Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2017 4:38:19 PM EDT
I haven't played since MoP, is there anything worth going back to see?
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 10:42:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I stopped playing because it was a massive time sink.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 5:55:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I recently quit. Spent my gold to get destiny 2, gave the rest away. I think after 10 years I'm finally done with it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 10:22:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I quit off and on. I played all through BC and up to Cataclysm. I started back 6 months before Legion dropped then quit about 3 months ago. I am going to try it out again since the new patch opened up new raids, zone, ect.

I'm gonna try destiny2 on the Pc too.

I finally have a decent I7 platform to play from some it will be nice finally to crank the graphics.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 10:07:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I played that game from launch through Burning Crusade, then came back for Wrath of the Lich King, then quit not long after that expansion and never went back. Have tried some other MMORPGs since then, but the only one that held my attention for any real duration was Star Wars the Old Republic, which I've played off and on since it launched in 2011 (often taking intermittent 6mo-12mo breaks) but finally gave up on it about a year ago.

MMORPGs are my favorite genre of PC game but I really dislike the Korean/Anime cash shop, play to win, super grindy direction so many have gone lately. I prefer the holy trinity, tab-targeting, theme park, exploration style of games with a monthly subscription. Unfortunately, so many coming on the market of late are action-oriented, sand-box, free-to-pay cash shop games which just isn't my thing. 

Only MMORPGs on the horizon I'm interested in are Camelot Unchained (I was a huge DAoC fan back in the day), and Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen. Two I'm keeping a cautious eye on are Ashes of Creation, and Project Gorgon. But none of these are likely to see a 2018 release date, and 2019 is probably more realistic. 
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 10:14:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Played off and on from release through Legion.  Just can't stay interested once current raid content is cleared.  The game becomes far to cookie cutter, every player of a class uses the same talents, same gear, same consumables.  

Really wish we could just get a graphics overhauled EQ1.  Tired of the micro transaction crap most MMOs are pushing now.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 7:26:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys.  This is, honestly, what I expected.  I miss the old game, played from vanilla launch all the way through to level 90.  (I even had two accounts full of toons)  Shame...
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 5:11:42 PM EDT
[#7]
There is always the vanilla private servers
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 8:41:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Still play. Still raid. It is a timesink though. Especially with the new artifact weapons.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 7:14:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I stopped playing because it was a massive time sink.
View Quote
WoW has been a time sink since Day 1, they've just managed to remove anything fun about it... mainly the social aspect. "Back in the day" it took you for-fucking-ever to do anything or get anywhere, but you probably ended up running into someone doing the same thing you were, and then you probably ended up with a friend after you were done.

I haven't played since Draenor dropped, but they've successfully made the game into "Log in -> Grind quests -> Grind Dailies -> LFD -> LFR -> Log off -> Rinse/Repeat"

That, along with the Min/Max aspect of the game (You MUST play THIS SPEC until you're BIS everything because mechanics!), is why I quit for good.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 12:01:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I recently quit.
New zone was terrible, more world quests/busy work.
Their whole formula is getting boring, nothing feels "intense" really. It's obvious they just want to make everything a time sink.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 4:08:57 AM EDT
[#11]
<--- points at avatar.

Holy/Disc priest Stormrage U.S.    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/stormrage/dsc  (the name was changed to dsc before disc was cool, back  in TBC for ease of puggging reasons)

ex, extremely hardcore raider. (  played from Late Vanilla, TBC, Wrath , and CAT, took 3 years off at at start of MOP after an early H Garajal kill.  Life was changing for me, work, kid getting older, and health.)

I returned mid WOD ( letdown) I have enjoyed Legion, went back to my old TBC raiding guild ( Alliance Stormrage, Mythic raiders working KJ right now,  I'm there as retired/friend  I barely raid, heck I haven't done a thing besides a little H NH, and LFR TOS, despite having a few guilds I could run with including farm nights of old raids and Heroic TOS. with my own.  I have a sick amount of AP on two specs just from dicking around and doing WQs/invasions, a few 5 man mythics, WQs, Invasions and  a lil pvp.  I've taken up Pet Collecting of all things, working on the family fighter achievement at the moment. ( finally have ALL of the breeds and pets needed for it. :D )  

I might raid argus in a friends semi mythic guild, I think we'll be in there for the fall and winter, as spring it's back to full time college and my new career *age 42 oO )

for the most part I pal around a bit with people I've known a decade or more on stormrage and a few assorted people who are casual in my guild.

I keep a halfass geared resto shammy on zuljin horde, but due to the nature of this xpack my dozen or so lvl 100-103 al;ts don't see much playtime.  

I'd lvl anything at this point just to unlock things to 110. (horde and ally) if you are back and want a leveling buddy holler.  With the cross realm crap we could group.  I just find it hard to get motivated to sink time into anything but my priest as she's my longtime main.

I still like wow, I've spent too much time in game, but meh keeps me out of trouble, my wife plays a drood on aggramar casually too.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 7:19:25 AM EDT
[#12]
I spend a few hours on the weekends playing.  Knock out at least a Mythic +10 for the week and full clear Heroic ToS within a couple hours.  Pretty much it.     The legendary system makes it hard for players returning to catch up.  Also noticing a lot of raiders/players starting to burn out.   It is indeed a time sink.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 3:05:45 AM EDT
[#13]
I'll usually play for a while and quit for long periods. I recently came back though. Seem to be liking Unholy DK a lot more than my old Mage main.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 4:44:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 5:58:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 6:31:32 AM EDT
[#16]
I played hardcore, like never leave my parents' basement hardcore, from day fucking 1. Vanilla WoW is best WoW. 40 man Molten Core FTW.

Anyway, I played through Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King and Cataclysm but I burned out. I did install Mists of Pandaria but never finished leveling through. Now, I don't have time but if I did - I'd just sit around wishing I could play the original release again.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:56:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Finally getting into mythics.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:26:34 PM EDT
[#18]
I played a crap ton of vanilla as an Arms Warrior in college and have tried to get back in from time to tied including the last expansion as a blood DK but it is too much of a time sink now plus I pretty much have to play single player games with a pregnant wife and future kid.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 10:13:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Raided with a progressive guild through the first couple expansions, it was like a second job.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 7:30:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
<--- points at avatar.

Holy/Disc priest Stormrage U.S.    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/stormrage/dsc  (the name was changed to dsc before disc was cool, back  in TBC for ease of puggging reasons)

ex, extremely hardcore raider. (  played from Late Vanilla, TBC, Wrath , and CAT, took 3 years off at at start of MOP after an early H Garajal kill.  Life was changing for me, work, kid getting older, and health.)
View Quote
From a former hack vanilla priest up through MoP (that was never dedicated enough to have one):  

Benediction / Anathema always made me drool.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top