Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2017 1:19:31 PM EDT
I think I'm going to do another playthrough, and my usual is to do subsequent playthroughs on harder settings with some mods (PC).

Any suggestions on what mods are worth running?  For Fallout, Skyrim, and the like, I've enjoyed mods that:
    improve graphics, gameplay, or the UI
    add weapons and gear
    add weather and other "survival" aspects

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 1:45:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag for future reading.

I'm doing a second run through as well.  I never did finish the game the first time though.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 3:25:05 PM EDT
[#2]
https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1021/?

I'm on my phone right now so I'll update a little later, but that rework of the textures makes a YUGE difference in the way the game looks. If you did Blood and Wine and got the mutation tree, Geralt is OP as all get out in play through 2.

All the mods I run are for eye candy. You can add mods that level your inventory up with you, but it kinda kills the fun.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 3:33:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
If you did Blood and Wine and got the mutation tree, Geralt is OP as all get out in play through 2.
View Quote
That's only if you run a NewGamePlus, yes?  Doesn't everything go back to ground zero otherwise?
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 4:32:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That's only if you run a NewGamePlus, yes?  Doesn't everything go back to ground zero otherwise?
View Quote
Yep. For some reason I thought that was what you were doing... NG plus, you keep all of your inventory in your stash and in your backpack minus quest rewards, books, trophies and Gwent cards.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 7:21:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Doing a new game +?  Or just starting over?

Edit:  Already answered.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 7:57:20 AM EDT
[#6]
How hard are mods to get working in TW3?

I modded the shit out of skyrim and it was easy enough, but then I started modding the Mass Effect series which took me down a very dark path where I spent twice as much time installing and troubleshooting as I did playing the damn game.

I heard rumors of CDPR releasing some sort of a mod toolset like the creation kit, but then heard it fizzled out.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 8:30:09 AM EDT
[#7]
How hard are mods to get working in TW3?
View Quote

I'll know soon
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 8:58:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Log into nexus mods and install their tool. It's pretty self explanitory. You choose which downloaded mods to run in the games from a list in their app and you can turn them on and off.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 9:04:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I heard rumors of CDPR releasing some sort of a mod toolset like the creation kit, but then heard it fizzled out.
View Quote

Debug console---  
https://steamcommunity.com/app/292030/discussions/0/343786195665968401/

There are a ton of commands for it. Just Google "witcher 3 console commands".
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 5:39:26 PM EDT
[#10]
The only one's I'd use are mods where the vendors don't charge you so damned much for crafting or buying shit.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 1:35:21 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm going to start my second playthrough soon. I like Skyrim more, so I'm thinking of doing the first person mod...
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 12:41:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I forget what it's called, but there is a combat mod that completely changes how combat works.  It makes both killing and dying easier and gets rid of monster's levels.  I'd recommend it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 2:02:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I forget what it's called, but there is a combat mod that completely changes how combat works.  It makes both killing and dying easier and gets rid of monster's levels.  I'd recommend it.
View Quote
Better Combat Enhanced maybe?
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 9:09:41 PM EDT
[#14]
use a mod that makes vendors actually have money
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 9:38:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Set it to max difficulty.

Put the mod on for weight limit and fast travel from anywhere.

I also use a mod that auto loots for me lol.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 3:34:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Better Combat Enhanced maybe?
View Quote
I think it was actually:
https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2521/?

Also, be extremely careful with the fast travel from anywhere mod.  You can break your game because you fast traveled before an event triggered.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top