Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2012 9:22:03 PM EDT
Anybody try it?

I never played the Shogun 2, but I am enjoying this.

I prefer the interface to Empire Total War.

Now that this has been released, I am anticipating an announcement on what the next game will be..
Link Posted: 3/25/2012 7:36:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Haven't played that DLC but i've played the piss out of shogun2. A lot of multiplayer.
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 5:26:42 PM EDT
[#2]
There is a clan called Obama I may or may not have gone out of my way to wipe them out
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 6:05:37 PM EDT
[#3]
A friend of mine loves the whole Total War series.  

I want to play them, especially the Shogun 2 ones.  I downloaded the demo from steam.  Got my ass handed to me!  Me and RTS just do not get along!  Made me Sad cause the game just seems so deep and interesting.  But I know it will frustrate the bejeezus out of me.
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 8:09:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
A friend of mine loves the whole Total War series.  

I want to play them, especially the Shogun 2 ones.  I downloaded the demo from steam.  Got my ass handed to me!  Me and RTS just do not get along!  Made me Sad cause the game just seems so deep and interesting.  But I know it will frustrate the bejeezus out of me.

It just takes practice.
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 8:26:48 AM EDT
[#5]
The economy (I thought) was easier in Empire to understand.

This...well, not so much.

Link Posted: 3/27/2012 10:45:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Mother of God.

I was playing as Tosa, and I get my ass literally handed to me cause my opponent uses swords vs firearms.  

My troops route within a matter of minutes fighting.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 1:32:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Mother of God.

I was playing as Tosa, and I get my ass literally handed to me cause my opponent uses swords vs firearms.  

Firearm use in Shogun is tricky.  They have to be placed right and be supported by melee troops of some kind.
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 1:37:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mother of God.

Firearm use in Shogun is tricky.  They have to be placed right and be supported by melee troops of some kind.

I am used to Empire.  This is new.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 7:25:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Get kneel fire and watch your puny line infantry use god mode
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 7:26:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Takes awhile to get it.

Does every line do the ability?  Or only the first 2?
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 11:06:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Takes awhile to get it.

Does every line do the ability?  Or only the first 2?

first two but add suppression fire and your golden.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 2:49:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Oh. My. God.

I don't have the game, but I just started playing Avatar Conquest online in Shogun II.

Imagine my surprise when I come up against an army with muskets.
I noticed their unit names and I was like 'WTF... I don't know these units!'

I got my mainly ashigaru army's ass handed to me with superior units. Couldn't even get close to them before my unit broke!

Needless to say, I wasn't expecting integration between the old game and the new one.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 6:08:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Oh. My. God.

I don't have the game, but I just started playing Avatar Conquest online in Shogun II.

I got my mainly ashigaru army's ass handed to me with superior units. Couldn't even get close to them before my unit broke!

Needless to say, I wasn't expecting integration between the old game and the new one.

There is an achievement if you beat a fall of the samurai with a vanilla shogun or rise of the samurai army.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 6:51:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh. My. God.

There is an achievement if you beat a fall of the samurai with a vanilla shogun or rise of the samurai army.

I will say, that would be one of my most treasured achievement if I could do it!
Link Posted: 4/12/2012 10:32:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Playing a second game..

And.. holy shit.

The Foreign Units / Ninjas / Geichas are way overpowered.

Had a unit steal half my guys, and then they came in and took over the city like there was no army.

My opponent had 4 surrounding my city and every time I used a foreign agent in trying to kill them, it would either not work or they would persuade him to join their side.

Link Posted: 4/14/2012 7:15:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Playing a second game..

And.. holy shit.

The Foreign Units / Ninjas / Geichas are way overpowered.

Had a unit steal half my guys, and then they came in and took over the city like there was no army.

My opponent had 4 surrounding my city and every time I used a foreign agent in trying to kill them, it would either not work or they would persuade him to join their side.

I guess you just aren't a persuasive leader.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top