Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/19/2017 1:47:05 PM EDT
Pre-loading is now open. 
Servers go live at 10am PT on 10/24.

Destiny 1 console players, make sure to merge your Bungie/Battlenet accounts.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 5:23:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks! Downloading now.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 11:24:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I guess since I did the beta I'm already preloaded. it doesn't give me a option to preload
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 4:08:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I guess since I did the beta I'm already preloaded. it doesn't give me a option to preload
View Quote
Did you pre-purchase it? I did and it a 32 gig download the other night.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 10:29:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
Weird. My download was only 21 gig and I played beta.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 3:33:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
I pre ordered it back in august
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 5:08:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Weird. My download was only 21 gig and I played beta.
View Quote
Yep.. Total folder is 49.6 gigs.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 11:40:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Mine's only 35.1... Didn't play the Beta on this PC.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 8:36:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Mine's only 35.1... Didn't play the Beta on this PC.
View Quote
Imteresting... Did you get the Digital Deluxe or standard? I played the beta on mine but that had to be bigger than 14 gigs.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 4:04:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Crap, I just bought a 480 GB SSD a few months ago to put my games on, and now it only has 45.5 GB free.  I knew I should have gotten a 1 TB. 
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 6:16:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 6:34:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 6:38:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 11:16:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I've never played warlock before so...is it normal for me having difficulty jumping to places I could normally get to with my titan no sweat,
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 12:04:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I've never played warlock before so...is it normal for me having difficulty jumping to places I could normally get to with my titan no sweat,
View Quote
Yup, I'm usually a titan but decided to roll warlock as a main this time, the warlock jump is tricky. Definitely go with whatever the middle option is, something about more speed I think, or even the third option, the first one is trash. Titan jump is bae. I had probably 1k hours as a titan in d1, and played d2 on ps4 for a little bit as a titan, got old just doing the same old same old so warlock it is (better than being a scumbag hunter )
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 7:53:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yup, I'm usually a titan but decided to roll warlock as a main this time, the warlock jump is tricky. Definitely go with whatever the middle option is, something about more speed I think, or even the third option, the first one is trash. Titan jump is bae. I had probably 1k hours as a titan in d1, and played d2 on ps4 for a little bit as a titan, got old just doing the same old same old so warlock it is (better than being a scumbag hunter )
View Quote
For me Warlock was the easiest by far for jumping for D1. Titan the send best. Rolled a titan the first time around for D2 and warlock will be my second character.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 2:57:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 5:50:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 6:19:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 7:01:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 7:31:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:08:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 9:11:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 1:01:21 AM EDT
[#23]
I went with the Hunter and spec'ed all my points into the arcstrider. I've got a few in Gunslinger, but i can see how that would come in handy. I'm lvl 18 and I'm at 48% on getting something with an arrow.  I'm n00b, but I'm having a lot of fun with the community events and I've got forest dude, sea platform lady and the gun guy at the farm topped off for my reward when I get level 20.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 3:18:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 5:09:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 5:48:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 10:58:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 11:27:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Being new to Destiny I didn't know about turning the public events into heroic ones.

Destiny 2 - All 8 Heroic Public Events - How to Unlock & Activate Heroic Public Events
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 11:46:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 12:13:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 2:13:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 2:15:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 3:28:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

More questions - how do you add mods, can you only use a mod once (i.e. once attached, it is "used up" and can't be used elsewhere), and same question for custom colors - are they one use each?  I'm assuming "yes" to both, since you get them in quantities and that would seem pointless if they have unlimited re-uses.
View Quote
Right click on an item to bring up the in-depth information. Will be able to apply mods and shaders (color/skin). Here you will also be able to see the actual weapon perks and such as well.

Once a mod is tied to a weapon, it's tied to a weapon. You can replace it, but you don't get it back. Edit: Same with shaders.

You can purchase mods with glimmer from Banshee 44 (after finishing the campaign). You will be able to straight up purchase legendary mods in exchange for lower level mods once you hit power level 280. You also can straight up gamble for random legendary mods in exchange for glimmer and mod components.

Mods do stack between items, ie the same mod on three items will give you the full 3x.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 4:44:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 4:58:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Cool, thanks. My glimmer counter has stopped at 99999+.  Is it still counting or should I spend some?
View Quote
It maxed out.

Spend them on mods or on Cayde's zone maps to find some loot.
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 10:52:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Yeah, wait unti you’re level 20 to start turning in your planetary materials and tokens. You’ll get legendary quality engrams and you have to be level 20 to decode/equip those anyway. Plus the higher your power level is, the higher power level those engrams will decode at.
View Quote
If we have engrams and are holding on to them do they scale with your level or do they lock at the level you receive them?
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 11:21:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

If we have engrams and are holding on to them do they scale with your level or do they lock at the level you receive them?
View Quote
Engrams are locked to the level they drop at. No point in holding.
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 12:05:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 3:03:12 PM EDT
[#39]
What a fucking waste of fifty fucking dollars.

What the fuck?  I'm supposed to jump and fly around like Peter Fucking Pan?  

I can't do any of the fucking main story line quests.  I rolled a Warlock, and this fucking toon can't jump to save his life.  

How the fuck am I supposed to play this game?  I can not make it past the Hope / Riptide Quests.  About the only way I found to be able to make these faggoty assed jumps is to consume my Super, but that doesn't do shit for jumping up, only over.

I'm going to kick some ass at work Monday from the chumps who told me this game was good.  What a fucking waste of time and money.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 3:09:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 3:23:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The warlock jump takes some getting used to. 
View Quote
How does one fly "up"?  I've watched u-tube vids of others players jumping and flying with no issues.  I can't do anything except fall and die.  

Wasted the past two days trying to complete the main storyline mission Hope / Riptide.  

This game sucks ass.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 3:36:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

How does one fly "up"?  I've watched u-tube vids of others players jumping and flying with no issues.  I can't do anything except fall and die.  

Wasted the past two days trying to complete the main storyline mission Hope / Riptide.  

This game sucks ass.  
View Quote
Warlocks get a jump and glide. Titans get a double jump and small glide. Currently working on a hunter and they get a double jump with the second jump being a super jump.
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 3:39:57 PM EDT
[#43]
I didn't pay $50 to be this frustrated.

FUCK this game.
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 3:47:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Are you putting your skill points into your jumps? You have 3 different jump abilities. No need to get worked up over something so trivial. The game can be completed as is for a Warlock. Mine has completed the story with only 2 small hang ups, but that was fixed by changing my jump ability.
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 4:06:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
What a fucking waste of fifty fucking dollars.

What the fuck?  I'm supposed to jump and fly around like Peter Fucking Pan?  

I can't do any of the fucking main story line quests.  I rolled a Warlock, and this fucking toon can't jump to save his life.  

How the fuck am I supposed to play this game?  I can not make it past the Hope / Riptide Quests.  About the only way I found to be able to make these faggoty assed jumps is to consume my Super, but that doesn't do shit for jumping up, only over.

I'm going to kick some ass at work Monday from the chumps who told me this game was good.  What a fucking waste of time and money.  
View Quote
I feel your pain, I hate jumping puzzles. (edit:hit the wrong key and submitted too early)  It takes a little getting used to. There was 1 mission on Titan (something about a ritual and there were 3 small, skinny black rocks you had to navigate to get on top of a platform) and 1 on Nessus (collecting data and the platforms would randomly shock you, so you had to bounce back and forth) that I almost had a "come apart" trying to do, but my hangup was I'm so used to double clicking the spacebar to grab onto things in another game that I play that it's become a bad habit. Kinda sucks having to start over form a save point, but at least they don't pilfer your money for dying.
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 4:18:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 6:05:32 PM EDT
[#47]
If you're on the jump I think you are on, instead of trying to jump all the way up to the platform, look at the wall to the right, there is a ledge you can land on, then jump up and around the corner from there.

Hard to see in this image, but in the red circle against the wall. Instead of going straight to the top platform on the left.

My wife, who rolled warlock, quit until I got home and loaded up to that exact same part. It's easy to Hunter triple jump up, but for a Warlock, much easier to use the little ledge.
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 9:01:33 PM EDT
[#48]
I died quite a few times on that jump but I eventually made it. You'll make it eventually...
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 10:32:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
If you're on the jump I think you are on...
View Quote
LOL, nope I lost my shit and rage quit way before that section.  I think there is something wrong with the Warlock jumps in the map I was attempting.  This toon will not jump UP and over in this section of the game.  I can jump over using the "SUPER", then have to wait for the SUPER to recharge for the next long distance span.  But jump UP, no fucking way this guy will make it.  

And Yes, I know how to jump with the Warlock, and have unlock all the jump abilities.  If I play in the EDZ, I can jump and glide like a rockstar.  In the main story quest line?  Nothing but death.  I wonder if the jump ability is tied to level?  I did spend a lot of time in the EDZ and have this toon at level 13 when trying the main quest.  And as far as this being a "trivial" problem, well I am out of quests and have no way to further progress until I complete this quest line.  So, the game was broke for me.  

I did say was.  I logged in after I rage quit and found my toon was still in the middle of the map in the quest Riptide.  I don't know what I did, but in an attempt to see if this fucking warlock will glide on the map, I ended up jumping and falling to my death for the 87th time.  Except this time instead of falling in the water and respawning, I landed on a lower ledge and died due to the fall.  I guess this death was different than falling into the water, and the game "reset" me at a checkpoint, which was well past all the bullshit jumps.  Then I got into another bad section, fell, landed on a lower landing, died, and was again "reset" way past all the bullshit jumps again.  

So basically I cheated, but the game is broke in this section anyway, so again, fuck this game.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 12:00:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

So basically I cheated, but the game is broke in this section anyway, so again, fuck this game.  
View Quote
How is it broke?

I've done the entire campaign, and have done Riptide on two toons now.

ETA:

Should hop in discord, get with us.  I am currently running it a third time on a hunter lol.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top