Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/22/2006 2:25:57 PM EDT
I was listening to some sports show on the way to work, some basketball player getting interviewed was talking about how John Stockton always had a certain food routing that he followed throughout the season which attributed to his peak performance on the court.

Is there really such a way you can string meals together to maximize performence at a scheduled time, and start all over again after the physical activity is over?

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:28:12 PM EDT
Yes you can. However one must considder what type of activity will be taking place and for how long. If one were to run a marathon they would want to take in more slowly digesting carbs than some one who is going into the gym to lift for 45min to an hour.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:00:33 PM EDT
He might be one of those guys who eats a bunch of green vegetables which act to help buffer blood acids. Randy Cotoure did this for his MMA training. It will make a VERY small difernce and is not worth the effort unless you are a competative athlete IMO. 99.9% of people would get better results by doing something simple like more cardio or improving their BF%.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:41:26 PM EDT
Yes, anyone really serious about fitness will have some sort of nutritional plan. Personally I have a plan that is not as strenous as some but I eat every 2-3 hrs and depending on weither Im trying to bulk or cut I will change my diet from 5100 cals a day to when I cut, 2000-2500. Here is an example of how much of an exact science it can be.

This is taken from Jay Cutler the #2 Bodybuilder in the world

Pre-Workout ThermoShed (3 capsules)

Cardio 45 minute cardio session.

Meal 1 20 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 1 cup of steel cut oats, GAKIC (8 caplets).

Train Training session.

Meal 2 2 scoops of Nitro-Tech, 1 cup of steel cut oats.

Meal 3 12 ounces of top round steak, green beans, onions.

Meal 4 16 ounces of flounder, green beans.

Meal 5 16 ounces of flounder, half cup of steel cut oats, green beans.

Pre-Workout ThermoShed (3 capsules)

Cardio 30 minute cardio session.

Meal 6 16 ounces of flounder, 2 cups of asparagus.

Meal 7 16 ounces of flounder, Acetabolan III (4 capsules).

Granted this guy is 264lbs at 3% bf at competition, but you get the idea of how exact diet can get in the serious athelete.
Top Top