User Panel

Page / 36
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 5:57:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Press (A) I think.

Sure thing if you/they want/need more people send an invite
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 1:01:12 PM EDT
[#2]
OK, I'll try A.  I finally figured out how to mute people and I really needed it last night.  Some guy was making all kinds of noise.   What is weird is that when I'd go to mute him, there were like always two other guys in that little list.  But not all the players.  I wonder why that was.  Were those your platoon?  The one I had to mute was spanish speaking and you could hear all kinds of stuff going on at his house.  LOL.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 3:36:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Right when I play by myself I had a guy speaking Chinese and had way to much background noise haha.  Also a couple southerners talking about some girl they met.

They wouldn't be my platoon unless we all join the game with you. But the green ones are the squad you get placed in and are random players, that's why you can hear them talk. Then the blue ones are on your side just not on your squad so no coms with them, you can ride in the vehicles with them though.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 3:45:30 PM EDT
[#4]
The a thing worked when in a vehicle!!  Woooohoooooo!!!

Hey, I always here "there is such and such n/s/e/w of your location.  I can never tell which way north, south east, or west is.  Is there a compass that shows???  Because the minimap kind of moves around with you.  
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 5:54:45 PM EDT
[#5]
That is a mystery to me also If I figure it out I'll let ya know.

and the call for a medic ammo etc I always forget what button and end up tossing a grenade haha
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 7:04:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Drok556 I sent you a friend request , sean22477
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 7:09:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Guys, add me, I play a lot and can probably help you out.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 7:17:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Ok I sent friend request to both of you gentle mans
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 10:20:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Got it
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:21:11 PM EDT
[#10]
I think I got it too, but I had a couple in there and weren't sure who all they were.  I'll go look at it and accept yours.  I'm assuming your gt is your forum name here?  Let me go look.  

OK, I see it.  Different name though.  Got it.  

Should I download the china rising deal e o and does it give me more online maps to play?  
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 8:30:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Should you... well that's up to you but they are fun too.
I got the premium pack it gave me lots of battle packs and ALL the maps .Yes it will but if you are going to get all of them anyways go the premium route it'll save ya some money And get extra stuff.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 12:59:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Mine came with China Rising.  So I'm in a quandry.  I thought I was doing a good thing by buying an extra map with the game.  I think we paid a little more for it too.  But I didn't know there were a bunch more to get.  

I figured out N/S/E/W.   You have to have superman vision, but it is marked on the minimap towards the edges.  It's nearly impossible to see if your my age though.  Our TV isn't dinky but it's not big enough.  Half the time I can't see the text on these games.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 1:51:58 PM EDT
[#13]
I know the words can be so hard to see sometimes. haha I hardly use the map that's probably why i didn't notice them.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 2:38:02 AM EDT
[#14]
I've never had the game do that to me that is strange .

The different time zones don't help to much haha. But I did play again when she fell asleep around 0030 till 0230 and saw you log on i went to invite ya but saw you were on Netflix

Link Posted: 5/17/2015 4:08:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Lol.  I didn't notice that you were on then.   Oooooops.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 7:41:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Haha that's fine we'll catch a game sometime
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 8:38:45 PM EDT
[#17]
It's double xp week and I can't play till Friday
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 1:15:41 PM EDT
[#18]
I would imagine I'll be playing a good amount this weekend.  I'll be being a bachelor for 5 days starting Saturday morn.  

I started trying to use my recon kit more last night and my scores fell.  LOL.  Not running around getting flags as much will do that.  It seemed like there was a duel going on with snipers on lancang dam.  The other team was just camping at the island and sniping.  There weren't a lot of guys.  And I was countersniping some and then intermittently getting the other flags.  But what sucks is we had the other flags the majority of the time except the island, and we still lost.  I didn't get that one.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 7:29:52 PM EDT
[#19]

Yup that's where the camp fights are I've gotten good at it and usually piss someone off to a point they shoot at me with rpgs and the vehicles.

I know that happends to me also..We'll hold most of the flags but still lose cause they have more kills then us.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:20:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Dudes are totally hard to hit when they're moving around and real far away.  LOL.  It gets frustrating.  I gotta tell you what happened to me that one game. I swam out to the island and flanked this guy.   And I was about 10' away from him and he didn't see me and I was going to fill him full of lead with my pistol and right as I pulled the trigger somebody sniped him from the mainland and got the kill.  It was nuts.  I saw him get zapped right in front of me.  My son and I were practically rolling on the floor laughing.  I got robbed.  LOL.  Good kill for the other guy though.  

I need a rangefinder though.  Plus I'm still not sure of the dope on my rifle.  Like how far it is dropping at what range and such.  I saw you have a longest headshot at 600 some odd meters.  Nice.  Do you go to the rifle range and see where your holdovers need to be?
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:49:24 PM EDT
[#21]
I once got a couple lucky kills with my sks and 4x scope from sniper range the oldest here had his 40x scope aiming at One of them too. Idk how I hit them

I've had that happen to me also I get lined up for the shot and someone takes it but I also do it too haha. The best one are when you snipe the guy trying to sneak up on your teammate and get the savior award.

Nope I just watch where the bullet hits and adjust like I was trained haha since there's no wind it's easier.  I've tried the range finder but it's not really that good or I'm just not good with it haha.

Holdovers for the m40 and the srr61 are the same ,  with a 14x up scope should be one or 2 lines under center if your shooting at people on the island from one of the buildings on either side closest to the shoreline. And about 1 to 2 lines to lead them on the move. I do agree it's really hard but is possible.

I saw you have the 20x scope but not equipped??. That scope is great and you can still use the 14x variable with It. it's alot easier to get the round on target with the 20x
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 1:09:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I once got a couple lucky kills with my sks and 4x scope from sniper range the oldest here had his 40x scope aiming at One of them too. Idk how I hit them

I've had that happen to me also I get lined up for the shot and someone takes it but I also do it too haha. The best one are when you snipe the guy trying to sneak up on your teammate and get the savior award.

Nope I just watch where the bullet hits and adjust like I was trained haha since there's no wind it's easier.  I've tried the range finder but it's not really that good or I'm just not good with it haha.

Holdovers for the m40 and the srr61 are the same ,  with a 14x up scope should be one or 2 lines under center if your shooting at people on the island from one of the buildings on either side closest to the shoreline. And about 1 to 2 lines to lead them on the move. I do agree it's really hard but is possible.

I saw you have the 20x scope but not equipped??. That scope is great and you can still use the 14x variable with It. it's alot easier to get the round on target with the 20x
View Quote

Yeah, but your field of view decrease so bad at shorter ranges.  I kind of like the lower and then having the 14X be the upper limit.  I did have the 20x on there for one game and it is super clear though.  Maybe I'll try it again.  

This all is making me  want to get out and shoot my rifles really bad.  Soon, very soon.  I've been shooting pistols more lately, as it's just easier and I don't carry a rifle regularly.  LOL.  So...  I don't shoot nearly as much as I used to or would like to.  I guess this is just a teaser.  LOL.  

I want that M40.  

One time on Paracel Storm, I countersniped a guy with the RFB.  I might have told you that already.  He got me a couple of times and he was on that little island off of flag A.  I would spawn on A and he got me twice.  But I somehow got him the next time with my RFB and 4x.  That's what happens if you don't move.  Oh yeah, I think I did tell you about this.  It wasn't a super far shot, but far enough with the 4x.  Oh, I found the barrett at that tower one game.  I picked it up and got one kill with it.  I wish you could keep it after that.  It's a great sniper rifle.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 1:38:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Hey also, what is stability?  I put the heavier barrel on my Mk11 Mod 0 but the stability goes down.  Accuracy goes up though.  My guess is it's when you are holding the rifle it may move on you more, when just standing or whatever???  I'll see if it's annoying or not.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 4:56:30 PM EDT
[#24]
You can use both 14x and the 20x  that's how I use the 40x scope I use the 14 view to look for a shot then go to 40x for the kill.

I think stability it muzzle rise in the game with the automatics I try to get good stability even if it lowers range and accuracy only if it's minimal though.

Just have to drop the kids off with their dad and I'll be battling haha
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 5:16:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Yeah, but even 14x seems a bit intense for me.  I may try it out a bit again.  I think the 10x would be a good compromise.  But it would be nice to be able to go 10 and then zoom to 20.  Does the M40A5 come with a scope and is it a 10x?

I probably won't be playing tonight at all.  We'll see.  I may play for a bit this afternoon.  But there is a lot going on here with my family leaving tomorrow.  Plus my wife just found out she got a promotion!
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 6:12:35 PM EDT
[#26]
it takes time to get used to especially since the view moves more from the breathing. The m40.. not sure I had a scope for it in a battle pack ahead of time.

Family first then everything else I understand we do it here also.  

Congratulations to Mrs. JJREA
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:18:54 PM EDT
[#27]
thank for the congrats and thanks for playing with me.  I got a few kills with the sniper rifle.  In fact, at lancang dam right at the end I got a double kill with my M9.  It was sweet.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 2:14:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Nice.  Not sure what was going on but I couldn't get a positive k/d ratio haha. Hopefully tonight will be better

The game is easier when the team can communicate. Like when me and the kid play we stay close together and watch each others back. it was funny cause I tried to tell you someone was coming around the wall and realized you couldn't hear me haha.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:29:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Sometimes I can hear people through my TV and I won't mute them if they're not annoying.  One time I think a guy was a commander and he was warning me a few times about guys near me and I shot down a helo with his help.  But it's when people wear cheap headphones or something and all kinds of racket is coming through and you can't hear the game, that's when I mute them.  I don't recall muting you though.  So...  I wonder why I couldn't hear you.  Hmmm.....
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:02:56 AM EDT
[#30]
I didn't have my chat on I guess haha. Can't wait for the update I hear it's supposed to be good.

went up 3 stars and 1 full rank  did horrible fri and sat but on mon the oldest kid and 3 others played so we had a full squad and we wrecked the other teams .  I guess a full squad and communication are key in this game
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 1:10:03 PM EDT
[#31]
When we play again, I'll listen to you.  I'll get headphones eventually.

Hey, when your sniping, is there a way to make your rifle still when aiming?  In ghosts you can press down on the stick with a sniper rifle and it will give some stability for a limited time. I think it's supposed to mimic holding your breath or something.  Which I don't ever do in real life, but being a game.  

I got the M40A5 but that first sniper rifle has a bipod and it sure helps.   I really like that variable zoom option too that I don't have for the M40 yet.  It's hard to get hits when you can't keep it still.  LOL>
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 2:49:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Yea. hold down the left stick.  You'll eventually get the bipod etc the more it gets used. Use the bonus points you get in the battlepacks it'll help upgrade faster

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 4:56:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Thank you!!!  I'm getting frustrated as a sniper though.  Everyone moving too much lately.  LOL.  

But I unlocked the SG553 and holy batman I like it.  I went 18/16 on locker last night which is good for me.  And I'm somehow learning to not flop down when shooting FA.  It almost seems like when the game updated it made me not do it better.  

What are the big differences?  The graphics seem a hair better to me and a bit less dark.  I can see things more clearly.  I think.  And we got some guns.  4 of them.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:02:42 PM EDT
[#34]
I didn't see much difference maybe bug fixes and the guns and a couple different play options like close quarters.. I like the new gun..an-94 I just have the irons for it. Still a get easy kills with it.

Locker is so fun and frustrating at the same time haha. Good job with the 18-16 record.  I was doing the flood zone one on hardcore and went 17-11 with recon, one guy messaged me " bro you keep sniping me lol"  I just said " sorry lol" then he said "it's cool your a good shot" then sent a friend request haha.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:46:15 PM EDT
[#35]
It's always good to know there are some good sports playing.  Some of the posts on battlelog make you wonder........

I can't really put a finger on exactly what's different, but it just looks a hair different to me.  But maybe it's just in my head.  Besides the obvious things like the new game modes and the way the menu's look with the rain and such.  But I swear it seems like I can see a bit better in the game.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:51:03 PM EDT
[#36]
It does look a little cleaner but I swear the game has made me more attentive to small movements around me.

I don't read and posts on battlelog So I dont know what goes on.

Yea there are a few decent people but theres lots of poor sports too which is to bad..
Oh I forgot on that same game one of the guys on my side kept shooting me in the back when he respawned towards the end of the game and have no idea why. But I did get him back once.. I saw him so I sniped him too. then he really came after me the last few seconds.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 4:35:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Wait, you can take damage from guys on your team?
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 10:45:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Only in hardcore mode that I know of.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 12:33:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Aaaaah, OK.  

Guys on battlelog are saying premium isn't worth it because nobody plays the extra maps.  Have you ever had a game going online that took you into a DLC map?
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 3:06:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Not sure what your asking  Have I played the other maps online? Yes and lots of people do.

I only got premium by accident,  I thought it was the actual game just with a couple of extra things and found out it was just a bunch of game stuff with out the game itself.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 12:33:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Yeah, sorry my question was probably goofy.  What I was saying was that some of the guys on battlelog say nobody ever plays the downloaded maps online, so they're not worth it.  But then my son was like, but I see videos on youtube of guys playing different maps than the ones we have.  

These are the maps we have played:

Paracel Storm, Zavod 311, Hainan Resort, Lancang Dam, Flood Zone, Operation Locker, Rogue Transmission, Dawnbreaker, Golmud Railway, and Seige of Shangai.  

So do you actually play more maps than this online with any sort of frequency?  It sounds like you're saying yes.  But I just want to clarify.  

I'm a bit concerned about how long it will take to download some of these too.  LOL.  The update took an hour and a half.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 9:32:31 PM EDT
[#42]
I play them when I'm not playing with the kids cuz they don't have the maps.

Not sure dl anything on xbox seems like it takes forever. So when I'm done playing I'll dl something then shut it off for the night.  Here's the info if you don't know how to set it up.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 1:27:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Now you really got me confused.  LOL.  You must have different systems for your kids????  No?  

Plus you make it sound as if you can choose which maps you play.  I guess there is a way to pick what kind of server you go on, but I didn't know you could actually pick the map when you're playing online.  Or maybe some servers are just for certain maps.

How many different maps do you play that are not the ones I mentioned?  I can't get a firm answer from anyone about what DLC maps are actually played and if that would make it worth it to get any of the DLC's.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 8:27:16 PM EDT
[#44]

Nope all have the 360. The maps are separated. the maps you mentioned are all the bf4 base maps  there are many others Look here  they are more like map sets and yes you can  pick what set you want to play on.  It's hard to explain. Haha.

For the servers... This is even harder to explain... they are whatever the server creators made the game play to be as in what maps, rules, ect. I like the one server that's 24/7 locker  and it's just that all locker maps all the time.

I hope this helps Im not good at explaining things
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 2:08:27 PM EDT
[#45]
I remember Gulf of Oman from Battlefield II!!!!  I liked that map.    One thing that battlefield II had that I loved was the UAV trailer and the artillery.  How you could go blow them up and the commander wouldn't be able to use them.  Does this game have artillery for the commander?  I see a trailer in the spawn of Zavod and always wonder.  I think the fact is nobody plays the commander so....  it might not ever get used.  I might have to start playing commander.  But I'm still learning the game.

I kind of sort of understand what you're saying about the maps.   But the consensus on a thread my son started in battlelog was that nobody ever plays them.  So I'm all confused.  

Also, if I'm interpreting this correctly,  you have a couple or a few xbox 360's, each one for yourself, correct?  So you can all play together at once?  I was thinking that would be cool for me and my son, but we both just have one between the two of us.  Plus his friends are starting to get xbox one and that might be what he wants next.  But then it would be neat to have multiple.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 2:29:04 PM EDT
[#46]

I don't know much about commander but they do have missle drops.

The one i know of is in China rising map set you can enter a trailer for a warship. But the trailer can't be destroyed.

If I could afford to get 2 more map sets I'd get them so the kids could play them also.. When I go onto the other maps there's a bunch of players. Not as much as the bf4 one just because the extra maps cost money vs bf4 maps come with game.

Yea it started out only 2 xbox360 as one for me  got them one for Christmas.  Then I found a deal on the cod mw3 320gb xbox360 so I bought it and gave mine to the kids but what I forgot to do is take my game info off...so I lost years of saved game play

That's how we all play online together.  

Yea they want a one also but I told them no to expensive and they would lose all the games we have now since they can't be played on the one. Plus I'm keeping the 360 till they stop all the online servers and game production haha.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 12:48:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Yeah I don't really plan on getting a one too.  But everybody always has to have the latest and greatest.  What is an xbox 1 right now?   I haven't priced them.  I just know when we got the 360 the 1 was waaaaaaaaay more expensive.  

I think I might at least download China Rising because we got it with the game.  And then go from there.  I wonder how long it will take.  LOL.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 12:49:35 PM EDT
[#48]
I still play on 360 from time to time
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 1:04:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Yeah I don't really plan on getting a one too.  But everybody always has to have the latest and greatest.  What is an xbox 1 right now?   I haven't priced them.  I just know when we got the 360 the 1 was waaaaaaaaay more expensive.  

I think I might at least download China Rising because we got it with the game.  And then go from there.  I wonder how long it will take.  LOL.
View Quote

Not sure probably still 250+  

I like the China maps especially the desert one (name?) I know the dl takes forever haha
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 1:06:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I still play on 360 from time to time
View Quote

Nice if ya see me on bf4 hit me up its drok556  I've been back on my Destiny kick for the last week
Page / 36
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top