BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Diablo 3 Official Thread (Page 3 of 32)
Page / 32
Link Posted: 5/8/2012 2:05:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By TxLewis:
have they ever made a patch so i can play D2 on windows 7 64 bit?

TXL

It can be done.  I'm not at home though.  If no one else has provided a link, I'll try to find it tonight.
Link Posted: 5/8/2012 4:24:17 PM EDT
[#2]

TXL

I downloaded my D2 from battle net online and am playing it with no problems on Win 7 Pro, 64 bit.

Prep
Link Posted: 5/8/2012 4:50:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: keroppl] [#3]

TXL

All versions work in win7 64bit. Though some might require a no cd patch.

Even 1.00

Link Posted: 5/11/2012 2:47:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Do games release timezone specific?  In other words, will the game unlock right at midnight on Tues morning for us in the Central US timezone or will it be a different time?
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 3:15:17 PM EDT
[#5]
12pm pacific
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 3:22:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By keroppl:
12pm pacific

Well fuck.  Looks like I'll have an hour or two to play when it releases before I gotta hit the rack for work.
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 6:03:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, 45 hours to go now.  I suppose this can be our thread for the game once it comes out, too.

Anyone that's pre-ordered and will be playing at launch, what's your first character going to be?

Also, be sure to check out this animated short that Blizz put out.
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 7:18:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I was going to go Demon Hunter, but now after some research I think Wizard for my first class and for inferno farming.
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 12:06:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Going Barbarian.  I downed Leoric a little too easy with that toon.  I forsee some serious OP with that class and might as well get the most out of it before blizz changes it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 12:20:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Probably monk or wizard. Had an easier time with the monk. Hoping for a pally in the expansion.
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 4:21:01 PM EDT
[#11]
stuck on travel for 2 weeks more... trying to decide if I should by a new laptop to play on low on

anyone play the beta with a latop with a intel 3000 or amd 6380 g graphics?
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 4:29:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Orion_Shall_Rise:
stuck on travel for 2 weeks more... trying to decide if I should by a new laptop to play on low on

anyone play the beta with a latop with a intel 3000 or amd 6380 g graphics?

I played on an AMD A6 with an AMD HD 6520G.  Game ran fine.  From what I can tell is if you can run StartCraft 2, you should be able run this game.
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 9:37:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Probably Barbarian or Demon Hunter.
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 9:00:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: oh6shinka] [#14]
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 9:06:32 AM EDT
[#15]

TXL

Even 1.00

I have win7 64 bit.

My version does not work.  A google of the issue shows lots of people have problems.
Getting to the starting screen is no issue, playing it without it locking up is the prob.

TXL
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 11:03:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: keroppl] [#16]

TXL

Even 1.00

I have win7 64 bit.

My version does not work.  A google of the issue shows lots of people have problems.

Getting to the starting screen is no issue, playing it without it locking up is the prob.

TXL

I can't say I've ever run into that. I'm just plagued with some sort of memory leak that makes my game run slower and slower over time. Restarting the game fixes it for a while. Version doesn't matter.

Oh, and I'll be rolling a monk. Friends are rolling a barb and a wizard I think.
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 12:53:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Will be rolling all the characters since I will be playing with a bunch of different groups of people.

Main will probably be Barb to start.
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 2:03:20 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm ready,

although i have to work tonight i think I'm gonna come home and play after i sleep.

Link Posted: 5/14/2012 3:38:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Already installing the game, 15+ gig install.  Will be up at 3am east coast time when the server go live.  I have tomorrow off so I will be jamming a good 12 hour plus marathon!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 3:47:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By RabidMonkeyPox:
Already installing the game, 15+ gig install.  Will be up at 3am east coast time when the server go live.  I have tomorrow off so I will be jamming a good 12 hour plus marathon!!!!!!

I have 10 hours of EMT class tomorrow, I work 20 hours this weekend, and have my national registry test for EMT next week.  Fuck.
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 6:02:45 PM EDT
[#21]
will be installing it when i get home.

i want to play witch doctor.
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 6:06:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Amazon just shipped my CE, will be here tomrrow...cant wait.
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 6:57:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Installing now.
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 7:31:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LGK] [#24]
Let the whining begin.

Preemptive strikes.

1. This suck I can't get on.

2. I can't play single player.

3. It keep dropping me out of the server.

4. Fix the server Blizzard!

5. WTF?

6. etc.

Good luck guys and make sure you take your pills. God forbid you have a heart attack trying to get onto the server!

Link Posted: 5/14/2012 7:39:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By LGK:
Let the whining begin.

Preemptive strikes.

5. WTF?
6. etc.

Good luck guys and make sure you take your pills. God forbid you have a heart attack trying to get onto the server!

Everything will be fine.  

Link Posted: 5/14/2012 9:10:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By LGK:
Let the whining begin.

Preemptive strikes.

5. WTF?
6. etc.

Everything will be fine.  

Was said of every single blizzard game released.

And everyone wasn't alright.

It will be chaos on a massive scale.  Diablo has one of the largest fanbase around the world, and yeah, it's going to be a huge launch.  I would even go as far to say it could possibly even be larger than the original WoW launch....and we all know how they went.

We've come a long way with technology, but I still don't think blizzard is shelling out enough cash to not have problems on launch day hour zero.  I remember when the beta opened up for everyone....servers went down several times immediately, and throughout the weekend.

I'd say don't get your hopes up.  If it works, fuck yeah, awesome.  If it doesn't....well, it's blizzard for one, but it's also a brand new launch of a highly anticipated and sought after title.  Millions upon millions will be hitting enter on the password screen to enter into Diablo 3 as soon as the servers go live.....I'm like a master of all things, I am like god mode, super charged boss on crack, and even I would die if that many people hit me at the same time =P.

Anyways, as always: expect the worse, hope for the best.  Wait, scratch that, expect the worse, go to bed. lol.
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 9:51:49 PM EDT
[#27]
I just hope it'll run on my old 9400 GT
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 10:03:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Thorgrim:

You didn't try during the open beta weekend thing they had?  >_< ouch!

I'm sure it will run.  It's not like it's an uber graphics awesome game.  It's still a "isometric" type game.  While it's entirely 3D and the graphics are awesome, they aren't going to be intensive as say, skyrim or bf3?

I can't say it will run maxed out, but I'm fairly confident it will run on a 9400GT.  Like I said, while it has some badass graphics, for the type of game it is, it won't have such a performance drop as something like skyrim or bf3.  IDK how to explain it lol.

Let me know when you try, I really want to know now what it can and can't handle.
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 10:31:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By jatobi:
Originally Posted By Thorgrim:

You didn't try during the open beta weekend thing they had?  >_< ouch!

I'm sure it will run.  It's not like it's an uber graphics awesome game.  It's still a "isometric" type game.  While it's entirely 3D and the graphics are awesome, they aren't going to be intensive as say, skyrim or bf3?

I can't say it will run maxed out, but I'm fairly confident it will run on a 9400GT.  Like I said, while it has some badass graphics, for the type of game it is, it won't have such a performance drop as something like skyrim or bf3.  IDK how to explain it lol.

Let me know when you try, I really want to know now what it can and can't handle.

Blizzard has always tended to keep the requirements low in their games, the more ghetto a rig is that can play their games, the more money they can make...

Now, i saw that in the CE they included buddy passes to play a free version, max level 13 to skele king just like beta...perhaps can get hands on one of those firat to see how it will run
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 10:44:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Thanks for the sticky
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 10:49:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MauserMark] [#31]
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 10:54:25 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm very disappoint they didn't allow a single player campaign mode available offline. I've been playing and re-playing D2 and it just makes me sad I cant play D3.
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 11:09:59 PM EDT
[#33]
If they're giving buddy keys out, someone send me one.  Won't be able to get it anytime soon, need to get my fix of D3 somehow.
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 11:12:10 PM EDT
[#34]
For those of you that preordered and preloaded DIII, have you gotten a CD key yet?

I haven't, and when I check my order status it says "queued."
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 11:16:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By unseenSNIPER:
For those of you that preordered and preloaded DIII, have you gotten a CD key yet?

Hmm, don't know, last time I pre-ordered something from Blizz, It was Cata for WoW, and I got it from a store >_<.  That doesn't sound right, but I wouldn't worry.  Has the money come out for the pre-order yet?  If so, I wouldn't worry, it says queued.  You'll find out in what, 3 more hours?  Are they doing 12am PST?
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 11:25:35 PM EDT
[#36]

Might not need a key if you are logging into it with your bnet account...
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 11:27:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Calestus:

Might not need a key if you are logging into it with your bnet account...

This is true.  I think with the new bnet stuff you enter it on there and that's it.  I don't recall having to enter any serials when I bought SC2 when it came out, bought it through their site, it went right onto the account and I started playing.  I totally forgot about that.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 12:10:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Towely] [#38]
It's installing.

The game is connected to your BattleNet account.  Said something about going on to my account and activating it there before it would let me install.  I just logged on to my account and poked around a bit trying to figure out how to activate it.  Next thing I know it's installing.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 12:23:59 AM EDT
[#39]
installing now here too!
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 12:27:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Cocktease!

They'll let you pre-install but the game doesn't unlock till 12:01pacific.  Kind of figured but just so you guys know, pre-install now so you don't have to wait.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 12:30:07 AM EDT
[#41]
I wont get to play til early the 16th....so I officially hate all of you and demand no fun be had until I can play.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 12:31:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Moochin:
I wont get to play til early the 16th....so I officially hate all of you and demand no fun be had until I can play.

I'm pretty sick and have 10 hours of class tomorrow that I'll be tired as fuck and miserable for.  Feel any better?
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 12:41:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Moochin:

actually, i have to sit jury duty in the morning before I get to play.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 1:40:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Just activated my CE key on my account.

Shit just got real
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 3:04:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Can't log in.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 3:10:07 AM EDT
[#46]
There are a shit ton people trying to create character at the same time and it is backlogging the system, timing out at the character screen.  Darns.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 3:10:50 AM EDT
[#47]
There are a shit ton people trying to create character at the same time and it is backlogging the system, timing out at the character screen.  Darns.

This is what happens when u release a game at the same exact time instead of midnight each timezone.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 3:11:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Towely:

This is what happens when u release a game at the same exact time instead of midnight each timezone.

Yup, mostly west coast players clogging up, not too many are getting up at 3 am on east coast, but I am normally up at this time anyway
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 3:14:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Towely] [#49]
Stuck on "retrieving hero list" at the moment.  Error message eminent.

edit: Holy shit, I'm in.

edit2: That didn't last long.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 3:21:02 AM EDT
[#50]
This is absolute horseshit.

I just want to fucking play my SINGLE PLAYER game right now and I can't because too many neckbeards are busy trying to do the same thing
Page / 32
Diablo 3 Official Thread (Page 3 of 32)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top