Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 79
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 9:28:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Watching Casmo’s patron campaign, it would be real nice to work with a bunch of folks in a coordinated mission.

If I worked up a mission, who would be interested in all getting online and play it?
If you’re interested, let me know what days would work, time, airframe and map.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 11:01:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alaskanforfreedom] [#2]
Apparently I was wrong there is a discount for the F1 on steam.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 1:20:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By clayvt:
Watching Casmo’s patron campaign, it would be real nice to work with a bunch of folks in a coordinated mission.

If I worked up a mission, who would be interested in all getting online and play it?
View Quote

Moose and I fly normally Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday nights. I'd be game. Pretty sure he would be too. We are normally on from 7 to 10Pm MST. I fly an F18 he flies an F16.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 9:07:15 AM EDT
[#4]

View Quote

whenever. any platform except russian crap ;)
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 8:19:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Alaskanforfreedom:
Apparently I was wrong there is a discount for the F1 on steam.
View Quote

They added that later, I gotta see if I got a refund.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 11:20:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm down. I'm on PST and my schedule varies due to work. Mostly fly the AV8B and sometimes A-10 & F-16. Have all the maps.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 7:30:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 11:04:00 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/25/2022 12:20:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 12:58:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spyderboy03] [#10]
Originally Posted By Czechnologist85:

Moose and I fly normally Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday nights. I'd be game. Pretty sure he would be too. We are normally on from 7 to 10Pm MST. I fly an F18 he flies an F16.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Czechnologist85:

I'd be down. I only do A2A at the moment in the F-16 and can some some A2G in the F-18 as well as A2A.

ETA: I do not use the radio in game and have no idea how. Czechnologist and I use teamspeak and can do discord as well. I can learn the radio if needed I suppose...

ETA 2: I'm on the stable non-Steam version, but I believe it is fairly simple to switch to the Beta version if necessary. Not sure how that is for Steam guys like Czechnologist.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 10:05:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I could be tempted, but I haven't flown in months. I'm also MST so 630PM to 10PMish. Most familiar with the F-16.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 11:39:39 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

You know schedule
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 9:43:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By spyderboy03:

I'd be down. I only do A2A at the moment in the F-16 and can some some A2G in the F-18 as well as A2A.

ETA: I do not use the radio in game and have no idea how. Czechnologist and I use teamspeak and can do discord as well. I can learn the radio if needed I suppose...

ETA 2: I'm on the stable non-Steam version, but I believe it is fairly simple to switch to the Beta version if necessary. Not sure how that is for Steam guys like Czechnologist.
View Quote
Switching to beta on steam is Hella easy.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 3:23:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Switching to beta on steam is Hella easy.
View Quote

Good to know. Is everyone here running beta?
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 8:43:56 PM EDT
[#15]

Good to know. Is everyone here running beta?
View Quote

Yeah thats what I run, and its what my squad runs. From what I hear, the beta isn't all that less stable than the finished product. I'm down for some group stuff, F14 guy at the moment.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 7:31:37 AM EDT
[#16]
I’m definitely down for some semi-organized group ops. I primarily an A2G guy - Viper, Hornet, and learning the Harrier now.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 1:07:57 AM EDT
[#17]
My next question was going to be, what would you guys be more interested in? A2A, A2G or some slight mixture of both in a coordinated effort?

what i would kind of invision for a coordinated mission would be staggered start times starting in a contested airspace with follow on strike packages.  assuming the airspace/iads was sufficiently cleared out.

i know lots of you have multiple discord rooms, but what about if i set up a discord to help finalize things and get all on one page?
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 3:58:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 6:05:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Keekleberrys:

Im down to party with whatever. Ive been mostly playing with the f16 and f14 lately with a sprinkle of a10. I started on the hornet. I like specialization but i know is  gonna be difficult in a small group..
View Quote

Oh I hear you, I started with the hornet and became quite proficient with it, but since the Apache came out I’ve kinda fallen in love with it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 2:59:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bushamster21] [#20]
This is really cool. Youtuber put out a cinematic of a chapter in Tom Clancy's Red Storm Rising. Basically visual to the e-book and even though this is "Chapter 21" this is the first one he put out. There's two other chapters. I really enjoyed them.

Link Posted: 8/1/2022 10:16:26 AM EDT
[#21]

Oh I hear you, I started with the hornet and became quite proficient with it, but since the Apache came out I’ve kinda fallen in love with it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Keekleberrys:
Im down to party with whatever. Ive been mostly playing with the f16 and f14 lately with a sprinkle of a10. I started on the hornet. I like specialization but i know is  gonna be difficult in a small group..

I can A2A with the F-16 or F-18. I've figured out unguided bombs and rockets on both. I can use the walleye on the F-18 as well. Outside of the convenience of the walleye or a carrier based mission, I'd probably prefer the F-16.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 10:22:00 AM EDT
[#22]

I can A2A with the F-16 or F-18. I've figured out unguided bombs and rockets on both. I can use the walleye on the F-18 as well. Outside of the convenience of the walleye or a carrier based mission, I'd probably prefer the F-16.
View Quote

Normally I'd agree with you and I will if it's a short hop.  I cannot tank with the F-16 to save my life.  I can tank the F-18 off of every platform, it's easy mode, I can tank the F-14 wings out or bomb off any platform, not so bad just walk the throttles a little and watch the trim.  The F-16 I just cannot stay in position.  I need to fly parade more often with the viper....I guess.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 12:04:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: freerider04] [#23]
Originally Posted By RichieRich3902:
Normally I'd agree with you and I will if it's a short hop.  I cannot tank with the F-16 to save my life.  I can tank the F-18 off of every platform, it's easy mode, I can tank the F-14 wings out or bomb off any platform, not so bad just walk the throttles a little and watch the trim.  The F-16 I just cannot stay in position.  I need to fly parade more often with the viper....I guess.
View Quote

A slight negative curve on pitch and roll axes for the viper is a night and day difference.  It's almost like there's a baked in deadzone that you can't get rid of without doing that.

I started off at -10ish or so and backed it off to -4 and it's very responsive and precise.  At -4 on my setup it still has a very slight hiccup with small inputs, but it's not as twitchy and over-controlled as a bigger neg. curve
Link Posted: 8/28/2022 11:56:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 12:11:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Lots of announcements lately. Northern Europe, Australia, Super Sabre, Egypt. It's a pretty good time to be into DCS.

Not a huge Super Sabre fan really, but 4x20mm guns....yeah I'll have to get it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 12:13:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 2:20:08 AM EDT
[#27]
They need to get Great Britain maps, so we can have Lakenheath etc for bases to launch out of/train in. I got tagged to start up a Strike Eagle squadron so I am very much looking forward to that. Guess its bye bye to the F-14 when that happens..
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 7:00:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By BRS1912:
They need to get Great Britain maps, so we can have Lakenheath etc for bases to launch out of/train in. I got tagged to start up a Strike Eagle squadron so I am very much looking forward to that. Guess its bye bye to the F-14 when that happens..
View Quote

Doing the mach loop would be awesome.
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 9:51:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:
Lots of announcements lately. Northern Europe, Australia, Super Sabre, Egypt. It's a pretty good time to be into DCS.

View Quote

The Hun is likely a day one buy for me.

North Australia, though... well, I hope they aren't trying to get rich.

OV-10 mod coming real soon:
OV-10A BRONCO BY SPLIT AIR | DCS TRAILER
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 10:24:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By 2alpha-down0:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3Z4qjLWOkA
View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3Z4qjLWOkA

Yeah...I mean the more terrains the better....but I only got so much storage and not sure that'll make the cut lol.
Link Posted: 8/30/2022 1:40:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By josepha1:

Doing the mach loop would be awesome.
View Quote

Agreed. I am sure that is coming at some point. Gonna need a 5TB SSD for all the maps they are coming out with.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 3:18:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Kola is going to be pretty neat for Cold War hardware. Forrestal and Roosevelt specifically did exercises in '88 flying from those fjords against a Soviet "breakout", which coincidentally are the skins I did for the F-14A on the Forrestal. Same cruise had A-7Es and A-6Es, so whenever those are on the boat in a few years, or even as AI, you can do some pretty real scenarios for what was expected to be a flashpoint. Roosevelt had Hornets so you'd have to restrict loadouts and no HMD, and pretend your RWR sucked.

Add to that, when the F-4E comes the 57th FIS could be expected to come and play, if you wanted to stretch it forward base some jets in Norway. Same with the 4th TFW out of Seymour Johnson, they were the QRF wing and also might forward deploy. Could use some Germany and Netherlands based squadrons too.

And while I think most Viggen focus would be the Baltic, I'm sure having northern Sweden is going to finally give it somewhere historical to play. I know someone's got to do a Viggen strike against Murmansk and the Typhoons based there.

Norway has/had Vipers and I think F-104s.

Finland has/had Mig-21s and Hornets.

Probably can draw in Mirage 2000s and F1s with France being a NATO partner.

Harrier would again need to restrict loadouts for Cold War, but would be fun to operate from roads and FOBs, and boat. Maybe even dress up as some Brit GRs.

Netherlands operated F-5 As and Cs, and Norway had F-5s.

Norway also operated F-86Ks but those had the radar as did Denmark.

Obviously the Soviets operated the Mig-15, 19, 21.

And at least for now the FC3 modules like the F-15 and A-10A can fit with restricted loadouts and cold war skins, maybe the A-10C with loadout restrictions and some Europe One camo. Of course the Mig-29s and SU-27 and 33 could fit as well, and Su-25s.

Then you have the helos, so Gazelles, Apaches, Hinds, and Hips, and if it ever appears the Kiowa.

WW2, the area where the Tirpitz was sunk is part of the map, so you could try to rig up some Mosquito raids, or something over occupied Norway. And if anything ever comes along the Finns were fighting the Soviets.

The map itself I think is pretty huge, only overshadowed for Cold War stuff by a Fulda Gap map of some kind if it ever happened. The downside at this point, we are still missing more REDFOR player modules like Mig-23s, Su-22s, Flagons, or FF early Fulcrum and Flanker. And of course AI assets to kill, especially bombers. Proper Blinders, Bisons, Badgers, and Bears. Updated Foxbats to chase down, Fiddlers. And we need more Soviet and US ships of the era of course, with actual modeling of their systems. And AAA to not get perfect headshots on your pilot every time. And a dynamic campaign. And......
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 4:59:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: clayvt] [#33]
OK, I've started to craft the mission on  the Syria map.  if whoever wants to play it, I've created a discord server you're free to join so I can hammer down aircraft and roles.
I'm planning on myself and Flightmedic to be in Apache's and the Fixed wing assets will need to be able to do DEAD, limited A/G and provide top cover.  
It will be on Open Beta and running an SRS server.

Discord server link

I've already put in a few things that you never see on any of the regular servers and I hope it will add an extra fun little layer...
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 1:23:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Well since we got a surprise patch and the changes are now public, y'all pepper your Angus from all the INS capable, active going AIM-54Cs that are going to be blotting out the sun. The testing showed it to be pretty gnarly, C will definitely be the missile to take now.

Also finally got those skins in/fixed.
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 2:30:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 11:49:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Not from what our testing showed...not even close. Actually, they are worse.
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 1:16:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 11:19:27 AM EDT
[#38]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYllbjF2xaM
View Quote
Is the team that made the mod?
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 11:29:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Is the team that made the mod?
View Quote

Yeah same team.
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 11:32:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:
Kola is going to be pretty neat for Cold War hardware. Forrestal and Roosevelt specifically did exercises in '88 flying from those fjords against a Soviet "breakout", which coincidentally are the skins I did for the F-14A on the Forrestal. Same cruise had A-7Es and A-6Es, so whenever those are on the boat in a few years, or even as AI, you can do some pretty real scenarios for what was expected to be a flashpoint. Roosevelt had Hornets so you'd have to restrict loadouts and no HMD, and pretend your RWR sucked.

Add to that, when the F-4E comes the 57th FIS could be expected to come and play, if you wanted to stretch it forward base some jets in Norway. Same with the 4th TFW out of Seymour Johnson, they were the QRF wing and also might forward deploy. Could use some Germany and Netherlands based squadrons too.

And while I think most Viggen focus would be the Baltic, I'm sure having northern Sweden is going to finally give it somewhere historical to play. I know someone's got to do a Viggen strike against Murmansk and the Typhoons based there.

Norway has/had Vipers and I think F-104s.

Finland has/had Mig-21s and Hornets.

Probably can draw in Mirage 2000s and F1s with France being a NATO partner.

Harrier would again need to restrict loadouts for Cold War, but would be fun to operate from roads and FOBs, and boat. Maybe even dress up as some Brit GRs.

Netherlands operated F-5 As and Cs, and Norway had F-5s.

Norway also operated F-86Ks but those had the radar as did Denmark.

Obviously the Soviets operated the Mig-15, 19, 21.

And at least for now the FC3 modules like the F-15 and A-10A can fit with restricted loadouts and cold war skins, maybe the A-10C with loadout restrictions and some Europe One camo. Of course the Mig-29s and SU-27 and 33 could fit as well, and Su-25s.

Then you have the helos, so Gazelles, Apaches, Hinds, and Hips, and if it ever appears the Kiowa.

WW2, the area where the Tirpitz was sunk is part of the map, so you could try to rig up some Mosquito raids, or something over occupied Norway. And if anything ever comes along the Finns were fighting the Soviets.

The map itself I think is pretty huge, only overshadowed for Cold War stuff by a Fulda Gap map of some kind if it ever happened. The downside at this point, we are still missing more REDFOR player modules like Mig-23s, Su-22s, Flagons, or FF early Fulcrum and Flanker. And of course AI assets to kill, especially bombers. Proper Blinders, Bisons, Badgers, and Bears. Updated Foxbats to chase down, Fiddlers. And we need more Soviet and US ships of the era of course, with actual modeling of their systems. And AAA to not get perfect headshots on your pilot every time. And a dynamic campaign. And......
View Quote

Given that OrbX is making it it should be a good map. Asset wise though its sorta fubar. For CW you'd need a Draken at a minimum, and the AA Viggen. And some actual cold war navy stuff if you wanted to add that, I guess the early 14's we are getting would work for it and eventually the A-7.
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 7:12:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Exetik] [#41]
Wags stated there are 4 new module announcements coming. It is nice to see that DCS is becoming more popular. Eventually they will have to do something about the poor performance/optimization issues, but looking forward to some new modules.
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 12:20:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Exetik:
Wags stated there are 4 new module announcements coming. It is nice to see that DCS is becoming more popular. Eventually they will have to do something about the poor performance/optimization issues, but looking forward to some new modules.
View Quote

Supposedly the multicore stuff is in heavy testing at this point, not sure where the Vulkan API stuff is but I'd assume its probably part of the multicore optimization, though I suppose it doesn't have to to be.

As for the announcements, tbh while its cool they are announcing more content its gotta be years out at this point for most of that given the state some of its in. That F100 for instance. The 130J looks decently far along but I still wouldn't expect it anytime soon.

I mean there is still no word on the F4 from HB, like they went radio silent on it after Ukraine kicked off and they said some of their team was impacted by it. So while I hold out some hope for late Q4 release on it I wouldn't be surprised if it slipped to Q1/2 next year either. And more or less same comment on the f15E, though at least there Razbam is posting steady progress.
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 3:37:37 PM EDT
[#43]
I agree with your assessment, I never like how accurate you are.

Isn’t the Herc the repackaged mod, from the same guys?  If so it will probably be released sooner than Christmas.
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 3:58:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By RichieRich3902:
I agree with your assessment, I never like how accurate you are.

Isn’t the Herc the repackaged mod, from the same guys?  If so it will probably be released sooner than Christmas.
View Quote

LOL... Yeah I get that alot...

Yeah its the same team as the mod, by the look of the C130 vid it looks like most of the 3D modeling/pit is done. The main questions are how "done" are the systems and FM... And really is how much of the "mod" stuff is gonna make it into the DCS core game or how ED is gonna handle that. Like currently that mod basically relies on external scripting stuff to make it work as I understand it, so not "core" dcs functionality for any of the cool shit it does like paratroops.

Honestly I doubt the 130J is gonna come this year, it would have to basically be in "testing" by ED at this point and AFAIK its not.

Link Posted: 9/6/2022 10:28:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Huh radar appears to be broken on the viper I was looking at a bogey earlier at only 29 miles right within AWACs call parameters and couldn't see anything. Also am naving back to home airfield and the range and ETA of stpts is not showing up on hud.
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 10:33:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 11:06:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Huh radar appears to be broken on the viper I was looking at a bogey earlier at only 29 miles right within AWACs call parameters and couldn't see anything. Also am naving back to home airfield and the range and ETA of stpts is not showing up on hud.
View Quote

I had an issue with steerpoints being wrong in MP last week.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 12:00:14 AM EDT
[#48]

I had an issue with steerpoints being wrong in MP last week.
View Quote

Me too as well.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:09:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:24:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RichieRich3902] [#50]
View Quote

I'm in

We really need a VN map with all of the dope cold war AC out there.  It really makes sense with the A-6, F-4, F-8(maybe) and A-7 modules on the way.  So, Eagle will probably never do it.  I doubt we'll get the naval variant for Korea missions.  

Sandy will still be fun, but the laser accurate AA will be a bitch.
Page / 79
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top