Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2017 10:43:57 AM EDT
I'm eager to play when I get home from work tonight. I saw a few of the folks on my Steam friends list are already playing. I preordered it through Amazon as I had credits I had to burn, and since this was going to be a UPlay game no matter where I got it my copy is UPlay only (and not Steam cross-play).

I have potentially disastrously high hopes for this game... Stick of Truth was one of the funniest games I've ever played, and I started replaying it last week just to get the vibe back.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 4:30:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Totally forgot about it after they canceled my pre-order and delayed the game.

I'll pick it up asap!
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 6:57:59 PM EDT
[#2]
so how many kids are going to tell grand ma they want "the fractured but whole" for christmas?
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 7:00:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I am going to get it but I am waiting to finish Shadows of War.

Having too much fun running around killing orcs that come up with hilarious personality quips.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 8:48:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I played through the intro and a little bit into the game.

I have to be honest that it isn't grabbing me as much as Stick of Truth did. I can't put my finger on it but this one feels watered down somehow... I'm hoping that it is just early in the game and I'm still acclimating to it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 10:25:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I have 5 hours into it and I am disappointed I dropped $100 on this.

IMO, this sucks compared to Stick of Truth. Just for the user interface alone. 

The fighting mechanics, fine...I'll learn that better. But it still stinks. 

I guess I had my expectations up way too high for this game. 
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 10:28:09 PM EDT
[#6]
The difficulty selection when making a character...

I watched the latest south park episode and noticed the game had some crossover stuff from it... I wonder how much more there will be in future episodes.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 10:39:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The difficulty selection when making a character...
View Quote
That was one of the big laughs I had so far.

The others were the "CAR!" moments and the priest battle.

I'm not sure why but the dialog doesn't seem as on point as it was in Stick of Truth. I was constantly laughing my ass off in SoT at the quips and blurbs... this time around there just doesn't seem like there are as many zingers and one liners... it could be because in SoT you had a constant companion and this time around you are wandering around alone.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 7:50:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Pre-ordered back in January. Pre-loaded through Uplay a few days ago. Started playing at 11pm Central/12 midnight Atlantic when it unlocked.

So far I'm in the same boat. Not as engaging or funny as Stick of Truth. Made it through the first day and night. I picked Blaster with Elementalist as my secondary. Looking forward to playing around with class changes. Not sure how useful the Crafting aspect is going to be.

Having a hell of a time with button timing, especially blocking.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 4:12:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I got to play a little of it last night. I like it so far. lots of great little easter egg references to the show.

looking forward to getting further into it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 5:02:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:12:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Just encountered my first bug.

After doing the Mr. Mackey mission the game glitched and kept playing the selection screen music through the rest of my play time.

It was actually kind of hilarious hearing that "berp ba ba herp ba berp lerp ba merp derp" song the whole time.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 9:54:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Randy: “Just waiting for the P. F. Chang’s and the coffee to kick in.”

The Sandblaster buddy power.

Link Posted: 10/21/2017 8:46:12 AM EDT
[#13]
The more I play, the better it gets!

There needs to be a large compilation of quotes from this game. There are too many good one-liners to remember.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 5:09:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Damn how long is this game? I have 14 hours in and still have a lot to unlock.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 6:12:54 PM EDT
[#15]
The game is getting slightly funnier the longer I play, however I'm also encountering more and more bugs, crashes and glitches.

MICROAGGRESSION! HIT HIM!
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 12:06:37 AM EDT
[#16]
I haven't run into any bug so far except the black fullscreen bug on release day which a ton of other people were having, but they fixed that pretty quick.

I'm about 2/3rds of the way through it now I think, and I'm having fun.  It's not as good as the Stick of Truth IMO.  Not sure if it's because the jokes aren't as funny, or because the superhero setting isn't as good as the fantasy one, or it the novelty has worn off by this second game, or what.  It's still a good game and I'll play it through, but it's not quite hitting me like the previous game.  I think the combat system is better with the ability to move around the map, but not a whole lot else has changed.

There haven't really been any "holy shit they went there" moments yet either like the parts from the first game where you are avoiding your dad's balls or fighting aborted nazi fetuses.  There's one part with Eric Cartman's mom that starts to get there, but it's only a minor sidequest and they don't take it to the same level, at least not so far.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 12:19:04 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm 5 hours into it.  I think the Stick of Truth had a better beginning.  We'll see if it can beat the end of the first one.  The story isn't sticking yet.  They are missing with the whole civil war stuff.  But some of the dialog and items names are keeping me attentive.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 1:01:45 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm enjoying it.  The fighting system is great and it has some really funny dialogue.  The stripper sequence was hilarious.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 1:10:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Played all the way through this past week. The Mitch Connell fights were a bitch and ended up having to lower the difficulty. Hit several glitches when fighting Kyle's cousin once he turns into a giant mutant. Had to restart the battle probably 6 times before I could complete it. Overall, I like it. Going to have to replay it sometime to see if I pick up on any jokes/etc that I may have missed the first time around. 
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 3:54:58 AM EDT
[#20]
All i've been playing the last week.  Love it.   The strip club fight gave me a lot of anxiety and lol's.   Just finished the retirement home part, which I think tied in alittle bit with last Wednesdays episode also.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 4:58:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Well, I came to a part that matches the fucked-upness of the previous games.  Well then...
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 5:15:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Well, I came to a part that matches the fucked-upness of the previous games.  Well then...
View Quote
Does it involve the cops?

Link Posted: 10/23/2017 6:40:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Does it involve the cops?

View Quote
Nah, that was lulzy but didn't seem over the top for what SP usually does.  My WTF moment was in Mephesto's lab.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 7:37:40 AM EDT
[#24]
The fucking Click To View Spoiler boss battle! Arrrrrgh!!! How the fuck do you beat him? Most frustrated I've been with a game in a long time.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:33:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The fucking Click To View Spoiler boss battle! Arrrrrgh!!! How the fuck do you beat him? Most frustrated I've been with a game in a long time.
View Quote
Flip from day or night and strike when your ultimate stike is ready. Hit him with all you got. Heal until the meter is full again. Rinse and repeat. Shouldn't take more then 2-3 times. 
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 8:25:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
For the boss battles I've found that super Craig is one of the better guys to have in the party - if you use him to enrage the boss from a long distance away, the boss will spend a while moving around and trying to get to him instead of attacking the rest of the party.

Also Kenny's ultimate seems to be the most powerful by far, especially against bosses.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 10:22:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Flip from day or night and strike when your ultimate stike is ready. Hit him with all you got. Heal until the meter is full again. Rinse and repeat. Shouldn't take more then 2-3 times. 
View Quote
I can barely even make it to the first time shift. Stupid fat fuck crowds everyone back, ends up killing a couple and traps them in the glitch where they’re on the same squares and can’t do anything. It’s all I can do to even keep two characters alive and get rid of gross-out.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 11:25:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I can barely even make it to the first time shift. Stupid fat fuck crowds everyone back, ends up killing a couple and traps them in the glitch where they’re on the same squares and can’t do anything. It’s all I can do to even keep two characters alive and get rid of gross-out.
View Quote
The glitch is a bitch and I had to redo the battle several times. I also had to drop the difficulty to casual in order to beat him. Also try to split your team to opposite sides of the field. Call girl is handy for the ranged attack with defense down. 
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 6:51:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The glitch is a bitch and I had to redo the battle several times. I also had to drop the difficulty to casual in order to beat him. Also try to split your team to opposite sides of the field. Call girl is handy for the ranged attack with defense down. 
View Quote
How do I split my team? Call Girl is one of my go-to's and usually the last one alive.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 7:16:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

How do I split my team? Call Girl is one of my go-to's and usually the last one alive.
View Quote
You need to use characters that can move long distances, like Timmy.

Though even that might not be necessary.  IIRC, my party at that boss was Kenny, Butters, and Craig.  Worked OK.  Like I said, I used Craig to enrage him from a distance, then used my other characters, Kenny's ult especially, to deal the damage.

Click To View Spoiler

On a different note, it's crazy how different people have problems with different bosses.  I got through the above boss with no real problems in a single try, but the tentacle monster earlier in the game took me FOREVER to defeat.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 7:28:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Yeah, Shub-Niggurath was a motherfucker.

Maybe I'll have to do some tinkering with my powers/team

Currently using assassin's ultimate, plantmancer's charm attack, speedster's ranged hit, and blaster's eye beam ranged attack. Team members are Call Girl (Phone Destroyer makes me giggle every time), Jimmy, and Captain Diabetes.

Fat fuck backs me up to the edge of the field and just has his way with me.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 7:33:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Yeah, Shub-Niggurath was a motherfucker.

Maybe I'll have to do some tinkering with my powers/team

Currently using assassin's ultimate, plantmancer's charm attack, speedster's ranged hit, and blaster's eye beam ranged attack. Team members are Call Girl (Phone Destroyer makes me giggle every time), Jimmy, and Captain Diabetes.

Fat fuck backs me up to the edge of the field and just has his way with me.
View Quote
He doesn't take up the whole field though - you can move around him.  I think he takes up an area 2 spaces deep and 3 or 4 long, but the battle map is 4 squares deep, I believe.  3 at least.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 7:44:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

He doesn't take up the whole field though - you can move around him.  I think he takes up an area 2 spaces deep and 3 or 4 long, but the battle map is 4 squares deep, I believe.  3 at least.
View Quote
Ooooooooohhhhhhh. I didn't realize you could go above/below to get around him.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:50:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Well, my game is in a permanent glitch state.

I'm trapped in Click To View Spoiler because my game glitches out and stalls either on the second enemy turn or on my first turn. It doesn't lock up, it just fails to perform a turn. All input is dead except escape to menu.

Looks like I'm back to square one as I failed to obey the first rule of PC gaming: multiple save states. Both of my save states are stuck because they are both inside the locked area I'm in, and the only thing to do is engage the combat sequence that fails every single time.

I guess I'm in the minority with this but god damn if this game is a buggy pile of shit compared to Stick of Truth. I had zero problems with SoT and I've had nothing but with this game.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 8:12:51 AM EDT
[#35]
I never had any problems with battle and never even had a glitch up until one room in Mephisto's lab. Character would not move left with either the controller or the keyboard. Had to exit and re-enter to get it to work. After the nearly year-long delay, you would think they would have worked out all the bugs.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 9:22:22 AM EDT
[#36]
I've had a litany of glitches, bugs and problems. The most prevalent are combat freezes / lockouts like the one I have now where the game just... stops. The music keeps playing and everything keeps animating in a perpetual "waiting" cycle but the game won't perform any actions or accept any input. All it will let you do is exit to the pause menu. Every other time I had this bug I could exit, restart and it would either stop doing that or I'd leave that area / fight and go do something else and it wouldn't occur the next time I tried that particular fight.

Other major issues I've been having are the "two characters in one space" glitch that others have reported, I've had the character sheet chooser music glitch and keep playing throughout the game two different times, I've had the game's graphics fail to load on startup multiple times which require alt-tabbing out and back into the game to jump start it, whenever Towlie pops up on screen he overrides any active audio clips and causes those same audio clips to not function again during that playthrough (example I'll talk to someone and their audio clip will begin playing, but it will stop as Towlie will pop up and say his bit, and when I try to talk to that person again they animate but no audio plays back), breakable items in the world will become unbreakable until I exit the area and re-enter, certain containers and drawers will not register as looted and can be opened and closed multiple times, during combat some moves refuse to tilt left unless you hold down left on the controller, and lastly while I'm not sure I can directly blame the game for this but my XBOX elite controller keeps dropping and reconnecting multiple times per play session (which it doesn't do with other games, I think this is a UPlay issue and not a FBW issue though).

Edit: The game patched itself yesterday and I was hoping some of these issues would be fixed, but then my game glitched into the unwinnable state it was in so I just started a new game. So far I've seen some of the glitches again in my new play through.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 9:25:26 AM EDT
[#37]
What system? I have the PC version.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 9:26:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
What system? I have the PC version.
View Quote
I'm on PC as well (Windows 10).
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 10:54:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Finally beat that fat fuck, and the game, this morning!

I dunno, maybe it’s unfair to compare it to TSoT, but Stick was probably an 8. Fractured I’d give maybe a 6.
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 9:56:46 AM EDT
[#40]
So they must have "fixed" the infinite money glitch on PC? I can't get it to work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top