Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 105
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 5:35:54 AM EDT
[#1]
The last fight has an easy cheese

Just clear out the two witches on the right side and all the adds aroudn them...and just DPS her with only two stacks. It takes longer but there's no 45 seconds then redoing it all, etc...it's just a straight unbroken damage phase in safety (relative). It does take a little longer though, especially on legend...

Also, protip - use dual specials. That way when you run out of ammo you get pity ammo after like 20 seconds...so you can keep the damage up.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 6:27:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Just got past the 3rd encounter...that was a bitch and a half. Total brute forcing it. Just had to keep doing it faster and faster until we made time.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 6:38:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just clear out the two witches on the right side and all the adds aroudn them...and just DPS her with only two stacks. It takes longer but there's no 45 seconds then redoing it all, etc...it's just a straight unbroken damage phase in safety (relative). It does take a little longer though, especially on legend...

Also, protip - use dual specials. That way when you run out of ammo you get pity ammo after like 20 seconds...so you can keep the damage up.
View Quote

We were doing that, but were DPS’ing from where the right wizard spawns. Got wrecked. Retried. Got wrecked. Retried.

Ended up going behind the arches in the way back and poking her to death. At 2x Sleeper will crit for 400k a shot so that run went way faster.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 9:58:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 3:37:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

We were doing that, but were DPS’ing from where the right wizard spawns. Got wrecked. Retried. Got wrecked. Retried.

Ended up going behind the arches in the way back and poking her to death. At 2x Sleeper will crit for 400k a shot so that run went way faster.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On the right side, I just ran between where the first and 2nd witch spawns; I did damage by running down the stairs and poking my head into her bubble, then back out, run to where the 2nd witch was, etc. The trickiest part was getting away from the supers in time...other than that, I ran a Succession with Reconstruction/Vorpal, and the Glaive. Back when the suppressing glaive mod was a thing Hit her with a suppressing shot, then empty Succession into her; repeat.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 3:45:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I stayed with the team until about 9:45am central; we got to the boss and could reliably get to DPS phase, twice. After that it just became an issue of being so tired, making dumb mistakes and eating res tokens. Anyway, I had been up a litle more than 29 hours or so at that time and just couldn't keep going. I handed my place off to another person who wanted another crack at it (their own team had imploded), and I went to bed.

Several other teams I know people in are still plugging away at it. Bungie extended contest mode another 24 hours, so...still chance to get a day 1 emblem, technically. Not sure I'm going to bother though, I'd prefer to go through the raid fresh and explore everything vs needing to be on the clock because it's going to take so damn long just to get a clear in contest mode that you need to rush through between encounters without understanding everything you're seeing or exploring..
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 9:29:20 AM EDT
[#7]
All i can say is WOW im so behind and completely lost now. Haven’t been on xb let alone destiny in months lol
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 2:41:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
All i can say is WOW im so behind and completely lost now. Haven't been on xb let alone destiny in months lol
View Quote
You're only 2 weeks behind.  Catching up will be cake.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 4:51:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah. It was great!

How is the girl, anyway? You move or she move yet?
View Quote

She’ll be back up here this summer and helping me prep to move down to Iowa. With a little luck, I’ll be getting in on some armorers courses and work through that. Kinda looking forward to working with guns again instead of medical.

Moving is expensive as hell though.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 4:53:23 PM EDT
[#10]
If y’all end up needing someone for the raid, and don’t mind teaching, I’m down. Pete VenkmanPHD on xbl.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 6:42:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Just started witch queen. Legendary campaign is tough solo… Can I get this thing done by myself or is it a bitch? Should I switch to regular?
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 7:30:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just started witch queen. Legendary campaign is tough solo… Can I get this thing done by myself or is it a bitch? Should I switch to regular?
View Quote

It's doable, though it can be tough - don't just stick with one loadout for all of it; Gally is certainly a master key for a bunch of it but there are specific encounters where you'll need to run different weapons (there's at least one part where Gally is just too slow to do any damage in the tiny window you get, etc).

Loot in the legend campaign at the end of each quest step drops 2 chests not just one, and those two chests are NOT capped - so if you start one character with 1550 weapons, you'll have their armor at 1550 by the time you get to the quest step where you go to the Europan Pyramid; it will continue to level up throughout the campaign except for the final chest which IIRC is in fact capped.

It does NOT get easier with two or three people; enemies scale up to match...it's a cast iron bitch no matter how many. And there's a 30 second darkness timer on revives, and you only get one revive (like a raid revive token) with a fireteam of 2+ ...so if someone skips ahead in a darkness zone and dies and you can't reach them in 30 seconds, you all wipe, just like a raid.

Fortunately the last quest step, The Ritual, imo is the easiest...just need to know the cheese. Cheese Forever has a good video with some tips in it for the final quest...some things that'll really help -

Level up your glaive; you want for sure at least impulse amplifier and unrelenting or frenzy (frenzy is better, unrelenting will for sure help you out in a jam though if you can get the kills) - for most of the campaign, I crutched hard on the glaive once I got it leveled up. My main loadouts were Osteo Striga, glaive and Threaded Needle (clown/vorpal), an autorifle/smg, glaive and Gally, or a Blinding Autoloading Vorpal Pardon Our Dust (kinetic GL), Funnelweb (smg), and Gally or Threaded Needle as needs wanted. My loadout for the final boss was a reconstruction/vorpal Succession (Deepstone Raid sniper), glaive, and Threaded Needle. For the boss, you want to run dual special so you get pity ammo faster; otherwise, when you run out of special, that's it...because you've got free infinite kinetic, it won't ever give you more. (at least, after 5 minutes, I never got any pity ammo)

You REALLY want Artifice Armor, from master Grasp of Avarice. I spent a lot of time last season farming sets out and that's basically all I wear now. I don't even use an exotic on my Titan...the Artifice armor is better than just about every exotic the Titan has when it's running Void. When I did run an exotic it was Armamentarium for two grenades. For Warlock I ran Contraverse Holds, and for Hunter I ran Orpheus Rigs.

Some more build ideas are here but the TLDR of it:

Suppressing Glaive mod on your class item for the glaive is necessary
Psionic Forging I, again for the glaive, also necessary

A lot of the others I have listed below are sort of optional but REALLY helped tie things together.

On my armor, I ran:
Artifice helmet, I ran Harmonic Siphon, one heavy ammo finder for whatever heavy I was using, Psionic Forging
Glaive Dexterity is really nice to have on your (artifice) arms; I ran dexterity and either two SMG reloaders or a reloader and an SMG dexterity.
If you have artifice chest armor, run two Thermoshock Plating mods and one Concussive Dampener - if you want to cover every single base, you can switch your armor to Void affinity and run one Void resist and one Thermoshock instead of two Thermoshocks, but I didn't really run into any issues where that was necessary (not until I got into the raid anyway)
On my (artifice) legs, I ran a Glaive finder, and then depending on what other weapon(s) I was using, just a Rocket or Grenade launcher scav. The Rocket scav is 1 through the seasonal artifact too, so if you really want to you can run a holster on your legs too, or just max out a stat.
On your (artifice) class item, Suppressing Glaive and either Energy Vampirism or Suppression Mastery

Melee Wellmaker, Well of Tenacity, Elemental Light, Volatile Flow, and Font of Might across them all (I'm assuming you're running void for the campaign, which seems to be the play) - basically just fit them in wherever you can

Obviously if you don't have artifice armor all around you're going to need to make some tough choices; what you can afford to run without, and what you can't...

For fragments, you want Echo of Domineering, Exchange, and Leeching. If you have more slots available after those are fit, pick whatever fits your playstyle the most. On my warlock I also put on the mod that extends devour, invisibility, etc effects...15 seconds of devour!! Super handy.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 8:57:52 PM EDT
[#13]
So yeah...I don't really need to run the raid anymore.

Link Posted: 3/19/2022 12:14:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Can you condense the destiny universe conflict down to real world nations?

Basically what I am asking is if you were to condense the Destiny conflict between light and dark as well as all of the different factions of Hive, Vex, Cabal, etc... down to a conflict on earth. Say the current state of affairs or WWII?

Who are the Nazis, the Axis, France, England, the US?

What made me think of this is Harry Turtledove has a book series that has dragons but mirrors a lot of the world politics of WWII.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 6:00:01 AM EDT
[#15]
It's not even remotely that cut and dried..
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 11:05:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 4:07:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Basically what I am asking is if you were to condense the Destiny conflict between light and dark as well as all of the different factions of Hive, Vex, Cabal, etc... down to a conflict on earth. Say the current state of affairs or WWII?

What made me think of this is Harry Turtledove has a book series that has dragons but mirrors a lot of the world politics of WWII.
View Quote

Check out My Name is Byf and Meylin Gaming on YouTube. They're the best at Destiny lore and have a ton of videos.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 7:15:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 8:14:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Hell no, man.  Bungie can't really even tell us who or what we are, and where we stand in the grand order of things.  I'm just here to shoot things and break the bad guy's shit.

I bet dollars to donuts by the time the dust settles, and the curtain closes for the final time in Destiny, it'll be the Traveler, and us, that are the true prime evil in the universe.  We've been the bullies all along.  At least it'd be pretty funny if it came down to that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell no, man.  Bungie can't really even tell us who or what we are, and where we stand in the grand order of things.  I'm just here to shoot things and break the bad guy's shit.

I bet dollars to donuts by the time the dust settles, and the curtain closes for the final time in Destiny, it'll be the Traveler, and us, that are the true prime evil in the universe.  We've been the bullies all along.  At least it'd be pretty funny if it came down to that.

Back when the big ship arrived and we were all left wondering, my take was the Traveler was a wanted entity and was being hunted down.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:55:52 AM EDT
[#20]
IMO they are setting us up to be Guardians, Fallen, Cabal, with Hive being basically force allied with us in Lightfall against darkness species, then taking both the Traveller and Witness out in Final Shape as both are baddies.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:21:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 2:00:29 PM EDT
[#22]
The jumping parts aren't hard or anything; Lion Rampants come in handy with a Titan, but Warlocks or Hunters really don't need any jumping help. I wound up dying more with Transversives or Stompees on; without them on, clean sailing through, just take a little time to line up jumps is all.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 3:05:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 3:49:27 PM EDT
[#24]
The jumps aren't tricky - there's a few that are kind of lengthy but it's all %100 doable without Lions. Lions give you that extra couple of seconds of "uh oh" though

Stompees just punt Hunters into weird geometry that prevents them from actually landing where they need to...they just jump too high. And I dunno what it was with Transversives but they didn't let my warlock floof as much as it needed to in a few places and I kept dying because I was landing short. I took them off and viola...no problems moving around and landing.

The only nice thing about Stompees is it lets Hunters bypass the jumps to the secret chest between 2nd and 3rd encounters; they can just jump up from the bottom. Titan can thundercrash up...I dunno if Warlocks can do their heat rises things up to there though.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 4:44:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 7:00:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 7:03:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
You sound like Gifted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really need to find some time to learn the Raid.  But who ever helps me, be prepared with a lot of: "I fucking hate and suck at jumping shit."
You sound like Gifted.

Link Posted: 3/28/2022 10:59:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 11:08:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 3:21:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Now you sound like Clutch.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/7/2022 10:46:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

There honestly are no very good real world comparisons except maybe in the case of the Cabal, which would be mid-late Roman Empire with sprinklings of Feudal Japan and Imperial Germany for flavor. The Fallen, the best comparison would be imagine the people of the 12 Colonies from Battlestar Galactica. Except imagine they never find Earth and are in exile on their roving fleet for a couple thousand years, which has degenerated into rival clans and pirates over time, and whose sole unifying desire is they want what the sliver of humanity that's left alive has (the Traveler).

Hive and Vex have almost nothing common with any human cultures. Vex, think alien robots who are genuinely totally alien and do not even think in the kind of terms we do. Hive, think satan-worshipping bug butchers straight out of a Lovecraft novel.

The Last City... is a clusterfuck. Imagine the Modern US, Victorian England, Nazi Germany, monarchist Spain, and Japan all with post-singularity near-incomprehensible technology whittled down to 0.5% of their population and crammed together struggling for survival, who get along at all solely because they're all that's left, and defended by an army of resurrected heroes from their pasts who rise again if they die.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 1:49:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 3:24:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 4:24:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 6:04:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
That doesn't count. Bungie purposely messed with TLW because it was crushing in PVP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They fixed the Windows 7 and 8.1 glitch. Woo! Also, recoil does not exist on PC.
Recoil does exist on PC. Use The Last Word with a mouse and you'll experience all the recoil you'd ever want.
That doesn't count. Bungie purposely messed with TLW because it was crushing in PVP.

Fine. Use The Fourth Horseman.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 7:16:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
They fixed the Windows 7 and 8.1 glitch. Woo! Also, recoil does not exist on PC.
View Quote

LOL. I've had a few 120 hand cannons that shot like gimmicky Borderlands guns.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 7:17:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 8:41:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:52:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Well, I’m done in trials. First Messenger drop was adept arrowhead, alloy mag, rapid hit, desperado. It only took 69 engrams and a flawless to get it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 10:00:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Nice! Congrats!

I'm thinking of heading in tomorrow after the flawless pool is on...if nothing else, at least to get the 20 round wins out of the way for the weekly challenge.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 9:14:26 PM EDT
[#41]

Only took about 4 years, 54 full clears, and 1 petras to get this roll
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 10:11:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 3:31:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Anyone up for some casual crucible? dead#7302/dead
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 8:00:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Fuck this game...

So to get the CurseBreaker title all I needed was a few Ahamkara bones. I had to wait the three weeks for the Dark Monastery mission to come around but finally got them all. Check the rest of the items, all checked/completed.

BUT THE FUCKING THING WON"T TRIGGER THE FUCKING TITLE.

So after a good bit of duckduckgo there is another fucking thing that you have to get all the items from the Dreaming City... armor, weapons, etc... AND A FUCKING GHOST SHELL.

A FUCKING GHOST SHELL IS ALL I AM MISSING... AND FUCK THE DROP RATE AND ACTIVITIES TO GET IT.

Shit is so convoluted trying to figure out the triumphs.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 8:15:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Fuck this game...

So to get the CurseBreaker title all I needed was a few Ahamkara bones. I had to wait the three weeks for the Dark Monastery mission to come around but finally got them all. Check the rest of the items, all checked/completed.

BUT THE FUCKING THING WON"T TRIGGER THE FUCKING TITLE.

So after a good bit of duckduckgo there is another fucking thing that you have to get all the items from the Dreaming City... armor, weapons, etc... AND A FUCKING GHOST SHELL.

A FUCKING GHOST SHELL IS ALL I AM MISSING... AND FUCK THE DROP RATE AND ACTIVITIES TO GET IT.

Shit is so convoluted trying to figure out the triumphs.
View Quote

Took a while to get the shell...a lot of ascendant challenges and blind well runs, and I think (if I remember right) I got it from opening a random world chest

It was either a random world chest, or a chest in an ascendant challenge; honestly can't quite remember...but it was a random drop, that much I do remember.

I was proud as shit when I got Cursebreaker...I still wear that title all the time, too, that one was a rough one to finish.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 9:17:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Took a while to get the shell...a lot of ascendant challenges and blind well runs, and I think (if I remember right) I got it from opening a random world chest

It was either a random world chest, or a chest in an ascendant challenge; honestly can't quite remember...but it was a random drop, that much I do remember.

I was proud as shit when I got Cursebreaker...I still wear that title all the time, too, that one was a rough one to finish.
View Quote

The ghost shell came from doing ascendant challenges, the sparrow was a random chest drop IIRC.

ETA: you can farm the tier 3 blind wells for armor pieces and DC weapons. If you wear the full armor kit and drink the stuff that makes you ascendant you look like a Taken.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 10:28:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Yeah I would be a rage quoting bitch if that shit dropped from the first/eighth chest... elite controller be dammed
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 12:50:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 2:07:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I need to give Vow a run.

Also, as much as I want King's Fall to return next season, someone made a compelling argument that Wrath of the Machine could be it.

Old school raid team run @quintin @outrider if it happens?
View Quote

I'll be in. Though out of those two there is a clear winner for me, the numbers don't lie

I hit the Destiny wall recently and haven't played in about 6 weeks which is likely my longest break since Curse of Osiris. Probably healthy since I had basically played no other games since late 2015. The seasonal treadmill model has kind of exhausted me with whatever latest flavor 6 man activity and subtly different weapons. I'll come back around at some point but it's been a good breather.

I haven't even completed a Vow run and was only in there for day 1. I'm just not super juiced about the raid encounters. Speaking of good ones, Aksis is a Destiny defining raid encounter in terms of being dynamic and requiring everybody to be on point. No needing an encyclopedia of symbols to reference.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/6/2022 2:12:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 105
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top