BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 5:31:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In case anyone missed it in this week’s bungie update, here’s the upcoming faction armor:

Dead Orbit
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/394169/8FD84623-F7AC-4962-8FC0-21C896B38001-313885.JPG

Future War Cult
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/394169/8431353C-E24D-4482-83AF-9A16E976339F-313883.JPG

New Monarchy (my favorite)
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/394169/85CEAA7F-8E0F-4500-A0B4-A7C822D22F13-313884.JPG

Apparently the faction that “wins” gets to purchase a nice weapon at the end of each season for 10,000 glimmer, while the losing factions will still be able to purchase it but will have to spend 50,000!
View Quote
Hurray for reskins!
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 8:16:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I bought the rocket launcher. I don't see it being useful in the raid, although I haven't tried to raid and am just going off of what I've read. It's very situational IMHO. If you need to spray down a mob at medium range or melt a heavy at close range it's a beast. The tougher high value targets that would take me a few minutes now get melted in about 3 shots from it, if that (I'm only 260 light btw). It's pretty uncontrollable but it's a very fun launcher and the best way to describe it would be if gjallarhorn and a shotgun had a baby.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get your best rocket launcher in the game right now from Xur!!!!

(Coincidentally, or perhaps not, Xur is currently selling the best heavy weapon in the game and warlock sunbracers... He did the same the second time Xur showed up in D1.)
I bought the rocket launcher. I don't see it being useful in the raid, although I haven't tried to raid and am just going off of what I've read. It's very situational IMHO. If you need to spray down a mob at medium range or melt a heavy at close range it's a beast. The tougher high value targets that would take me a few minutes now get melted in about 3 shots from it, if that (I'm only 260 light btw). It's pretty uncontrollable but it's a very fun launcher and the best way to describe it would be if gjallarhorn and a shotgun had a baby.
The baths/pools part of the raid, where you have to shoot the groups of purple things. Two people with the rocket launcher focusing on each group can destroy them all within one round easily.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:57:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get your best rocket launcher in the game right now from Xur!!!!

(Coincidentally, or perhaps not, Xur is currently selling the best heavy weapon in the game and warlock sunbracers... He did the same the second time Xur showed up in D1.)
Might be good to stick it right in the face of the dogs after you slap them with a pulse grenade
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:58:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Also son of a bitch Callus is hard.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 10:18:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
That thing does way more damage than I anticipated. It looks like most of your rockets are going to miss when you fire it, but the damage is impressive. I crushed that Servitor in the Fallen event near Exodus Black with it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 10:20:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Made it to 275 this weekend, so I'm hoping to get into a Nightfall or maybe even the raid next weekend.

Let me know if anyone needs another for their team Friday night or Saturday day/night.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 4:08:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Factions are back! I'm pledging to NM.

They added their markers on the tower map but the vendors are not there until tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 4:12:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 8:45:14 AM EDT
[#9]
They must have done something with loot drops because this is what I got after just an hour this morning...

Faction tokens and engrams are dropping a lot!

Turning in all the faction tokens only got me multiples of the faction legs, shotgun, and auto rifle...
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 11:04:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
They must have done something with loot drops because this is what I got after just an hour this morning...

https://i.imgur.com/gfRmVjt.jpg

Turning in all the faction tokens only got me multiples of the faction legs, shotgun, and auto rifle...
View Quote
Were you farming pub events or?
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 11:05:45 AM EDT
[#11]
We beat Callus last night, I got a helmet that is 305 but nothing else.  Puts me at 295 and my best energy weapon is still 285 so I should see a nice bump when I get a better one.

I can't wait to try and get that faction armor.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 11:19:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 1:37:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Did you turn your emperor's tokens in to the sweeper bot in the tower?  I got more loot from those tokens than I did from clearing the raid. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We beat Callus last night, I got a helmet that is 305 but nothing else.  Puts me at 295 and my best energy weapon is still 285 so I should see a nice bump when I get a better one.

I can't wait to try and get that faction armor.
Did you turn your emperor's tokens in to the sweeper bot in the tower?  I got more loot from those tokens than I did from clearing the raid. 
Yup, all I got were items lower level than the ones I had.

I just did my Flashpoint and got a 305 Vigilance Wing.  But since all my best guns are Exotic it didn't bump my power level any higher than 295.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 1:50:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah, and lost sectors. The faction mission is to loot a bunch of crap in lost sectors.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 1:57:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
yeah, and lost sectors. The faction mission is to loot a bunch of crap in lost sectors.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did two of those, easy as pie.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 2:03:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah, I'm surprised the Lost Sectors aren't harder.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 6:05:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Looking for a trials and nightfall team this week.  Can't seem to get timing right with anyone.  Mostly be playing late Friday/Saturday night.  Power level 290. PSN: JDcarrel
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 9:39:31 AM EDT
[#18]
I finished all my milestones yesterday and made it to PL 300!

One question I have is that the Raid still shows up as a milestone on my list, but we beat it.  It's not showing for any of my friends anymore, is that a bug or what?  If the game thinks I didn't finish part of the raid then how do I find out which part and do it again?
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 10:27:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

One question I have is that the Raid still shows up as a milestone on my list, but we beat it.  It's not showing for any of my friends anymore, is that a bug or what?  If the game thinks I didn't finish part of the raid then how do I find out which part and do it again?
View Quote
There's a challeneg to complete all the parts too, does that show at 100%? Either a bug or you joined after/didn't get credit for one of the parts (gauntlet, pools, dogs, calus).
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 10:30:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
There's a challeneg to complete all the parts too, does that show at 100%? Either a bug or you joined after/didn't get credit for one of the parts (gauntlet, pools, dogs, calus).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I got some new quest called End the Arms Dealer and it says recommended PL is 300.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 4:58:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Whelp fuck this game.

Factions have a cap on packages of 30, and in all 30 I didn't get the fucking hunter cloak....

Yeah I'm just done with the RNG and timegates.

Fuck Bungie and fuck destiny.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 9:12:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 11:45:38 PM EDT
[#23]
I went Dead Orbit because inside of me there is a little goth kid screaming to get out
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 6:45:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Whelp fuck this game.

Factions have a cap on packages of 30, and in all 30 I didn't get the fucking hunter cloak....

Yeah I'm just done with the RNG and timegates.

Fuck Bungie and fuck destiny.
View Quote
I opened 10+ packages and got multiples of just 3 pieces of gear
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 6:50:34 AM EDT
[#25]
A trick for you guys. Open packages till you start getting duplicates. Once this happens go do something else for 10-15 min then go back and open more packages. The loot pool rotates a little.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 8:53:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I went Dead Orbit because inside of me there is a little goth kid screaming to get out
View Quote
I chose Dead Orbit the first time. No idea who I'll go with this time though. I'll have to give them a look this weekend.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 10:54:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
A trick for you guys. Open packages till you start getting duplicates. Once this happens go do something else for 10-15 min then go back and open more packages. The loot pool rotates a little.
View Quote
If you hit triangle on exotic engrams in your inventory it previews about 6-8 items that you can get.  If you watch it, about every 3-4 minutes it will change, sometimes all the items change sometimes just one.

So if you want a specific item or items you can wait awhile until the roll looks better and then decrypt the engram. 
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 10:56:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Holy fuck the Raid is easier at 298 PL than 278 lol.  I can put down a bather alone in seconds.  I can kill my dog in one round with only a 36x multiplier.  

We finished Gauntlets, Dogs, and Bathers in 2 hours last night...could have been much quicker.  Callus is gonna get his ass whipped tonight lol.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 2:03:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Holy fuck the Raid is easier at 298 PL than 278 lol.  I can put down a bather alone in seconds.  I can kill my dog in one round with only a 36x multiplier.  

We finished Gauntlets, Dogs, and Bathers in 2 hours last night...could have been much quicker.  Callus is gonna get his ass whipped tonight lol.
View Quote
I'm getting tired of pickup teams, I'm not opposed to helping new people but I am opposed to wasting hours on stupid people.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 2:04:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm getting tired of pickup teams, I'm not opposed to helping new people but I am opposed to wasting hours on stupid people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that's got to be really frustrating.  We have had the same 5 for everything and just keep having to find a 6th, I couldn't imagine trying that with a bunch of randos.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 2:09:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Has anyone tried the "Guided Missions" thing? And/or know exactly what those are all about?
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 2:10:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Has anyone tried the "Guided Missions" thing? And/or know exactly what those are all about?
View Quote
AFAIK it's a way for you to pull people through the mission, you have to be a certain light level and you can help people finish stuff.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 2:29:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I used it last night for the nightfall. We finished with around 5 minutes left. I was a "seeker" and had to wait for around 10 minutes before it found two guides to put me with. It seemed good enough if you don't have anyone to run something with. They may have been in a party, but we got it done without saying one word to each other. Could be different on a tougher nightfall.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 2:37:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I used it last night for the nightfall. We finished with around 5 minutes left. I was a "seeker" and had to wait for around 10 minutes before it found two guides to put me with. It seemed good enough if you don't have anyone to run something with. They may have been in a party, but we got it done without saying one word to each other. Could be different on a tougher nightfall.
View Quote
Interesting. I may end up having to do that for the Nightfalls, since I still haven't tried one.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 2:50:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Interesting. I may end up having to do that for the Nightfalls, since I still haven't tried one.
View Quote
Only thing I can add is to have an idea on how the strike works and the modifiers for the week, just in case you get in a situation like mine where nobody talked. If you get burn and time modifiers with no communication, it may be a little rough.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 9:18:57 PM EDT
[#36]
You guys completed a clan raid today and unlocked the engram? Nice!
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 9:45:13 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm down to do a nightfall/raid. Only 287 I think, and kinda a noob. Is there any way to get better gear when the milestones are done?

Raid/nightfall the only way?

Either way blackhalo636 is my psn if someone needs an extra.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 10:27:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I'm down to do a nightfall/raid. Only 287 I think, and kinda a noob. Is there any way to get better gear when the milestones are done?

View Quote
Exotic engram farming via heroic public events. If you don't need the exotics you just infuse them into your gear.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 10:47:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Finally hit 305 last night, those last two levels take awhile lol.  

Dogs are now easy, bathers are too.  We still struggle on the gauntlet which is the easiest part lol, mostly at the end when everyone has to run.

I hope the DLC comes out sooner than later because I can foresee myself getting bored with weekly nightfalls and raids if I'm not getting better gear.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 11:16:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
dont forget weekly crucible..which i hate because im not a pvp orientated person
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 11:19:58 PM EDT
[#41]
I need an invite to the clan.

MyName1sMud

---

I'm sure most dont know me... but others will.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 6:48:39 PM EDT
[#42]
You guys ready for some Iron Banner tomorrow? I love the armor and can't wait to see the weapons.

Link Posted: 10/9/2017 7:05:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
You guys ready for some Iron Banner tomorrow? I love the armor and can't wait to see the weapons.

https://i.imgur.com/0bz5R5N.gif
View Quote
YES
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:12:41 PM EDT
[#44]
In anticipation of lots of PvP this week, here's a list of the current best Legendary PvP weapons with both Time To Kill (TTK), aim assist, and their perks in mind per general census from breakdowns on Reddit.

Also, mods on your armor that help with kinetic or energy stability are tier 1 right now. The guns with High-Caliber Rounds are generally recommended above the others.

Auto Rifles:
Origin Story - Kinetic
Prosecutor - Energy
The Number - Energy
Uriel's Gift - Energy (w/ High-Caliber Rounds)
Scathelocke - Kinetic (w/ High-Caliber Rounds and Model 8 Red sight)
Ghost Primus - Kinetic
Martyr's Make - Energy
Galliard 42 - Energy
Guiding Star - Kinetic (w/ High-Caliber Rounds and Model 8 Red sight)
Valakadyn - Energy
Perseverance - Energy

Scout Rifles:
Pleiades Corrector - Energy (w/ High-Caliber Rounds and Spark PS sight)
Manannan SR4 - Energy (W/ Candle PS and Steady Rounds)
Nameless Midnight - Kinetic

Pulse Rifles:
Nightshade - Kinetic (w/ Tactical Mag and any of the two red dots)
Lincoln Green - Kinetic (w/ steady rounds and model 6 loop sight)

Hand Cannons:
Dire Promise - Kinetic (w/ steady rounds)
Daedalus Code - Energy (w/ High-Caliber Rounds)
Better Devils - Kinetic

Sub-Machine Guns:
Antiope-D - Kinetic (w/ Holo sight)
Adjudicator - Kinetic

Sidearms:
The Last Dance - Energy (w/ extended mag)
Last Hope - Energy
Etana SI4 - Energy

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/741zrf/massive_breakdown_of_recommended_legendary/
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/759ryt/massive_breakdown_of_recommended_auto_rifles_for/

I personally am using Origin Story / Uriel's Gift combo with the exotic Titan chest that refills your auto rifle magazines.
For my hunter, I'm using Nameless Midnight / Better Devils
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 3:34:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Can I get another clan invite please?
Theunforgiven462

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 3:47:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
In anticipation of lots of PvP this week, here's a list of the current best Legendary PvP weapons with both Time To Kill (TTK), aim assist, and their perks in mind per general census from breakdowns on Reddit.

Also, mods on your armor that help with kinetic or energy stability are tier 1 right now. The guns with High-Caliber Rounds are generally recommended above the others.

Auto Rifles:
Origin Story - Kinetic
Prosecutor - Energy
The Number - Energy
Ghost Primus - Kinetic
Martyr's Make - Energy
Galliard 42 - Energy
Valakadyn - Energy
Perseverance - Energy

Scout Rifles:

Pulse Rifles:

Hand Cannons:
Better Devils - Kinetic

Sub-Machine Guns:
Adjudicator - Kinetic

Sidearms:
Last Hope - Energy
Etana SI4 - Energy

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/741zrf/massive_breakdown_of_recommended_legendary/
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/759ryt/massive_breakdown_of_recommended_auto_rifles_for/

I personally am using Origin Story / Uriel's Gift combo with the exotic Titan chest that refills your auto rifle magazines.
View Quote
I haven't looked at any of the math, but I'm surprised Hard Light isn't on that list. I tend to murder people pretty quick with that in the Crucible matches I've played, and I'm not particularly good. 
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 6:13:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I haven't looked at any of the math, but I'm surprised Hard Light isn't on that list. I tend to murder people pretty quick with that in the Crucible matches I've played, and I'm not particularly good. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Auto Rifles:
Origin Story - Kinetic
Prosecutor - Energy
The Number - Energy
Ghost Primus - Kinetic
Martyr's Make - Energy
Galliard 42 - Energy
Valakadyn - Energy
Perseverance - Energy

Scout Rifles:

Pulse Rifles:

Hand Cannons:
Better Devils - Kinetic

Sub-Machine Guns:
Adjudicator - Kinetic

Sidearms:
Last Hope - Energy
Etana SI4 - Energy

The list is just for legendary weapons
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 9:32:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
I guess that would explain it, huh?
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 10:03:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At first I was like wait a fuckin minute where is the MIDA Multi Tool 

Then I was like ohhh 
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 10:30:39 PM EDT
[#50]
kinda surprised the vigilence wing wasn't oon there. I was hearing it touted for PVP when xur was selling it
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top