Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2017 6:41:31 AM EDT
Was warming up last night and had to offset my grip a little to balance things out.

Got curious this morning and weighed my plates. They are all 44-45 except one. It's pushing 50 lbs.

Stupid thing, also explains why my squat warm ups have felt off center a bit.

I have an urge now to break out the drill press, and welder and calibrate all my plates. I wonder how many 1/2" holes it takes to shave 4 lbs off a plate.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 7:25:57 AM EDT
[#1]
add a fiver to the other side
Easy peasy
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 7:40:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Get out of here with your simple solutions.

I'm pretty tempted to load all my plates into the truck and head down to the post office this morning and paint marker all of them with actual weight.

That way I can at least load the bar evenly.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 7:46:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Maybe a smith machine is more your style

Or a bowflex
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 7:47:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Steel is 0.2836 pounds per cubic inch.

5 pounds is a shitload of 1/2" holes.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 11:36:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
I'd take the worst pair and throw them up on Craigslist. Someone will buy them and you can replace them with a new pair that match.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 11:51:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'd take the worst pair and throw them up on Craigslist. Someone will buy them and you can replace them with a new pair that match.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think this winter I'm going to start buying 45 lb bumpers. Once I have a stack of them I think I'll offload the steel 35's, 45's and an old barbell.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 5:56:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I fixed the stupid thing.

I was going to torch some holes in it, but I ran out of oxygen right when I got started.

So I took it over to the drill press and drilled out in two circles that looked about right then punched them out with a hammer, reads exactly the same on the scale as the other one now, so it's probably under a pound of difference.

Looks dumb, but at least I don't have to hold the bar offset any more.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 3:31:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Lol. I have 3 out of whack.. 46.0, 46.25, 47.00. Lol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top