Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2002 8:15:32 AM EDT
My current schedule forces me to work out in the early evenings.  But for way too many years, I was a first thing in the morning exerciser.  So I still need a little kick in the butt to get going in the A.M.  For me, I do a set of 20 slow push-ups, 2 sets of 25 crunchs and 2 sets of 4 count / 25 side straddle hops (jumping jacks), while the 'puter is firing up and the coffee is brewing.  Takes less than 7 minutes to complete and helps to clear the fog for me.
Anybody else have a "wake-up" routine?
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 8:27:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I get up and do some stretching, 4 sets of 50 push-ups 2-diamond and 2-wide, 100 crunches and then it’s a cup of Coffee and off to work. I use the running path at work for my morning run 1 or 2 miles depending how I feel.
Parker
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 9:03:02 AM EDT
[#2]
a little heroin always gets me going!
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 11:05:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Hello!

Morning is my run and stretch time.  I find that if I run after weights, either my legs feel like they are moving through mud or  my upper body is so sore that I can barely swing my arms or that I get stitches and cramps in my abs.

I also wake up at the same time even on my "rest" days (but I then shut off the alarm and go back to sleep).  That makes it easier to wake up on the running days.

James
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 5:07:43 AM EDT
[#4]
1/2 gallon of coffee, 1/2 pack of butts, 2 cups of processed sugar on my 3 bowls of lucky charms, does it for me![;)]
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 2:13:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
1/2 gallon of coffee, 1/2 pack of butts, 2 cups of processed sugar on my 3 bowls of lucky charms, does it for me![;)]
View Quote

Mags_

Glad to see you've finally eliminated that pint of Jack Daniels from your breakfast menu [:D]
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 3:10:31 PM EDT
[#6]
2 cups of coffee and sex with my roommate every morning.  Chick roommates are the best.
Link Posted: 11/8/2002 7:50:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I usually have a cup of  (strong) coffee, then wrestle with my American Pit Bull Terrier for a while - it gets the blood flowing. [:)]

Eric/Tyler
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top