Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 32
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 3:08:14 AM EDT
[#1]
The best I ever made solo was #8 :(  Duo or Squad team #4 I think...

So I'm not very good at it but it's a ton of fun.  Lots of funny moments.  Last game I played I was low on health and outside the zone but fortunately found a motorcycle.  I was easily going to make it til I hit a random bump and flipped the damn thing.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 1:40:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Deathcycle.

I flipped one with my duo buddy at #9. We both died.

Link Posted: 5/18/2017 12:20:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Motorcycles are entertaining means of suicide in this game, and that's about it
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 7:10:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Got my new computer running for the most part (one bad stick of RAM, but still have 8GB), so now I can actually see and kill people.

I have successfully bought skill.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:47:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got my new computer running for the most part (one bad stick of RAM, but still have 8GB), so now I can actually see and kill people.

I have successfully bought skill.
View Quote
I'm working days for once this pay period so I should be online late afternoons. I'll get a squad together if we can get a few arfcommers online
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:41:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool!  I've been playing with one arfcommer recently but don't know his name on here.

Usually online later at night.

I did my best to buy skill with a gtx1080, but it didn't work.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 7:38:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Holy shit this game is both fun and triggering.  Anyone want to squad up?  My steam is Brotato33
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 7:44:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Holy shit this game is both fun and triggering.  Anyone want to squad up?  My steam is Brotato33
View Quote
There are no users that match your search.

mine is edcurtis
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 10:45:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

There are no users that match your search.

mine is edcurtis
View Quote
got ya
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:49:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Questions on this game :

Does the loot always spawn in the same places, though it may change what it is?(for example a pistol spawns in this house one match and next match it's a rifle).

Just found out my wife's work laptop has an i7 and GTX960m in it. Super tempting.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 12:13:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Random loot spawn.

All spawned cars face east. Not east, some one parked it there.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 12:27:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Loot is mostly random, there are no hard spawns for guns and such. Vehicles have hard spawns and soft spawns. Hard spawns always have a guaranteed vehicle whereas soft spawns only do sometimes.

Guns are mostly random but there is a certain weight to the RNG. If you drop in the middle of nowhere where it is nice and safe you'll find loot. Most of the more dangerous areas do have some sort of modifier to them. I've never found a lvl 3 helmet or vest in a roadside shack but they pop up frequently in areas like the police station or military base which is where a lot of players try to get to. That said, it is still RNG though so sometimes these more dangerous areas will have awesome loot for 3 games in a row and the 4th game you might just find shotguns and pistols.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 9:27:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Hey man, can't find your steam id either.
Mine is pancakeofdoom though if you want to squad up
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 8:14:00 PM EDT
[#14]
I actually won one! I know it was pretty much luck but still felt great.

Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:33:17 AM EDT
[#15]
New Patch added a VSS sniper rifle. Anyone try it yet? looks like it takes regular 9mm ammo.

Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:07:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
New Patch added a VSS sniper rifle. Anyone try it yet? looks like it takes regular 9mm ammo.

https://d1wfiv6sf8d64f.cloudfront.net/admin/web/real/notice_thumbnail_1495546585007.jpg
View Quote
I only tried it in the lobby. That thing is stupid quiet, and the 4x scope it comes with is handy too. Not sure about damage and such since I only tried it in the lobby. It does take 9mm, kind of goofy but I'm glad they didn't go with a more complicated ammo pickup system, keeps things fast paced and fun.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 4:29:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I only tried it in the lobby. That thing is stupid quiet, and the 4x scope it comes with is handy too. Not sure about damage and such since I only tried it in the lobby. It does take 9mm, kind of goofy but I'm glad they didn't go with a more complicated ammo pickup system, keeps things fast paced and fun.
View Quote
From what I've heard it is only good to ~200m, even then it takes 5-6 hits to drop someone with lvl1 armor.
Recoil is terrible in full auto, might be manageable if you go prone and burst it.

Good info in this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mka49qGj20
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 12:45:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

https://d1wfiv6sf8d64f.cloudfront.net/admin/web/real/notice_thumbnail_1495546585007.jpg
View Quote
I picked it up in a match.  Kept it for the cool factor but man it has bad bullet drop and horrible damage.  Basically it's a suppressed pistol with a scope.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 12:56:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I picked it up in a match.  Kept it for the cool factor but man it has bad bullet drop and horrible damage.  Basically it's a suppressed pistol with a scope.
View Quote
Pretty much this. I found it one match, managed to get a mid range kill with it, couldn't hit a sitting long range target to save my life. Literally. And you're right about the drop. You can watch the bullet drop pretty well with it at least.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 6:33:24 PM EDT
[#20]
The only use I could think of for the VSS is maybe late game if you need to be dead silent and can manage to hit all headshots. I'm thinking realistically it is probably supposed to be an OP early game drop. If you were to pick that up in the first circle in an urban area it could probably be decent considering most should have lvl 1 (if any armor) and having a 4x w/ a suppressor that early is a huge leg up. Past that though I can't really see it, and even then those 2 huge "maybe" scenarios. I don't think I'd ever pick it up since most of the time I make it to one of the late game circles I'll have a suppressed UMP w/ an extended mag and all the goodies.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 8:24:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Did a random squad last night.  Didn't expect much after we lost our first guy right away.  We managed to work together bounding from house to house.  Picked up an 8x and AKM.  Thing is actually pretty accurate and deadly.  Lost our 2nd guy towards the end.  Then my teammate and I were two of the last squads.  They got my teammate and it was just me vs 4 others.  I flanked around where they killed my teammate and pulled out the pump shotty.  Had 25% health left but I knew I had no time to waste.  With the teammates spectating and yelling at me to med up I said fuck it and ended up taking them all out.  Winner winner chicken dinner.  Had like 9 kills that game too.  Probably my most epic gaming moment.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 10:21:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Did a random squad last night.  Didn't expect much after we lost our first guy right away.  We managed to work together bounding from house to house.  Picked up an 8x and AKM.  Thing is actually pretty accurate and deadly.  Lost our 2nd guy towards the end.  Then my teammate and I were two of the last squads.  They got my teammate and it was just me vs 4 others.  I flanked around where they killed my teammate and pulled out the pump shotty.  Had 25% health left but I knew I had no time to waste.  With the teammates spectating and yelling at me to med up I said fuck it and ended up taking them all out.  Winner winner chicken dinner.  Had like 9 kills that game too.  Probably my most epic gaming moment.
View Quote
Damn 9 kills that's awesome.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 4:14:40 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't have this, yet.  Steam reviews indicate it's good, but still a WIP & buggy.  I get the impression the studio is very hands on, & so I anticipate that these issues will be resolved.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 8:29:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
I've had some good games with short handed squads, I've been noticing a lot of people dropping with 2 or 3 only into squad games on purpose. I think it's actually an advantage early game. Think about it, if a full squad drops anywhere but a really populated area they won't be able to get enough loot to go around whereas a 2 or 3 man group isn't struggling as much. Especially for a 2 man group since not only can you get geared up much faster but a 2 man group can use any vehicle they find. I've been  having a lot of luck dropping with just 2 or 3 players but it does get to be a severe disadvantage in late game if you run into full squads. The couple times I've gotten chicken dinners like this we ended up in the last circles with only 1 or 2 people left alive in a squad. The past couple of near wins I got we ended up running into at least 1 full squad which would just ruin our day.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 9:39:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I don't have this, yet.  Steam reviews indicate it's good, but still a WIP & buggy.  I get the impression the studio is very hands on, & so I anticipate that these issues will be resolved.
View Quote
They need to fix the tick rate issues and get their servers rock solid ASAP. 40/20 tick rate for a shooter is bad enough, having it drop under 20/10 on a regular basis is just ridiculous.

I've been eyeing PUBG and Escape from Tarkov for the last month or two, both are EA and have their issues, but right now PUBG has overreached.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 11:00:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

They need to fix the tick rate issues and get their servers rock solid ASAP. 40/20 tick rate for a shooter is bad enough, having it drop under 20/10 on a regular basis is just ridiculous.

I've been eyeing PUBG and Escape from Tarkov for the last month or two, both are EA and have their issues, but right now PUBG has overreached.
View Quote
next month's update is for servers and they'll be concentrating the weekly patches until then on the server issues. I agree, it's bad, but they've been extremely transparent about it and said that it is a core engine issue that they've been working on, I'm not worried about it.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 11:40:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

next month's update is for servers and they'll be concentrating the weekly patches until then on the server issues. I agree, it's bad, but they've been extremely transparent about it and said that it is a core engine issue that they've been working on, I'm not worried about it.
View Quote
If y'all didn't play during the 2 days when they had servers "fixed" I feel sad for you. Due to engine code it introduced a lot of other shit. But the few games I had played at that time were completely lag free. I'm hoping this big patch gets us back to that state, but obviously without breaking the game.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 12:03:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
If y'all didn't play during the 2 days when they had servers "fixed" I feel sad for you. Due to engine code it introduced a lot of other shit. But the few games I had played at that time were completely lag free. I'm hoping this big patch gets us back to that state, but obviously without breaking the game.
View Quote
I played one game that was so fast it was great but only 40ish people in that game there was no delay at all picking up items.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 3:53:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Wilandice on steam, run in game as Bacpk.

Two duo and two squad chicken dinners so far.

Loving the game, fantastic for a beta release.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 4:12:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
I've had some games where it's almost 100%, that's why I'm sure they'll get the issues worked out. We'll see how the monthly patch is next month but they've been good with patching things up quickly and communicating what will get done at what time.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 5:00:55 PM EDT
[#31]
I need to squad up with more trusted people.  Like ARFCOMers....

About 1 out of 10 times, Ill squad with three others only to get killed by my own squad because, reasons.....

Steam = ednopers401

PUBG = totalnewb  (Im not really a newb, they just kill me because they want a 3 person squad?)
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 8:18:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Been playing this for a bit now. Just found this thread. Anyone is welcome to add me. Steam tag is Clincher07. Would be happy to play with some people from this site!
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 11:09:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Top five in Solo and Duo. Consistanly.

Who's gotten chicken, and how did you survive the last three?

I'm hungry for some yard bird.
View Quote
I have like 30 or so wins in squad and duo, my preferred strategy is to keep to the edge of the circle, and run with it moving behind you (you gotta know when you can run through it, don't panic if you're in the shit for a second or two).  In the top 5, roll pills and drinks if you've got them.  My group is super aggressive and we usually will follow gunfire and chase people and airdrops down throughout the game in order to get as much stuff as possible.

I've had better results keeping to the edge vs trying to stay in the middle.  There's pros and cons though, if you stay in the middle you will likely be attacked from all angles but don't have to worry about the force field, and if you stay to the edge you might end up in a situation where the circle forces you into an area with cover for the enemy but not for you, so you have to either charge them or die.  It takes some luck for sure, I've gotten second place a bunch of times where the final enemy has the only rock, tree, or hay bale in the circle.  Sometimes the circle screws ya, just the way it goes.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 11:17:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

About 1 out of 10 times, Ill squad with three others only to get killed by my own squad because, reasons.....

Steam = ednopers401

PUBG = totalnewb  (Im not really a newb, they just kill me because they want a 3 person squad?)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Steam = ednopers401

I tried to send you a friend request but it couldn't find your name.

Quoted:
Been playing this for a bit now. Just found this thread. Anyone is welcome to add me. Steam tag is Clincher07. Would be happy to play with some people from this site!
I sent a request.

Mine is edcurtis - the one with the tiny batman avatar.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 9:40:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I sent a request.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Steam = ednopers401

Quoted:
I sent a request.

Ill try to add you when I get home.  Not sure what the problem was trying to find me.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 4:03:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Ill try to add you when I get home.  Not sure what the problem was trying to find me.
View Quote
Can't find you either, mine is pancakeofdoom though if you want to shoot me a request.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 11:24:37 PM EDT
[#37]
I've got my brothers computer over here and playing it. Dang this game is fun! been playing for an hour, best I've done is 29th.
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 5:05:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Gamertag radio did an interview with playerunkown. He said they want to have a competitive mode in the future and he knows anything less than 60 tick servers are unacceptable. He did say while they're patching netcode/server code that they'll also be looking into whether different servers will help. He also said to help with tickrate/latency the competitive mode will likely be limited to 64 players. Sounds like they fully understand the issues and it's just a matter of getting everything lined up (hopefully).
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 7:35:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Does it run choppy for you guys? On a 980ti and i7 with 16 gigs of ram it's not the smoothest thing, even with settings on medium.
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 10:07:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Does it run choppy for you guys? On a 980ti and i7 with 16 gigs of ram it's not the smoothest thing, even with settings on medium.
View Quote
It's not your machine or even the client at this point, pretty sure it's the servers. This upcoming monthly update will be focused on servers and the weekly patches leading up to it will be too.

Conspiracy theory time:
They just announced exclusive clothing items in game for twitch prime members. This doesn't benefit PUBG but it does benefit Amazon by possibly netting some more subscribers. The game hit an all time high peak player count of 209k the other night so sales aren't bad at all. I'm thinking Amazon my be cutting them a deal on their servers by partnering up with them on their twitch service considering it's always in the top 3 most streamed games on twitch now.
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 10:55:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
It's not your machine or even the client at this point, pretty sure it's the servers. This upcoming monthly update will be focused on servers and the weekly patches leading up to it will be too.

Conspiracy theory time:
They just announced exclusive clothing items in game for twitch prime members. This doesn't benefit PUBG but it does benefit Amazon by possibly netting some more subscribers. The game hit an all time high peak player count of 209k the other night so sales aren't bad at all. I'm thinking Amazon my be cutting them a deal on their servers by partnering up with them on their twitch service considering it's always in the top 3 most streamed games on twitch now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Conspiracy theory time:
Good to know.

5th round I played I took 4th place, mostly through luck. Only had 1 kill. This game is addictive I need to build my own PC.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 10:31:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Good to know.

5th round I played I took 4th place, mostly through luck. Only had 1 kill. This game is addictive I need to build my own PC.
View Quote
The next 3-6months will be a great time to build a new computer. Lots of new hardware has been released this year and with more coming over the next quarter or two.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 6:31:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Good to know.

View Quote
They're not as expensive as they used to be, just set a budget and grab parts on sale from fry's/microcenter and it'd be pretty easy to slap one together without breaking the bank.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 2:48:26 PM EDT
[#44]
When I alt look around and for example I see a guy on my left side, when I release alt key the camera pans back to looking where my character is facing. Is there a way to change it so that when I release the alt key  t character turns to the face where the camera is oriented?
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 7:14:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Don't think there is yet unfortunately
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 5:24:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Alright who's changed their keys up and any suggestions? I've shifted my inventory key to V so I can do it one handed when running up to a pile of loot. Any others I should try switching up?
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 5:55:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Alright who's changed their keys up and any suggestions? I've shifted my inventory key to V so I can do it one handed when running up to a pile of loot. Any others I should try switching up?
View Quote
I left most alone. Inventory is also default bound to the Tab key which works pretty good as long as you turn off the steam overlay, otherwise it'll pull up the overlay while you're running. V key is obviously pretty good though since it'll get rid of the bullshit 1st person view that every body seems to mash in a panic when trying to switch fire modes. I bound my comms to my mouse 4(or 5) button on the side. If you have two side buttons on your mouse and don't want to lose them to comms a decent alternative is rebinding your zero distance up/down to the mouse side buttons if you have them.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 11:08:09 PM EDT
[#48]
I keep getting 6-8 kills every match and almost always make it to top 10, but for the life of me, haven't won one in my past 20 games.
I think I have like 12 wins total so far.

The UMP and the SCAR have been my favorite setup so far. Also if you come across an 8x, but don't have a sniper rifle it actually works surprisingly well with an assualt rifle, in fact I almost prefer it too a sniper rifle.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 5:57:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Coming to consoles exclusively on Xbox. Sweet.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 8:13:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Coming to consoles exclusively on Xbox. Sweet.
View Quote
Nope, will be coming to both but will be on xbox first. The way microsoft worded all those "exclusives" was pretty bullshitty.
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top