Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2017 8:20:51 PM EDT
Some really cool looking stuff coming in the 1.8 patch. I, like many of you, stopped playing a while ago but started playing again and was just reading the 1.8 patch notes. Some cool looking stuff in the pipeline. Here is a good ~10 min video covering many of the changes in 1.8.
The Division | Everything Coming Patch 1.8 | Rogue 2.0, Map Expansion & 4v4 PvP

If anyone is interested in playing again I'm on (PC version) occasionally during the day, and a few nights per week. Tag is Godzillamax69.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 11:41:54 PM EDT
[#1]
The hype is real! I put 1600 hours into this game on PS4 and am now downloading it on PC. It's gonna suck leveling another character, but I love this game so much. I just hope it lives up to half the potential it has. For 1.9 I would love a battle royale mode for survival.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 8:36:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm happy to see they're listening to the community, but I'm done with The Division unless they make an entirely new game.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 11:49:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm happy to see they're listening to the community, but I'm done with The Division unless they make an entirely new game.
View Quote
They had a chance and wasted it taking months to make the game worth playing.  Was a horrible waste of a very good game.  I wanted to keep playing it so bad, but it sucked so bad.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 4:42:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
They had a chance and wasted it taking months to make the game worth playing.  Was a horrible waste of a very good game.  I wanted to keep playing it so bad, but it sucked so bad.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Perhaps your reasoning for it sucking differs than mine, but my main two gripes were the end-game instances were utterly boring and unimaginative, and the Dark Zone was just a bad idea to begin with. I had a few other gripes, like end game loot gearing became a mini-game of "how merciful is the RNG going to be to me this time," and all in all IMO there were just way to many gear sets with so many different stats the game started to feel like a gear/bank logistics simulator.

The Dark Zone was a failure to begin with because anyone who has ever played a MMO knows you never mix PvE elements and PvP elements. When you do the PvE players just become sheep for the PvP players to slaughter, thus driving away the PvE players who represent the vast majority of the player-base. Interestingly enough now that so few players play the game as a PvE player the Dark Zone is actual quite enjoyable since I rarely run into anyone, let alone anyone in there actually looking for PvP action.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 7:45:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Perhaps your reasoning for it sucking differs than mine, but my main two gripes were the end-game instances were utterly boring and unimaginative, and the Dark Zone was just a bad idea to begin with. I had a few other gripes, like end game loot gearing became a mini-game of "how merciful is the RNG going to be to me this time," and all in all IMO there were just way to many gear sets with so many different stats the game started to feel like a gear/bank logistics simulator.

The Dark Zone was a failure to begin with because anyone who has ever played a MMO knows you never mix PvE elements and PvP elements. When you do the PvE players just become sheep for the PvP players to slaughter, thus driving away the PvE players who represent the vast majority of the player-base. Interestingly enough now that so few players play the game as a PvE player the Dark Zone is actual quite enjoyable since I rarely run into anyone, let alone anyone in there actually looking for PvP action.
View Quote
Mostly the same reasons.  Major one was not having a dedicated PVP mode from the beginning.  When they released that I came back to play for a few weeks.  Playerbase size can make or break a game.  Division had it to start, and due to taking their sweet time to address issues, lost it quickly and everyone moved on.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 8:33:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 8:03:30 PM EDT
[#7]
New Global Event starts in the morning. Oct. 3rd.  Guess it was a bug with the timer.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 5:18:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Just found the GE Cache from the last Global Event.  I got the Trench mask.  If you played the last GE check the rewards vendor in the Base of Operations to get your rewards.  I had to scroll all the way down the list to find my caches.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top