Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 2:10:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You need a ‘special’ lure to catch legendary fish. They have designated areas for each species, just like the legendary animals. There will be a map once you unlock that storyline.

The sturgeon, for instance, can only be caught from/near a particular railroad trestle. There was a small pucker factor when the first train came by, but standing on the very edge leaves enough room not to get run over.
View Quote
Yea I have all the lures.. and have the map opened for the special fish.. I just was curious if it notified you that you had the legendary fish on the line or if you have to fuck fight and dance with a fish for 30 mins only to realize its just a normal fish when you take it out the water.. Id assume it would treat it like any other fish your catching but didnt know since it was a legendary fish if anything changed.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 2:22:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I think the special lure keeps other fish from biting.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 2:58:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote
So your basically telling me that I had the legendary fish on the hook then? ahhh damnit
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 4:50:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So your basically telling me that I had the legendary fish on the hook then? ahhh damnit
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’m pretty sure you did.

Granted, as of right now, I only have a sample size of one. I could very easily be wrong.

Edit: As it took three tries, I’m pretty confident the legendary fish is the only one that will bite. It would have been awfully random that I hooked two regulars before landing the legendary fish on the third attempt.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 5:00:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I’m pretty sure you did.

Granted, as of right now, I only have a sample size of one. I could very easily be wrong.
View Quote
well whats the chances that you are wrong... and the one fish you catch.. Just happens to be legendary? Id say you are probably right..
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 5:03:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
well whats the chances that you are wrong... and the one fish you catch.. Just happens to be legendary? Id say you are probably right..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m pretty sure you did.

My favorite part was walking into the post office to mail a 45lb fish.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 10:44:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 2:53:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 9:29:55 PM EDT
[#9]
So I've been trying to do the gambling challenge. On win three consecutive wins at Dominos L. O. L. I've been playing for hours, and only won once.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 10:03:53 PM EDT
[#10]
The gambling in the game is definitely tilted.

I’ve played hours of poker in the game and the game cheats. Either it cheats or my character has the absolute worst luck known to man. You can’t bluff because one of the computer players will always be holding a winning hand if you aren’t, you can’t hardly win as you are dealt shit 9.9 times out of 10, and the very rare times you are holding the winning hand most of the players fold before the pot can escape break even territory.

Thankfully there is absolutely no need to actually earn money in this game because the game just absolutely showers you in it from hold ups, treasure maps, and side missions. I don’t think I’m even a fourth of the way through the main story and I’m already decked out in what I think are the finest clothes from St. Denis, a fine haircut and trim, with the best saddle and tack, riding a very good horse, carrying the finest weapons the game will let me have, with a completely upgraded camp with two grand in the kitty, all the recipes I’ve found purchased, and I’m STILL walking around with over a grand in pocket money waiting to lose it on death tax or repeatedly trying to run a table gambling.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 8:25:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm not doing that bad at poker. It's dominos where I'm having major issues.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 9:20:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm not doing that bad at poker. It's dominos where I'm having major issues.
View Quote
I'm in the exact opposite position. I absolutely destroy at dominoes, but can't clear a table at poker to save my life.

And I could be missing it but where are the blackjack tables? St. Denis?
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 7:27:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'm in the exact opposite position. I absolutely destroy at dominoes, but can't clear a table at poker to save my life.

And I could be missing it but where are the blackjack tables? St. Denis?
View Quote
There’s one in Rhodes, and one in emerald station I believe. I finally won my three games of dominoes in a row yesterday. Won three hands of poker in a row on the first try.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 6:00:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I’m pretty sure you did.

Edit: As it took three tries, I’m pretty confident the legendary fish is the only one that will bite. It would have been awfully random that I hooked two regulars before landing the legendary fish on the third attempt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’m pretty sure you did.

You  an definitely catch other fish with the special lure. I still haven't landed the legendary Gar, while using the special swamp lure
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 1:30:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Bet they come out with Red Dead Online this Friday the 30th. They said it'll be at the end of November. I figured they would have the trailer by now.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 10:56:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The gambling in the game is definitely tilted.

I’ve played hours of poker in the game and the game cheats. Either it cheats or my character has the absolute worst luck known to man. You can’t bluff because one of the computer players will always be holding a winning hand if you aren’t, you can’t hardly win as you are dealt shit 9.9 times out of 10, and the very rare times you are holding the winning hand most of the players fold before the pot can escape break even territory.

Thankfully there is absolutely no need to actually earn money in this game because the game just absolutely showers you in it from hold ups, treasure maps, and side missions. I don’t think I’m even a fourth of the way through the main story and I’m already decked out in what I think are the finest clothes from St. Denis, a fine haircut and trim, with the best saddle and tack, riding a very good horse, carrying the finest weapons the game will let me have, with a completely upgraded camp with two grand in the kitty, all the recipes I’ve found purchased, and I’m STILL walking around with over a grand in pocket money waiting to lose it on death tax or repeatedly trying to run a table gambling.
View Quote
Maybe the games have a bit of an acquired skill aspect to them, similar to the dead eye? Over time you get better?
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 12:26:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Maybe the games have a bit of an acquired skill aspect to them, similar to the dead eye? Over time you get better?
View Quote
Nah. I've ran the house out in Poker several times over. Sometimes I get a decent opponent/s, but I usually have good luck in most poker games I play. I think he's just having bad luck. I didn't fare well on Dominoes. That's where I get hammered.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 12:39:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Yep, I cannot win at poker despite trying so I stopped playing.

One of my family millennials was here for thanksgiving and he was also bragging how the poker was "easy" and that he was able to dominate it, so I had him play a round on my game... and he came away with the exact same "that computer is one cheating mother fucker" opinion. How is it that my game is so tilted?

The game deals you shit cards 99 times out of a hundred (hey look at that a three of diamonds and an eight of clubs! and the flop is all high / face cards and non matching suits!), you cannot bluff because one of the computer players always holds a winning hand (well look at that, the same guy who has been winning the whole game is holding yet ANOTHER flush or high two pair!), and when you actually do manage to pull a winning hand everyone but one guy folds the first round in leaving you the tiniest ten cent pot the game can manage (get dealt a high pair from the jump, bid minimum so I don't spook the computer, aw look at that they are all folding already... and the holdout is captain call). So all your hands quickly become a chain of folds hoping for the right cards with the odd push or minor victory as one of the CPU players proceeds to run away with the money. It takes every fiber in my being to not just shoot the lot of them every time.

Blackjack? I can win if I play smart. Dominoes? I can win if I play smart. Poker? Nope. You lose. Good day sir.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 12:53:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yep, I cannot win at poker despite trying so I stopped playing.

One of my family millennials was here for thanksgiving and he was also bragging how the poker was "easy" and that he was able to dominate it, so I had him play a round on my game... and he came away with the exact same "that computer is one cheating mother fucker" opinion. How is it that my game is so tilted?

The game deals you shit cards 99 times out of a hundred (hey look at that a three of diamonds and an eight of clubs! and the flop is all high / face cards and non matching suits!), you cannot bluff because one of the computer players always holds a winning hand (well look at that, the same guy who has been winning the whole game is holding yet ANOTHER flush or high two pair!), and when you actually do manage to pull a winning hand everyone but one guy folds the first round in leaving you the tiniest ten cent pot the game can manage (get dealt a high pair from the jump, bid minimum so I don't spook the computer, aw look at that they are all folding already... and the holdout is captain call). So all your hands quickly become a chain of folds hoping for the right cards with the odd push or minor victory as one of the CPU players proceeds to run away with the money. It takes every fiber in my being to not just shoot the lot of them every time.

Blackjack? I can win if I play smart. Dominoes? I can win if I play smart. Poker? Nope. You lose. Good day sir.
View Quote
I just ran two people off with a four of a kind. I dunno. Then again I said the same thing with dominoes that the computer was cheating.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 4:56:59 PM EDT
[#20]
It's impressive what Rockstar managed on console hardware. Makes me wonder how good it will look on PC
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 1:12:35 PM EDT
[#21]
RDROnline out tomorrow for people who purchased the ultimate edition. Weeee!
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 6:20:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Other than the RDR2 Online functionality, anyone know what was in that update yesterday?

Blake
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 7:42:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Other than the RDR2 Online functionality, anyone know what was in that update yesterday?

Blake
View Quote
That should have been it. Although I could see them slipping something in to fix the gold bar glitch.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 1:45:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Does anyone have a master list of user names for RDR2 online?

My screen name is PanzaBoy on PS4.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 5:55:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Does anyone have a master list of user names for RDR2 online?

My screen name is PanzaBoy on PS4.
View Quote
I'll put you up in the OP. Hopefully more follow.

@Triggerfisher_of_Men
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 11:40:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Thanks. I'm collecting names in the GD thread as well.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 10:38:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Post them here, and I'll put them up in gaming. That thread will eventually be archived. Right now it's on page 7. It's not too far away.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 3:05:23 PM EDT
[#28]
So from what I'm seeing the economy of RDR2 Online is just as horrifically broken as the economy of the regular game... just backwards.

In single player RDR2 the game throws ludicrous piles of cash at you constantly so that it quickly becomes pointless, since you have enough ammo, clothes, horses, weapons, and supplies WITHOUT the thousands and thousands of dollars the game pumps into you. Meanwhile on RDR2 Online you earn pennies per mission and hundredths of fractions of gold in an economy in which everything costs full gold bars and thousands of dollars meaning you can't afford shit.

Who is running the in game economy? Zimbabweans turned Venezuelans?
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 3:07:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
So from what I'm seeing the economy of RDR2 Online is just as horrifically broken as the economy of the regular game... just backwards.

In single player RDR2 the game throws ludicrous piles of cash at you constantly so that it quickly becomes pointless, since you have enough ammo, clothes, horses, weapons, and supplies WITHOUT the thousands and thousands of dollars the game pumps into you. Meanwhile on RDR2 Online you earn pennies per mission and hundredths of fractions of gold in an economy in which everything costs full gold bars and thousands of dollars meaning you can't afford shit.

Who is running the in game economy? Zimbabweans turned Venezuelans?
View Quote
That makes online even more attractive.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 9:26:42 PM EDT
[#30]
TOXIC_Stryker if anyone wants to add me on ps4
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 1:45:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Put you up in the OP.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 7:38:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Caught an 18lb sturgeon out by the boats on Flat Iron.
Not sure if it was legendary, but was taken back to camp right away.

You can have 2 horses with you at all times.

I hate dominoes. On the 3 win challenge. No joy.

Burning through challenges more than story line right now.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:54:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Caught an 18lb sturgeon out by the boats on Flat Iron.
Not sure if it was legendary, but was taken back to camp right away.

You can have 2 horses with you at all times.

I hate dominoes. On the 3 win challenge. No joy.

Burning through challenges more than story line right now.
View Quote
You'll know if it was a legendary. You mail those out. Dominoes is a bitch. Good luck on getting that challenge done. It took me forever. Make sure you wipe after you poop.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 4:22:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Post them here, and I'll put them up in gaming. That thread will eventually be archived. Right now it's on page 7. It's not too far away.
View Quote
luny421 on PSN
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 8:07:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

luny421 on PSN
View Quote
Got you up in OP.
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 1:17:52 AM EDT
[#36]
I picked this up this week, everyone at work is talking about it.  WHile I game on Everything and seem to play Everything, the GTA and RDR series I never did.  So, this is the first entry in the series for me.

Anyway, jumped right in to the Online bit.  It's pretty fun!

Kamicosmos on the PS4.    (I dabble in World of Tanks on PS4 and PC and used to play R6 and CoD4 with the Arfclans way back.)
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 12:45:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I picked this up this week, everyone at work is talking about it.  WHile I game on Everything and seem to play Everything, the GTA and RDR series I never did.  So, this is the first entry in the series for me.

Kamicosmos on the PS4.    (I dabble in World of Tanks on PS4 and PC and used to play R6 and CoD4 with the Arfclans way back.)
View Quote
I put your name up in the OP. I need to get back on it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 6:27:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Play the single player story.

Red Dead Redemption 2 might be the best game I've ever played.  It might even top the Witcher 3.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 9:17:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Play the single player story.

Red Dead Redemption 2 might be the best game I've ever played.  It might even top the Witcher 3.
View Quote
It's definitely up there that's for sure.
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 5:44:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Worst thing about this game:

Being eaten by wolves or cougars after getting a Legendary animal.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 6:05:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It's definitely up there that's for sure.
View Quote
I care about Arthur and the other characters in a way I'm not sure I ever have in a video game.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 7:01:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Just got the game, ps4 tag dikler
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 5:47:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Stump701.

Just started online yesterday. Leveling up is going to be tough.

Arfcom posse yet?
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 12:23:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Stump701.

Just started online yesterday. Leveling up is going to be tough.

Arfcom posse yet?
View Quote
No posse yet. I haven't been on in awhile due to not seeing anyone. I'm still putting people's names up in the OP though. Which system are you on?
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 5:50:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

No posse yet. I haven't been on in awhile due to not seeing anyone. I'm still putting people's names up in the OP though. Which system are you on?
View Quote
PS4, sorry. Have an old Army buddy that will want to get
in on a big posse.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 6:44:00 PM EDT
[#46]
I must be doing something wrong, I hunt, bring back the animal and it won’t let me donate it?
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 5:46:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I must be doing something wrong, I hunt, bring back the animal and it won’t let me donate it?
View Quote
You talking story line at camp? Walk up to the chow wagon table.
Options appear. Leave everything on horse.

Online: Anyone else use 2 horses for hunting?

You can make perfect kills with scoped bolt action.
Don’t bother spending money on stable space because
you can’t bond and saddle wild horses.

Too bad, it was a good source of money.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 5:59:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think I figured it out.

If not I’m gonna plug the fat cook. M
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 4:00:28 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
I got attacked by a gang of bandits and lost my legendary bear.  Can I kill another one or was that it?
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 7:48:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I got attacked by a gang of bandits and lost my legendary bear.  Can I kill another one or was that it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you lose your shot or did you lose the pelt?

If the pelt, it automatically arrives at the trapper. If the shot, you may have to wait a bit and you’ll get another chance.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top