Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2002 7:48:53 PM EDT
I have been trying to drop a few pounds, I have a vertical line but no defined abs yet... I run and lift.. but I will never give up drinking.. What is the least detrimental to drink? I heard corona is low in calories or should I just do straight shots of vodka?
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 7:53:12 PM EDT
Don't know the specific number of calories in a typical Corona, but I do know that alcohol alone is high in calories. . . Something like 7 cal/gram. Of course, there is more to beer than just alcohol, and so it contains more calories/serving.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 8:13:16 PM EDT
Scotch. Least number of calories per serving, about 70. Corona 160. You do the math. 223REM
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 8:19:48 PM EDT
Start drinkin mixed drinks instead of beer.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 8:23:32 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 8:37:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 8:39:32 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Aimless: Guinness
View Quote
Yeah, that'l do it LOL! I used to only drink stout beer, and then I wondered why I was getting a beer gut, now I just drink Light Beer
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 11:02:31 PM EDT
If calories bother you, then order up a tonic & water.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 7:22:31 AM EDT
Crown Royal and Sprite... Mix with powdered creatine for full affect.. [;)]
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 5:36:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/19/2002 5:36:57 AM EDT by fizassist]
Originally Posted By MAHABALI:
Originally Posted By Aimless: Guinness
View Quote
Yeah, that'l do it LOL! I used to only drink stout beer, and then I wondered why I was getting a beer gut, now I just drink Light Beer
View Quote
Actually, Guinness quotes 10 calories / oz, which puts you in the [b]120 calories / bottle[/b] range, the same as many light beers! And it's only about 4.2% alcohol by volume. Amazing, really, that you can get that kind of flavor from something with about the same number of calories as bud light. I think it's because most of the stuff in there just isn't digestible. [;)]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 2:58:53 PM EDT
Whatever you do, stay away from forms of Unfiltered Wheat beer (hefeweizen). Locally, we have Windmere Hefeweizen, which is one of the best. It has around 400 calories every 12 oz. Unfortunaly, it's one of my favorites, so I had to knock it back to a sixer every month/2 months. Light beers have around 70-100 calories per can/bottle. Why do you think most of the hotties drink Coors light?
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 5:14:52 PM EDT
All the body builders I hang out with go cranberry juice and Stoli's. Figure it's less calories than beer and the cranberry juice is actually good for you!
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 6:00:28 PM EDT
The best thing to do is to not drink at all. That simple. Consider this: a. Drinking alcohol in any form will put extra, empty calories into your body(which needs to stay lean). b. Drinking alcohol lowers your reaction time. In other words, if the proverbial poop is going to hit the fan, and it will often do so when you least expect it, you're not going to be at your optimal level of readiness if you've had even one drink. c. Drinking increases your personal expenditures, and as an AR shooter, you need to spend more money on bullets to practice your shooting skills with.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 6:07:13 PM EDT
Originally Posted By action_jackson_68: The best thing to do is to not drink at all. That simple. Consider this: a. Drinking alcohol in any form will put extra, empty calories into your body(which needs to stay lean). b. Drinking alcohol lowers your reaction time. In other words, if the proverbial poop is going to hit the fan, and it will often do so when you least expect it, you're not going to be at your optimal level of readiness if you've had even one drink. c. Drinking increases your personal expenditures, and as an AR shooter, you need to spend more money on bullets to practice your shooting skills with.
View Quote
Otay. [whacko]
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 11:27:02 AM EDT
Originally Posted By MurderSHO45: Whatever you do, stay away from forms of Unfiltered Wheat beer (hefeweizen).
View Quote
Good idea in theory, but I'm afraid it's just not possible for me to do.
Top Top