Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2017 5:47:09 PM EDT
Skyrim Survival Mode's Price of Admission is a Ludicrous $15

Case in point.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 7:31:01 AM EDT
[#1]
All they do is re-release the same game over and over, while implementing stupid crap like this.

At least there's this amazing video

Link Posted: 10/1/2017 8:24:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All they do is re-release the same game over and over, while implementing stupid crap like this.

At least there's this amazing video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvGXCisAaR4
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 3:47:12 PM EDT
[#3]
It's stupid.  On PC there's no way they can compete with higher quality, larger mods that come out quicker and are FREE.

This was obviously Bethesda looking at the console space and thinking they had a closed marketplace and a captive audience who would be forced to put up with whatever bullshit they decided to serve.

The main takeaway is that if you really want to mod games, don't half ass it.  Go PC or go home.  At least until Bethesda tries clamping down on the Nexus in a bid to force people to the creation club.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 4:08:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Sigh. First EA/DICE doing stupid shit. Now Bethesda.

Would rather have a new FO than a VR FO4

Same thing with the CC on FO, free mods are better than the lol they offer.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 5:59:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The main takeaway is that if you really want to mod games, don't half ass it.  Go PC or go home.  At least until Bethesda tries clamping down on the Nexus in a bid to force people to the creation club.
View Quote
That's my concern.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 11:21:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Bethesda is dead to me. Between the shitcake that was Fallout 4 and this BS with the Creation Club I'm fucking done with them as a developer. Sad.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 9:51:15 PM EDT
[#7]
This does not effect the mod community and all those mods that are still FREE!!!  This is a nothingburger compared to the 5gb limit on mods for the X1.  You do not have to use/buy anything from Creation Club to play and enjoy the game.  

The homemade stuff is leaps and bounds better than the junk I have seen on the CC.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 4:19:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This does not effect the mod community and all those mods that are still FREE!!!  This is a nothingburger compared to the 5gb limit on mods for the X1.  You do not have to use/buy anything from Creation Club to play and enjoy the game.  

The homemade stuff is leaps and bounds better than the junk I have seen on the CC.
View Quote
Absolutely, but as I mentioned before, I fear in the future Bethesda might start locking down the game and making it harder to mod in an attempt to push people to the CC.

The next big game they put out, probably the next Elder Scrolls game, will be the big bellweather.  If they don't do anything to affect how easy it is for Nexus modders to work, I'll be happy.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 4:39:34 PM EDT
[#9]
That dude's voice was annoying as fuck.

The Todd Howard video was funny. Someone spent a lot of time and rage making that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top