BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 77
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 12:07:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By r_spivey:
I don't know if this has come up in the thread yet, but this is cool as shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t58WCSn5lNI
View Quote

You game too?

Officially in love with you.
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 3:35:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I hadn't played Skyrim in a long time. I started noticing NPCs voices were out of synch with their lips. Did a search and apparently it's a pretty common problem with many players since the last patch... from over five months ago, AND THEY STILL haven't fixed it?! WTH?!
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 7:12:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Alien:
I hadn't played Skyrim in a long time. I started noticing NPCs voices were out of synch with their lips. Did a search and apparently it's a pretty common problem with many players since the last patch... from over five months ago, AND THEY STILL haven't fixed it?! WTH?!
View Quote

Yeah, the last patch broke the shit out of facial expressions. No fix for it so far, though apparently Bethsoft knows they broke it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 4:30:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By MVolkJ:

Yeah, the last patch broke the shit out of facial expressions. No fix for it so far, though apparently Bethsoft knows they broke it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I was completely psyched for a new Skyrim playthrough with the expansions now that I have them. Now I'm not so sure until it gets fixed.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 10:49:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By XCRmonger:

You game too?

View All Quotes

You game too?

Skyrim is my favorite game ever. And you're pretty cute yourself.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 3:19:20 PM EDT
[#6]

View All Quotes

I absorbed a half dead dragon's soul last night and finished the fight with a frost breathing skeleton.  I think they broke for than facial expressions.

It was the one beside the Dagon shrine.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 3:28:47 PM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes

You game too?

I'm going to buy us a nice house and you can have your own xbox room
Link Posted: 11/18/2013 12:04:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Thread resurrection!!!

Any easy way to find a Legendary Dragon? Trying to find one to get that Trophy. Been wandering around hitting all the usual dragron spawn spots with no luck.
Link Posted: 11/18/2013 4:04:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By JCWIU:
Thread resurrection!!!

Any easy way to find a Legendary Dragon? Trying to find one to get that Trophy. Been wandering around hitting all the usual dragron spawn spots with no luck.
View Quote

Dragon type is determined by your character level.  To have any legendary dragons spawn you have to be at level 80 or above.  Once I hit that point, about 1/3rd of the dragons I saw were legendary class.  You can go to a dragon lair, or they just fly around too.
Link Posted: 11/18/2013 5:53:16 PM EDT
[#10]
So it's been two years since Skyrim came out as of a week ago. It's too bad they went forward with the Elder Scrolls Online game instead of say Fallout Online. It's not like we don't have enough fantasy MMORPG games out there. I might give it a shot, but I don't think it's going to be successful.

Either way, I'm sure Bethesda is hard at work on a kick ass Fallout 4 game, but I think it's going to be another 2-3 years before we see anymore real ES games.
Link Posted: 11/18/2013 6:05:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: geekz0r] [#11]
Originally Posted By duhflushtech:

Dragon type is determined by your character level.  To have any legendary dragons spawn you have to be at level 80 or above.  Once I hit that point, about 1/3rd of the dragons I saw were legendary class.  You can go to a dragon lair, or they just fly around too.
View All Quotes
Thread resurrection!!!

woo i have a while before i see one then.  i restarted the game after 6 months to get myself a better character, and cos I originally pissed away my chance for Shadowmere. (I'm tired of horses that die every time I zone in and a dragon pops up and kills it!)  I think I'm in my mid 30s still or low 40s.  I'll have to look when I play next.

so far it's a lot better.  i've worked on sneak & archery primarily and now that both are tapped out i'll focus on some other skills.  not sure which to pick yet...  i'm manually working on smithing (no perks, just saving up leathers to craft with).  Not sure if I want to spend perks on smithing or enchanting or perhaps locks  or start working on picking pockets.

I think I'll wait on that anyway until I finish the dark brotherhood quests.  I have the Gourmet up next, unless I do other things first. (already tapped out on the assassination side jobs)

hah... still haven't done the Diplomatic Immunity quest yet.
Link Posted: 11/18/2013 7:49:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By geekz0r:

woo i have a while before i see one then.  i restarted the game after 6 months to get myself a better character, and cos I originally pissed away my chance for Shadowmere. (I'm tired of horses that die every time I zone in and a dragon pops up and kills it!)  I think I'm in my mid 30s still or low 40s.  I'll have to look when I play next.

so far it's a lot better.  i've worked on sneak & archery primarily and now that both are tapped out i'll focus on some other skills.  not sure which to pick yet...  i'm manually working on smithing (no perks, just saving up leathers to craft with).  Not sure if I want to spend perks on smithing or enchanting or perhaps locks  or start working on picking pockets.

I think I'll wait on that anyway until I finish the dark brotherhood quests.  I have the Gourmet up next, unless I do other things first. (already tapped out on the assassination side jobs)

View All Quotes
Thread resurrection!!!

One thing to note that I didn't figure out until recently (I still play occasionally) is that you can make skills legendary as many times as you'd like.  So skills that you use a lot can be made legendary as often as you can level them up.  Block in particular is probably the most broken skill that you can exploit to level up quickly - have a good stock of health potions handy and wear equipment that is enchanted to up your block skill, find a bunch of hostiles, and just hold your shield up and let them beat on you.  If you have high enough armored and enchanted equipment you won't even loose any health and can literally sit there all day farming the leveling system.  Lockpicking and smithing are two more that can up your level pretty quickly.

Or if you are on PC you can just say fuck it and use console commands to bring your level up that high.  I never have done that, but if you are just tired of grinding it's an option.
Link Posted: 11/18/2013 9:19:24 PM EDT
[#13]

One thing to note that I didn't figure out until recently (I still play occasionally) is that you can make skills legendary as many times as you'd like.  So skills that you use a lot can be made legendary as often as you can level them up.  Block in particular is probably the most broken skill that you can exploit to level up quickly - have a good stock of health potions handy and wear equipment that is enchanted to up your block skill, find a bunch of hostiles, and just hold your shield up and let them beat on you.  If you have high enough armored and enchanted equipment you won't even loose any health and can literally sit there all day farming the leveling system.  Lockpicking and smithing are two more that can up your level pretty quickly.

Or if you are on PC you can just say fuck it and use console commands to bring your level up that high.  I never have done that, but if you are just tired of grinding it's an option.
View All Quotes
Thread resurrection!!!

I know they fixed the main glitch with the oracum infanitum book, but you can still get triple use out of it if you hit the two shoulder buttons and the action button simultaneously. So you can improve skills by 15 not 5.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2013 1:37:52 AM EDT
[#14]
shhhh no tears only dreams

Link Posted: 11/26/2013 2:50:02 PM EDT
[#15]
So it's been two years since Skyrim came out as of a week ago. It's too bad they went forward with the Elder Scrolls Online game instead of say Fallout Online. It's not like we don't have enough fantasy MMORPG games out there. I might give it a shot, but I don't think it's going to be successful.

Either way, I'm sure Bethesda is hard at work on a kick ass Fallout 4 game, but I think it's going to be another 2-3 years before we see anymore real ES games.
View Quote

I would love to see a Fallout MMORPG; that's probably the best idea I've ever heard of. Cookie to you.

I was under the impression that Skyrim was the last ES game, other than ESO - I'm probably wrong though.
Link Posted: 11/26/2013 3:06:42 PM EDT
[#16]

I would love to see a Fallout MMORPG; that's probably the best idea I've ever heard of. Cookie to you.

I was under the impression that Skyrim was the last ES game, other than ESO - I'm probably wrong though.
View All Quotes

Haven't heard anything like that, and they sure would make a lot of money off another ES game.
Link Posted: 11/26/2013 5:32:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Frankly, i'd like to see then revamp the other Elderscrolls games for the skyrim engine.
Link Posted: 11/26/2013 6:37:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Vitamin_G:
Frankly, i'd like to see then revamp the other Elderscrolls games for the skyrim engine.
View Quote

I think they said they planned to make at least two games with their modded GameBryo engine (Creation engine). I'm guessing the second is Fallout 4. The Creation Engine looks good enough. Skyrim looks breathtaking on the PC at 1080p or better with everything cranked up and an ENB injector running, but honestly it is not without its share of quirks and idiosyncrasies and I can't help but think their sandbox games wouldn't be better off on a new engine.
Link Posted: 11/26/2013 8:08:47 PM EDT
[#19]

I think they said they planned to make at least two games with their modded GameBryo engine (Creation engine). I'm guessing the second is Fallout 4. The Creation Engine looks good enough. Skyrim looks breathtaking on the PC at 1080p or better with everything cranked up and an ENB injector running, but honestly it is not without its share of quirks and idiosyncrasies and I can't help but think their sandbox games wouldn't be better off on a new engine.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Vitamin_G:

I can't wait for some 1080p PS4 goodness
Link Posted: 11/26/2013 9:30:39 PM EDT
[#20]
I want morrorwind!  
Link Posted: 12/16/2013 10:28:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Just started a new character on my new computer - Ultra High Graphics - HOLY COW!
Link Posted: 12/19/2013 1:27:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Ciraxis:
I want morrorwind!  
View Quote

Id like to download a complete scale size Morrowind mod for Skyrim, with all the towns, caves, etc...everything that is supposed to be there at the present time for the Skyrim game.  No cliff racers though...
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 4:04:12 AM EDT
[#23]
had the itch to play skyrim again
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 5:35:41 AM EDT
[#24]
I just got a new graphics card.  Now I can play Skyrim the way I want to play with massive mods.  

Whats you graphics mods setups?  I want to make my new 780 cry.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 9:54:43 PM EDT
[#25]

Originally Posted By RaptorFuel:

I just got a new graphics card.  Now I can play Skyrim the way I want to play with massive mods.  

View Quote

Whats you graphics mods setups?  I want to make my new 780 cry.

Little late, but the recommended mod list on the RealVision ENB page is a pretty solid list.

I'd highly recommend using Mod Organizer, it makes it safer and easier to experiment with mods and change the installed order. Definitely use BOSS or LOOT to set the load order for you, saves a lot of headaches (just make sure you point Mod Organizer to the exe for whichever one you use, because it will have to be run from Mod Organizer).

Also, get the unofficial patches. They fix a lot of issues that Bethesda never bothered with. If you install the unofficial patches with Mod Organizer, say "no" when it asks if you want to unpack the BSAs.

Link Posted: 6/28/2014 1:54:11 AM EDT
[#26]
I stepped away from Skyrim for a while, with my game, and character highly modded with 3rd party stuff...and stuff I made myself.

When I recently tried to start playing again...most of my mods were fucked.
Not up to the daunting task of re-doing everything I had
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 4:03:08 AM EDT
[#27]

Originally Posted By madmedic:

I stepped away from Skyrim for a while, with my game, and character highly modded with 3rd party stuff...and stuff I made myself.

View Quote

When it first came out I was playing it heavily modded.  Steam automatically updated skyrim and fucked everything up so I stopped playing for a while..  This time I turned automatic updating off.

Link Posted: 6/29/2014 12:41:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CitizenQ] [#28]

View All Quotes

Just decided to get back into Skyrim about a week ago. Using Nexus Mod Manager and LOOT, I'm running over 100 mods with no problems, most of them are small changes like individual armor & weapon retextures or various character creation options, but I have several major mods working together with little to no issues.

LOOT manages the load orders really well and the NMM makes downloading and installing mods a snap. As much as I love Steam, Steam workshop can suck it.

I will try to get a list of the mods I'm using together and post it here, provided I don't get completely drunk watching some South Park.

When it first came out I was playing it heavily modded.  Steam automatically updated skyrim and fucked everything up so I stopped playing for a while..  This time I turned automatic updating off.

That may or may not help. Steam has a habit of completely ignoring the no-auto-update setting and patching the game anyway, regardless of what you set it too. That being said, the current patch (1.9.32.0.8) is likely to be the last as it was released over a year ago and there won't be any new DLC for the game.

It seems like I'm bashing steam pretty hard in this post, which isn't the intent. I am a big Steam fan, but it has its quirks, especially when it comes to modding.
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 3:12:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: duhflushtech] [#29]
I'm also running something like 100 mods.  I found that the easiest way to avoid the Steam fuckups was only to use Steam workshop for a few big basic mods that if updated won't affect anything in my save - water mods, Climates of Tamriel, etc.  I think I maybe have 10 or so workshop mods that I'm using

Any other mods, from followers to quests to player homes, I always use the Nexus for.  Most of mine are also armor and equipment mods and retextures like Citizen, along with a couple of custom followers and a couple of custom homes.  I think I have Falskaar installed too.  I've been using BOSS as my load order manager.

You are pretty safe from the game updates, but even modders updating their stuff can be a pain in the ass on the workshop.  If they update a player house and you load it up without moving everything outside of the cell first, you might just loose all your trophies and unique items that you had in there in the old version.  With the nexus you don't have to worry about that, because it's all manual.

Or just use SKSE and don't allow the workshop mods to auto-update.
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 10:22:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CitizenQ] [#30]
I'm also running something like 100 mods.  I found that the easiest way to avoid the Steam fuckups was only to use Steam workshop for a few big basic mods that if updated won't affect anything in my save - water mods, Climates of Tamriel, etc.  I think I maybe have 10 or so workshop mods that I'm using

Any other mods, from followers to quests to player homes, I always use the Nexus for.  Most of mine are also armor and equipment mods and retextures like Citizen, along with a couple of custom followers and a couple of custom homes.  I think I have Falskaar installed too.  I've been using BOSS as my load order manager.

You are pretty safe from the game updates, but even modders updating their stuff can be a pain in the ass on the workshop.  If they update a player house and you load it up without moving everything outside of the cell first, you might just loose all your trophies and unique items that you had in there in the old version.  With the nexus you don't have to worry about that, because it's all manual.

Or just use SKSE and don't allow the workshop mods to auto-update.
View Quote

Why even use Workshop if those mods are available on Nexus?

Also, BOSS has pretty much been superseded by LOOT. Same people, but the program and the masterlists are better/newer.

List of Mods to avoid.

Here's a list of most of the mods I'm using along with all 3 DLC and Skyrim Script Extender, all downloaded, installed, and updated with Nexus Mod Manager:

Click To View Spoiler

I have several other mods installed, but a lot of those are personal preference things. Most of these, I think, are necessities.

At the very least, the Unofficial Patches, SKSE, and SkyUI are a must.
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 10:00:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By CitizenQ:

Why even use Workshop if those mods are available on Nexus?

Also, BOSS has pretty much been superseded by LOOT. Same people, but the program and the masterlists are better/newer.

View Quote

Good to know about LOOT.

A few of the mods I actually prefer to be auto-updated because I'm lazy, so I keep those on the workshop.  There's also a couple that I have that for some strange reason were only released on the workshop and not on the nexus.

Link Posted: 6/30/2014 10:39:56 AM EDT
[#32]
I just don't even know where to start with restoring my mods...I had changed ALOT of stuff...Changed all the stupid furries, and lizard people to different races of humans and elves...changed the models of the weapons and armor that were dumb looking to be more realistic looking...added some buildings...all kinds of stuff.

Very daunting task...hard to get motivated to start playing again.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 1:09:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CitizenQ] [#33]
I just don't even know where to start with restoring my mods...I had changed ALOT of stuff...Changed all the stupid furries, and lizard people to different races of humans and elves...changed the models of the weapons and armor that were dumb looking to be more realistic looking...added some buildings...all kinds of stuff.

View Quote

Can't help with the motivation, but I can help with where to start.

Nexus Mod Manager + LOOT + Skyrim G.E.M.S.

GEMS is a large databases that catalogs some of the best mods around for Skyrim. Find what you want there, then download and install through NMM. Use LOOT to set the load order.

All the mods I listed above are great, but seeing as it's my own list, I'm biased.

Aside: Why would you want to get rid of the Argonians and Khajiit?
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 2:27:05 PM EDT
[#34]

GEMS is a large databases that catalogs some of the best mods around for Skyrim. Find what you want there, then download and install through NMM. Use LOOT to set the load order.

All the mods I listed above are great, but seeing as it's my own list, I'm biased.

View All Quotes

Very few (if any of my mods are stock downloads)... I edited EVERYTHING...LoL.
I have the FOMM, and mod editing programs. (Don't remember what they are called right now)

I got rid of the Argonians, and Khajiit because to me, having lizard people, and cat people is kind of cartoonish and ghey.
I was also working on making the Orcs all more evil and "LOTR" like, but had not finished.
I also did away with most of the more flamboyant goofy looking armor in the game, and replaced it with more realistic stuff.
I converted all the glass armor to a variation of steel armor (with the same values as glass armor)...and did the same with glass weapons.
Because...C'mon...GLASS armor and weapons??

Almost all of the mods, and changes I made were piggybacked into other mod files that I edited, so it is very confusing now.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 5:42:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alien] [#35]
Ummmmmm Lydia dear, didn't a woman ever give you the "talk?" Right click view image for 1440p "goodness."

The haze is due to the fog in Riften at the moment.

Link Posted: 12/25/2014 2:06:43 PM EDT
[#36]
O.K., I just discovered Skyrim Elder Scrolls, I know, welcome to last year!

I've never been much of a gamer, but I kept reading about the depth of this game, and since I'm off work for a couple months having surgery, decided to give it a try. Holy shit there is a lot to do in this thing! I'm not ready to jump into the modding world yet, so I'm still playing the standard "Vanilla"  game on PC.

I have a couple of questions about game play, and was hoping for some tips. First, as I learn more shouts, how do I use them? I tried hot keying a new one through the favorites, but it doesn't work. Are the shouts always the "Z" key, and you just select which one you have active?

Along the same lines, I've got way more weapons and spells than I can hot key in the 1-8 numbers, is there a way to use letter keys? If not, I thought about switching fovorites/hotkeys around as needed but that seems clunky. I'm thinking that a viable option might be to size up the threat, then hit "Q" to drop into the favorites menu, select the appropriate weapons or spells, then tab back out to the game and fight. Is that how it's done?
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 10:37:39 AM EDT
[#37]
I have a couple of questions about game play, and was hoping for some tips. First, as I learn more shouts, how do I use them? I tried hot keying a new one through the favorites, but it doesn't work. Are the shouts always the "Z" key, and you just select which one you have active?
View All Quotes

Yes, your Z key triggers your power, which can be a shout, racial ability, etc.  You select it in the magic menu, IIRC.

Along the same lines, I've got way more weapons and spells than I can hot key in the 1-8 numbers, is there a way to use letter keys? If not, I thought about switching fovorites/hotkeys around as needed but that seems clunky. I'm thinking that a viable option might be to size up the threat, then hit "Q" to drop into the favorites menu, select the appropriate weapons or spells, then tab back out to the game and fight. Is that how it's done?

1-8 is it, I believe.  Most players can use that for 90% of combat, and then either drop to the full menu or to the favorites like you said.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 11:16:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chop13chop] [#38]

meh, a couple more

PSA, If you use an ENB make sure you have the right VRAM amount entered otherwise it'll think you have less than you actually do and you'll have a bad time in Markarth.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 12:41:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Mein Gott, is this thread still alive?

I finally uninstalled it from my boot drive the other day because I ran out of space.  Maybe I should reinstall it again.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 1:45:29 PM EDT
[#40]

Yes, your Z key triggers your power, which can be a shout, racial ability, etc.  You select it in the magic menu, IIRC.
View All Quotes

I did come up with a workaround for this recently (I know, I'm behind...)

I am now using the mod SKYUI, and it allows for "groups" under F1, F2, etc.  That means you can bind an entire set of weapons, armor, etc to that key, rather than just one item like the 1-8 keys normally.  I used F6, F7, and F8 for my three most popular shouts, and also grouped my Talos Amulet in there.  So I can jump to a shout with one key, fire it using Z normally and enjoy the faster cool-down due to the Talos Amulet, and then hit F1 or one of my "combat groups" and return to my normal weapons, armor, amulet, etc.  If I want the same shout and don't need to worry about the Talos Amulet, I can continue to just use Z.  If I want a different shout from my favorite three, I can also switch with one button.  Works great.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 10:35:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By TAP:

I am now using the mod SKYUI, and it allows for "groups" under F1, F2, etc.  That means you can bind an entire set of weapons, armor, etc to that key, rather than just one item like the 1-8 keys normally.  I used F6, F7, and F8 for my three most popular shouts, and also grouped my Talos Amulet in there.  So I can jump to a shout with one key, fire it using Z normally and enjoy the faster cool-down due to the Talos Amulet, and then hit F1 or one of my "combat groups" and return to my normal weapons, armor, amulet, etc.  If I want the same shout and don't need to worry about the Talos Amulet, I can continue to just use Z.  If I want a different shout from my favorite three, I can also switch with one button.  Works great.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TAP:

SkyUI is the shit.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 12:45:22 AM EDT
[#42]
So, they are going to remaster Skyrim and release it for the new game systems.... I can finally upgrade from my 360 to an Xbox One.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 2:19:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By GLHX2112:
So, they are going to remaster Skyrim and release it for the new game systems.... I can finally upgrade from my 360 to an Xbox One.
View Quote

I've been considering breaking out the 360 for skyrim, but now I can wait. Wonder how much it will be?  Regular price or a little less?
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 2:40:15 AM EDT
[#44]

Just decided to get back into Skyrim about a week ago. Using Nexus Mod Manager and LOOT, I'm running over 100 mods with no problems, most of them are small changes like individual armor & weapon retextures or various character creation options, but I have several major mods working together with little to no issues.

LOOT manages the load orders really well and the NMM makes downloading and installing mods a snap. As much as I love Steam, Steam workshop can suck it.

I will try to get a list of the mods I'm using together and post it here, provided I don't get completely drunk watching some South Park.

That may or may not help. Steam has a habit of completely ignoring the no-auto-update setting and patching the game anyway, regardless of what you set it too. That being said, the current patch (1.9.32.0.8) is likely to be the last as it was released over a year ago and there won't be any new DLC for the game.

It seems like I'm bashing steam pretty hard in this post, which isn't the intent. I am a big Steam fan, but it has its quirks, especially when it comes to modding.
View All Quotes

NMM, LOOT, and TES5Edit are Skyrim-fan's best friends.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 2:45:18 AM EDT
[#45]
some of the mods I have installed:

Perfect Legionary (makes the legionaries in game look more Roman without sacrificing lore)

Marriable Serana and Serana Dialogue Edit

Quality World Map

SkyUI

Audio Overhaul for Skyrim 2

Deadly Dragons

Realistic Lighting Overhaul
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 9:00:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Back around Christmas I got Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim with all the DLC for about $10. Played through Morrowind, couldn't play Oblivion (kept crashing) so moved on to Skyrim. I'm having a lot of fun with it, got a bunch of mods and such. I know I'm years behind but it's a really fun game.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 7:48:20 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

I'm getting a little burnt out on FPS games.  I used to enjoy RPG's, but haven't played one in a decade or so.  What am I in for if I take the plunge on the remaster?

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 9:06:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By agillig:

I'm getting a little burnt out on FPS games.  I used to enjoy RPG's, but haven't played one in a decade or so.  What am I in for if I take the plunge on the remaster?

View All Quotes

A lot of time.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 11:00:08 AM EDT
[#49]

Originally Posted By VooDoo3dfx:
A lot of time.
View All Quotes

A lot of time.

I expected.  Is leveling up a grind?  What about random battles on the world map?  Is that still a thing in RPG's?

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:56:10 PM EDT
[#50]

I expected.  Is leveling up a grind?  What about random battles on the world map?  Is that still a thing in RPG's?

View All Quotes

A lot of time.

I didn't think leveling up was to bad. You aren't going to be at badass level very quickly, but it usually wasn't any problem to defeat everything....just depends on how you play and set your character up.

There was always things to do on the world map. Dragons flying around, people to talk to, enemies holding keeps or caves, ect. Plenty to do.

It's a fun game, plus I would imagine it would come with all the dlc. I'll definitely be purchasing again to play on xbox one. Still missing lots of achievements, plus I want to play around with different characters.
Page / 77
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top