Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/10/2002 5:45:19 PM EDT
I have been having trouble with the demo for Black Hawk down. When I double click on the icon to play I get PROGRAM ERROR and then, I get  SYSDUMP.TXT saved. I have been playing for some time and never this problem.
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 3:23:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Uninstall the game and reinstall and then check for an upgrage.
Dump your temp. folders and history folders and trash ben to free up space. Then do a maintance check.
I know thats not much help,but give it a try.
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 8:42:08 AM EDT
[#2]
The "SYSDUMP.TXT" is a notorious crash with all the Novalogic DeltaForce series games, usually it has to do with illegal characters or combinations of items in maps.

If you're trying to use the map making utility or using 3rd party maps, that could be part of the problem.

Here's a forum that is devoted to the DF series by Novalogic, it was recently picked up by the UK Jolt servers so it's got other stuff as well, but this is the BHD section.

[url]http://forums.jolt.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?s=bec88ea07d248fe5f5127b84988db1c7&daysprune=30&forumid=326[/url]
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 3:34:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Uninstall the game and reinstall and then check for an upgrage.
Dump your temp. folders and history folders and trash ben to free up space. Then do a maintance check.
I know thats not much help,but give it a try.
View Quote

Thanks for the help. It works now!
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 4:02:49 PM EDT
[#4]
my handle on the game is....GLOCK...OF COURSE.
[sniper]
Link Posted: 11/16/2002 12:29:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Mine is OKLA.LAWMAN*CC*
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 3:29:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Mine was ok until I just upgraded my DIRECTX 8 to DIRECTX 8.1....Now I'm getting the same thing.
Damn computers!!
GLOCK23
[:(!]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top