Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2017 7:49:03 AM EDT
I have no idea what is going on with me but Im in a bad habit all of a sudden.
We have 3 girls 2, 3 and 10. One of the younger girls, like clockwork, will wake up around 3am crying or whatever (typical kid stuff). But the problem is I cannot go back to sleep afterward. Im tired, I am exhausted but I cannot go back to sleep. I tried melatonin the first night it didnt do anything for me. I even got up last night and laid on the couch, I can always fall asleep on it . Didnt work.
I have no problem falling asleep when I go to bed just this 3 am crap thats got me.
Any other melatonin type stuff you guys would recommend?
I was taking an EVL product that helped natural T levels and sleep/recovery and it seemed to work I may have to try it again.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 10:09:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd recommend giving the wife the elbow at 3.00 am when your daughter wakes you, letting her handle it, and immediately going back to sleep.
If wife protests, handle it, and then tell her it's sexy-time. She will probably stop protesting after 1 or 2 sessions
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 10:12:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Hail Holy Queen works for me every time.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 10:40:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Tell the wife to handle it
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 10:51:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tell the wife to handle it
View Quote
Wife was up with her a fair bit before I got up. Either way I'm a lighter sleeper than she is and get woke up regardless.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:52:49 AM EDT
[#5]
From what I've read, melatonin helps you go to sleep but doesn't do much to help you stay asleep.  Even without kids, I often have the same problem - a 0230-0330 wakeup and difficulty going back to sleep.

Suggestions:
-Cut out the preworkout
-Cut caffeine consumption and limit it to the morning
-Room should be blackout dark and quiet

may help.  Not cheap
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:56:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
From what I've read, melatonin helps you go to sleep but doesn't do much to help you stay asleep.  Even without kids, I often have the same problem - a 0230-0330 wakeup and difficulty going back to sleep.

Suggestions:
-Cut out the preworkout
-Cut caffeine consumption and limit it to the morning
-Room should be blackout dark and quiet

may help.  Not cheap
View Quote
I try and do most of that, what is weird is that it just started. Ive been in the same routine for a while. I mean last week I got some awesome rest, never woke up once. Now like clockwork 3am im up. Im not a very caffeine sensitive person honestly.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 2:09:01 PM EDT
[#7]
well, just jump on the ambien wagon thats what I did.  about three years ago when my mother was at the end of dying from cancer I was not sleeping at all, thats when I got some.  

I'm just kidding, I would only jump on the ambien wagon as a last resort.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 2:30:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Foam ear plugs.  Maybe have the crying kid sleep in the same room as the oldest kid?  Let them learn to nurture each other.  Used to be we'd wake up in the morning only to find all 3 of our kids (were little then and only a year or two apart in ages) alseep on the floor of our room with the dogs.  We didn't much care so long as they were quiet!
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 2:38:52 PM EDT
[#9]
What else is going on.
Usually when this happens to me, it's because I start thinking about something that's been on my mind.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 3:11:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What else is going on.
Usually when this happens to me, it's because I start thinking about something that's been on my mind.
View Quote
I am a pretty stress / carefree guy. But yeah my mind flips on. We are supposed to be moving soon and one night I was thinking about what would go where. Dumb stuff, ya know? But last night no particular thought I was just too tired to sleep.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 3:22:08 PM EDT
[#11]
also, I am just a very habitual sleeper. Wake up same time regardless of what is going on etc. My brain has just switched to 3am as wake up time. Sometimes the kids dont even have to do anything I will wake up anticipating something.
I dont think it could but could TRT have anything to do with it? surely not...
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:06:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Probably happens to coincide with the end of an REM cycle, so your brain is ready to get up even if you aren't at that time.

I have a pretty easy time getting up at around 2:30, 5:30 and 7am. Any other times though and I feel like I got hit by a bus.

I'm pretty sure they all line up with my natural REM cycle endings.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:09:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Probably happens to coincide with the end of an REM cycle, so your brain is ready to get up even if you aren't at that time.

I have a pretty easy time getting up at around 2:30, 5:30 and 7am. Any other times though and I feel like I got hit by a bus.

I'm pretty sure they all line up with my natural REM cycle endings.
View Quote
Probably right. Hadnt thought of that.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:54:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:15:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
also, I am just a very habitual sleeper. Wake up same time regardless of what is going on etc. My brain has just switched to 3am as wake up time. Sometimes the kids dont even have to do anything I will wake up anticipating something.
I dont think it could but could TRT have anything to do with it? surely not...
View Quote
You've started TRT, correct? What are your T levels now?

Before I started TRT, I would fall asleep around 7-8pm. If anything woke me up, I battled 3-4 hrs of insomnia. No issues since starting TRT.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 8:09:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You've started TRT, correct? What are your T levels now?

Before I started TRT, I would fall asleep around 7-8pm. If anything woke me up, I battled 3-4 hrs of insomnia. No issues since starting TRT.
View Quote
getting bw done here soon i hope then ill know. today will be shot #6 so not that far in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top