Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2017 2:15:33 PM EDT
I haven't taken preworkout in a while. I liked C4, but it quit working. Then I tried ANS Axiom. It worked, but felt dirty. It's been probably a year since I've taken one, so I don't know anything about the newer ones.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:27:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Im still on c4 myself,  1 scoop every day for 9 months and no immunity yet but I'm a super high energy guy to begin with and anything like that usually hits me pretty hard.

How long before it didn't work for you?

My buddies said they go off of c4 for a month and it works like new again.  They would buy one other random brand,  by the time they ran out they went to c4 again.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 4:19:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Im still on c4 myself,  1 scoop every day for 9 months and no immunity yet but I'm a super high energy guy to begin with and anything like that usually hits me pretty hard.

How long before it didn't work for you?

My buddies said they go off of c4 for a month and it works like new again.  They would buy one other random brand,  by the time they ran out they went to c4 again.
View Quote
Same here, C4 stopped working.  I went off for a while and now that tingly feeling is back.  I also take a 5 hour energy about 90 min before I train, but that's mostly to ward of that sleepy feeling I get on train ride after work doesn't cause me to skip a workout.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 4:30:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I rotate between C4, I AM GOD, and PreKaged
PreKaged is my fav
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 5:30:06 PM EDT
[#4]
really liking LIT - gummy worm. Been using it a while.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 12:07:03 AM EDT
[#5]
TNE
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 2:01:20 PM EDT
[#6]
16oz black coffee.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 3:08:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Crystal Meth????
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 3:10:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
16oz black coffee.
View Quote
I drink more than that on a normal day.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 4:35:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm pretty sensitive to stimulants I guess.  I took some pre-workout about two years ago that had me on humming-bird speed for two days, couldn't sleep or function anywhere but at the gym.  Posted about it here and half of the posts were people who did that stuff daily.

I can't even have a coke after 4pm if I want to sleep.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 4:39:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
3x a day
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 4:39:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Tried out Honey Badger this week.  Breddy gud.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 6:13:06 PM EDT
[#12]
These guys here are pretty good with their reviews and evaluations.

Personally I take DVST8 White Cut right now and it's a pretty good kick on two scoops...

https://blog.priceplow.com/top-10/pre-workout-supplements
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 8:20:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm pretty sensitive to stimulants I guess.  I took some pre-workout about two years ago that had me on humming-bird speed for two days, couldn't sleep or function anywhere but at the gym.  Posted about it here and half of the posts were people who did that stuff daily.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm the opposite. I can drink a Monster and go to sleep.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 5:09:06 PM EDT
[#14]
I've been using Mr Hyde for probably a couple years now. I still don't take a full dose. Depending on how I am feeling I take between 1/2 and 3/4 of a scoop. A full scoop is too much for me. I'm getting jittery just thinking about it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:12:05 AM EDT
[#15]
For those of us in our 40's, we might remember the granddaddy of all pre-workouts...Ultimate Orange. The first preworkout of it's kind. I remember seeing this on the shelf when I worked at GNC in 93-94 and never did try it out. I use to just take a vivarin.

Anyways, not sure if Hi-Tech purchased the rights to the name or what but they've re-released it but with DMAA this time. Should be a heart stopper for those that like legal meth...

https://blog.priceplow.com/supplement-news/ultimate-orange
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:17:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:41:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I've been using Mr Hyde for probably a couple years now. I still don't take a full dose. Depending on how I am feeling I take between 1/2 and 3/4 of a scoop. A full scoop is too much for me. I'm getting jittery just thinking about it.
View Quote
That's one that I should have bought. I ended up buying Beyond Raw LIT, but it's more of a steady bump in energy than a big spike.
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 9:03:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Thread resurrection!

I have been taking 3/4 (more or lessl)of a dose of mr hyde for a while (years) with good results.
I read about a stack that sounded interesting so i gave it a shot.
1/2 scoop Mr Hyde and
3/4 (m/l) of Dr Jeckyll
Less caffeine overall but fml the face tingle is in full effect and i just want to go lift everything in the whole place. Not jittery. Just ready to get it the fuck on.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 11:22:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
TNE
View Quote
yes, gotta love that chemical taste after a shot of it too lol

50-100mg of dbol and 200mg of caffeine is an acceptable substitute too
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 11:37:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Mesomorph
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 11:58:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Grocery store had Mr Hyde on sale so I grabbed a tub to try. Seems slow to get going but man it last a long time. I like it
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 1:45:05 PM EDT
[#22]
I've never used it, but those looking for a caffeine free pre-workout, GainzZz Rx offers;

Sour Gummy

Watermelon
Link Posted: 11/12/2017 8:35:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/16/2017 4:05:58 PM EDT
[#24]
I’ve been using the soflete preworkout. Their new version has no caffeine which is fine since I get plenty of that in all day long
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 1:33:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Tried out Honey Badger this week.  Breddy gud.
View Quote
First pre workout I've used, like it so far. Have some C4 when the Honey Badger runs out to compare.
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 2:09:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Most pre workouts were way too much for me. I did not like the feeling I would get. Kill Cliff seemed to work for me, but became hard to find around here. I now use MTN Ops. For me it's perfect. Gives me just enough for a workout with out all the jitters.
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 2:33:42 AM EDT
[#27]
I've been using JYM for about a year and a half now and I like it.  It doesn't give me that jittery feeling like others have, but I'm still alert and ready to go.  I'm considering dropping supps all together and just going back to black coffee for preworkout.
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 9:21:57 PM EDT
[#28]
I buy everything in bulk and mix my own. There are few active ingredients worth actually taking in most preworkouts so it's cheaper and more effective to just buy the good stuff and roll your own.

200mg caffeine pill
4-8g citrulline depending on day (8g on upper body days, 4g on lower days, sometimes none when deadlifting to avoid lower back pump)
1.5g beta alanine

Optional shit I throw in if I feel like it:
1g carnitine
1-2g betaine
5-10g BCAAs

Numbers might be a little fuzzy, I have the max clinically effective doses taped inside the cupboard and each bag has a correctly sized scoop so I just dump whatever amount of scoops from each bag into a small tupperware container and make a couple weeks worth at time.
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 2:20:17 PM EDT
[#29]
When c4 starts to wear I just take more of it
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 2:23:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Preworkouts are for retards.
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 12:40:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Recon, ESP, Buck
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 12:21:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Ephedrine and coffee. You can get bronk-aid (ephedrine HCL) at any CVS or pharmacy.
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 12:05:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Bang is my current favorite and their flavors are spot on.

Beyond raw and Ghost are also good.
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 10:09:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I buy everything in bulk and mix my own. There are few active ingredients worth actually taking in most preworkouts so it's cheaper and more effective to just buy the good stuff and roll your own.

200mg caffeine pill
4-8g citrulline depending on day (8g on upper body days, 4g on lower days, sometimes none when deadlifting to avoid lower back pump)
1.5g beta alanine

1g carnitine
1-2g betaine
5-10g BCAAs

Numbers might be a little fuzzy, I have the max clinically effective doses taped inside the cupboard and each bag has a correctly sized scoop so I just dump whatever amount of scoops from each bag into a small tupperware container and make a couple weeks worth at time.
View Quote
This.

While I don’t mix my own, most preworkouts (and supplements) are underdosed with the things that are clinically proven to work.

I currently take NutraBio Pre and their recovery as they actually list what’s in it by compound and is at clinically proven amounts. No BS proprietary blend. It’s not going to melt your face off or make you run through a wall but works.
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 1:06:10 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm not getting the same effects from C4 anymore and thinking of trying something new.  Any body ever use Nitro Surge?

It gets some good reviews online.

Nitro Surge on Amazon
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 2:02:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Well, for an 8 gram scoop, it's okay I guess. A serving looks pretty weak at 180 mg caffeine and 1.6 grams of beta alanine. I would need to double to get any benefit effectively cutting my servings to 15.

I would let this website guide you in your selection of a good pre-workout.

https://supplementreviews.com/categories/pre-workout/stimulant

My current favorites are Pathogen from Outbreak Nutrition https://www.a1supplements.com/outbreak-nutrition-pathogen

And God of Rage from Centurion Labz.... http://www.fortresssupplements.com/centurion-labz-god-of-rage-powerhouse-pre-workout-wraith-berry/

Both are very stim heavy so most people can extend their product by just using half a scoop.
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 2:28:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
For those of us in our 40's, we might remember the granddaddy of all pre-workouts...Ultimate Orange. The first preworkout of it's kind. I remember seeing this on the shelf when I worked at GNC in 93-94 and never did try it out. I use to just take a vivarin.

Anyways, not sure if Hi-Tech purchased the rights to the name or what but they've re-released it but with DMAA this time. Should be a heart stopper for those that like legal meth...

https://blog.priceplow.com/supplement-news/ultimate-orange
View Quote
I still have a half container of the original in the attic.  That stuff was intense.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 9:54:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

200mg caffeine pill
1.5g beta alanine

1g carnitine
1-2g betaine
5-10g BCAAs

View Quote
This right here. The mixing with a 200mg caffeine pill and you get some good tingles and jitters. I love me some jitters.
Link Posted: 12/24/2017 10:57:37 PM EDT
[#39]
I drank a low carb Monster today.

Usually Amino Energy, but usually just if i have to workout early in the morning (3AM ish)
Link Posted: 12/24/2017 11:08:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
Did it make you visualize throwing a car? Because it makes you throw cars.

Any point to TNE when you are a trt cruise?
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 9:27:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Did it make you visualize throwing a car? Because it makes you throw cars.

Any point to TNE when you are a trt cruise?
View Quote
Judged at a powerlifting meet recently and a large friend of mine was competing and smelled like an open vial of TNE...asked him how much he'd taken that day

"5cc"

He also squatted 881, benched 500+, and deadlifted 800+

So yeah, he might have been able to throw a car that day
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 9:34:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Pre workouts aren’t what they used to be.  1mr the original formula was always goat
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 10:36:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Tried LIT tonight. Man that stuff worked good.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 2:53:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
16oz black coffee.
Then stop.

Only drink it before your workout.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 8:53:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Saw this the other day.
I can't wait to try some.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top