Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/4/2002 8:20:25 AM EDT
What kind of vid card do any of you use when you play Medal of Honor Allied Assualt? I'm looking to buy a new card and don't know what to get. I'm looking at a Radeon 7500 PCI, how good are those? They're cheap and since when I bought my new mobo on eBay I forgot to look if it had an AGP slot (doh!). So I need a PCI card. Is the Radeon 7500 better than the GeForce4 MX420 PCI? Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 5:59:01 PM EDT
The GeForce4 is considered the better card for gaming, but the Radeon is fine for a game like MOHAA, as long as the rest of your system is up to the task i.e. cpu/mb/mem. I am running an older Radeon vivo 64mbDDR, and have no problems with MOHAA or RTCW. Having no AGP will handcuff you a bit but the choice will come down to the best deal between the two. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 6:40:59 PM EDT
The best PCI card at the moment is probably the new ATI Radeon 9000 series. These can be had in PCI versions. As Dugster said, having no AGP will cost some performance. Motherboards for the P4/AMD Athlon XP starts at only $35-45 for cheapest ones, so you might want to consider getting a new board which supports AGP. You can always sell the one you have. For a AGP card I'd reccomend you'd get a GeForce4 Ti4200. This is a excellent videocard for the money. However If you can afford it the Ti4600 is great. Personally I'd get one made by Gainward as they have a reputation for high performance. For the best prices in computer hardware, check: [url]www.pricewatch.com[/url]
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 11:56:23 AM EDT
I put an ATI 9000Pro in my system several months ago(128mb ddr) and medal of honor and sprearhead are my favorite games. It sells for around $150 at best buy. No problems so far, I put an ATI 7500 in my son's computer at the same time(can't have him outdoing ole dad) and we play against each other room to room. ($75 64mb ddr) and it works just fine, if you got he $ go with the 9700pro ATI and relax for a while. radeon interfaces better with the windows xp better than nvidia...
Top Top