Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2003 9:31:16 AM EDT
About a month ago, I started getting this pain in my right hand that started around the knuckle of my middle finger and extended about halfway back my wrist (just in the center) every thursday and only when i did bent over dumbbell rows.  

At first, I found that it didnt bother me as much when I wasn't wearing gloves so i just didnt use gloves for that routine.  Well, it has progressively gotten worse to the point that now it bothers me pretty much anytime i lift anything (even hurt a little when i went bowling the other night).  

Just sitting around (even typing like i am now) doesn't seem to bother it at all.

I went to the doctor this morning and he wasn't sure (good doctor).  I had him take an x-ray but i won't find out if there's anything weird for several days.  I was thinking maybe tendonitis?  

Has anyone here ever had something similar?

-Nuke
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 5:18:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:49:25 PM EDT
[#2]
It has to be said:

This is just a warning sign.  The next symptom is unusual hair growth in the palm area -  eventually leading to blindness.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 1:59:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not really up to date on this HAND ONLY ISSUE, but a HAND MRI (I dont know if they "do" 'HAND ONLY' MRI's), would reveal more if possiable. [?]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top