Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2010 3:17:30 PM EDT
...I spent a lot of time dying in the final missile silo stage.  I finally got through it by going prone everywhere to avoid getting owned repeatedly.  I couldn't bring some BG's into my FOV from around a corner, but yet they could still kill me; point-blanked some BG's & yet I still got taken while they survived.  In the underground silo, I'd clear a section, only to be taken out by A BG spawned where there were no ingress routes for them to "legitimatley" come from.  Stupid.  Some games, like the original HALO, represent better examples of using incremental AI to increase difficulty to build a real challenge element, rather than just cheaply ratcheting up metrics like hit-count &/or in-game character spawning to "surprise" me.  Dropping the hit-count & "Doom 3"-style "abracadabra" spawning of characters into the environment are pretty cheap methods for ratcheting up difficulty.

To be fair, for all my griping, it was still a lot of fun to play.  Just wish these kinds of stupid tricks would go by the wayside.

Crysis 2 gameplay added in for no particular reason.  It will be epic.
Link Posted: 7/26/2010 3:58:51 PM EDT
[#1]
MW1/2 were both easy as hell to finish on Veteran. World @ war and the Call of duty classic are the only ones of the series worthy of making a thread over completing on veteran.
Link Posted: 7/27/2010 12:34:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
MW1/2 were both easy as hell to finish on Veteran. World @ war and the Call of duty classic are the only ones of the series worthy of making a thread over completing on veteran.

The majority of the paragraph was re: my observation of the rather lacking design WRT the way the difficulty is apparently ramped.  Over your head?  Perhaps.
Link Posted: 7/27/2010 12:37:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

MW1/2 were both easy as hell to finish on Veteran
. World @ war and the Call of duty classic are the only ones of the series worthy of making a thread over completing on veteran.

Not in my experience.

Link Posted: 7/27/2010 1:26:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I can relate; getting past the storage room and silo room before you tet into the control room area was a challenge in veteran, but once you figure out a strategy, you can breeze through it. the secret was to go through the silos and then haul ass to the airlock once you are clear of the missile tubes.
Link Posted: 7/27/2010 4:41:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not in my experience.  

I finished WAW on veteran, but MW I wasn't even going to try......

Link Posted: 7/27/2010 4:52:02 PM EDT
[#6]
ON Both MW's you can just camp it out and take your toime . YOU CAN NOT DO THAT ON WAW.
Link Posted: 7/27/2010 5:36:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
ON Both MW's you can just camp it out and take your toime . YOU CAN NOT DO THAT ON WAW.

The japs nade the hell out of you, and germans do it too but not as much but when they through 1 it will be followed with another...
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:56:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Just finished the last level on veteran this morning... Took me about 50 tries. Its no joke getting through that one. Been trying to get all the achievements for the game lately.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:59:27 AM EDT
[#9]
I've been spending a good amount of time trying to get 3 stars on all Spec Ops missions...can't get Echo done.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:04:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yup, endless spawns and grenades.  I beat one of the later Soviet levels on veteran and then gave up since they made the game ridiculous.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:14:18 PM EDT
[#11]
The real question is, did you complete the mile high club level on veteran?  I have played that level several hundred times and could not get it on veteran.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:39:26 PM EDT
[#12]
That one isn't really that difficult.  Just need to keep moving and pick up guns as you go.  Grabbing a P90 from the beginning helps a lot.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:45:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Look up Achievement Hunter on Rooster Teeth website to see the way to beat Mile High Club on Veteran.

When in the silos use M-203 and flashbangs.

MW1 and 2 were fairly easy for me on Veteran. I only didn't get 100% on MW because I hate One Shot One Kill and didn't even bother to try it on Veteran. Now W@W I am still trying to complete on Veteran.
Shoot.
Move.
Find Cover.
Throw back grenade.
Run from 2nd and 3rd grenade.
Find cover.
Get shot trying to find cover.
Look down sights to engage target from behind aformentioned cover.
Die from headshot and see 2 more grenades explode right near your corpse while you wait to respawn.
press eject and put MW2 back in....
YMMV

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:10:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

+1

COD and COD5 are MURDEROUS on veteran. COD4 was tough but doable, and COD6 was easy compared to the other entries in the series. COD2 and COD3 I have not yet played on veteran.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 9:38:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The real question is, did you complete the mile high club level on veteran?  I have played that level several hundred times and could not get it on veteran.

No thats the only achievement I've yet to complete. I've been really close but said to hell with it. Maybe try again later
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top