Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2006 4:11:51 PM EDT
Great day here in Tidewater.  Warm, sunny, and low wind.  Virginia Duathlon (5K run/32K bike/5k run).  Originally a March marathon was on my schedule, but I came up lame with shin splints (again) in January after an 18 mile training run.  Only easy runs of 30-35 minutes since then, with a few decent rides.

Ripped through a 21:31 first 5K followed by 19.85 miles of cycling at just under 21mph and a 22:08 for the second 5K.  Not bad for a late 30s slightly overweight squid.  Just the thing to get those competitive juices flowing for the rest of the season...Time to start swimming now.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:45:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Good job H46!!!

I just ran my first race of the year on 4-1. Half marathon, I ran a 1:55:30. I was so surprised to do as good as I did. I really did not get the mileage I wanted to get in before the race. I did not feel I was in as good of shape as I was in the fall. But the time I did was my best by two minutes from last year. I started out running with a friend for the first 8 miles, then with 5 to go I told her I was going to pick it up a bit , and I really kicked it up. Its funny you see alot of the same people from race to race around here. Everybody seems to hit the 3 big races thru the spring and summer and they wrap it up with the Detroit  marathon in the fall. Anyways the last five miles I was running with this older guy and we kept exchangeing the lead between us. Well It kept us going. We both turned to each other when we crossed the finish line and shook hands and congradulated each other and a good race. I told him he kept me going out there. So my first race was a success, start working toward the next one.

Anyone else have thier first race of the year?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top