Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/9/2003 11:34:42 AM EDT
As you know I have been on a fitness regimen running 3-4 days a week, exercising, etc. I satrted last fall about 248-250lbs@ 6'4". I'm down to 220# now, been there for about 6 weeks. I have stopped losing any weight. I am losing fat because my clothes are getting looser. What gives? My wife says my calfs are bigger as well as my thighs but I can't tell. Also my resting heart rate was 78bpm on average before I started, I'm at 58bpm now.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 1:56:00 PM EDT
All I KNOW......is your in better shape today, then before, as indicated by your restingHR, right. SO......continue[:)], just eat enough "good" food to keep your fat loss---> fat loss, not muscle loss.IMO I'm older(probably)and maybe not wiser, but a FF friend of mine is like a skeleton because all he does now is insessant cardio, No lifting(musclebuilding).
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:18:23 PM EDT
Just a guess here, but if you are building mudcle and burning fat you can definately gain total weight depending one the rate of muscle gain/fat loss. Muscle weighs more than fat, I used to work out a lot when I was in my early 20's (just got started again) and I weighed 185lbs and had sixpack abs, I now weigh 165 and have much more fat than I used to.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:00:54 PM EDT
Congrats! It is better to check your fat loss w/ a tape measure than a weight scale. As a new lifter, you can get significant muscle growth pretty quickly, which results in a gain in weight. Now, you may just be experiencing a leveling off in fat loss. That is typical. You need to increase your intensity or volume of working out. -Good luck
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 1:16:50 PM EDT
I was walking around in my boxer shorts last night while cooking a steak and I walked past my wife on the couch and she said *laughing* "man babe, you're getting a big butt...finally!" She's happy about my weight lifting. "I'm building a butt" I told her, after not having had one for so long it's great! I'm 5'10" 155# by the way and before lifting I was 5'10" 135# which equals no butt. umm yeah, congratulations on the weight loss and getting back in shape.
Top Top