Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 174
Link Posted: 6/28/2013 5:09:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I may be interested in playing this. How do I get started? Is the alpha up or what?
Link Posted: 6/28/2013 5:51:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Alpha in december
Link Posted: 6/28/2013 6:28:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I may be interested in playing this. How do I get started? Is the alpha up or what?
If you contribute within the next week (the grace period), you get lifetime insurance on your purchased ship. So that ship, plus its default equipment, is always replaced free of charge regardless of how often you lose it (of course, go ramming people for kicks and you might wait an hour for a freebie, etc), while for normal players it will be like EvE where you either pay every X days for insurance or get nothing when you lose your ship. Make sure you pledge for something listed as having alpha/beta access because the full game will not be coming out for at least a year.

Walking in your hangar in August, dogfighting with other players in December 2013.

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/28/2013 9:34:00 PM EDT
[#4]
This is ridiculous, I already have a 300i but I'm actually considering getting the 350r.

No wonder they've been able to raise over 10 million.

Quoted:
Soo watching the livestream on RSI's website and guess what they have sitting in the corner of the room...a nice AR :)

ETA Might be airsoft they have a ton of gear now on the table

Saw this in the video about building the 300i:

I think it's just a prop but cool nonetheless.
Link Posted: 6/29/2013 8:14:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I doubt they're live guns, CR has played with the shotgun during their weekly telecast and its a 14" barrel. They wouldn't 1) need an SBS for motion capture purposes, or 2) leave it lying around the office.

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/29/2013 1:42:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Successfully migrated my account over to their new website.  I even got the handle I wanted which is "Lazarus Long".  Now if I can keep myself from giving them any more of my money.
Link Posted: 6/29/2013 3:43:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Successfully migrated my account over to their new website.  I even got the handle I wanted which is "Lazarus Long".  Now if I can keep myself from giving them any more of my money.

Having troubles.  Use login and password to migrate right?  Am tech challenged.
Link Posted: 6/29/2013 3:57:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.  I used my old log-in and password.  After logging in it will make you migrate.
Link Posted: 6/29/2013 4:06:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.  I used my old log-in and password.  After logging in it will make you migrate.

^
Link Posted: 6/29/2013 8:12:35 PM EDT
[#10]
it amazed me how fast the idlis (sp?) sold out at over 1k a pop...i saw it 7 minutes after it was posted
Link Posted: 6/29/2013 9:17:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
it amazed me how fast the idlis (sp?) sold out at over 1k a pop...i saw it 7 minutes after it was posted

Wowwy. Finally got migrated over. Did the same thing and it worked. They must have been busy when I first tried.
Link Posted: 6/29/2013 11:30:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They all sold out quick, but then I guess some credit cards were turned down or something because after 0 were left, the total available went back to around 20. Of course in a few minutes those were bought up.

I didn't expect it but the "tanker" looks pretty good. I guess the Bengal carrier could have been an indicator, but I'm glad to see a focus on larger ships instead of everything being fighters.

Link Posted: 7/1/2013 4:28:57 PM EDT
[#13]
The Starfarer is really nice. They were tossing the idea around of being able to drop your cargo and use it as a weapon lol
Link Posted: 7/1/2013 6:32:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They all sold out quick, but then I guess some credit cards were turned down or something because after 0 were left, the total available went back to around 20. Of course in a few minutes those were bought up.
They sold 200, then added another 50 for sale.
It will be interesting to see what the differences are between the original 100 ("military" model) vs the new 250 ("peacekeeper" model), besides the Peacekeeper missing a Class 8 hardpoint, who knows what that is...

Star Citizen won't be EvE where you need a Idlis to compete, it's a dogfighting game so I'd expect the biggest ship to see regularly on the battlefield would be the Connie, and even then it will be rare.

Kharn
Link Posted: 7/1/2013 7:45:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks great, but too expensive for me. I have a feeling if the ships are $200 they will require to to grind to get them for free via playing, in which case I am not interested.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 11:09:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Looks great, but too expensive for me. I have a feeling if the ships are $200 they will require to to grind to get them for free via playing, in which case I am not interested.

Well, it's not $200 for the ship, it's mostly funding for the game. I have little doubt that players will have loaded hangers soon into the game without some insane grind. The bonus you get from buying ships during the funding drive is the lifetime insurance. The goal is this is not a pay-to-win F2P game.

Link Posted: 7/2/2013 11:55:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't expect it but the "tanker" looks pretty good. I guess the Bengal carrier could have been an indicator, but I'm glad to see a focus on larger ships instead of everything being fighters.

http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac334/david06photo/Star%20Citizen/Starfarer_earlyrender2resized.jpg

http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac334/david06photo/Star%20Citizen/Starfarer_earlyrender3resized.jpg

http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac334/david06photo/Star%20Citizen/Starfarer_earlyrender5resized.jpg

If I can get my own Frigate or Destroyer class vessel, I'll be as happy as a body builder directing traffic. Sure I want a corvette (the Idris looks pretty cool), but I'd love to have something just a bit bigger. If they map out the interiors of the ships, holy hell it's going to be awesome. I'll just run around the ship and never leave port. Being able to run around the ships was one of my favorite parts of the KotOR and Mass Effect series of games.

I'll probably wind up having a Hornet and Constellation at start.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 1:42:52 PM EDT
[#18]
I started out getting the rear admiral package for the connie. Got both the ID card and t-shirt already.

Added the origin 350R last week, and the Starfarer yesterday. Probably gonna get a Hornet soon just to have a dedicated blow-em-up ship.

I would have wanted to get the corvette, except it's not just stripped down, they removed the big gun's mounting point. I'd like a landable ship with a hanger, maybe the frigate will have that since the destroyer is supposedly a space-only design
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 6:21:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac334/david06photo/Star%20Citizen/Starfarer_earlyrender2resized.jpg

http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac334/david06photo/Star%20Citizen/Starfarer_earlyrender3resized.jpg

http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac334/david06photo/Star%20Citizen/Starfarer_earlyrender5resized.jpg

If I can get my own Frigate or Destroyer class vessel, I'll be as happy as a body builder directing traffic. Sure I want a corvette (the Idris looks pretty cool), but I'd love to have something just a bit bigger. If they map out the interiors of the ships, holy hell it's going to be awesome. I'll just run around the ship and never leave port. Being able to run around the ships was one of my favorite parts of the KotOR and Mass Effect series of games.

There's no iff they map the interiors. Did you see this from the livestream event?

That's just the first of the multi-crew ships. Every ship with a cabin or more will be navigable, and the carriers can take a while just to get from the bridge to the hangers. They are also looking at putting in customizable internal stuff. I want a DJ booth for my Constellation, since people keep saying it's a party ship

Link Posted: 7/2/2013 9:45:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Its $200 if you want the most badass F22-class fighter (which needs 3 friends to be used to its full potential, but your fuel and module costs will be super high), $110 for an F15 (Hornet), but if you can live with an F5 its only $40-65 (Aurora, 300i or Avenger) that will be more than adequate for playing. The big thing is to get alpha/beta access because the general release is so far away.

Kharn

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/3/2013 12:21:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's no iff they map the interiors. Did you see this from the livestream event?

http://youtu.be/InLTUDN_NQ4

That's just the first of the multi-crew ships. Every ship with a cabin or more will be navigable, and the carriers can take a while just to get from the bridge to the hangers. They are also looking at putting in customizable internal stuff. I want a DJ booth for my Constellation, since people keep saying it's a party ship

I know so far they have been fleshing out the interiors of the smaller ships, but big ships can be quite expansive in terms of corridors and what not, so it would not surprise me if they weren't all that fleshed out. It really feels like it's your ship and not just a game when you can walk around anywhere inside the interior though and as I said it was one of the features I liked the most about Mass Effect 2 and one that I hated about 3 (they made the interior smaller and blocked off some sections).
Link Posted: 7/3/2013 12:24:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its $200 if you want the most badass F22-class fighter (which needs 3 friends to be used to its full potential, but your fuel and module costs will be super high), $110 for an F15 (Hornet), but if you can live with an F5 its only $40-65 (Aurora, 300i or Avenger) that will be more than adequate for playing. The big thing is to get alpha/beta access because the general release is so far away.

Kharn

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Last I heard the alpha/beta will mostly just be dogfighting testing. They probably will have mostly internal alpha/beta testing of the sandbox game until the game is close to release.
Link Posted: 7/3/2013 12:31:24 PM EDT
[#23]
In for a Hornet! I remember being so excited for Wing Commander to come out, and hoping I had enough memory to have the stick/hand rendered in the cockpit...
Link Posted: 7/3/2013 4:17:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Just reserved the 325a with the arbiter pack.  Any word on when alpha starts?
Link Posted: 7/3/2013 4:19:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
August for walking around hangars (social stuff, possibly meet in bars, invite friends to your hangar, etc, but still something to do), December for dogfighting.

Kharn
Link Posted: 7/3/2013 10:29:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Just grabbed the Retaliator and the Aurora LX, plus electroskin for instant skin changes. So that's Connie, Tali, Starfarer, 350r, and Aurora now. Still don't have a dedicated fighter but that'll change soon
Link Posted: 7/3/2013 10:30:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

November-ish according to the devs

I think they said August for the hanger, but my memory is foggy atm

Link Posted: 7/4/2013 4:07:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

"End of year" for dogfighting according to the live cast. August for hangers and bullshitting with folks....remember

Talk to your recruiter
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 4:16:48 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"End of year" for dogfighting according to the live cast. August for hangers and bullshitting with folks....remember

Talk to your recruiter

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u260/jaster7lid/87Flyer-1.jpg
Consider me recruited

Link Posted: 7/4/2013 7:08:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Is the 87th going to be at least alt-pirate friendly? I want my main to be an honest guy, but at least one of my alts is going to hoist the black flag.

Kharn
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 7:37:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Is the 87th going to be at least alt-pirate friendly? I want my main to be an honest guy, but at least one of my alts is going to hoist the black flag.

Kharn

Shit Kharn, the shit we're gonna be doing is gonna be a mix of fluffy fluffy federation type stuff, to shit that would make Boba Fett blush. We're gonna ambush people steal loads, board capital ships, hell we'll even help some people too. But there will be an active bounty system and we're gonna use it to full effect. Think of us as a mix of Kelly's Heroes and McHale's Navy in space. Just more bad ass

We'll have two teamspeaks for comms. One Primary, one secondary. I got a third TEOTWAWKI happens and we need a third server b/c the first two are down. When I get around to it I'd love to do a website. So anyone who might be able to help with that or maybe some graphical work would be phenomenal. What I would like is people to list what ships they currently have and maybe get some people together on teamspeak to BS.

Right now I've been getting in the mood with Sins of A Solar Empire: Entrenchment and some Freelancer.

If anyone wants to play shoot me a message.
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 8:47:01 AM EDT
[#32]
hmmm they put the aurora LX on sale for the same as the standard aurora for the rest of the week...tempted to get it
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 12:13:18 PM EDT
[#33]
I got the 315p with LTI, can't wait!
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 3:07:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I got the 315p with LTI, can't wait!

I just bought the 325A with LTI.  Hope it was worth the money.  

This game had better rock.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:51:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Bought a 325a LTI.

edit

I don't see anywhere where it says I have alpha/beta access. Do I need to buy something other than just the 325 LTI ship? Halp.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 8:38:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Bought a 325a LTI.

edit

I don't see anywhere where it says I have alpha/beta access. Do I need to buy something other than just the 325 LTI ship? Halp.
Yes! You must buy a package from this page: Packages to get into the game.
"Digital Mercenary" is the lowest level with alpha/beta access and it includes an Aurora for $40, so you could either buy that and add it to your 325a, or you could get the Arbiter package for $80 (melting down your 325a to get your money back) which includes a 325a and alpha/beta access. Do NOT melt your only ship after tonight, you'll just have to buy the Digital Mercenary pack at that point.

Kharn
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 8:48:48 PM EDT
[#37]
I thought digital scout had alpha and beta access too or i that just me since i got in on the kickstarter?
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 8:53:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Digital scout had alpha/beta access for purchasers prior to a few weeks ago (like 4-5?), new purchasers do not get it.
Other tiers will start to lose access for new purchasers as alpha draws near and spots fill up, but if you bought it, and your account page states alpha/beta access under your package, you're golden.

Kharn
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 8:54:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bought a 325a LTI.

edit

Yes! You must buy a package from this page: Packages to get into the game.
"Digital Mercenary" is the lowest level with alpha/beta access and it includes an Aurora for $40, so you could either buy that and add it to your 325a, or you could get the Arbiter package for $80 (melting down your 325a to get your money back) which includes a 325a and alpha/beta access. Do NOT melt your only ship after tonight, you'll just have to buy the Digital Mercenary pack at that point.

Kharn

I have a 24 hour timer on from here on out to recleaim my 325a and buy the arbiter package. Does that mean I can't reclaim it tomorrow, and I have to buy a lower package with access?

damnit.

edit
if i hover over my rsi it says im a veteran backer??
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 9:29:35 PM EDT
[#40]
LTI is not available for new backers starting at midnight, you need to retain your veteran backer status by having a purchase prior to midnight and not giving it away or recycling it into another purchase.

Kharn
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 9:47:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Alright. I have veteran backer status, so does that mean I get to play in the alpha/beta?
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 9:52:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Digital scout had alpha/beta access for purchasers prior to a few weeks ago (like 4-5?), new purchasers do not get it.
Other tiers will start to lose access for new purchasers as alpha draws near and spots fill up, but if you bought it, and your account page states alpha/beta access under your package, you're golden.

Kharn

odd i should have alpha and beta access but it doesn't show it under my rsi. I might have to put in a support ticket
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 10:39:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Alright. I have veteran backer status, so does that mean I get to play in the alpha/beta?
If your hangar lists a package which specifically mentions alpha/beta access.

Kharn
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 10:58:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Is there a roster to sign up for the arfcom group when this game finally comes out?

My work schedule keeps me really busy, so I probably wont be the most active member, but I can contribute
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 11:00:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Okay. I bought the digital mercenary 40.00 package on top of my 325a. I probably wont use the aurora much as it looks like its a shitty/starter ship. However, all the other packages were either another fighter/300 series platform, or more than i wanted to spend.

thanks for the help
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 2:10:02 AM EDT
[#46]
I just snagged the Hornet, and will probably grab an Avenger as well.  Stoked for Alpha access, and lookin forward to flying with ARF.  
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 6:28:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Okay. I bought the digital mercenary 40.00 package on top of my 325a. I probably wont use the aurora much as it looks like its a shitty/starter ship. However, all the other packages were either another fighter/300 series platform, or more than i wanted to spend.

thanks for the help
Each ship has a role, plus we get multiple characters so you could start an alt with the Aurora and have them lead a totally different life than your guy with the 325a.

Quoted:
I just snagged the Hornet, and will probably grab an Avenger as well.  Stoked for Alpha access, and lookin forward to flying with ARF.  
Do you have a package or just the ships? I think the Avenger looks too fat in the back, but I have to do a stat comparison between the Avenger and the Cutlass and see which one I could use for a little, uhhh, friendly, towing, blood stain removal and salvage service...

Kharn
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 9:13:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Alright 87th. Let's get our roster going.

Name and Ships

Name, Forum name, Ships
Jaster, Jaster CAG 87th SOS  - 325A, Hornet

I'll be making a spreadsheet for us all.
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 10:46:11 AM EDT
[#49]
darkvesperia-aurora,325a
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 11:04:56 AM EDT
[#50]
ski2060- ski2060- [Origin 325a]

I'm down for joining the 87th.
Page / 174
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top