Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2010 11:45:59 PM EDT
http://games.slashdot.org/story/10/09/06/0027236/The-New-Difficulties-In-Making-a-3D-Game

Maybe they'll have to learn how real firearms work for a change.

Interestingly, as more companies tackle this, it might spur innovations in sight acquisition.  Maybe there's something better out there than the red dot.

ETA: The Call of Duty series has usually done this very well.  There's often no crosshair, but you can instantly bring your iron sights or optics up and look through them, slightly blurring anything at ranges other than what you're aiming at.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 12:56:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I find this very interesting.  I wonder if the next gen of consoles is going to have a lot of games in 3D, that would be awesome.  I am hoping that 3D makes it past the novelty stage and into the widely used stage.  They have been working on making 3D TVs that do not require glasses, but the FOV is pretty small right now.  I think if they can prefect that concept then a lot more people will get them, and it will start making sense for movie companies and game companies to release more 3D content.

Then it is only a hop, skip, and a jump from there to holodecks.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:02:18 AM EDT
[#2]
The current set of consoles can do 3D, far as I know.  Just a firmware change.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:54:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Killzone 3 will be the first FPS in 3D and the PS3 is already full 3D ready as of current firmware. I doubt you will see any on the 360 within the next 12 months as the system just can't handle it and there have been zero talks as of yet for any 3D gaming.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top