT
[#45]
So I pop early in interchange as a scav in IDEA (52min) .. All hell break loose around me and myself and my P226 run away toward the offices.. in the room before that I find a Tertris and a Graphic card on the shelves. A few sneaking around and I find an aquamari on my way out under the speedway...

a 450k run with a crappy scav.. meh :) I'll allow it
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 1:50:05 AM EDT
[#46]
me and my buddy had a good one tonight. we scavved  in ,killed a bugged scav then found like 4 pmc bodies just up the road from him. Looted them got some decent stuff and said fuck the mall and went straight to extract. still got over 1k experience and about 100k after selling everything in and out in like 5 minutes
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 10:23:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
yesterday my twitch following brough me a nice T-7 (PVS-7 thermal)

it initially was worth 7 MILLION !

today, with many more drop it has dropped to 2 million.. im gonna sit on it for a while. selling it these days was stupid.
View Quote
I bought a few of these when this happened.  Don't know if I will end up using them or if I'll resell, but the price will get back up over time.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 2:05:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
So I pop early in interchange as a scav in IDEA (52min) .. All hell break loose around me and myself and my P226 run away toward the offices.. in the room before that I find a Tertris and a Graphic card on the shelves. A few sneaking around and I find an aquamari on my way out under the speedway...

a 450k run with a crappy scav.. meh :) I'll allow it
View Quote
Ive had some pretty epic runs playing scav.  But most of the time I get headshotted playing vulture while picking up the left overs
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 5:57:44 AM EDT
[#49]
I'm a newb on this game. I bought it when it first came out, played a little, but never got into it simply because every game I played had flying fuckwads cheating lol.

All the attention it's getting made me reinstall, and I still have no idea wtf I am doing.

I know Customs, somewhat, but don't know where all the new "good" loot spots are.

So, I went to youtube.

Pilot - Raid #1 - Full Playthrough Series - Escape from Tarkov

Pestily is awesome.

Map:

My first raid after watching this video went to hell quick.  It was dark, can't see shit, spawned between 4 players.  One luckily had nothing, popped him and ran.  Ran into another guy, luckily didn't see me, and he then went and engaged the other two.  I come up behind, I kill him and the other two.  Wahoo!  I go to look all their shit.  I had a NICE haul.  But being slow as I am because I don't know what I'm doing, and how to quick loot, someone sneaks up eventually and kills me with a pistol to the head, I have no helmets.

So, I could have walked out with 2 nice backpacks, 2 nice chests, and a couple guns.  Instead I get nada
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 10:27:30 AM EDT
[#50]
I might actually build a PC for this game...
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top