Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 174
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 7:12:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I dunno, Evocati leaks seem to show it being very buggy.

I still sorta expect it to go to public PTU on Citizencon, just so CIG can say it is out there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Soon™

I still sorta expect it to go to public PTU on Citizencon, just so CIG can say it is out there.
I doubt it. They still have 25 must-fix bugs before they move on to the next phase of evocati testing, which is supposedly shipping and cargo mechanics.

I’ll be surprised if they get it out this year for a wide ptu release, much less a live release.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 7:59:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Soon™

You either missed, or misunderstand, what "Soon™" means.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 1:20:14 PM EDT
[#3]
it seems SOON™ is magnified by the scope of the project.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 1:21:44 PM EDT
[#4]
‘Soon’ is trademarked. Keep it up and their legal team will pop in. 
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 12:19:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
I still don't see how they trademarked it, when it was used way before Blizzard and WoW.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 12:21:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I still don't see how they trademarked it, when it was used way before Blizzard and WoW.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 12:23:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Soon: Copyright 2004-2017 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 6:22:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Soon: Copyright 2004-2017 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved
View Quote
You're mistaking soon for soon. Soon in pure written form may well be Blizzard. But soon, simultaneously written and heard in Ben Lesnik's voice is pure SC.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 7:06:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Avocado's take on when we're likely to see a PTU release for 3.0.  Not a live release, just to full PTU:

Q: I'm sorry to ask again. When do you think we'll get PTU? CitizenCon?
A: That's way too optimistic. We just started the second phase of ETF testing aka cargo and trade. We've yet to really test the missions system. My honest prediction is not in November or December. I know the public is dying to get their hands on 3.0, but realistically don't expect it by Christmas to be brutally honest. There's a probability that CIG will open it up to PTU on New Years' Eve, but that's pure speculation and optimistic at that. I don't like to speculate, so please stop asking me about dates.
View Quote
From this Reddit thread. Take it with a grain of salt, of course, but sounds spot on to me.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 3:29:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Heads up, the pioneer is $750 for concierge members with base building supplies and UEE surface claim deeds.  1200 left as of this post. 
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 3:59:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Heads up, the pioneer is $750 for concierge members with base building supplies and UEE surface claim deeds.  1200 left as of this post. 
View Quote
Holy shit really?!?!  I just looked at that like an hour ago and there were 1900+!!!!

Trying really hard not to melt some stuff to get it.  Trying to tell myself to be happy with the Endeavor I already can't crew and that Space Pot © will be the shiznit!  And shit, I don't even remember buying a prospector, but I haz one?!
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 4:10:53 PM EDT
[#12]
I’m tempted but $0 funds let alone the fact that I’d be needing to protect my base/hangar/outpost and that’s not a one guy job. 
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 5:22:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Pretty cool idea, and neat that they can make it work, though I have no interest in that type of gameplay.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 6:21:53 AM EDT
[#14]
wow im pissed , they changed a lot of stats , many stats are wrong on the new ship matrix is what i heard in spectrum . What a mess...  if this is correct I'm going to melt a lot of stuff. 

New Stats put in a table . 

Table veiw
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 9:58:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
wow im pissed , they changed a lot of stats , many stats are wrong on the new ship matrix is what i heard in spectrum . What a mess...  if this is correct I'm going to melt a lot of stuff. 

Table veiw
View Quote
Beta is when the balancing happens, not alpha...

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 11:12:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Table veiw

Kharn
Meh.  So many of the stats were made up before they knew what a size four weapon really was, or what cargo loading would look like.

I don't see this as balance as much as it is making the ships match reality.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 5:07:24 PM EDT
[#17]
For those that didn't see some parts of the whole event:

STAR CITIZEN: CitizenCon 2947 -- Chris Roberts' Opening Address

Star Citizen: Meet the Consolidated Outland Pioneer

Star Citizen: Meet the Sabre Raven

That opening was pretty cool. Currently watching the keynote address and there is a good bit of cool stuff happening. Much better than last year.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 5:50:41 PM EDT
[#18]
HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 6:06:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Watched almost all the stream today after class.  The way I see it:

Pros:
This was the best run CitizenCon ever.  No debating that.  The expanded time, information, personalities, etc were just so much better than all the others before.
The tech, including graphics, procedural everything, and the tools they showed, were jaw-dropping as always.  If nothing else, SC will have an engine you can come very close to creating "Ready Player One" in. It's fucking impressive as hell. And it's only going to get better.
The Pioneer is something I'm very glad is in the game, but have zero interest in owning. Can't wait to raid someone's drug lab like space DEA though.
I kinda want a Raven but I'm not buying a $400 SSD to get it, even if it comes with a $200-ish ship.

Cons:
Holy fuck where is the god-damned gameplay elements? You just took an hour to show me a Corusant-esque Arc-Corp, flew to orbit to a relay station, then took an 8 minute long quantum-travel to Hurston, where you flew and walked around giving me a tour.  You couldn't, I don't know, PICK UP A FUCKING BOX AND GIVE ME A SNIPPET OF THE CARGO HANDLING SYSTEM? Am I that far off base here?  Isn't cargo supposed to be in 3.1 or .2? Instead we saw a Nox do an orbital drop and some land jelly fish.  Huzz-fucking-ah.

This is why I considered not watching it.  I'm salty as fuck at the moment and have been for months. It's why unsubscribed from their youtube, twitter, facebook, IG, etc and am still trying to get rid of all the other shit I see on various platforms.

I'm a Kickstarter/concierge-level backer. My citizen number is around 88k.  I know that if anyone can do it, CR and CIG can.  I know it takes a long time to develop this shit.  I'm supremely happy they had this stuff to show, because I honestly thought we'd get nothing but 3.0 redux #1890823457.

Just...fuck.
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 6:42:09 AM EDT
[#20]
I gotta admit, the Consolodated Outland presentation had me going. That was awesome.

Wondering what sort of land claim comes with that ship?
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 6:02:19 PM EDT
[#21]
The Mustang redo to match the new Consolidated Outland style guide looks freaking awesome as well.  Really similar, but a lot more aggressive and streamlined.

Link Posted: 10/28/2017 10:45:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Pros:
This was the best run CitizenCon ever.  No debating that.  The expanded time, information, personalities, etc were just so much better than all the others before.
The tech, including graphics, procedural everything, and the tools they showed, were jaw-dropping as always.  If nothing else, SC will have an engine you can come very close to creating "Ready Player One" in. It's fucking impressive as hell. And it's only going to get better.
The Pioneer is something I'm very glad is in the game, but have zero interest in owning. Can't wait to raid someone's drug lab like space DEA though.
I kinda want a Raven but I'm not buying a $400 SSD to get it, even if it comes with a $200-ish ship.

Cons:
Holy fuck where is the god-damned gameplay elements? You just took an hour to show me a Corusant-esque Arc-Corp, flew to orbit to a relay station, then took an 8 minute long quantum-travel to Hurston, where you flew and walked around giving me a tour.  You couldn't, I don't know, PICK UP A FUCKING BOX AND GIVE ME A SNIPPET OF THE CARGO HANDLING SYSTEM? Am I that far off base here?  Isn't cargo supposed to be in 3.1 or .2? Instead we saw a Nox do an orbital drop and some land jelly fish.  Huzz-fucking-ah.

This is why I considered not watching it.  I'm salty as fuck at the moment and have been for months. It's why unsubscribed from their youtube, twitter, facebook, IG, etc and am still trying to get rid of all the other shit I see on various platforms.

I'm a Kickstarter/concierge-level backer. My citizen number is around 88k.  I know that if anyone can do it, CR and CIG can.  I know it takes a long time to develop this shit.  I'm supremely happy they had this stuff to show, because I honestly thought we'd get nothing but 3.0 redux #1890823457.

Just...fuck.
View Quote
Cargo is already in 3.0 and they've had an ATV episode dedicated to it. Why waste valuable presentation time showing you something that you'll be able to play with to your heart's content in 2-3 weeks? I admit I wanted to see mining or salvage though. Procedural cities offset that disappointment for me though. 
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 12:35:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Cargo is already in 3.0 and they've had an ATV episode dedicated to it. Why waste valuable presentation time showing you something that you'll be able to play with to your heart's content in 2-3 weeks? I admit I wanted to see mining or salvage though. Procedural cities offset that disappointment for me though. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pros:

Cons:

Just...fuck.
From my understanding cargo is fucked in 3.0 atm and in there in name only, but your point is noted and valid. As I said, I’ve unsubscribed from all things CIG so I didn’t see that ATV. And 2-3 weeks is laughable if the avocado interviews are to be believed, but who the fuck knows.

The procedural cities and everything else they showed technology wise was impressive as hell, as I said they always are.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 4:17:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pros:

Cons:

Just...fuck.
You must be reading different avocado leaks than I am, the leaks I saw said PTU possibly by Christmas. But who knows, that might just be some tard LARPing.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 5:43:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 8:13:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 9:45:26 AM EDT
[#27]
All I want for Christmas is 3.0.

I just bought a house and now that I have so much room for activities I want to build a simpit.  I have a full 1800 sqft unfinished basement to play with  and over half will be dedicated to my workshop.  The other half will be a pool room/game room/bar/hangout spot/man cave.

I'm thinking warthog HOTAS between the knees with extension.  The seat will be an old car seat and I will cut a notch out of the front to set the HOTAS base into.  I'm thinking logitech gamepad keyboard thing on left side behind the throttle and raised up a little and mouse on a platform on the right side.  

Any thought on how I should construct this?  Materials?  It would be nice if it was able to come apart in several manageable pieces to make it easy to move.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 10:13:03 AM EDT
[#28]
The more readily it comes apart, the less stable it is.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 10:31:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

snip...
View Quote
Per the production report this week, they solved 61 bugs, while adding 25 more. Putting the current blocker amount status at 82 bugs, 269 tasks and one feature request.

I wouldn't hold my breath.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 4:49:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I just bought a house and now that I have so much room for activities I want to build a simpit.  I have a full 1800 sqft unfinished basement to play with  and over half will be dedicated to my workshop.  The other half will be a pool room/game room/bar/hangout spot/man cave.

I'm thinking warthog HOTAS between the knees with extension.  The seat will be an old car seat and I will cut a notch out of the front to set the HOTAS base into.  I'm thinking logitech gamepad keyboard thing on left side behind the throttle and raised up a little and mouse on a platform on the right side.  

Any thought on how I should construct this?  Materials?  It would be nice if it was able to come apart in several manageable pieces to make it easy to move.
View Quote
@RaptorFuel

Check out the Sim Pit forum on the RSI site.  They have many prebuilt and homemade solutions.  It's a great place to get the info you want.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 5:08:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Seems like a reasonably decent idea.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 11:01:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Apparently they've been implementing some of their netcode changes and are up to 60 players in a server with 30FPS. That will probably be a fair bit better by the time 3.0 hits the PTU.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 11:58:08 PM EDT
[#33]
That is some good news.

Btw, who would be a good person to pick their brain over a PC build?  I'm needing something capable of editing 4k video and the like, but running SC well is a bonus.  So far I'm looking at:

AMD Ryzen 7 1700
16 or 32gb ram
Samsung 850 PRO SSD for OS and certain high draw/use programs like Photoshop, Lightroom, Davinci Resolve, and SC.
7200rpm WD Caviar Red 4tb internal
??? On graphics card
USB 3.0 and C connections

Mini or full tower works, but mini format would be preferred.  

I already have a Corsair 650w Bronze + PSU and AMD R9 290 card, but I know that's outdated and will suicide on 4k. Trying to stay $1200 or less, as I have to allow $4-500 for a 4k display as well.  Kinda hard to edit 4k video and 46mp stills if the display can't show it properly and all.
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 4:24:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Apparently they've been implementing some of their netcode changes and are up to 60 players in a server with 30FPS. That will probably be a fair bit better by the time 3.0 hits the PTU.
View Quote
Apparently there have been even further framerate improvements
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 8:17:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Anniversary sale, JIC any of you still have a penny left to your name or something or somebody to sell....

Hello Citizens,

We are pleased to present the schedule for the 2947 Star Citizen Anniversary Special.

Throughout the special we'll have fun activities, bring back some of your favorite ships, and include a couple of new ones.

Tune in for our daily AtV videos at 12:00 PM Pacific where we'll highlight a different manufacturer each day, kicking off a new sale.

November 24th  Anvil Aerospace
November 25th  Aegis Dynamics
November 26th  Ground Vehicles and Alien Ships
November 27th  Origin Jumpworks
November 28th  Consolidated Outland
November 29th  Roberts Space Industries
November 30th  MISC (Musashi Industrial & Starflight Concern)
December 1st  Drake Interplanetary
December 2nd-4th  All Manufacturers On Sale
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 2:51:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
That is some good news.

Btw, who would be a good person to pick their brain over a PC build?  I'm needing something capable of editing 4k video and the like, but running SC well is a bonus.  So far I'm looking at:

AMD Ryzen 7 1700
16 or 32gb ram
Samsung 850 PRO SSD for OS and certain high draw/use programs like Photoshop, Lightroom, Davinci Resolve, and SC.
7200rpm WD Caviar Red 4tb internal
??? On graphics card
USB 3.0 and C connections

Mini or full tower works, but mini format would be preferred.  

I already have a Corsair 650w Bronze + PSU and AMD R9 290 card, but I know that's outdated and will suicide on 4k. Trying to stay $1200 or less, as I have to allow $4-500 for a 4k display as well.  Kinda hard to edit 4k video and 46mp stills if the display can't show it properly and all.
View Quote
You can do what you're looking for on a microtower, you just need to pick the right parts.

FWIW, if you're looking for an SSD for high draw/use programs, don't do an 850 Pro, do a 960 Pro on your motherboard's M.2 socket unless your budget can't handle it. For moving large files, it's like having six 850 Pros RAIDed together.
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 3:07:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You can do what you're looking for on a microtower, you just need to pick the right parts.

FWIW, if you're looking for an SSD for high draw/use programs, don't do an 850 Pro, do a 960 Pro on your motherboard's M.2 socket unless your budget can't handle it. For moving large files, it's like having six 850 Pros RAIDed together.
View Quote
I'm way behind on tech, so advice is good.
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 4:58:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Personally, for 4K editing and fulfilling your requirements, and operating off the intent to do a microtower (i.e. something barely larger than an Xbox One or PS4 Pro), I'd start here (aware it's above your budget) and then start downgrading components or filling them with your existing hardware as needed till you get within your budget: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3Kpsqk

The CPU price will come down from what's on there, they're just high because availability is terrible at the moment as demand is outstripping supply by a good bit since it just launched. 6 cores with hyperthreading will do better at video editing than 8 cores, so unless you're just an AMD fan (and that's fine), I'd think about doing a Coffee Lake i7 instead. If I were buying for me, that's the route I'd go.

HGST's Deskstars are both very fast and going by Backblaze's data have significantly higher heavy-use reliability than Seagate and WD's offerings (despite being a WD subsidiary now). I'd get one of those over a Caviar, personally. For a bit more a BarraCuda Pro (PRO, not the consumer grade model) is a good option that is faster and very quiet, albeit at a more premium price.

Your existing Corsair PSU should do just fine, but the Silverstone is nice upgrade option if you want a newer or higher rated PSU that will fit inside the smallest of cases and is very quiet (work sucks with a noisy PC). The 500W model from the same lineup is a tad cheaper and will still run the PC fine.

The Intel cooler is not actually Intel, it's an Asetek 550LC with Intel branding slapped on it. Alternately, you can use a Corsair H50 which is also a rebranded 550LC. I'm a big fan of the 550LC in tiny builds as it cools well enough even for a high overclock (or for an Intel CPU to basically be turboboosting itself constantly even if not overclocked), is very durable, and yet its footprint fits inside a tiny PC without issue. It's loved by system builders (yours truly included) as it's maintenance free, good performance, and it's pretty bulletproof. Ideally I don't want business customers sending back machines for warranty service. Using something high reliability for a wear part helps.

1060 might be cutting it a little close depending how fast you want to go with editing and gaming, but I think it should do it for the bitrate you're working at. If it doesn't cut it, a 1070 definitely would, or you could always upgrade later as budget allows.
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 5:25:57 PM EDT
[#39]
I priced out 4K sRGB IPS displays and I'll definately have to wait on 4K. There isn't a budget for $5-800 on a monitor right now.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 5:19:41 AM EDT
[#40]
So I came across a screaming deal and as much as I'd prefer to build, you can't beat a $1600 prebuilt Dell gaming PC for $1100.  16gb ram, 1tb HD, 256gb SSD, Ryzen 7 1800x, 8gb AMD 580 (1060 equivalent) etc.

Pretty much all I'll need to do is drop in a bit more ram and HD space.  Depending on PSU voltage, maybe another 580 but that's doubtful.  Going to run it first and see how things go.  I'll likely just sell the current tower after resetting it for $400 or so.  Recoup 1/3 of the PC in one go.

Official Best Buy ebay store, but they have it on their regular site too.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/202027414564
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-inspiron-desktop-amd-ryzen-7-1800x-16gb-memory-amd-radeon-rx-580-1tb-hard-drive-256gb-solid-state-drive-recon-blue/5948610.p
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 7:00:35 PM EDT
[#41]
New concept ship is called the Anvil Hawk. Also, there will be some Idris-p and Javelins sold during the sale. Last new bit of info is that CIG is aiming for a PTU release before Dec 20th.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 7:14:01 PM EDT
[#42]
There is at least one more concept ship as well.
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 12:30:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 12:58:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Wow. Unexpected
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 1:20:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Perfect timing. I literally spent the last two days cloning my HHD to a new SSD. Now I get to spend the day visiting family while desperately wanting to get home to play test 3.0

EDIT: Just a heads up, if you're a subscriber/concierge log into the game. I haven't received an email but still got access to new PTU download.
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 2:02:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Just got my email. Will download overnight
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 6:35:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Got mine as well, being a whale has its perks.

Kharn
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 2:05:14 PM EDT
[#48]
I don't have an invite yet. WHERE THE FUCK IS MY CONCIERGE PRIVILEGE CHRIS?!

Link Posted: 11/23/2017 2:12:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I don't have an invite yet. WHERE THE FUCK IS MY CONCIERGE PRIVILEGE CHRIS?!

View Quote
Concierge comes after 1st wave.

Don't like it?  Do some actual testing and file results with the Issue Council.

I haven't played in months, and haven't spent more than $200, yet I'm consistently in the first wave.

Downloading as we speak...
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 2:27:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Hmph, here's the delta patcher.  I've throttled my download so I can still use the Internet.  I notice there's no indication of actual speed.

Nice music in the launcher.  I had to turn it down, though.
Page / 174
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top