BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 105
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 11:30:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Titan Thursday.  Sentinel is very real.  Striker too with roaming Fist of Havoc.

I'm still not a huge fan of such simplified perk and talent trees in the subclass.  Granted, in D1, for all subclasses there's one or two setups that most everyone uses for everything, but having the option is nice.

Next up, Floofin' Friday with the warlock tomorrow night.
View Quote
I haven't played yet but I keep seeing that point popping up in beta impressions. I'm hoping that if they dumbed down the skill tree they put some extra build variance in the gear. Most people in d1 ran one or two setups like you said. They also mostly ran the same gear. It sounds like exotics will actually be exotic so I'm hoping that between those and weapon mods we'll get different playstyles and more meta depth.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 11:42:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I haven't played yet but I keep seeing that point popping up in beta impressions. I'm hoping that if they dumbed down the skill tree they put some extra build variance in the gear. Most people in d1 ran one or two setups like you said. They also mostly ran the same gear. It sounds like exotics will actually be exotic so I'm hoping that between those and weapon mods we'll get different playstyles and more meta depth.
View Quote
All armor and weapons (except exotics that they've shown) have at least one mod slot on top of their regular stuff.  (I'll take a better photo tonight since this is off google)
So they'll have a shader, mod slot, and for energy/special, a energy type mod as well.  Armor just has shader and mod slots.

So it'll really come down to the gear variety and what the mods actually do, IMO.

Link Posted: 7/20/2017 11:43:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 12:41:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
GT: ChorizoWaffle

Quick question since I only really use the xbox for 4k streaming/blurays and rocket league with the wife... If I have a 3.5mm headphone/mic splitter and run a separate mic/headphone combo can I just plug that into the xbox controller and go? It's one of the newer-ish controllers with the 3.5mm jack. I know I could do this on my ps4 without a hassle. I don't have a splitter anymore since I lost it in a move otherwise I'd just go and try. If not, what is the absolute dirt cheapest method to get voice going?

I mean, worst case I have a bluetooth headset and I could just fire up the xbox app on my pc and join a party that way right? Seems convoluted but could work I guess. Can't check that method either because no bluetooth on my pc until tomorrow when I get my new motherboard running.
View Quote
Gamestop.

You can get a used headset for $13.
I have a few friends that have tried to use other headsets from cell phones, bluetooth etc. The voice clairity leaves something to be desired.

I've been using a used set for over a year now with no issues.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 4:43:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Gamestop.

You can get a used headset for $13.
I have a few friends that have tried to use other headsets from cell phones, bluetooth etc. The voice clairity leaves something to be desired.

I've been using a used set for over a year now with no issues.
View Quote
Eh, kind of hard to pass up on one for $13. I'll run down and see if they have anything tomorrow. Hopefully the split input works though, I'd rather use my sennheisers with an antlion mic
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 7:08:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Eh, kind of hard to pass up on one for $13. I'll run down and see if they have anything tomorrow. Hopefully the split input works though, I'd rather use my sennheisers with an antlion mic
View Quote
Well those would work nicely!
I would say the biggest reason for the xbox headset (or one intended for the xbox) is the volume controls and mute button being accessible. Any other headset would have you going into the systems chat mixer to adjust the volume.. or mute a sneeze Not the end of the world at all... but convenience is nice.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 7:49:04 AM EDT
[#7]
If my buddy orders the game today can he get access to the beta this weekend?
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 8:06:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If my buddy orders the game today can he get access to the beta this weekend?
View Quote
I'm not 100% sure but I think the open beta starts today. I don't think you have to preorder to participate.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 8:13:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Ahh good to know
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 8:30:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Outrider is correct.

The open beta starts at 10am pst.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 1:10:24 PM EDT
[#11]
So you thought Sentinel Titans were strong?

https://i.imgur.com/MdoCyjZ.gifv
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 1:23:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 1:25:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

What did I just watch here?

Deflected nova bomb into a kill, then threw the shield and killed everyone on the plant?
View Quote
Something like that. Amazing that it can tank a super, throw a shield, and hide behind another shield while it's ping ponging between enemies.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 4:08:52 PM EDT
[#14]
So what happens when you try and play a Crucible match but instead get thrown into a strike?

You melt the boss with 8 players.

Destiny 2 Beta:WORLD FIRST 8 Player Strike
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 8:59:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 9:20:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Destiny is a shooter first and foremost, I get that, and Destiny 1 is kinda like shooter/RPG/MMO-Lite.

D2 feels like they took the very basic and simple RPG or MMO-ish flavor of D1 and threw it out the window.
View Quote
Exactly how I feel so far, and the RPG/MMO element was the biggest draw for me. I know the beta just a small taste of a much larger game, but so far I'm worried I spent $100 on a game I'm not going to enjoy like I did Destiny 1.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 9:57:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Exactly how I feel so far, and the RPG/MMO element was the biggest draw for me. I know the beta just a small taste of a much larger game, but so far I'm worried I spent $100 on a game I'm not going to enjoy like I did Destiny 1.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Destiny is a shooter first and foremost, I get that, and Destiny 1 is kinda like shooter/RPG/MMO-Lite.

D2 feels like they took the very basic and simple RPG or MMO-ish flavor of D1 and threw it out the window.
Agreed with both of you. I don't like to judge off a Beta but I'm a little concerned.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 10:37:33 PM EDT
[#18]
I really don't like 4v4, at all.  Agree that teamwork is essential: you have ~5% chance of winning a 1v2

I don't mind the weapon breakdown (Kinetic/Elemental/Power); having quick access to both a long range option and close range "primary" is pretty nice.  However, I'm a bit disappointed that something like a shotgun is in the same class as a rocket launcher.  That just doesn't make sense to me.

I like the new subclass design, though I always stuck with a specific talent set for PVP and another for PVE.  In defense of the "dumbing down" accusation: with the new class abilities and talent interactions, it seems like it's a "easy to learn, hard to master" system (easier to pick up than D1, but with a higher skill cap).

ETA: an example of the skill cap: Hunter melee kills refresh dodge cooldown.  Dodge boosts your melee damage, in addition to reloading your weapon.  You can pull off some wicked moves in the middle of a group of enemies and take them down fluidly and surprisingly quickly.

I'll wait to see what weapon modding brings before making a final call.  I'm hopeful for the story - that promise is what initially attracted me to D1.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 11:22:30 PM EDT
[#19]
I think they have a lot of rebalancing to do before the release.  Weapons are for the most part way under powered.   Especially the "power" weapons.  The sniper rifles are pitiful.   The rocket launchers do hardly any damage.  Fusion rifles seem to be on par with a D1 Special.

Supers are underwhelming.  IF you get a super in PVP, a Hunter MIGHT get two of six Golden Gun shots off.  In PVE, the Golden Gun might or might not kill a red bar enemy, and just tickles a Boss.  The best super so far is the Titan's... either subclass.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 11:25:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I think they have a lot of rebalancing to do before the release.  Weapons are for the most part way under powered.   Especially the "power" weapons.  The sniper rifles are pitiful.   The rocket launchers do hardly any damage.  Fusion rifles seem to be on par with a D1 Special.

Supers are underwhelming.  IF you get a super in PVP, a Hunter MIGHT get two of six Golden Gun shots off.  In PVE, the Golden Gun might or might not kill a red bar enemy, and just tickles a Boss.  The best super so far is the Titan's... either subclass.
View Quote
Per Bungie, it is a months old build that was deployed for the Beta. Probably the E3 one is my guess.  Supposedly they've done a ton of balancing since, but wanted to see how people played to make sure they made the right decisions.

Personally, it sounds like a retarded decision, but I'm not sucking Activision's dick either.  *shrug*
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 7:43:49 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm not really liking how they changed the weapon slot classifications.  I dropped $100 on it so it better not suck dicks.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 7:47:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 2:47:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Berettastarlight - Shadow Katt 13  
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 3:51:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Berettastarlight - Shadow Katt 13  
View Quote
You mean that you'll eventually manage to get away from playing Skyrim?  
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 4:05:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

He's right you know...
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 4:24:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

He's right you know...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's right you know...
Dude, if she's the Dovahkin, that mean's you're Lydia.  I wouldn't laugh too hard. 

Link Posted: 7/23/2017 5:32:06 PM EDT
[#27]
TIME EXTENDED!
The Destiny 2 Open Beta has been extended through Tuesday 7/25 for additional service testing. Expected completion is 6 PM PDT.
Expect service interruptions during more strenuous testing. Download the D2 Beta today before 5 PM Pacific to participate.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 5:52:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Dude, if she's the Dovahkin, that mean's you're Lydia.  I wouldn't laugh too hard. 

http://orig10.deviantart.net/c355/f/2014/008/c/b/lydia_cat_by_darrengeers-d71dqmd.jpg
View Quote
Sorry man.. i have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

I don't geek out that hard..
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 5:57:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
The first minion you get in the game.  Basically sworn to serve you and carry all of your loot, but bitches about it the whole way.  Also has a nasty habit of walking in front of your arrows or fireballs . 
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 6:04:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The first minion you get in the game.  Basically sworn to serve you and carry all of your loot, but bitches about it the whole way.  Also has a nasty habit of walking in front of your arrows or fireballs . 
View Quote
Ahh..

Never played.. so I'm clueless on that game.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 6:42:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
TIME EXTENDED!
The Destiny 2 Open Beta has been extended through Tuesday 7/25 for additional service testing. Expected completion is 6 PM PDT.
Expect service interruptions during more strenuous testing. Download the D2 Beta today before 5 PM Pacific to participate.
View Quote
Interesting. I may play a hair more Tuesday but I think I've gotten my fix already.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 6:54:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 7:07:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Barely had enough time to finish up the mission but since it's extended guess I'll be able to try everything else too.

I agree with everybody's else's general impressions, new skill trees absolutely blow. The skills themselves are cool but this definitely feels like a 2 step forwards one step back sort of thing. I can see where they were setting up some cool synergies/teamwork situations with the powers and then they just fumbled it. Hopefully they tweak it further before the final release but I think this close to release that sort of stuff is final and it's just technical stuff they're working on now.

The gunplay is probably solid, but honestly I've been on the computer so long not using a controller that I'm beyond scrub levels of aim at this point. It at least appears as though it takes a little bit more work and thought to take down even grunts which is a welcome change. In D1 it felt like the grunts were there just to be fluff for your guns since they never posed any threat. Just the basic cabal can be deadly if they swarm you which happened to me a lot since they seem to use their jet packs for mobility much more often and don't just sit in the open.

The skills are disappointing but the new weapon system seems intriguing and one thing I noticed while playing the story mission was that it felt like a bungie story mission for once, I really got an old school halo sort of feel which I never got during any of the d1 missions. The story felt like it had some gravity. It didn't suck me in right off the bat like some other games but it looks like they're finally providing a reason behind some of the conflicts in game.

Hopefully they put out some info about the PC version beta soon, I'd really like to play on a platform that I don't completely suck at now. Definitely not like riding a bike, I might stream tomorrow so people can get a good laugh
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 7:15:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 7:30:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The Farm was very cool.  I really like the refugee camp aesthetic they've got going on, it's totally different compared to the social spaces we've had so far.  The makeshift working spaces, weapon and equipment crates laying around, I think it really helps set the gravity of the situation we're in for the D2 campaign.  It sounds silly, but wandering around the Farm today has been the highlight of the beta for me. 
View Quote
It's supposed to grow/be dynamic as well.  People/characters coming and going that you can come across elsewhere in the dead zone doing stuff, stuff getting built up, etc.  Trying to make it feel lived in.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 7:51:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Blacktide - lightfighter501

Should I knock out what I can now on the beta?  Will the progress count for my character on the actual game when it releases?
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 8:04:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
lightfighter501

Should I knock out what I can now on the beta?  Will the progress count for my character on the actual game when it releases?
View Quote
It gets wiped. Probably get an emblem or something. 
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 8:04:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 8:16:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The Farm was very cool.  I really like the refugee camp aesthetic they've got going on, it's totally different compared to the social spaces we've had so far.  The makeshift working spaces, weapon and equipment crates laying around, I think it really helps set the gravity of the situation we're in for the D2 campaign.  It sounds silly, but wandering around the Farm today has been the highlight of the beta for me. 
View Quote
Agree 100%

The camo netting between some trees/buildings was a very nice touch.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 8:56:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Thanks guys.  I'll just wait for the full game.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 10:49:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Thanks guys.  I'll just wait for the full game.
View Quote
Naw... do the Beta.  It was fun, doesn't take long, and gives you a chance to try the new subclass abilities out.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 10:53:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Played 2 crucible matches on gunslinger waiting on a friend to do the story so we could try out the strike. 13 and 14 kills, both with positive efficiency. Switching from Scathelock to Sunshot helped a lot. Between 2 supers I got 1 kill. Timer is WAY to short on the stupid version of golden gun they gave us for the beta.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 12:20:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Ended up playing a couple more. Had some moments where I felt godly and some where I got flat out embarrassed. I got a "Fight Me" medal which from what I've read is the same as a D1 Wrecking Ball. Never did that in D1 lol.  That same game I had 21 kills IIRC.

Shutting down supers with energy weapons just feels cheap. I wrecked a dawnblade with Sunshot and a striker with the scout rifle. I shut down a couple other supers with kinetic weapons, and while it feels great to rob them of their super, from the other side of it supers just don't feel super. I kinda miss the days when you would hear an arc blade or titan hammers and just turn and run.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 12:54:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yea she does, i just leave her at one of the houses..  love that game

Jic i do end up getting d2 , Im not on all the time and im not the best at this game...lcoates knows what i saying
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 4:38:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Do you have to do something to unlock the farm? Is it for XB1? Or is it already done?

So.... at the end of the story the Gaul guy takes the light... then you play the strike and you have powers again. What's the deal?

I do like the offensive capability of the Titan's shield...
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 5:35:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Do you have to do something to unlock the farm? Is it for XB1? Or is it already done?

So.... at the end of the story the Gaul guy takes the light... then you play the strike and you have powers again. What's the deal?

I do like the offensive capability of the Titan's shield...
View Quote
The farm was for just 1 hour this morning to stress test it.  As for the powers, Gaul takes them and you have to figure shit out to get them back, basically.  Beyond that, nobody knows.  Hell, I haven't heard a peep from my usual places to check, which is kind of surprising all things considered.

Btw, if you hold both bumpers you'll still drop a bubble as well.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 7:12:43 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
and im not the best at this game...lcoates knows what i saying
View Quote
You do fine.. most importantly, you give it your all.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 8:33:58 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
and im not the best at this game...lcoates knows what i saying
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 11:08:12 AM EDT
[#49]
For anyone worried about story I think it will be good this time around not like in D1. They are reportedly over 50 cutscenes across the missions. So looks like we will actually have a story this time and not have to read grimoire to figure it out.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 11:22:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
For anyone worried about story I think it will be good this time around not like in D1. They are reportedly over 50 cutscenes across the missions. So looks like we will actually have a story this time and not have to read grimoire to figure it out.
View Quote
I think the story is going to be a significant improvement.
Page / 105
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top