Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 32
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 8:43:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone know if the SCAR  or M416 is better when both kitted out?
View Quote
I think the 416 is slightly better. 
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 11:07:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Anyone know if the SCAR  or M416 is better when both kitted out?
View Quote
The SCAR has a slight edge at long distance, the m416 will have more controllable auto fire at close range and a little less kick at short to medium range due to the stock. I can't remember if it suffers from slower bullet speed or more drop at long range and I can't check the site at work, but I know the SCAR has a slight advantage at range due to either faster bullet speed or less drop (both?). There was a pretty length reddit write up somewhere about recoil patterns, effective ranges, etc. The 416 had a little more damage fall off at range due to some factor or another. I like to carry the 416 because whatever negatives it has had distance become a moot point if you make it into the final circles since you won't be taking 300m pot shots at people with 10 left.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 4:26:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Fully kitted, I'll take the M416 everytime.

IMO- M416 might have slightly less accuracy at range compared to the SCAR but the extra damage and slightly more controllable auto fire is a bigger advantage to my gameplay.

SCAR seems to have slightly less recoil/faster POA reset in single fire (comparable to the M16) but if you aren't landing a HS, the extra hit or two to drop somebody is too big of a disadvantage.

Pure damage = AK
Pure semiauto DMR = M16

Slightly less damage AK but more controllable auto fire = M416
Slightly less damage M16 that has auto fire but similar accuracy/recoil = SCAR
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 5:43:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Fully kitted, I'll take the M416 everytime.

IMO- M416 might have slightly less accuracy at range compared to the SCAR but the extra damage and slightly more controllable auto fire is a bigger advantage to my gameplay.

SCAR seems to have slightly less recoil/faster POA reset in single fire (comparable to the M16) but if you aren't landing a HS, the extra hit or two to drop somebody is too big of a disadvantage.

Pure damage = AK
Pure semiauto DMR = M16

Slightly less damage AK but more controllable auto fire = M416
Slightly less damage M16 that has auto fire but similar accuracy/recoil = SCAR
View Quote
That whole post hits the nail on the head. I usually go m416 since my aim isn't 100% consistent. If I'm having a hot streak and my aim is completely dialed in that day I pick up the SCAR. mini14 with an extended mag and a suppressor is bae though.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:05:30 PM EDT
[#5]
The best way to avoid bullets in PUBG
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 11:45:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 7:11:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Have about 150 hours in game. Just got my first chicken dinner in squad ffp. Great game all around, circle didn't fuck us, random squad mates were on point calling out targets.

Followed by a match with all Chinese teamates who killed me for my scar before the first circle was done
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 8:19:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Have about 150 hours in game. Just got my first chicken dinner in squad ffp. Great game all around, circle didn't fuck us, random squad mates were on point calling out targets.

Followed by a match with all Chinese teamates who killed me for my scar before the first circle was done
View Quote
Why do so many Chinese people cheat? Is it a cultural thing that they need to win no matter what?
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 4:41:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Why do so many Chinese people cheat? Is it a cultural thing that they need to win no matter what?
View Quote
IMO part of it seems to be from the standard of living difference.

South/Central America, China, Russia, and other Eastern European countries are wanting to play super competitive multiplayer games on crappy old computers with sketchy internet connections.
They play the game normally for a couple dozen hours and find out that they likely will never be competitive against your average skilled player and resort to cheating.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 4:53:56 AM EDT
[#10]
We were running a three man squad tonight. Only had one chicken dinner. I was alone vs 3 guys in a squad and they all rushed me one at a time... It was the stupidest shit I've ever fucking seen. 
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 2:49:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Always fun on Asia servers. Found my first 15x in a crate with an MK14, 8x, and adrenaline syringe.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 5:48:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

IMO part of it seems to be from the standard of living difference.

South/Central America, China, Russia, and other Eastern European countries are wanting to play super competitive multiplayer games on crappy old computers with sketchy internet connections.
They play the game normally for a couple dozen hours and find out that they likely will never be competitive against your average skilled player and resort to cheating.
View Quote
A lot of it too is that it isn't always chinese but koreans. In Korea and some other SE asian countries gaming cafes (Bangs, like bahng) are very popular and usually have their own rules. For instance in overwatch blizzard would usually ban your account, your hwid, your ip, and your credit card so you couldn't even make another account on that card. In S Korea they would only ban the account if it was a bang computer so a cheater could get banned and be back up in minutes. Similar issue in pubg to an extent.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 3:32:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Annoying car glitch in PUBG
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 3:35:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Trying to out run the blue zone in PUBG
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 5:01:59 AM EDT
[#15]
So playing with 2 of my friends, we get a random. Chinese guy, speaks and understands some English, follows us, drops gear for us and doesn't ask for much. We win the first game with him.
My friend can't find him on steam to add him. Play another couple games with other randos and Chinese guy finds my friend on steam and adds him.

This round he is much more talkative, saying stuff like "Sorry about Chinese cheater" and we find out he is in university which is why he speaks English well enough, said he was missing his English class to play and talk with us.
We won that round too. That guy is our good luck charm.

Edit- We did run into a boatload of cheaters too... I think about 40-50% of our games had a cheater in them.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 5:03:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 12:26:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So playing with 2 of my friends, we get a random. Chinese guy, speaks and understands some English, follows us, drops gear for us and doesn't ask for much. We win the first game with him.
My friend can't find him on steam to add him. Play another couple games with other randos and Chinese guy finds my friend on steam and adds him.

This round he is much more talkative, saying stuff like "Sorry about Chinese cheater" and we find out he is in university which is why he speaks English well enough, said he was missing his English class to play and talk with us.

Edit- We did run into a boatload of cheaters too... I think about 40-50% of our games had a cheater in them.
View Quote
Anyone get a ridiculous headshot to you with a UMP? Happened last night and I had a level 2 helmet.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 6:15:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Last night. John died somewhere around 2nd circle trying to get a crate. Was crazy. Paired an SKS with a groza and somehow pulled off a win with 18 rounds of ammo on the last guy.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 6:34:23 PM EDT
[#19]
My sad contribution on a rando FPS Squad game.

Link Posted: 10/22/2017 8:50:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Last night. John died somewhere around 2nd circle trying to get a crate. Was crazy. Paired an SKS with a groza and somehow pulled off a win with 18 rounds of ammo on the last guy.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/184940/20171022000550_1-341128.JPG
View Quote
Groza any good?
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 8:52:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Groza any good?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/184940/20171022000550_1-341128.JPG
Groza any good?
A beast at close range. High rate of fire. Fairly controllable. Can only put a 4x on it, nothing higher.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 12:03:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 2:49:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Anyone get a ridiculous headshot to you with a UMP? Happened last night and I had a level 2 helmet.
View Quote
One of the first ones, I was prone on a balcony in waterworld and got triple headshot which knocked me down. The cheater killed 3 people with all headshots before he knocked me down. It was so far away I didn't even hear his AKM, maybe he had a suppressor.

Buddy was driving a buggy in the hill between School and Ruins, I was on the back. Got knocked off from a full Auto M416 about 150m away in 5-6 shots into the head/upper body. That guy was super sketchy, he may have been really good but he was prefiring like mad and wasn't shooting semiauto or bursting, he was going full auto and not missing at 50-75m.

Met a lag switcher late game, maybe 16people left, they drove up to our garage building and never checked upstairs. My buddy threw a nade down the stairs and as it went off I jumped down and opened the backdoor. Guy was already moving/focused on the door, so I backed up to wait for him to cross, we exchanged fire and he was popping out from the left side of the door, then the right side, then as I tried to push through the door, he was in my face headshotting me.

We ran into multiple guys, that while in a firefight they would go full auto and knock one of us down, from 75-100m in 4-5shots then would start shooting a tree/cover that one of my teammates was hiding behind and not peeking.

Also had a guy in Malta that knocked my buddy out from the Dacia. I stopped on the other side of the cafe, my buddy was saying he was staring right at me. He flanked, I flanked, I picked up my buddy and we ran to separate doors. Cheater rounded the corner right as we were getting to the doorways. I popped back out to fight, he downed me and instantly was shooting into the ground before the animation was even finished to kill me. Buddy came out right behind him and the cheater couldn't finish me off in time.

Lots and lots of weird stuff going on. Bluehole said they banned about 25k cheaters, but that is barely a fraction of the problem. Just look at the leader boards with people getting +50% win rates and +20 k/d ratios.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 3:51:12 AM EDT
[#24]
AWM is life.

Link Posted: 10/24/2017 8:44:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was laying prone on a roof, walls covered me, no shot at me from anywhere.  I got lit up and killed by an uzi on full auto, was not very close. Had to hit me through the building. Then the guy just runs into town and takes out the rest of my squad with his uzi. Killed two of my buddies through walls.

We all just laughed, at least it was early in the first circle, not late game.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 1:25:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 6:13:59 AM EDT
[#27]
I see more blatant cheating with PUBG than any other game I can recollect... I see cheating daily, speed hacks, aimbots where I see player killing player after player in seconds, and events that take place that would only make sense if someone was using ESP...

Maybe I am seeing more because I am playing late, but there is a lot of BS and it seems to be getting worse...
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 7:01:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I see more blatant cheating with PUBG than any other game I can recollect... I see cheating daily, speed hacks, aimbots where I see player killing player after player in seconds, and events that take place that would only make sense if someone was using ESP...

Maybe I am seeing more because I am playing late, but there is a lot of BS and it seems to be getting worse...
View Quote
It’s definitely happening more now than it did a few months ago.

They need to get a handle on this before it pushes everyone away.

Also, I am a bad luck charm. You will NOT win if I’m on your team this week.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 11:09:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
For sure there's tons of "numba wan" cheaters in almost every game. Seems like FPP servers have fewer. I was able to squeeze a Dinner on solo 3PP last night though, so they either suck at cheating or eliminated themselves early in the match.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 10:01:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Was just going to hop on for a fun solo and the first building I go into I found an 8X and bullet loops. So I figure lets loot out Kameshki and see what I can find. 416 and some other loot.

Check one more building as the circle is closing and there's the K98.

Just East of Yas there was a car driving around honking. We exchanged passes in our UAZs and hopping out taking pot shots and on I went. Got to a compound South of Yas and there was a guy there, started shooting at him. Saw a guy running wayyyy off and took about 10 shots to kill him. Circle closes and as I'm headed in a bike passes me and a Dacia stops. Shoot the Dacia guy, move into circle, find a buggy on a hill, two engage each other and I kill the victor. Move into next circle and I've got two guys. start engaging both. One kills the other and I finish who's left. Now I've got cans for both my guns. Some guy starts poppiong me from up a hill I was ascending. I go prone and shoot him through the grass. Last guy finishes a the 3 and it's him and I. He moves, I get one shot in him with the 98 and rush to finish him with the 416.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 10:33:09 PM EDT
[#31]
What's the 2 gig patch for? Just blue zone damage changes?
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 10:37:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
What's the 2 gig patch for? Just blue zone damage changes?
View Quote
Crap I need to get that started downloading.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 7:28:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Early Access – Week 31 – Patch Notes

Gameplay
- Blue zone DOT (Damage over Time) increases when characters are farther away from the play zone
- This principle does not apply to the first blue zone

Bug Fix
- Resolved a bug where bullets would sometimes ignore armor
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 6:37:43 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm like 20 games in and haven't even got a kill yet
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 6:51:28 PM EDT
[#35]
They need to add a crate drop grenade launcher. limited ammo like the AWM. Maybe 6-12 rounds and its a secondary weapon.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 9:35:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Gameplay
- Blue zone DOT (Damage over Time) increases when characters are farther away from the play zone

Bug Fix
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Gameplay

Bug Fix
There is also a 1 hr maintenance tomorrow to upgrade the anti-cheat infrastructure on the server side. The upgrade won't change anything with cheating yet but it looks like they're doing it to pave the way for some new measures soon. China and Russia won't be numbah 1 much longer.

Quoted:
I'm like 20 games in and haven't even got a kill yet
Are you getting killed immediately or late game?
If it's immediately I recommend just dropping into hotzones until you're forced to get better. Squad up with arfcommers and learn some tricks. If you're getting killed late game while still not getting any kills that means you're playing it way too safe and people that are taking fights all game are steamrolling you because they have the skills and good loot. If you're dropping hot it will be a self correcting issue once you git gud. If you're dropping safe you'll never git gud, can't get better at shooting people if you run.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 4:16:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Been playing quite a bit this last week 2am-8am MST, which is prime-time evening(4pm-10pm) for some of Asia.
Went from about 50% of my games I would run into a hacker in Duos/Squads to about 75% of my games....

I think the only quick fix they can offer currently, before they actually get a decent anti-cheat system in place, is to region lock.
I doubt they will though because open regions for the servers means less automation on controlling server overflow.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 11:36:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Played a billion games last night and got 2nd three times.

No chicken for weeks! I’m the kiss of death for any squad.

Link Posted: 10/27/2017 1:37:38 PM EDT
[#39]
So, 1st and 2nd circle blue zone is still pretty much the same... Haven't been too far away from 2nd circle though.
3rd and 4th circle it is way chunkier. Definitely fixes the AFK and blue zone looters but you have no time now other than moving into the circle.
If you get a bad circle, you almost can't even take a fight in squads anymore.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 2:34:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Played a billion games last night and got 2nd three times.

No chicken for weeks! I’m the kiss of death for any squad.

View Quote
I keep replaying our last fight in the fog. I'm pretty sure if I didn't reload I'd have been able to take out the last guy.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 3:31:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I keep replaying our last fight in the fog. I'm pretty sure if I didn't reload I'd have been able to take out the last guy.
View Quote
It's just habit. I tend to reload too much too. Who knows we'll just have to try it again!
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 8:28:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Been playing quite a bit this last week 2am-8am MST, which is prime-time evening(4pm-10pm) for some of Asia.
Went from about 50% of my games I would run into a hacker in Duos/Squads to about 75% of my games....

I think the only quick fix they can offer currently, before they actually get a decent anti-cheat system in place, is to region lock.
I doubt they will though because open regions for the servers means less automation on controlling server overflow.
View Quote
As much as I want region locking it hasn't ever really worked for anybody else. It's been a while since I played overwatch but I don't remember a lot of cheaters and regions weren't as huge of an issue since you couldn't switch on the fly. Just off the top of my head they should do the following for cheaters:

-Full HWID, IP, account, and payment method ban (not sure if payment method is possible).
-Region lock and tie region to account location. Sucks for those temporarily overseas trying to play with friends, but you guys are absolutely the minority. Also sucks for those of us that like to play AS servers, I love AS server stomps as much as the next guy but I  do perfectly fine on NA servers and if AS servers are all you can play to get kills ya'll should git gud.
-As an alternate to the first point just shadowban cheaters instead by leaving the account active but only placing cheaters in crap tickrate servers with other cheaters, it'd be their own personal hell that they're unaware of for a while.
-Increase the cost of the game in China and Russia, it's only about $10 over there IIRC. In addition, as Shroud (twitch streamer) suggested the game should really be $60. I think most get enough time out of the game to justify the price hike on launch. It's statistically proven that repeat offenders stick mostly to f2p or cheap games like h1z1, cs:go, etc. If you're paying $60 each time you get banned eventually funds run out or you go to a different game (in most cases).
-I'll piss off the country bumpkins but there absolutely should be automatic ping kicks if ping goes over a set amount (500?) to combat lag switchers. I know some of us have crap internet, I'm not an elitist but I've lived in BFE more than once and even on the worst government issue shared connections have I EVER had a ping over 500ms. This would go a long way in combatting lag switchers which is the easiest and most accessible form of cheating since a lag switch costs only a few bucks and it's possible to setup a software switch.

Just my two cents.
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 4:29:13 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
*snip*

Just my two cents.
View Quote

Lots of good points. Unfortunately...

They can't ban payment method, unless the account has bought keys directly, since most buy the game via 3rd party; Steam, GoG, GMG, etc.

My buddy brought up an interesting point about why the game is so cheap in Russia/China, no idea how accurate it is though.
    The rampant credit card fraud allows people to buy a valid game for next to nothing on the street.
    Link Posted: 10/28/2017 10:31:34 AM EDT
    [#44]
    Well, that works for me!

Link Posted: 10/28/2017 11:38:56 AM EDT
    [#45]
    HorriblePlayer2 on Twitch, HORRIBLE_PLAYER2 on steam. I’m horrible but if anyone wants to add me and play some squad...
    Link Posted: 10/28/2017 11:49:43 AM EDT
    [#46]
    Quoted:
    HorriblePlayer2 on Twitch, HORRIBLE_PLAYER2 on steam. I’m horrible but if anyone wants to add me and play some squad...
    View Quote
    You sound terrible but I’ll add ya

Couldn’t find you add me my steam id is my username
    Link Posted: 10/28/2017 11:52:32 AM EDT
    [#47]
    Sent
    Link Posted: 10/28/2017 5:48:34 PM EDT
    [#48]
    Quoted:

Lots of good points. Unfortunately...

They can't ban payment method, unless the account has bought keys directly, since most buy the game via 3rd party; Steam, GoG, GMG, etc.

My buddy brought up an interesting point about why the game is so cheap in Russia/China, no idea how accurate it is though.
      The rampant credit card fraud allows people to buy a valid game for next to nothing on the street.
      View Quote
      Ya, payment method bans are wishful thinking, I know blizzard gets away with it because their ecosystem is way more locked down than anybody else's and that's the only way it could work.

They don't really even need fraud in Russia, like I said, it's already $10 so you don't even need to scam to be picking up tons of copies for nothing. In addition they also sell the game outside of steam in Russia and it runs independent of steam entirely which obviously creates even more issues.
      Link Posted: 10/29/2017 4:25:54 PM EDT
      [#49]
      One chicken dinner and a few top 4 finishes in duos with John C and squad with John and Hiro.

SKS with 15x after we dropped and controlled military base was insane.
      Link Posted: 10/29/2017 5:58:46 PM EDT
      [#50]
      I've been hearing about this game for a few months, but just now thinking about getting into it.

I heard it is going to (or has been?) be released for Xbox. Is that true? Is PC a better option?

Any tips?

Thanks.
      Page / 32
      Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
      Top Top