Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2017 12:21:02 PM EDT
I'm installing FFXVI.   created an archer. *done healing, a decade was enough :P

I understand from other games, how important a server can be.
Do any of you play?  
If so where and what.  I'm about to start out in it.

( I'm a decade old WoW player/retired hardcore raider/dirty casual nowdays., maining a Holy Priest on Stormrage US Ally, and a Shammy on Zul'jin Horde)
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 12:37:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm installing FFXVI.   created an archer. *done healing, a decade was enough :P

I understand from other games, how important a server can be.
Do any of you play?  
If so where and what.  I'm about to start out in it.

( I'm a decade old WoW player/retired hardcore raider/dirty casual nowdays., maining a Holy Priest on Stormrage US Ally, and a Shammy on Zul'jin Horde)
View Quote

Do you mean FFXIV? 16 has not been released yet.

I play on Excalibur from time to time. It's one of the more populated servers, but it's closed off to new characters for most of the time, unless you transfer.

It's interesting at end game, more than WoW is. Players are alot more anal as well. People get kick happy in instances if you don't know what you're doing at all levels. Some people will actually help you in instances to help you play your class better, but those are few and far between.

I've not played Stormblood yet, but damn near every job and tradeskill is maxed at 60. Try and search for a FC ( free company AKA guild ) Some will try and help you out, if you put in the effort. My old FC would run people through instances and try and make gear for them if we had the extra time.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 3:22:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Do you mean FFXIV? 16 has not been released yet.

I play on Excalibur from time to time. It's one of the more populated servers, but it's closed off to new characters for most of the time, unless you transfer.

It's interesting at end game, more than WoW is. Players are alot more anal as well. People get kick happy in instances if you don't know what you're doing at all levels. Some people will actually help you in instances to help you play your class better, but those are few and far between.

I've not played Stormblood yet, but damn near every job and tradeskill is maxed at 60. Try and search for a FC ( free company AKA guild ) Some will try and help you out, if you put in the effort. My old FC would run people through instances and try and make gear for them if we had the extra time.
View Quote
yes, 14  

Thank you for the reply.  It's nice to be in a new MMO.  I got the lil Archer to lvl 5,  accidentally put it on Framfit... thus it's probably destined for deletion.

I'm going to log into wow and ask my Real ID friends if they play.   I played most of WoW on very high pop, med pop may be nice for a quiet change, thanks for the heads up about people being kick happy.  Nice to know that feature exists.  I usually do my homework before any new raid or instance.  I'll be doing the same with this thing.  

Wow has a new content patch coming next week, and we'll be in that raid for at least a year.... before next Xpack and we do it all againit's about to become content drought time.
I have a rather light classload this year, besides some work on my left arm via Dr. I won't hae much to do as winter is around the corner here in Wi.  

It's a good time for a new MMO.

This thing looks visually great.  I was considering Black Desert but Final Fantasy has alot of years and solid devs behind it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 4:21:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

yes, 14  

Thank you for the reply.  It's nice to be in a new MMO.  I got the lil Archer to lvl 5,  accidentally put it on Framfit... thus it's probably destined for deletion.

I'm going to log into wow and ask my Real ID friends if they play.   I played most of WoW on very high pop, med pop may be nice for a quiet change, thanks for the heads up about people being kick happy.  Nice to know that feature exists.  I usually do my homework before any new raid or instance.  I'll be doing the same with this thing.  

Wow has a new content patch coming next week, and we'll be in that raid for at least a year.... before next Xpack and we do it all againit's about to become content drought time.
I have a rather light classload this year, besides some work on my left arm via Dr. I won't hae much to do as winter is around the corner here in Wi.  

It's a good time for a new MMO.

This thing looks visually great.  I was considering Black Desert but Final Fantasy has alot of years and solid devs behind it.
View Quote
Glad to help. If you ever find yourself on Excalibur in the next week or 2, let me know and I can make some gear for you before my subscription runs out. Crafting in 14 is nothing like Wow. None of this 1 click and you make an item. You actually need a separate set of crafting gear, which runs about 20 million gil at a minimum. I've seen people sink over 100 million gil to have a fully melded crafting set. Probably more now. You also need a crafting rotation. I'm talking 50 to 100 or so button presses to make 1 item. You can actually lose millions if you fail a high end combine. 1 positive with 14 crafting, you can buy a good amount of base components from a vendor, but it's a cash sink.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 5:28:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Glad to help. If you ever find yourself on Excalibur in the next week or 2, let me know and I can make some gear for you before my subscription runs out. Crafting in 14 is nothing like Wow. None of this 1 click and you make an item. You actually need a separate set of crafting gear, which runs about 20 million gil at a minimum. I've seen people sink over 100 million gil to have a fully melded crafting set. Probably more now. You also need a crafting rotation. I'm talking 50 to 100 or so button presses to make 1 item. You can actually lose millions if you fail a high end combine. 1 positive with 14 crafting, you can buy a good amount of base components from a vendor, but it's a cash sink.
View Quote
Thank You, thats awesome of you.  I'm going to hop on and lvl the archer a bit, poke at some other classes.  Kinda familiarize myself a tad bit,  see what I like and make sure before I comitt to a class.  If I buy the game I'll put in for a transfer and shoot you a PM.  I'll buy/do whatever I can on my end.

going to enjoy being a noob for a bit.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 5:44:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thank You, thats awesome of you.  I'm going to hop on and lvl the archer a bit, poke at some other classes.  Kinda familiarize myself a tad bit,  see what I like and make sure before I comitt to a class.  If I buy the game I'll put in for a transfer and shoot you a PM.  I'll buy/do whatever I can on my end.

going to enjoy being a noob for a bit.
View Quote
People have helped me out in the past, so I'm paying it forward. If you are actually wanting to play on Excalibur,
Keep trying to make a new character and see if you get in. The best time to try is right after maintenance.
Just as a FYI, if you're playing archer to go bard,  you'll lose most of your mobility at level 52
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 9:28:57 AM EDT
[#6]
@Ilikeplants

How are you liking the game so far?
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 8:15:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
@Ilikeplants

How are you liking the game so far?
View Quote
I like it, I started a pugleist to go along with the bard, but honestly, I've gotten sucked back to WoW. ( posted in that thread)

I'll prob play FF over the winter during our dry period in wow.  right now RL/College/Working on spare car/Getting DNR certs, has curbed my gaming.

but I shall be back to it, and main/move a toon to Excalibur.  

@Stitches1974  If you play any wow hit me up, I'll give you my real ID.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 8:20:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I like it, I started a pugleist to go along with the bard, but honestly, I've gotten sucked back to WoW. ( posted in that thread)

I'll prob play FF over the winter during our dry period in wow.  right now RL/College/Working on spare car/Getting DNR certs, has curbed my gaming.

but I shall be back to it, and main/move a toon to Excalibur.  

@Stitches1974  If you play any wow hit me up, I'll give you my real ID.
View Quote
@Ilikeplants I quit playing WoW a few months back, but I'll still be using the Blizzard app for Destiny 2. If you ever play that game ( Oct 24th release date ) let me know.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 3:43:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Wish there were more people playing. Finding it hard to continue to play this game. People either want you to be l33t or are anti-social at best.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top