User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 10:26:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm glad you posted this.

Summary: dietary cholesterol =/= blood cholesterol.
View Quote
For most people.  Some are hyper-responders and may be best served by avoiding completely.
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 11:20:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
For most people.  Some are hyper-responders and may be best served by avoiding completely.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm glad you posted this.

Summary: dietary cholesterol =/= blood cholesterol.
Right, in general I mean.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 4:51:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You gotta be eating at least SOME fiber, or you're going to have conversations with yourself on the toilet like "Funny, I don't *remember* swallowing a softball covered in broken glass."

Cut out sugar, keep portion sizes reasonable, and exercise, and you should be losing weight.  If not, cut *some* of the complex carbs as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What do you guys think of the carnivore diet?
You gotta be eating at least SOME fiber, or you're going to have conversations with yourself on the toilet like "Funny, I don't *remember* swallowing a softball covered in broken glass."

Cut out sugar, keep portion sizes reasonable, and exercise, and you should be losing weight.  If not, cut *some* of the complex carbs as well.
Not true at all.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 10:26:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Not true at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What do you guys think of the carnivore diet?

Not true at all.
Actually the truth is the complete opposite.  I had a cheat day and ate sushi (friends came from up north and wanted sushi) I swear it felt like I crapped an anvil. I think the fiber (seaweed and rice) is what did it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 1:56:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Just a quick update.  
Down to 325 lbs. Feel great.
If I eat carbs I feel like crap.  
More energy.
Skin seems to have improved (no zits)
I ate a lb of bacon this morning with 3 eggs.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 4:59:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Actually the truth is the complete opposite.  I had a cheat day and ate sushi (friends came from up north and wanted sushi) I swear it felt like I crapped an anvil. I think the fiber (seaweed and rice) is what did it.
View Quote
LOL, but no, unless you were eating brown rice sushi.   Almost all of the fiber in rice is in the bran, which goes away to make white rice.  The Nori seaweed used in sushi has almost no fiber as well.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 5:51:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

LOL, but no, unless you were eating brown rice sushi.   Almost all of the fiber in rice is in the bran, which goes away to make white rice.  The Nori seaweed used in sushi has almost no fiber as well.
View Quote

Good to know. I’m beginning to think that it is my bodies reaction to carbs. Who knows
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 7:12:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Good to know. I’m beginning to think that it is my bodies reaction to carbs. Who knows
View Quote
Could be gluten.  Wheat is the #2 ingredient in soy sauce and some sushi chefs add wheat flour to the rice to make it stickiers.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 10:25:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just a quick update.  
Down to 325 lbs. Feel great.
If I eat carbs I feel like crap.  
More energy.
Skin seems to have improved (no zits)
I ate a lb of bacon this morning with 3 eggs.
View Quote
That's awesome man.
I've been doing this for almost 2mos now. Im seeing the same effects. I can't explain it, but it works so I'm sticking with it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 12:26:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That's awesome man.
I've been doing this for almost 2mos now. Im seeing the same effects. I can't explain it, but it works so I'm sticking with it.
View Quote
Congrats on your success.  Keep up your hard work.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 8:23:55 PM EDT
[#11]
At 318lbs.  Thanksgiving was rough (skipper diet for three days) and now I’m back on the diet.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 9:09:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I actually haven’t had any issues on the throne.
If anything I have gone less. Still haven’t gone today.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I actually haven’t had any issues on the throne.
If anything I have gone less. Still haven’t gone today.
Most of the time the complaints with a strict carnivore diet include diarrhea.

Cut out the carbs.  You'll lose weight quicker and feel better.  Make sure you eat enough fat.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 10:02:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
At 318lbs.  Thanksgiving was rough (skipper diet for three days) and now I'm back on the diet.
View Quote
Good work on the loss so far. Stick with it and you'll get where you want to be.

Im already down to 235 from 270 and down 3 inches in the waist since early September.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 3:52:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Good work on the loss so far. Stick with it and you'll get where you want to be.

Im already down to 235 from 270 and down 3 inches in the waist since early September.
View Quote
Keep up the good work.  I’m fasting today (helps when I feel I hit a plateau)

This diet does hit in the wallet.  
New jeans
New belt (last one was an SOE cobra, best belt I ever owned)
New shoes (feet losing fat)
New thermals for hunting (my R rating has dropped a bit)
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 7:55:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:What do you guys think of the carnivore diet?
My goal is to drop weight, that’s my primary goal.
View Quote
I'm with you. My pants were getting tight (again) and I refuse to buy another size bigger. That's my line in the sand. 5'10 and 235. I was 180 before my accident 2 years ago. Gym rat in high school. Now, I can't believe I'm 50 pounds overweight.

So almost a week ago I gave up carbs. All of them unless trace amounts in things I can't control.

I've counted calories (unsustainable for my situation). I've done paleo (worked, but too much work if you know what I mean). I've done Atkins (worked, but a single crouton in a salad and I fell off the wagon). I've done keto (I actually GAINED weight doing keto. I over-ate a ton).

So now I'm trying something else which I think has a good chance for me.  I am living on eggs, bacon, butter and meat (primarily fatty chuck roast steaks). I am not weighing anything or counting anything. No ratios or micros or macros. I need simple. I don't need a huge variety.

Breakfast: coffee. 3 strips of bacon. 2 eggs fried and bacon grease and topped with salt, hot sauce and melted butter.

Lunch: this one was always hard for me. My office orders in lunch everyday. I would typically eat some big burger or pasta dish. These restaurants don't exactly have the nutritional info on the menu so I couldn't track anything. I quit ordering. Now I bring a single hard boiled egg for lunch and cover it in salt and pepper. I might add a cheese stick to this as my afternoons haven't been great.

Dinner: I've been eating roughly a pound of fatty beef that a melt butter onto when it comes off the grill.

That's it. Except water. More than usual because of the much more frequent urination. I am still taking a multivitamin, 6000IU of Vit D and a magnesium pill to combat the pretty bad leg cramps I get at night.

I'm down 5 pounds (yes, I'm aware it's water weight but it is nice to see the scale going down and my pants fit better) in the first week and I'm feeling a resolve I've never had before when I've changed my eating. Yes, I'm hungry. Yeah, it's been hard. Really hard. Like fuck-the-world hard. But I can't keep gaining weight. I don't even want to get out of bed anymore. At least I didn't - now I'm started to be a bit more hopeful about the future.

My freezers at home are full of deer, antelope, beef, chicken, lamb and fish. I'm going to eat the hell out of nothing but meat (and meat byproducts) and see how this goes. I gave up alcohol and soda completely almost a year ago (and STILL gained weight!!) so I'm not fighting that, which is nice.

Tested with low T a year ago but never did anything about it. Now I have an appointment in a few days with a very respected HRT doctor.

So keep up the good work. You're a lot father into this than I am but I think we're onto something here.

I know nothing changes until something changes.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 3:42:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Keep up the good work brother
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top